Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1058069 times)

karengramke

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #8550 on: August 28, 2023, 05:45:53 PM »

Lani and Lori, thanks for the report on the Royal As

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8551 on: August 28, 2023, 07:09:20 PM »

KB    You indeed are a blessed family - no Covid.  Knocking off the projects  - Steady as she goes... ;D

BAZI  How nice of you to share that wonderful story of memories of being with your favorite Uncle as a young child.  I would have been enamored as well.  And then to later meet the "unborn cousin" and be able to give him some of the archival the history of the family.  How wonderful.

LANI   The record setting albatross Gunpit fledge.  Rangers are thrilled. ;D   I love to have a list of indoor things to do on hot days - will get to those on the weekend -90's again.   ::) ::)    Oh No  poor little Robin passed.  Must be so hard on those trying to rehabilitate.

EAGLES  Love your temps there at Tahoe,- enjoy the day.  Not a bad ride at all to get there.

LISA   What a sweet pic of Sidney and I do see a bit of a smile  ;)  Sure hope your day went well.
Chicagoland

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #8552 on: August 28, 2023, 09:20:08 PM »

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

karengramke

« Reply #8553 on: August 28, 2023, 09:37:57 PM »

Well, it now looks like we are in for some serious stuff beginning tomorrow night!   Hope this sucker moves a tad to the east. Where it was or, preferably falls apart! We are now in the warning area for hurricane force winds, rain, of course, tornados, etc!   I hope the pines around here hold up! No basement of course and a couple of closet like rooms without windows!   Not my first rodeo for this but I am not mentally ready for this one!   Lol, I liked the earlier forecasts better!  Seds and see you in the am!

Lani

« Reply #8554 on: August 29, 2023, 12:41:06 AM »

Eagles, glad you and Kris are having a relaxing time in beautiful Lake Tahoe!  :-*

Lisa, awww, beautiful baby Sydney, gorgeous eyes, precious girl. I'm so glad for you and Sydney that you were able to spend some TLC time today.  :-*

{{{Kb}}} I'm happy for you, You accomplished a lot and now you can sit back and enjoy its rewards.  :-*

Lori, thank you for the great Manaakii gifs and Lady Hawk video! Also, great Media release updating and sharing with us a better understanding of what's going on with the colony...  Very concerning to read about the adult albatross feeding their chicks the plastic from their stomachs that they are picking up from the seas. Reminds me of Kb's post of the importance of the Ocean trash clean up barge. In fact, I think there was one video where the cam showed plastic in one of the chicks nests.

Tsk, I'm so sad for the TRR family. They work so hard to rehabilitate these beautiful critters. But, at least these sloths babies are treated with love, well fed, given the medical care that they need and feel safe. But, mostly especially given love. I'll miss Robin's big brown searching eyes.  :-*

{{{Karen and Piper}}} I pray the storm will miss all of you and go out to the ocean.

{{{Baz and Zippo}}} be safe and take care.

Happy birthday Masswatch! I hope you had a good day  :)

Good night!

Remembering Ming/Pat/Peggy

Prayers for Lahaina and Kaanapali, Maui, Hawaii

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Phyl and Jim, Eagle's mom, Tsk's friend Lynn & Husband and her DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Baz, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Tim and Tsk, Lori and her grandma Clute, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Karen, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Eagle's Mom,Tsk friend Lynn's & husband and her DIL Amy, Baz, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For TRR Sloth Robin, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #8555 on: August 29, 2023, 01:40:38 AM »

(((KAREN))), I hope the track moves more east from you soon!! I saw you are now in the hurricane warning area! Get your safest closet cleared enough and set up as your safe room on Tuesday so it has room for you and Piper to just go and get in it on Wednesday on short notice if needed. If you have time, if you need to go to the closet for a warning, close all the doors in your house - if you have time. That way, if any debris blows against a window and breaks it, the broken glass will stay contained in that room, and not blow through your house. Hope it won't happen, but I always do that as an extra measure. Maybe put a chair and cushion and pillow and water and such in the closet beforehand so you don't have to gather those things at the last second. Maybe stash some doggie treats in the closet, too, for Piper, and an extra pair of reading glasses, if you wear them... and have your phone charged up and with you. Put a flashlight near where you know where it is and can easily reach it if the power goes out. If you have a plastic gallon jug of water (or even an empty plastic jug), you can put your flashlight to shine through from behind it, and it will disperse the light across a larger area almost like a small soft lamp, and it really helps! Maybe you have a battery lantern. But shining a flashlight through a plastic jug is a good trick, too! Keep your weather alerts on and volume up. It sounds like the higher winds will start reaching your area early Wednesday morning, and last through most of the day before it has passed by, so at least it will be during the day. Just prep the best you can on Tuesday (be sure you have a manual can opener if you feed any canned food to Piper), and y'all stay safe. I know you know all these things... just reminders.  It can be nerve-wracking, I know, but it's going to be okay. And... Fingers crossed you stay on the west side of the storm and won't need any of those things!!

LISA, oh my! I agree with Karen... Sydney is a beautiful baby! and looks so alert and older than her days! What a sweetheart!  :-* :-*  I don't know about the amusement park at Pontchartrain Beach. It must have been so much fun spending time at your grandparents' campground and going to that amusement park when you were growing up!

E4E, I'm jealous!  I love Lake Tahoe and the area all around there! I haven't been there in years! What a nice getaway for you and Kris!

LANI, you are staying so busy! Wow, that's really hot for your area and elevation! I hope it's a one-day thing only! Thanks, luckily, my area only expects some wind and lots of rain, but nothing severe, if the current track holds. Manaaki looks like she's loving the wind and the view! I don't want her to go yet!  :-*  Aww, such sad news about little Robin the Sloth... may he rest in peace. So hard on all who cared for him, too.  :-*

TSK, is your thespian niece planning to be in any upcoming productions this Fall?

Waving to All the Beakers!  Take care. Peace. SED.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2023, 01:45:17 AM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #8556 on: August 29, 2023, 06:54:12 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...

Currently 75F  High  87F partly sunny  Low 63F      

{{{ Karen and  all those in the path of Tropical Storm Idalia }}} 🙏 's
{{{ Lahaina and Kaanapali,  Maui, HI }}}  🙏 's
{{Remembering Ming/Pat/Peggy}}

Wanted to pop in say 'Hi' and a give a big warm 'Thank You' for all the kind / thoughtful birthday greetings
 and goodies from last Sunday...

My sinuses are a mess! All I do is sleep!!
Jim and I are still feeling rotten. He's back to work though.
So far Maggie's not caught it.  ;)
Thank you for the 'get well' wishes, too.

Got a a little birthday email from Paul,  Heather and family ,
Jim's youngest, with a picture of my Mom’s rainbow cake after they  cut it. Mom always made me one
for my birthday.

Heard from Dan and all's well there. I had been concerned with Hurricane Hilary moving that direction before she switched course.
Thanks for the nests updates and family news ...baby Sydney  :-*, Munchkins on train ride  ;),  will read everything later.
Sending prayers to those who are ill,  injured and  have troubles.

Just thought I’d post these before they became ‘untimely’

From Live Science.com
Rare 'blue supermoon'the biggest and brightest full moon of the year — rises Aug. 30

https://www.livescience.com/space/the-moon/rare-blue-supermoon-the-biggest-and-brightest-full-moon-of-the-year-rises-aug-30?utm_term=C190B63E-87C3-4395-B655-61057A13DDD2&utm_campaign=368B3745-DDE0-4A69-A2E8-62503D85375D&utm_medium=email&utm_content=7AA012E5-36EB-48F1-8E26-95344C4CA6C3&utm_source=SmartBrief

From World History Encyclopedia.org
A Brief History of the Rose
https://www.worldhistory.org/article/2264/a-brief-history-of-the-rose/?esh=85d7c3d5cd473d225368af62a6ed9988991e13ae1f632526d69b30725b7979c7&emd=ebe150d77d2db51479b2e2aee712fbb9&lid=ac74a77c22&utm_campaign=newsletter_en&utm_medium=email&utm_source=rss2?&mc_cid=c732a60684&mc_eid=7a5e0d77bd

Going back to bed...
« Last Edit: August 29, 2023, 07:03:32 AM by Phyl »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

LisaG1967

« Reply #8557 on: August 29, 2023, 07:02:12 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Thank you all for the kind words on Sydney.   :-*

karen - Are you in the evacuation zone yet?  I have a friend on a lil vacay on St. George Island in FL, and they are being told to evacuate now.  I know you are a lil further up from there, but didn't know if you were in that zone. Oops, I see your comment now.  Stay safe!

kb - Hope you can get your project done, and rest up some.

Lori - Thanks for the Royal update!

tsk - Yea, Sydney kinda gave a lil smile when I was talking to her, and holding the phone in her face...LOL  Bradley stayed in the room with me and Sydney most of the time, but I didn't see Kelly at all.  She stayed in the other room, which was kinda strange.

Lani - Aww, the talkative 3 week old.  Thanks...I was glad I got to hold, kiss, and put Sydney to sleep!

baz - My mama said the same thing...Sydney does not look like a 3 week old baby.

Phyl - Feel better soon!!!

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #8558 on: August 29, 2023, 07:07:44 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

baz, some very good storm/hurricane advice, you could write a 'be prepared' handbook!  Loved your story of your Uncle and how wonderful that you could hand down some precious information to your cousin John, I am sure his family is grateful! I have my Mother's box of old pictures, letters etc. I asked her if I could borrow it to take some pictures os things I wanted. She very slowly handed it over to me... 

Lani, sending prayers for the wonderful people caring for the sloths...RIP Robin...  How is your wirewising going, are you done yet? You are having some hot weather too, but looks like you may get some rain and a cooldown Friday! When is Mike returning? Hope both of your girls are doing well...  Wow on the rainbow cloud, have never seen anything like it! That is the sweetest puppy with a big voice!  Ming, I remember... Yes, the kids were here Sunday, neither of them had much to say about school! Ed took them to the park and took a ton of pictures...

karen, you and Piper hunker down and stay safe! Will one of your helpers be there tomorrow?

Lori, thanks for the albatross news, an exciting first fledge! Manaaki will be around for at least a couple of weeks, maybe! Ocean trash harms so many ocean creatures, bless those who are trying to clean it up.

Lisa, oh my, Sydney is prettier every time I see a new picture, I love babies with dark hair! And she has a lot! Sweet little smile, and she is really looking at you! Don't you love it when she falls asleep while you are holding her? Kelly probably just needed a little time for herself...

E4E, hope you and Kris are having a good time at Lake Tahoe! I wish I was there! Such beautiful weather, you may even need a sweater by Friday, if you are still there!

tsk, haven't heard you mention any church activities going on lately, does it slow down in the summer?

Phyl, oh my, you are not feeling up to par! I hope you can get rid of it with some rest! Glad to hear that Dan is okay.

Oh my, take a look at this house in Waukee, IA (Bedroom Town 5 miles from here), only $995,000.   https://jakeboydphoto.smugmug.com/35087-Burgundy-Cir-Waukee/

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8559 on: August 29, 2023, 07:08:42 AM »

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE

64 heading to 82  DP 56  humidity 73  sunny - chance of rain later today.

LANI    Talkative 3 yr old   ;D

KAREN   This is very worrisome for you and I suppose there is no where else for you to go?

BAZI   What excellent advice you gave KAREN.. I've learned a few things myself.   Barb and Tom who lost their car in the last hurricane last year in Naples just had their cars moved inland - just in case.   My great niece - the actress - just started high school. They only do 1 musical a year and I think it will be in spring.  Don't know if she will get involved in drama or if there is any "outside of high school group" she will get involved in.
Chicagoland

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8560 on: August 29, 2023, 07:23:39 AM »

(((((PHYL))))) - any chicken soup in the house?

LISA   That was kind of odd that you didn't see Kelly.....Maybe she just wanted to give you and Bradley some time alone together.  How long were you there?

CLYNN     Love your positive and cheerful AM greetings each day   ;D    That Bella is a real ham in front of the camera.  She'd be a great child model.   ;) ;D   Love her outfit and hair style.   I'm always doing stuff church related - just don't mention it  LOLOL  Have a meeting on Thurs.  but basically at church things calm down a bit during summer altho we just had our first summer food drive for two weekends to help restock our 2 local church food pantries.   Lotta bang for the buck in Waukee.  Wonder how large the family is?   "I rented out the basement".LOL
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #8561 on: August 29, 2023, 10:11:53 AM »

tsk & clynn - I stayed for two hours.  I brought them breakfast from a nearby bagel shop and I thought she might come out to eat her bagel, but didn't.  I hope that is all what is was, needing time to herself.

clynn - Great pics of the munchkins.  School started here yesterday for some of the nieces and nephews.  Wow, that house in the link you posted...beautiful!

Lani

« Reply #8562 on: August 29, 2023, 01:10:12 PM »

Dunrovin Ranch Osprey Harriet and Swoop!  :-*
This past Saturday I was able to capture a few pics of Dunrovin Harriet's three youngsters!
I think the oldest one has already flown on his migration. These three were chatting up a storm and
demanding fish! So, I'm assuming dad Swoop must still be around to make sure his young ones leave the
nest and he's the last one to tidy up home base and head out for the winter!  ;D

Happy Tuesday Beakers!
Hi Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

{{{Phyl}}} I pray you will feel better soon, and Jim too... thanks for supermoon info and history of the rose.

{{{Lisa}}} I'm sure Kelly wanted to give you, Bradley and Sydney some quiet time. And she could rest and have quiet time too.  :-*

Clynn, great pics of Talon and Bella! Mike will return home Friday, the girls are fine, just busy, busy..... I've finished firewising the right side of our home, I'm going to do behind the wash/stream later after Labor Day. That way I won't get hit by any stray golf balls. LOL! ... beautiful home, it would be priced over 1.5 million here, if not more, and in Scottsdale between 2 to 4 mil.

Goodness, I had internet interruption for a few minutes.
I cut, saved and pasted quickly.

{{{Karen and Piper}}} thinking of you both, be safe.  :-*

Hi Tig, Baz, Eagles, Oldguy :)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2023, 01:18:51 PM by Lani »

karengramke

« Reply #8563 on: August 29, 2023, 01:25:13 PM »

((Lisa))). No evacuation orders here.  80 miles from the gulf so no surge. Can flood with enough rain but  not that big a concern!

Tsk, I could have called a girl in Tifton and stayed with them but driving there would be a problem. I have vision issues!   The only issue here is the trees!  If the pines stay upright we are good! I could pay big bucks to take about 8 of them out but there are pines in neighbors yards that could hit my house!
My vet was  here this am and we moved some items.  Turned a table and a glider upside down and brought chairs inside.  Hummingbird feeder is still out but I will bring it in later.  I think they are in hiding some place as Im did not see any last night.
We are expected to have winds of 70 mph as of the last report!

Phyl, feel better!

Clynn, great looking park and it looks like the kids had fun!  Pretty flowers in your am picture,

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8564 on: August 29, 2023, 02:10:51 PM »

LANI   Dunrovin was very successful this year. ;D

KAREN   Glad you got some help with the outside furniture.  Stay safe.
Chicagoland