Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1009846 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #3075 on: March 25, 2023, 11:33:22 AM »

Happy Caturday Beakers!
Morning Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, Karen, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, and All

Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Clynn, Lisa and All, thank you for your comments for our Shannon. We're very relieved, no more sleepless nights for her.  :-*

Lisa, I believe there's more to this animal control story regarding Misty. There is no way she should have received the microchip without being spayed. I agree with Clynn, there is someone in that neighborhood that is responsible for her and didn't follow through on their obligations. Maybe another foster family? It's all about the $$$ for Animal Control. They see more $$$ for the kittens.

Baz, March Madness has outdone itself this year!!! What great ball games!! Mike thinks the " Portal Transferring system for young players" has been a great opportunity for 2nd tier players to move into starting positions at the smaller colleges! And it's creating an opportunity for smaller colleges to be more competitive.

Leaving for a meeting in Pine, on this cold morning. It was 25 when we left for our walk at 6:15. High today will be 49, but it'll feel like 41  ???

The devastation in Mississippi is heartbreaking, my prayers are with all.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

oldguy

« Reply #3076 on: March 25, 2023, 12:15:48 PM »

Happy Caturday Beakers

According to the local TV station, we got 4 inches of snow overnight - it started with light rain about midnight and was large snow flakes starting a little after 1am - had about 1 inch by 2am when I went to bed.  High today is expected to reach 50.  What snow I shoveled, was very wet - but the sun was warm and did not even need a sweater.  Everything will likely be melted by sundown.

We brought a new little guy home, but cat Tommy thinks we should return him   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8NEoR4hPBk

😺 Beloved little thieves! 🐈 Videos of funny cats and kittens for a good mood! 😻   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1UrwQZUCoE

Cat's Brushing in the sun   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAeuNQ9cuow

Straight No Chaser Chicago 12/17/16: All About That Bass   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbYABxnOey4

Quarantine Kids play "Life During Wartime"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6An4HwVbuIs
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

LisaG1967

« Reply #3077 on: March 25, 2023, 12:48:19 PM »

Lani and clynn - I agree with you both.  I do believe they want the kittens for the adoption $$$.  I won't have to pay to adopt Misty when all of this is done and over with, and they also said they would spay her, as that comes along with the foster to adopt program.  I was kinda surprised that she had a microchip and was not spayed, cause I thought that is what they did before you adopted. 

tsk - I did not realize cats could breed that young either.  The vet said, as young as 4 months old!  Hope brother in Milwaukee is staying warm!

kb - That is a great view of Minnehaha Falls. 

((Puff & tig)) - Hope you feel better soon!

clynn - Love the Trouble tree story! Yep, privacy issues, but I think it is for the people who adopt the animals and probably to protect them in case they screw up, is what I am thinking.  ???  I thank you, and everyone else in here for the info you all are giving me.  I appreciate it all.  :-*

Lani - Have a great time in Pine.

oldguy;D ;D We brought a new little guy home  Thanks for the video.

Be back later....making some homemade meatballs with sauce, Au gratin potatoes, and asparagus for dinner.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 04:22:04 PM by LisaG1967 »

Puff

« Reply #3079 on: March 25, 2023, 03:23:50 PM »

tsk  nothing is going to work against germs if you don't even use a tissue or napkin.   And he was in the middle seat. Psgr at the window side also had a covid mask.  Take a clue dummy!

Walked the aisle looking for an empty seat.  Plane was FULL.

BTW - no rain, no snow here.  How about you?

P

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3080 on: March 25, 2023, 03:49:03 PM »

LANI   LOLOL  " when you and your cat are fighting"   Couldn't agree more about the devastation in Mississippi.  Prayers for them.  Have a good meeting.

OLDGUY   Straight No Chaser  ;D  Lots of good ones in the cat piece - Metronome and the cat's head in rhythm  LOL

T40  Cat with the tail on fire  :o :o  Some dogs showing the cat who's boss  LOL   Chica - WOW  Who'd have guessed.  ;D

PUFF  NO snow here  - sun just came out
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #3081 on: March 25, 2023, 04:28:43 PM »

Have a good night, everyone!

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #3082 on: March 25, 2023, 05:24:16 PM »

Prayers for Mississippi.

Lisa  Since we have a prayer alter in the house,
 I've lit candles to St. Francis ( all animals) and  St. Catherine,( of cats) for Misty and family.  :-*

Tsk hoping your bro in Milwaukee  will have warmer weather soon.  LOL Froggy cat.

Lani     LOL when you &  your cat are fighting.  Hope it's a good meeting.

Tig Hope you get better soon. Glad you felt up to your birthday celebration.

Kb  8) dog dancing video; great view of Minnehaha Falls

Clynn great Aurora; 'trouble tree' story   ;)

oldguy tks for videos,  That's a given w/ cats  very movement oriented ---Metronome and the cat's head in rhythm , cute

T40  LOL "...did the math...can't afford the cat" ;  Cat/onion  video,Ive read  actually very bad for  and burn  their eyes  https://www.bing.com/search?q=are+onion+fumes+bad+for+cats&qs=UT&pq=are+onion+fum&sc=1-13&cvid=FFAD47C3AE514740B51FF59B093623E1&FORM=CHRDEF&sp=1&lq=0 ;
 luved the Lynx family; pastry art  8)

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #3083 on: March 25, 2023, 07:41:15 PM »

Happy Caturday Night...SEDs Everyone !

Sauces bald eagle cam

Lani

« Reply #3084 on: March 26, 2023, 12:29:07 AM »

Another great view of Minnehaha Falls by Felipe Castro:

I like his caption too: "It's alive".

Kb, beautiful  :)
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #3085 on: March 26, 2023, 12:57:23 AM »

Phyl, Audi and egglet looks good.. thanks for Caturday shames.

Clynn, I wonder if the juvie on NEFL nest is one of Romeo and Juliet's  :) .. love the osprey, it's making its migration home... perfect window bird feeder, my cats would go nuts... Tonto Creek is in Payson. Tragic story, a very beloved couple and they are searching for their dog. That creek is suppose to be closed during rains, with barrier and patrol. Just over a year ago, three children drowned as father went through the creek during a flood. The whole series of events that happened following that was heartbreaking for all. That creek needs a bridge now!! I can't believe that creek has taken two more lives.  :'(  ... I understand your frustration with the Animal Control situation for Lisa and Jeff. Something is not right there. Misty is warm, safe and being loved, and Bandit is about to have an life changing experience for a short while.  ;D. ... stunning aurora borealis... Love the story of the Trouble Tree. The home reminds me of The Waltons. Love that show.

{{{Tig}}} feel better soon.

Tsk, I had a meeting in Pine. Convention registration started last week, lots to do.

Kb, cool dog and partner act, very sweet pup.

Oldguy, thanks for the links.

{{{Puff}}} feel better soon

T40, thanks for videos

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Lani's daughter Shannon, Tsk, Eagle's Kris, Lori and her grandma Clute, Puff, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Pink's mother, Karen, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Tim, Peep's friend's family, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Clynn's friend Kay, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim, Tim's son and grandson, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Prayers for SWFL Dad and eaglets, and Harriets return.
Sauces Family.🙏

Prayers for the loss of life, homes, those injured in Mississippi.

Special Prayers For Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Eagle's Kris, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For SWFL Harriet and nest, NEFL Samson and Gabriella, Black Bear Ted, Lucy, Reggae, Taffy Apple, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Dunrovin Harriet, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, Eagles's Star, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  Juliet and Romeo, Lucy and Larry, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.

Phyl

« Reply #3086 on: March 26, 2023, 06:27:20 AM »

Sunny and 77F today. With this evening  49F clear skies.

Lani all the best with the conference in Pine

Tig/Lori/Puff how are you gals doing this AM? Sure hope you ladies get well soon. Hugs

Lisa   How’s Misty doing lately?
I ’ve been wondering ,if Animal Control shelter gave you copies of the "Foster to Adopt' forms  you signed?
I ask because you mentioned that the forms  had Misty’s chip #. I’ve done a bit of searching and
believe there’s a way you can get the chip info with out a scanner  or animal control.  If you’re curious.
  Taking her back there for spaying---If it were me in your situation I’d visit her every day she’s there  ---this would tell them  that you care deeply  having concern for her and that you want her /will keep her safe.  I’ve personally found that visiting my cat s while confined to the surgery helps them to feel less depressed or abandoned.
 Misty needs to know that you are still there for her---she needs to ‘see’ you, smell you and feel your touch.
I’ve never had a vet or BluePearl , say I couldn’t see Mike after his Pneumonectomy  or Maggie after her spaying.  I would have been  very suspicious if they hadn’t.
I think her stay  there  can be from 24hrs to 7 days to observe for complication. Being able to urinate is one  important aspect of her recovery.
BTW New pet owners, if they have the chip# can change the info on the chip  to read their contact info and include a photo.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 06:49:22 AM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #3087 on: March 26, 2023, 07:13:32 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, I like to think the juvie at NEFL is Romeo & Juliet's, so do a lot on their FB page! I also thought the eagle that protected Mom Decorah when Dad disappeared was one of their offspring, and that HD may also be one of theirs... It sounds like Tonto Creek is dangerous when flooded, I googled it and there was this picture of the flooding......

https://www.paysonroundup.com/government/gila_county/delays-plague-tonto-creek-bridge-project/article_a057daea-3c14-55fb-9d32-4fbd0fe412a6.html

Phyl, very pretty springy Good Morning pic!

T40, great Tweets! The first one was my favorite! LOLOL!!

kb, Minnehaha Falls, it looks like water froze in mid-air! Does it flood when it melts?

oldguy, loved that Beloved Little Thieves video, lots of funnies!

Friends of Minnesota Nongame Eagle Cam - Pat Burke  · Saturday, 25 March 2023, 7:56:59  One of the most beautiful things I think I have ever seen from an eagle momma. Nancy was moving the egg gently and she bends down to the pip and gives a little nibble action to the pipping eaglet. I only wish we had been in close up. I must have watched it 10 times. (in slow motion). Just precious. I wonder if its little beak was right there at the hole. ♥ Kisses from momma

Wildwoods - Worst nest award goes to...  Yep they are minimalists 😆 

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

LisaG1967

« Reply #3088 on: March 26, 2023, 07:24:27 AM »

Good Morning Beakers.......Happy Sunday!

Phyl - The foster to adopt contract that I had to sign with them, does have her microchip number on the paper.  Jeff and I were talking about this last night.  When the time comes for her to get spayed, we know AC will do it for free, cause of the foster to adopt, but we want to ask if our own vet can do it, and show them proof.  I don't mind paying for it.  I trust my vet to take care of her.

Lani - We agree with you and clynn, something is just not right about the whole AC situation, and them wanting her back.  Jeff and I did a lil peeking on their page, and we found a kitty who looks EXACTLY like her back in Dec. 9, 2022, that they said, they were looking to foster out.  Awfully odd, that the first time we see her on our trail cam is Jan 15, 2023.

clynn - Awww, the pic and write-up about Nancy and her pip!

My next question for any Beakers who has cats....How do I know when she is getting close to having these babies?  Is there any signs I need to look for?

Puff

« Reply #3089 on: March 26, 2023, 07:47:49 AM »

She will possibly look for an out-of-the-way private place to settle, maybe a closet or behind a door.  Another week to go Lisa ?

P