Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 447670 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #3045 on: March 24, 2023, 02:42:41 PM »

tsk - Not a bad wait time on your car computer. 

Lani - I hope all went well with Shannon at her appointment today!

Phyl - Cute Easter figurine.

Update from the vets office:
Long story short.....Animal control wanted Misty back, so she could be adopted out properly.  I went up there, told them I have been feeding and caring for her and just spend $350 last night on vet visit and ultrasound and I didn't think it was fair I should have to pay to adopt.  So, they told me I had to foster to adopt her, when the kittens are born and ready to go to they will go there to be adopted.  Misty will be spayed and then I can have her microchip number to register her and she will legally be ours.

kbshcb

« Reply #3046 on: March 24, 2023, 03:42:17 PM »

Wow, I just read that Gabby is back at the NEFL nest....I can't remember how long she's been gone?..anyone?....I gave up on that nest afterwards....Actually, after the original pair left mostly, teehee.
My favorite nest in the south.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #3047 on: March 24, 2023, 04:58:26 PM »

{{Lani}}  {{{Shannon}}} I hope she gets some positive news!  I can understand her wanting be alone with Doc at first appt.
Glad the snow did 't last. Jumping jacks! How long has that been? I use to do  them with a foreward kick  and clap underneath switch leg and repeat.
They were fun.  LOL  Indeed, Bandit's  quite bachelor days are well behind him now.

Tsk good wait time on your auto's PC update.  Then not so rough on you.

Lisa many thanks for the update on your Misty.   A hearty 'good for you' going up there and punching it out.  I can't begin to say how well I think of you both for doing this.  ;)

In the days before microchip when we adopted Mike from Nashville Humane Assoc.  adoption fee and $60 for neutering and wait a week for healing. Mike was 6mos old Maine Coon with 7 other bros and sis's. his family was moving away just like Maggie's.
 Maggie was only 4 mos and not weaned. She was teeny tiny ,still is small.

I hear the garage door and Jim's home.
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3048 on: March 24, 2023, 05:09:20 PM »

LISA   Good for you!!!  Glad you all came to a reasonable agreement.  Your friends who wanted some of the kitties will just have to do it formally then and have to pay.

KB  Really?  Gabby is back???
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #3049 on: March 24, 2023, 05:43:15 PM »

LISA   Good for you!!!  Glad you all came to a reasonable agreement.  Your friends who wanted some of the kitties will just have to do it formally then and have to pay.

KB  Really?  Gabby is back???

I think so?...I have several fb pages and then I get those "just for you" pages....I scroll through all.
I'm subscribed to some and not to others..
So when I'm done reading it it goes poof if I'm not subscribed.
There were several comments on that post.
So, now I can't find it as according to fb "I'm all caught up"
Their cam is not on so not sure how someone posted a pic of her.....that's why I'm questioning this.

Upon further reflection I think it was Sampson who disappeared....so Gabby may have left for some time as well....hope she finds a new mate..
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 05:50:02 PM by kbshcb »

Phyl

« Reply #3050 on: March 24, 2023, 06:08:42 PM »

Kb so excited about Lisa's Misty I missed your post.  Went back and read it.

Here's what I found on their Twitter account.
They have a live cam clip in a Twitter post  for 3-14-23.
But something was mentioned about 'food wars'.

https://twitter.com/nefleaglecam

Yesterday's Twitter post had a photo of an immature BE at Gabby's nest.

Since I don't actively follow NEFL I'll leave the rest to you

« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 06:15:04 PM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #3051 on: March 24, 2023, 06:26:48 PM »

'Good  Evening and Good Night"  .

#IstandwithEvan

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #3052 on: March 24, 2023, 06:39:32 PM »

Kb - Thank you for the reminder that your avatar is your Walter - how sweet, loving & precious.  Yes, I have also heard that our pets (dogs, cats) can feel an earthquake or disaster before it happens - so definitely we should all pay attention to our pets!

Phyl - Love your cute easter gif with basket this morning  :)  Clicked on your link for the Sun's atmosphere and lots of interesting info.! 

Lani - Hope Shannon got some good info & answers for her situation.  I understand she wanted to be alone for this appt.

Tsk - That is great that your car was checked & adjusted/fixed in a reasonable amount of time!

LisaG - I just have to commend you & Jeff for how much you have cared for Misty.  You both did everything right.  Good for you in speaking up for what you have done to care for her.  Bless you & Jeff for being 'transparent' and completely honest.  Big hugs for you both.

Had a nice afternoon with my mom, but she needed to take care of some business, so after looking up information for her on my Laptop and trying to call to get info regarding Medi-cal, I got the local office address and drove her over there.  We got the necessary renewal form and asked a few questions.  The girl was hidden behind a mirrored glass (couldn't hardly see what she looked like).  She was completely business - no personality (almost rude) - just strictly doing her job, but of course I thanked her warmly for her help.  She gave us the Form that my Mom needs to fill out to renew.

Night;  Puff, Tig, Lori, Baz, BL, Oldguy, T40, Clynn  :)

Everyone have a good night.

BrokenLug

« Reply #3053 on: March 24, 2023, 10:37:38 PM »

I've mentioned our dearly departed Spot Henry the Dumpster Kitty before.

From the night he was rescued from behind a seafood joint in somewhere FL circa no matter.
He was < 1 yr old & intact via Pip's Vet Tech assessment at the time.

On a chilly rainy night the poor bedraggled fella jumped up onto our F-150's bench seat, well I guess that's his Spot we both said at the same time.

The rest of his full name was dictated by his pickup ride back to His Home.

All the things needed to be done for his future well being were done then.     

He was the most cat we've ever been owned by.  :)
Bar None.
19 solid years swinging from the chandeliers this cat of extraordinary character did reside with us, and by reside with us he roamed with us.

I believe he has one more paw in one more state than I do.   :o

His overall spirit / demeanor / personalty are just legendary to those that have ever hiked or ever camped & purred with him.

His SHDK antics and shenanigans are just beyond my story telling abilities. 

Sometimes they just find you and sometimes you just find them    :-*
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 11:04:28 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #3054 on: March 25, 2023, 01:11:23 AM »

Lisa, Tsk, Eagles, Phyl, and All, Shannon's lesion is dead, and the neurosurgeon felt it's not necessary to remove. They will do an MRI next week and keep a watchful eye on it.  ;D
Thank you for your prayers and concern  :-*

{{{Hugs Tsk}}} glad your car's computer didn't take too long to update.

Lisa, Glad you and animal control came to an agreement. But, honestly, she was on the streets and they didn't do a thing to help. How strange.  ???  In the end, she will be yours. Bless you and Jeff.  :-*

Kb, thanks for sharing news from NEFL about Gabrielle. I stopped checking on it since Samson left, from The Hamlet family.

Eagles, Thank goodness you were able to help your mom no need for rudeness from the gal, Anymore, that seems to be the norm.

BL, awww Spot Henry the Dumpster Kitty.  :)

Oldguy, spent some time watch Ryan Hall Live tonight. Prayers for all in harm's way from the Mississippi tornado  :'(

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Lani's daughter Shannon, Tsk, Eagle's Kris, Lori and her grandma Clute, Puff, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Pink's mother, Karen, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Tim, Peep's friend's family, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Clynn's friend Kay, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim, Tim's son and grandson, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Prayers for SWFL Dad and eaglets, and Harriets return.
Sauces Family.🙏

Special Prayers For Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Eagle's Kris, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For SWFL Harriet and nest, NEFL Samson and Gabriella, Black Bear Ted, Lucy, Reggae, Taffy Apple, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Dunrovin Harriet, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, Eagles's Star, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  Juliet and Romeo, Lucy and Larry, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

BrokenLug

« Reply #3056 on: March 25, 2023, 02:46:24 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoSn2Y-b6wI

BL - That tune is very special for me. Thanks for putting me in the wayback machine for a few minutes. 8)

Here's what I'm listening to these days, even though I'm a little late to the party: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwgEELSShrU

Blessed is the telefunken u.

it really lets those that can resonate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H34BgCdH7aY 
« Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 03:02:46 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Puff

« Reply #3057 on: March 25, 2023, 05:53:26 AM »

BL Know that we understand and feel the pains and purrs that Spot left you.  Our base of the forum are all atuned to your thoughts and remembrances.  A stroke for you too this morning.

Lani  Good news on your Shannon.  We'll keep on thinking about her.

P
« Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 06:03:05 AM by Puff »

Phyl

« Reply #3058 on: March 25, 2023, 06:06:33 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...Happy Caturday !

Today 71F and mostly sunny. Tonight  45F and clear skies.

Had some tornado weather come thru our area last evening. It was vicious and rainy !   Even after midnight the skies were rolling, growling and crackling.

Lani this is most wonderful news! I'm so happy for Shannon and you, Mike and Aly.  Yes. Just leave the thing alone and watch.  ;) Still in our prayers.
Easy to agree Re: animal control and letting  loose  Misty  to wonder about the streets---it is quite strange.

Eagles Nice gif last night. Reminded me of night before, Thursday, we were late pulling in the peanuts--oh about 12Am and heard a pair of hoot owls. Been a long time  since hearing them.    So glad your mom got the needed papers to complete and get renewed on Medi-Cal . Always give her hugs. One day you'll miss that. I do.

BL Just went back in posts ... many thanks for the NOAA map of  Tenn.  We're gonna have to check the shingles. Otherwise, us and ailerons are good.  Yes. I do remember your recollections of your feline buddy,  Spot Henry the Dumpster Kitty.  RIP.     :-*
« Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 06:45:18 AM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #3059 on: March 25, 2023, 06:07:53 AM »

'No good ever comes from this look."