Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1010311 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #3060 on: March 25, 2023, 06:12:58 AM »

Sauces Bald Eagles - Channel Islands
Mar 25, 2023 6:08 AM
Camera Time: Mar 25, 2023 4:07 AM PDT
Birchwoman

It's been very windy---29mph-- awww Audi

From Chat:

Dave
2 hours ago
Mar 25, 2023 01:13:04
Still looking good.
We are looking forward to seeing
The Worlds Most Beautiful Eagle-ette!

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #3061 on: March 25, 2023, 06:30:23 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

BL, love your story of Spot Henry the Dumpster Kitty, sounds like he was your soul cat...

Lani, good news for Shannon! pic

E4E, I'll be visiting my Mom next month, I am sure she will have some things I can help her with! The three of us daughters try to make sure one of us visits every few months. I usually go in April for a week, Kelsey and I go in July for a week, then I go maybe in October and always for Christmas! Mom will be 89 this year and is doing very well. She has 2 sisters, all of them widows, that live close by and they also watch over each other and do things together. Honestly, something very inexpensive has given Mom so much joy, it is attached to her front picture window, just out of reach of the squirrels:

Lisa, I can't believe the rescue wanted Misty back! Good for you standing up to them! I don't think they have grounds to have the kittens either, what are they going to do to you if you give them to good homes? Sounds like they are just worried about the $$ they won't get if you home the kittens. They didn't even have her long enough to have her fixed, that's obvious! Could they tell you when she was chipped? I just wonder if they looked for her or even noticed when she escaped...I know you don't know , it just makes me wonder...

Puff, soul pets never leave one's memory...I can still have tears for my Bogey, who has been gone nearly 23 years...

Phyl, thanks for the egg peek again! Found another look that is suspicious!  55 high for us today! 35 right now. I see the first 60 for Thursday...Spring is coming!

NEFL - Diana Lambertson, Admin 3/24 - V3 not happy with this visitor. I hear around three years old which would be the age of Jules or Romy. Gabby has not been seen in the nest for a couple of days, Don't worry she is fine. This baby is not threat.  2023 AEF eagles.org nefl

NEFL - Diana Lambertson, Admin 3/19 - Another visitor!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

« Reply #3062 on: March 25, 2023, 06:37:13 AM »

Mississippi River Flyway Cam
Mar 25, 2023 6:35 AM
Camera Time: Mar 25, 2023 6:35 AM CDT
Birchwoman

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #3063 on: March 25, 2023, 06:37:52 AM »

Caturday Shames:

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #3064 on: March 25, 2023, 06:38:44 AM »

Caturday Shames: continued

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #3065 on: March 25, 2023, 07:07:49 AM »

Clynn luv your Caturday sequel to 'nothing good comes of this look'. Thanks for NEFL update/photos. Wonderful that you, sisters and aunts keep eye out for each other and on your mom.  :-*

You know...I have suspicions about that animal shelter.   Last night before I went to sleep, I couldn't stop wrestling with the whole bout Lisa had with them yesterday. And, if I were Lisa and Jeff I would'nt deal with them...not even take the weaned kittens there or leave Misty there to get spayed---I don't think they'll give Misty back. I think I'd keep her and work with their vet on these issues. Why couldn't Lisa's vet spay Misty and put a chip ? Really, why not?     And, vet said they'd put up kitten pics too.  I just have this 'gut feeling'...I believe every arugment/question  Lani and you have put out there is valid.  Because,  I have    them as well. 

Hi Puff are yiou caught up on the newspapers and all? I know lots to do after a long trip.  ;)

Kb wondering what  amazing wildlife photo you have for us today. Hope you and Ollieman get a nice walk today.

Lani been checking on Puffin season... my current issue of the Smithsonian magazine has a cover story on baby puffins that I'm eager to  read, if I ever sit in any other chair in this house. LOL

Sauces bald eagle cam

LisaG1967

« Reply #3066 on: March 25, 2023, 07:44:33 AM »

Good Morning Beakers.........It's Caturday!!!

Good Morning Puff

kb - Thanks for the NEFL update.  I didn't realize Gabby left, too! 

tsk, clynn and all - Animal Control won't tell me when they adopted her out, or if she was an escapee, as they say that is privacy.  All they say is she is still in their system and needs to be adopted out properly.  My foster to adopt paper that I signed with them, states she was born on 6/13/22, not altered, weight 4.96lbs, and gives her microchip number.  I guess I have to use my imagination as to why she is not with them any longer for them to want her back, and to be adopted out properly.  I have only two answers for that...she escaped from there or she was adopted and that person lives near me and hasn't cared for her?

Phyl - Love the bunny night light.  Great cam pics!

E4E - Thank you  :-*

BL - Awww, Spot Henry the Dumpster Kitty!

Lani - I am so glad to hear that Shannon's lesion is dead, and they will keep eye on it.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #3067 on: March 25, 2023, 07:59:48 AM »

Some bounce
I still have congestion on my chest that crackles  and talks to me with every breath. Grr.
We stopped by El Burrito Mercado for supper because Camper noticed they advertised a mariachi band. We think it may have been the guys he would have hired for my party... but he had been told they couldn't come because a member broke their arm. The accordion player had a brace on his left forearm. A guitarron and a small guitar. And they sang happy birthday to me. 👏😁
TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #3068 on: March 25, 2023, 08:15:30 AM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1638503674849656833

This is friggin amazing....true artists....we've all seen dogs and humans dance together, but this is another level I think...

Morning all..

Lisa - you write about your saga with Misty well...thanks for all the background info and it does seem rather short sited on their part....following only "procedure" hmm..
I do think your second thought about her being adopted out previously and let go is also a real possibility.

BL - I've never seen Stevie and Carlos sing together....great video.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3069 on: March 25, 2023, 08:36:35 AM »

GOOD CATURDAY MORNING EVERYONE

Mid 30's today and missing the tons of snow in the north and west burbs and up into Wis..  Brother in Milwaukee says it's like a blizzard there.  :o Rained tho pretty heavy for a few hours last night.

EAGLES  Helpful adventure with Mom . :)

BL   What a story about your dumpster kitty.  You were just the right family for this orphan.

LANI     Great for Shannon!  All those days of worry... :o

PHYL   Cute cat selfie  ;)

CLYNN   You have some warm weather coming up.  40's for us all week  :o

TIG   You got a Happy Birthday anyway.  Take care of that cold.

KB   Cool!!!

Chicagoland

clynndunn

« Reply #3070 on: March 25, 2023, 08:53:13 AM »

Lisa, you forgot one other reason they want Misty's kittens, $$$. What? Privacy issues for cats? You didn't ask for the name of the person who surrendered her! And I agree with Lani, the spay should have been done when they chipped her. This may not be her first litter, most first litters are 2 or 3 kittens. If it were me I wouldn't contact them again, just tell them the kittens didn't survive if they call you about them.

"The average litter size for cats is 4 to 6 kittens; however, adolescents, seniors, and first-timers typically have smaller-than-average litters. First-time moms usually only have 2 or 3 kittens."

"The optimal age to spay/neuter a cat is before it reaches 5 months of age. For owned cats, the optimal age would be 4 to 5 months; for cats in shelters, the optimal age could be as early as 8 weeks. Current scientific evidence shows no medical or behavioral reasons to delay spaying/neutering of cats past 5 months of age, and there are population and health benefits to spaying/neutering cats before they reach 5 months. Sterilization surgeries are easier, faster, and safer when performed on cats younger than 5 months, and implementation of this practice is simple."

Well, that's more than you probably wanted to know...sorry! I just don't understand them wanting her back for any reason besides the $$$. They have to know she is in a good home now and should be done with it. It would feel different if they simply asked you if you wanted help finding homes for the kittens when the time came.

kb, fantastic video of tiny dog  and big man gymnastics!

Phyl, the hair dryer shame cracked me up...I could imagine the smell ...

tsk, did you say you are missing the snow? LOLOL!

Lani, this popped up in FB, it said Tonto Creek is 18 miles from Payson. thought you might have heard this on the news...
https://www.abc15.com/news/local-news/friend-speaks-out-after-bear-flat-couple-found-in-tonto-creek?fbclid=IwAR1O68_FfMPiIf7ge8Nzer3W3q2lLU7CYGj5pn2nNmyMZSrl9dw57bwpqp4

KCCI viewers from Ankeny to Jewell and Algona (Iowa) captured the beauty of aurora borealis. (Ankeny is a suburb of Des Moines.)
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

clynndunn

« Reply #3071 on: March 25, 2023, 09:08:16 AM »

This was posted on an e-mail newsletter I subscribe to and I thought it was worth sharing...

I hired a plumber to help me restore an old farmhouse, and after he had just finished a rough first day on the job: a flat tire made him lose an hour of work, his electric drill quit and his ancient one-ton truck refused to start. While I drove him home, he sat in stony silence.

On arriving, he invited me in to meet his family. As we walked toward the front door, he paused briefly at a small tree, touching the tips of the branches with both hands.

When opening the door he underwent an amazing transformation. His face was wreathed in smiles and he hugged his two small children and gave his wife a kiss.

Afterward, he walked me to the car. We passed the tree and my curiosity got the better of me.

I asked him about what I had seen him do earlier. ‘Oh, that's my trouble tree,' he replied 'I know I can't help having troubles on the job, but one thing's for sure, those troubles don't belong in the house with my wife and the children.

So I just hang them up on the tree every night when I come home and ask God to take care of them.

Then in the morning, I pick them up again.' 'Funny thing is,' he smiled,' when I come out in the morning to pick 'em up, there aren't nearly as many as I remember hanging up the night before.

THIS ONE IS WORTH SENDING ON. Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance. We all need a Tree!

Puff

« Reply #3072 on: March 25, 2023, 09:09:34 AM »

Yes, Phyl I got caught up on the papers, that is except for today's which is still out on the drive.

Two things planned for today - unpack the dang suitcase and make the corned beef and cabbage.  Well, maybe tomorrow for the corned beef.  I might just go back and snuggle under the covers.  Caught a bug on the conx flight back; I was afraid and tried to take care.  Bozo next to me spent entire 8 hour flight dealing with a post nasal drip - sniffed and snorted all the way back.  Dug to the bottom of my  purse for the face mask I carry for hospital, etc.  Guess something got through.

One more cup of tea and I'll decide.  I hope you're all OK - I tried not to sneeze/cough on anyone.

P
« Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 09:11:37 AM by Puff »

kbshcb

« Reply #3073 on: March 25, 2023, 10:35:22 AM »

Another great view of Minnehaha Falls by Felipe Castro:

I like his caption too: "It's alive".

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3074 on: March 25, 2023, 10:51:22 AM »

CLYNN  The vet guessed that Misty was about a year old.  That's how old Lulu was as well with her litter.  I didn't realize cats could breed that young.  Yes my Milw and Green Bay brothers are getting dumped on  LOL  Great story about the trouble tree. :)

PUFF  Hard to imagine any more about being in a plane without a mask. - Maybe even doubling up.  SIGH
Chicagoland