Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1009608 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #3090 on: March 26, 2023, 07:48:21 AM »

GOOD SUNDAY MORNING EVERYONE

34 heading to 42  Mostly cloudy.

LANI  Now you will be busier than ever for that May convention  :o  Very sad story re Tonto Creek

LORI   How did it go at the doctors??

CLYNN   Wasn't able to read the article but the photo said it all.  :(   Sweet comment from Pat Burke re  Mn Non game.   LOLOL  worst nest award

LISA    What a coincidence about seeing Misty shortly after the need to foster out.  I've never had the experience but would certainly be "you tubing" for that information or Google-ing it.  Or maybe the vet/vet tech could be helpful?
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #3091 on: March 26, 2023, 08:01:25 AM »

tsk - Just did some Googling after you mentioned that, and did find a pretty good site with lots of info. 

Puff - We are thinking so, per what the vet said.  We have a closet set up in Bradley's room, but guess who has been in there...Bandit!  ;D  I told him, you're not the Mommy-to-be!  She keeps going behind our loveseat. 

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #3092 on: March 26, 2023, 08:31:52 AM »

Morning everyone!

Yesterday was quite a busy day, so I now need to do some catching up in the Beak!  :)

kbshcb

« Reply #3093 on: March 26, 2023, 08:35:57 AM »

this is Flaco, the Eurasian Eagle-owl that escaped a New York zoo....he's captured here in Central Park.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1637095756686401540
and this is Flaco, hooting it up.

Morning all...preparing for an approximate 10 plus degrees below normal all week ahead...with some snow in the forecast.....we shall see....
By the first of April we should be averaging 50 above for daytime highs....

Clynn - It doesn't flood at the falls but rather rages with this much snow/ice pack....
Above it is what's called the Minnehaha Creek Watershed District...which is miles and miles of creek which does flood..the last time significantly was 2014...through residential neighborhoods.
Below the falls it flows into the Mississippi.
Because of our 2 year significant drought the predictions this year so far aren't predicting significant flooding. In part, this slow melt is helping...
The Mississippi and Minnesota Rivers do flood and they are on alert this year but not sure where we will end up after all this snow melts.

I saw the pip pics posted last night at the DNR nest.....will need to check up on it and see how it's doing today.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #3094 on: March 26, 2023, 10:29:42 AM »

Clynn nice morning greetings for today. Thanks Minnesota Nongame Eagle cam update from Pat Burke . Sweet story about Nancy. LOL worst nest award.

Puff  I believe you're correct. I found this---I needed a refresher course.   https://cats.com/cat-pregnancy

Lisa so funny Bandit thinks 'the nursery' is for him.  If she favors behind your loveseat that could be her spot.
 I think you might be misunderstanding  my  earlier post---do you have a copy of the for foster to adopt forms you signed?,  If so you can  copy the chip # on to the website Pet Chip Registry, US. https://www.petchipregistry-us.info/pet_chip_registry it's the authorized pet chip registry for the US. From here you can find out for yourselves the info that's on her chip and as I said earlier as the new owner, you can also change the info on her chip registry to indicate you and Jeff as owners and etc. 
I wasn't advocating taking her back to AC if you're uncomfortable with them.  I was under the impression that you were obligated to take her to AC under 'Foster to Adopt' contract.  If this isn't the case---then yea---I'd go your own vet---why not?  We all trust our vets to take care of our beloved pets.
I was only saying that it would be comforting to Misty for you to visit her while recovering  from spaying surgery while at your vet's.

Hi Eagles

Lani I just did some reading on  Tonto Creek--- :'(

Kb awesome photo of  Flaco, the Eurasian Eagle-owl, he   was on FNC a short while back.  Glad you're going to have some warm temps finally.  Looking forward to your DNR update.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 10:57:30 AM by Phyl »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

LisaG1967

« Reply #3095 on: March 26, 2023, 10:38:04 AM »

Morning E4E  :)

Phyl - Yep, I do have a signed copy of the foster/adopt papers with the chip# on it.  When I use the link you provided, it says unregistered animal.  I wonder if the vets office has some other way of knowing that particular chip# came from the AC. 

kb - Flaco is beautiful!

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #3096 on: March 26, 2023, 10:48:59 AM »

some bounce
Hi all - thanx for checking in... the Musinex is helping and I got some sleep last night/this morning. Probably heading to a local steak house for their bday special tonight.
Yesterday was special. I bought us ($$$) tickets for the MN Wild game for my bday. I've been wanting to attend for 30 years but even the "nose bleed" seats are expensive. The good news is it was a beautiful day and our team won. Not so good news was there was another event next door so even though we got there plenty early the parking ramps were full. Camper had to park several blocks away after he dropped me off. His tooties are not used to walking lately so he was uncomfortable. Our actual seats were narrow and not much leg room. Grr.

Lani - good news, but, does this mean Shannon will still get the headaches and other symptoms? Hugs
Lisa - no way would I go near the AC again. Do they have legal rights to the cat? Hmmm. Pay them for the chip and then say goodbye?

(Puff) (Lori)
(All)
OG, T40 - tnx for the videos
Oh...and since Gonzaga fell apart last night, I guess I'll be rooting for the Owls!

TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Phyl

« Reply #3097 on: March 26, 2023, 11:11:28 AM »

Gosh Lisa I bet the vet does. I suppose  it's a  special scanner.  Shucks I thought I had something for you.
Hope you can work things out with your vet.   Getting so close for Misty's delivery--- :-* :-*  I'm excited for you.

Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3098 on: March 26, 2023, 11:18:47 AM »

LISA   LOL  This is so exciting  ;D ;D  Bandit  ::) ::)

KB  At least they have a sighting on the owl. 

TIG   Had to Google Mn Wild  and see they are a hockey team and beat the Chicago Blackhawks  LOLOL
Chicagoland

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #3099 on: March 26, 2023, 11:26:11 AM »

Happy Sunday Beakers!
Morning Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, Karen, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, and All
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LisaG1967

« Reply #3100 on: March 26, 2023, 01:18:31 PM »

Lani - I literally laughed out loud at your pic.  I do not see Bandit allowing NO kitten on his head.  ;D ::)

tsk - Bandit is something else! 

Phyl - I was wondering if it was some special kind of scanner. 

tig - I hear ya! 

kbshcb

« Reply #3101 on: March 26, 2023, 01:51:42 PM »

DNR update at 11:40 am today: a little progress and lots of chirping per screen shot/video.
Can take 24-48 hrs as we all know.

It's 45 degrees out with sun and clouds, so I did what many Minnesotans do:

After chopping snow/ice another hour in front of where I keep my lawn furniture I gave up once again and pulled an inside heavy chair out to the lower deck and sat in the sun. Listening to Allison Krauss and Emylou Harris...while Ollie man protected me from squirrels down below, rabbits under the deck, and now house sparrows in my snowball viburnum....Eventually, he sat on my feet.
Such a loyal protective dog......reminded me of when while I attended to Scott in his hospital bed at home Ollie sat on my feet up to 45 minutes at a time, 6 times a day...
Love my Ollie man.
We also got a cold walk in earlier this am.

At this rate it might take 6 weeks or more to lower the piles...they drop maybe inches a day, or a foot a week :)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 03:46:36 PM by kbshcb »

Phyl

« Reply #3102 on: March 26, 2023, 01:53:35 PM »

Hi Tig Glad to hear f rom you. Wow! sounds like a special night. Too bad y'all had to walk a distance  to the game---yea they won. I too had to Google Mt. Wild

Lisa/Tig  legal rights of 'Animal Control'. Alley Cat Allies is the go to organization for feral /abandon cats.  This is what's posted on their site.
https://www.alleycat.org/resources/know-your-rights-how-to-talk-to-animal-control/

Here's the link to my general search "  Does Animal Control have legal rights to the animals they cature or take in":https://www.bing.com/search?q=does+animal+control+have+legal+rights+they+capture+or+take+in&form=CHRDEF&sp=-1&lq=0&pq=does+animal+control+have+legal+rights+they+capture+or+take+in&sc=0-61&qs=n&sk=&cvid=7B116377A63A42ACB4503F627F52D946&ghsh=0&ghacc=0&ghpl=
Thanks Tig a very good point and I was wondering the same myself I'm going to read this later today!

Lani ROTFL  dog with kitten on it's head Thanks for the LOLs
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 01:59:10 PM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3103 on: March 26, 2023, 03:29:01 PM »

LANI   That pup is just the right size for a litter of kittens  ;D

KB  Catching some rays with your best friend.  Good part of Sunday   :)
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #3104 on: March 26, 2023, 03:41:00 PM »

Yes TSK... is why I selected that game to attend... near my bday and I figured we could beat them! Lol. Sorry to say Chicago is at the bottom of the division this year. They made a game of it though.
So tired of trying to cough this junk off my chest.
Phyl ... I didn't have to walk. Camper always drops me at the door. I actually did need to walk a block after the game because the road was blocked off for traffic control. Cell phone communication helped us connect.
BBL
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 03:58:02 PM by camperstig »
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)