Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 540817 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #2025 on: February 29, 2024, 06:01:28 AM »

Good Morning Everyone.... ! 

Currently we have  29F clear, feels like 23F;   High  50F  mostly sunny,  Low 29F

Prayers for:  Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.  Twin Cities suburb- Minneapolis  ;  Lakewood Church community, Texas;  All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

https://www.nature365.tv/

« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 06:03:33 AM by Phyl »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #2026 on: February 29, 2024, 06:02:09 AM »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #2027 on: February 29, 2024, 06:22:15 AM »

Hi Tig  :)  hope you're feeling better

Hi Bazi sounds like you had a total 'blast' at the game.  LOL   ;)   Looking forward to the photos.

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

Sauces bald eagle cam

Puff

« Reply #2029 on: February 29, 2024, 06:44:45 AM »

And the local temps continue E4E. . .

Tuesday (2/27) our record high is 75, made it to 73. Almost!  Darien made it to 76. 

Today (2/29) our record low is 12, made it to 20.  Darien this morn down to 15.

They call it lake effect!?!?  Again, tsk follows closer to the official figures because she'd close to O'Hare.  My numbers seldom agree with ORD or TSK.

Don't recall any rain totals.

P

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #2030 on: February 29, 2024, 06:47:44 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Thanks everyone for the Birthday greetings for Sydney! I took pics and texted them to her. We will have her Birthday dinner on Sunday!

baz, wow, you were up most of the night catching up!  Love the story of your Dad and his alumni jacket tradition, you had to know he smiled down on all of you at his funeral. I am so glad you all had a great time at the game! I understand the note your sister slipped into your Dad's pocket! Hope you get the picture today!

tig, I had to Google BWW!

Lani, love that picture of the lion and his harem! Wow, he has a big harem, several of them look pregnant! And they are all sleeping, maybe the kids have worn them out!

Phyl, cute little Japanese Flying Squirrel! Sydney was close to being a Leapling!  Sophie wasn't wiped out at all, she started wrestling with Sam as soon as she got home! They sent a fabric covered e-collar and had it off 2 seconds after we tied it on. I ordered a onesie, it will be here before noon. But she doesn't seem to be bothering her incision much. Was Maggie as young as Sophie, (almost 4 months old)? She has always been a ball of energy, trying to her is like trying to hold jello!  25 here now, high 56 today. Much better day than yesterday! Climbing to 78 by Sunday! Not so good hurricane season news!  Thanks for the Leap Year article!

E4E, just one appointment today! Sophie is just fine, she started the rough housing almost immediately when she got home! I put her in our bedroom by herself for a while and she calmed down. My plan was to have one confined to each floor for the night, but Sam and her were meowing at each other at the bedroom door, so I let him in. They were good and went to sleep together. They are still up there sleeping I hope, I haven't heard anything (they are right above me).

Lori, your Birthday treats for Sydney look delish!!

Lisa, I love that picture of Sydney, she is a beautiful baby, those eyes are so pretty!

oldguy, you are a chef! Thanks for sharing your recipe!

Heaven Gate of Tianmen Mountain located within Tianmen Mountain National Park, Zhangjiajie, in the northwestern part of Hunan Province, China.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #2031 on: February 29, 2024, 07:11:30 AM »

A sandhill crane Mom says: "here honey, I brought you a worm"

Happy Thursday all.

Thankfully, it's warming up again here after being so cold. It takes the house more than one day to warm up completely.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2032 on: February 29, 2024, 07:29:19 AM »

19 heading to 45 today.  Sun is shining.

OLDGUY   She's an amazing athlete.

T40   LOLOL  Tune in to Decorah and they will find geese this year  LOLOL   Good list - Like the underwater one.

LANI   Quite a layout of lions  ;) ;)

BAZI   Love the story about Dad's funeral and the note!  ;D

PHYL  Cute Leap day reminder  ;)   Love the sweet flying squirrel.  And in the whole scope of things - what is time  LOLOL

PUFF    Don't have my rain gauge out yet and also did not hear of our rain totals.  Hard to keep up with all the records.

CLYNN   Such sweet pics of Sidney with the kids.   LOL  That Sophie is a handful.  I remember back when we had Lucy spayed she never bother the incision either.   WOW  what a view " Heaven's Gate"

KB   Love the ID red spot on sandhill head.
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #2033 on: February 29, 2024, 07:45:00 AM »

Wow!..just got to say. I have missed hearing music in my house.

Now listening to my favorite classical music piece: "Scottish Fantasy" by Bruch.

Never heard it sound this good.

Soundbar and subwoofer attached to tv is phenomenal listening. We can just pull up apple music app on tv and play any piece of music in all genres...

Very cool!...I can probably discard my old surround sound receiver and cd disc changer!...or, hang on to them cause one "never knows"!...LOL

karengramke

« Reply #2034 on: February 29, 2024, 08:17:45 AM »

Eaglesrock!  Sorry about missing your Birthday but hope it was special!   Eagles, after I wrote greetings to you I knew it was wrong but got busy here and forgot to correct it!   Even though it was not your birthday, I hope you had a good day!
Clynn, looks  like Sydney had a day full of lovin spoonfuls!   Sofie is something!  Good for her! 
Cooler here today.  51 now going to 67!   Back to the 70s soon!  Too hot! 

Had problems with a fairly new printer and had the Geek squad here!   As I suspected, dried out ink!  I  ordered ink delivered in yhe am so when he got here I was prepared if that was the issue.  He also changed it to wireless so I can print from the i pad!   Better as I cannot see well on the laptop!  Darn.

May do early voting today!

LisaG1967

« Reply #2035 on: February 29, 2024, 08:39:23 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

karen - Thanks  :)  She is kinda shaky, but she is using this that I got her for Chrismtmas, to stand and try to move along.

tsk - Thank you  :-*  I love her big smile, too. 

Phyl - Dinner sounded yummy.  Now, I will have to make a meatloaf soon.   :)  Thanks for the 365.  The Japanese dwarf flying squirrel, so cute!  Thanks for Leap Year facts.

T40 - Thanks for the links to the Best Wildlife cams.  :)

oldguy - Congrats to Caitlin!

E4E - Misty & Bandit are good, and thanks for kind words on Sydney's pic.  :)

Lani - Misty was in shock for sure!  ;D  Thanks for kind words on Sydney's pic.   :)

baz - Sounds like you had a wonderful time at the game.  Aww, love the story you told Puff about your Dad and his jacket.  :-*

clynn - Thank you for kind words on Sydney.  :)  I love Sydney's sweatshirt she got.   Sounds like everything went well with everyone's appointments yesterday.

kb - Awww, love the pic of the crane and her colt. 

Puff, tig and all - Morning!

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #2036 on: February 29, 2024, 09:29:37 AM »

Bounce

Camper and I are following the Back Roads Boys on their leap year Iron Man mystery tour today. The model As are arriving at the starting point just now. 21 in line so far. S.I.L. will be riding in the rumble seat as Bro drives.
BBL
« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 10:03:34 AM by camperstig »
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

karengramke

« Reply #2037 on: February 29, 2024, 09:31:47 AM »

Oh my Lisa!   Sydney is quite physically advanced!  Are we sure she is 6 months old and standing and walking?  Shaky or not!  One baby who will definitely walk before she crawls!   She looks so intent studying that walker and what she is doing!   Love this picture!Caitlan u
Is quite a player!   She has quite a future!
« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 10:40:45 AM by karengramke »

LisaG1967

« Reply #2038 on: February 29, 2024, 10:53:41 AM »

tig - Enjoy, sounds like fun!

karen - She crawls, too.   ;D

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #2039 on: February 29, 2024, 11:23:51 AM »

These beautiful elephants showed up at Rosie's Pan before I left for bed last night!  ;D

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Phyl, thanks for Leap Year info! The Momonga, Japanese dwarf flying squirrel is so cute with a darling chirp.

Baz, great to see you! Geez, you were up in the early hours, I hope you sleep in today!  :-* ... Sounds like you had a blast at the game!  ;D ... NC and KU's connection goes back to NC's great coach Dean Smith! Smith played college basketball at the University of Kansas, where he won a national championship in 1952 playing for Hall of fame coach Phog Allen.  It's a special connection we have!  :-*

Clynn, Awww, what sweet pics of Sydney with Miss Bella and Talon (a mama and her babes)  :-* ... stunning pic of Heaven Gate of Tianmen Mountain. .. glad to hear Sophie is doing well. I hope your appts went well too. Love your morning pics.

Lisa, awww another adorable pic of Miss Sydney! Shaky or not, she's got strong slim little body pushing the cute walker.  Love her jammies!  :-*

Tig, have fun!

Karen, glad your printer situation is in hand... take care.

Kb, awww, sweet pic of Sandhill chick and mama.... so glad your new tv and sound system is working out great! 

Royal Albatross - 2/29
Hi everyone Sharyn's latest update from Feb 27. It contains interesting info about the health checks recently done on the colony's chicks including TF chick and TFT chick.

Top Flat Track nest
BOK and WYL discuss post-guard timing? WYL: I'm not convinced. Sits on TFT again. BOK always checks on Top Flat chick too, either before leaving or returning from trip.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 04:38:44 PM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander