Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1058612 times)

karengramke

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #8580 on: August 30, 2023, 09:31:22 AM »

Still have power but it is flickering.  Out all around us! It’s

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #8581 on: August 30, 2023, 09:47:45 AM »

Still have power but it is flickering.  Out all around us! It’s

{{{ Karen and Piper sending you both hugs and prayers 🙏.  :-* }}}
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LisaG1967

« Reply #8582 on: August 30, 2023, 10:50:57 AM »

I am back from taking Jeff's car, and getting him a loaner.  No time frame on how long it will take to repair the panoramic sunroof thingy. 

Morning Lani
  :D

tsk - That penguin gif is one of my favorite!  ;D  Have you heard from Barb & Tom...how are Mike and all with the Covid?

clynn - LOL, love your lil grandma saying.  My guess is no, no parts are in stock.  When I had my AC repaired in car, all Honda original AC's were on a nationwide back order till who knew when.  I wonder if all dealerships are having that problem.

karen - Be safe!

oldguy - Just looked at radar, and yikes...karen is getting alot of rain!

Lani

« Reply #8583 on: August 30, 2023, 11:01:55 AM »

Royal Albatross 8/30 9:10
Morning fun.
Besides keeping track of Manaaki and his neighbors it's nice to pause
and watch the interactions between the chicks especially this morning with Quarry chick 
displaying in front of Manaaki.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1696767810184339784

2 Highlight Videos to share
Chicks Flap Their Wings As Gulls Fly Overhead

https://youtube.com/watch?v=oar6PTonjdE

Royal Cam Chick Weighed By Rangers
https://youtube.com/watch?v=Gg62axh0uBQ

Morning Beakers!
Hi Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

I'm having trouble staying connected with internet.
I'll be back.  :)
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

oldguy

« Reply #8584 on: August 30, 2023, 11:29:06 AM »

Karen is now in a moderate rain at this time, but is in the eye wall with winds of 85 out of the north - all of the local weather reporting stations are off line, but the closest stations that are now out ot the center got 5 - 8 inches of reported rain - some of the horizontal rain does not get measured.
Ryan Hall has passed  $41,000 for immediate help in Florida at this time - they are planning to live stream for about 3-4 more hours.

Radar indication rainfall for Karen's area is mostly 8-10 inches total up to this time 12:40 local
« Last Edit: August 30, 2023, 11:37:46 AM by oldguy »
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #8585 on: August 30, 2023, 12:05:52 PM »

Hi Beak Room,

I came to check on Karen.

Karen, Prayers for you and Piper continue. Stay safe.

Prayers to all in the path of this storm.

I wish the best to all here in the Beak Room.
Take care.
Paulie

LisaG1967

« Reply #8586 on: August 30, 2023, 12:42:43 PM »

Watching TWC now, and they are in karen's city and showing damage, and speaking of the power outages.

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #8587 on: August 30, 2023, 12:46:07 PM »

Prayers for you Karen and Piper!!! Please be safe! Captiva's nest is still ok, NEFL is OK, everybody is hunkered down somewhere safe.  My Uncle moved north of Tampa near Cedar Key, everything is ok so far.

Captiva Island Florida Eagles
« Last Edit: August 30, 2023, 01:00:59 PM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

Lani

« Reply #8588 on: August 30, 2023, 01:52:35 PM »

Thank you Oldguy, Lisa, Lori for updates on Karen, Baz and surrounding areas.  🙏

Paulie, I heard you had a fall, I send prayers you are healing and feeling better. 🙏  :)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #8589 on: August 30, 2023, 02:17:01 PM »

I just heard from karen, the storm has passed through her area. One section of fence was down in her back yard, and lots of leaves and sticks all over.  No electricity. Heavy rain.  Other than that, all is well.

Lani, love watching the albatross chicks flap their wings and sing! Beautiful coloring on their backs!  It looked to me like Manaaki gave that guy an indignant look after he let go of his beak!!

Today is Rainbow Bridge Remembrance Day, August 28. On this day we remember the pets that are no longer with us.
In loving memory of all the beloved pets that have crossed the Rainbow Bridge.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #8590 on: August 30, 2023, 02:38:32 PM »

some bounce
Phyl... Are you ok?
Fair recovery day and laundry, and concrete guy finished up.

I found a little tree? frog on top of our mailbox. He is on the ground now.
TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8591 on: August 30, 2023, 02:49:51 PM »

CLYNN   Like  " Even after the worst storms"....For sure you should get that $86.00 back.   I cannot fathom 900" of snow.  Those folks will be talking about that for generations to come.  Feel guilty complaining about 8"    ???   Love that cute first day of school pic  :-*  That link from KAREN would not open for me.    Thanks so much as I read on that Karen is over the worst and minimal damage in her yard.  Now to await power - Did she have an aide with her today? - Probably not.  :(

KAREN   What a time for Piper to go crazy outside and misbehave  :o  Nice neighbor tho to help!!

LISA  On Jeff's sunroof - things are just taking longer these days in all areas.   I  like to do the penguin every one in a while as I still laugh  LOL
Barb ( not Tom) will go to the wedding tomorrow - Her flight is 11 AM into Mobile.  She said a day or two ago - Mike still did not have Covid - do believe all will be going.  They drive down from Birmingham - usually through the night so the kids sleep.( 20 month old Talia and the twin girls at 4 yrs.)

LANI   Maybe Quarry and Manaaki are friends by now and will fly off together  ;) :D

OLDGUY   Thanks for the weather updates re KAREN's situation.

LORI  Thanks much for the nest updates and good news for your uncle. :-*
Chicagoland

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #8592 on: August 30, 2023, 04:14:36 PM »

Hi Beakers. Waving to All!  :)

All good here! I will be affected by Idalia from now through the night, and most of tomorrow, but I don't expect anything severe, as long as I don't get hit by a tornado. I'm going to have lots of rain, and I have a tropical storm warning since tropical storm conditions are expected here as it comes through and past me on its way further up the NC coastline, but the winds won't be a problem here. Expect about 6 inches of rain here tonight and in the morning (most of it tonight), higher amounts in some places. I won't have a flooding problem at my home. I have been under a tornado watch since this morning, till 10pm tonight. I'm sure it will get extended. It's those tropical system bands of higher winds and rain near the coast that produce those quick spin-up tropical tornadoes, and I will have those bands through the night tonight and much of tomorrow. Those kinds of tornadoes are sudden, small, and short-lived. The only problem is if one of them strikes you or your property, it can cause a lot of damage, and can kill you. One of them this afternoon, in SC, not too far from Charleston, just picked up a car on the highway and stood it up hard on its nose (headlights) and then picked it up in the air and flipped it over it's end and slammed it down on its roof on the highway, partly on top of another car on the highway. Parts of the car went flying. People should not dismiss those little quick spinup tropical tornadoes. They are what scare me the most with tropical systems. So, yes, as oldguy said, Idalia is a rain event for my area - but it's not "just" a rain event. It's a tropical storm, and there's a high risk of tornadoes. Some people will have flooding, and trees will come down in spots. As long as they don't land on people or property, no problem.

((Karen)), I hope your power won't be out too many days! I'm so glad you did not have any major issues, but I'm so sorry you got that fence damage. I wonder if any of the pines came down that could've been within reach of your house or car. I hope not, even though none landed on your property. It's a lot of work and $$ to get them removed after they fall, even if they don't land on anything but the ground!  Piper was not being a PD when you let her out this morning!  ;) :-* LOL! Glad your neighbor helped corral her. LOL, Piper says, "I can't hear you, Mom!"  ;) :D :D The Weather Channel had someone broadcasting live from your town on TV all afternoon, including a live interview on the street downtown with your mayor. They said 97% of your area is without power, and there are some blown transformers on some of the power poles, and damaged substation, so it might take longer than usual to get power back, but I hope yours comes back on as soon as possible. I know it's going to be very warm temps again there soon. Hang in there!

Clynn, yay for your hatchback latch repair getting covered by warranty!!  :D  I can't see what your link was - I get an error that says, "HTTP ERROR 404 must authenticate" I s that link from some email app?? Just curious. I wonder what that video is.

Have a good evening, All!  :)  I will be unplugging during the stormy weather.  Zippo and I have our "Idalia snacks" to get to!  8)

« Last Edit: August 30, 2023, 04:20:32 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

LisaG1967

« Reply #8593 on: August 30, 2023, 05:51:49 PM »

Lori - Glad to hear the your uncle, and all the nests in Florida are OK.

Lani - Oh no, still having trouble with the internet?  Thanks for the Royal update. 

clynn - Glad to hear that karen is ok.  Those things can be repaired and cleaned up.  Hope she doesn't have to wait too long to get power restored. Awww, Rainbow Bridge Remembrance Day.

tig - Tree frogs are so cute. 

tsk - I agree with you on that, about things taking longer.  I hope Barb masks up for the plane ride, and wow, I am still amazed that Mike has not got it yet. He must have a good immune system!

baz - You and Zippo stay safe, and enjoy those Idalia snacks.  ;D ;)

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #8594 on: August 30, 2023, 06:29:16 PM »

Hi Beakers

Karen & Baz - Thinking of you and praying that you stay safe during Idalia. 

Lani - Cute 'nite' pic!  We do hope to go back to Tahoe next year around the same time!

Paulie - Always so nice to see you in the Beak.

Clynn - That is great that your hatchback will be covered on your warranty!!  The right thing for them to do now is to refund your $86.00.    Just read that you heard from Karen - thank you for the update.

Karen - Oh no! Your little Piper wouldn't cooperate this morning - at least you got her in!!   You & Piper please stay safe.

Oldguy - Thank you for the storm info - we all appreciate it!

LisaG - Nice that you are back home with the Loaner for Jeff.  How are Bandit and Misty these days?

Lani - Love all the Albatross pics/vid and info!

Lori - Beautiful prayer post for all in the storm.  Hope your Uncle stays safe too!   Wow - the Captiva Island Florida Eagles - so hard to see that.

Tig - Awe the little froggie! :)

Phyl - How are you & Jim doing? 

I just want to share a couple of pics from our little Tahoe trip;  1 is the view from the balcony of our room and the 2nd is a pic I took while we were driving out of Tahoe and noticed a water fall up high on the Mt., but it was actually a fall of melting snow!!  If you look closely up high where you see the Van, you can see the white 'Fall'.  The pic doesn't do it justice - it was beautiful!