Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1017322 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2023, 09:14:56 AM »

Phyl - Great pics from the RRP cams. ((Maggie))  Cool Jello puzzle.

tsk - Not too bad temps, even with the rain. 

clynn - That is a beautiful library!  Is it open for the public?  If you try the ribs and kraut recipe, hope you like it. 

kb - Hope you will be spared!

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2023, 09:28:41 AM »

Good morning everyone!

Lani - Wow-some snow for you yesterday!  We are expecting about .25 inch of rain today, but so far nothing.

Weasel - Love the pic of you & Puff - you are a great 'host'.  So nice that you drove Puff to lots of fun & interesting places - very awesome!!!! ;D

Puff - So happy you are having a fun weekend and I am looking forward to the parade that starts in less than an hour! ;D

Kb - Love the cat vid and the fact that Ollie does the same thing Lol!! ;D

Tsk - Good to know T&B arrived at their destination safe & sound and are probably already settled in! :)

Phyl - Awe, you are the best mama for Maggie  :-* :)

LisaG - I'm sure you will be tuning into tv for the parade - hope we see Puff wave at us!

Morning Clynn, Tig, Lori, Oldguy, Pink, T40, Baz, BL, Paulie, Ssrl, Lilbro  :)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2023, 11:01:23 AM »

Sent to me from a friend in Prescott, beautiful Elk roaming the hills (pronounced Pres-kitt)

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Lilbro, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, BL, Lori, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, Karen, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, ssrl, Maxie, and All![/b]

Clynn, beautiful Iowa Law Library, love the aroma of books.  ;D

Lisa, we got about 4 inches of snow, and it seems to be slowing down. Very slushy underneath the top layer.

Tsk, thanks for awesome update from Ft. St. Vrain.

Phyl, thanks for shames... I can see Decorah pair in both pics... and there's The Norths ... Fun Jello puzzle.... Hugs and prayers for Maggie  :-*

Kb, beautiful spider web sculpture... it's a cat's world  ;D

Weasel, Puff! What a lovely photo of you and Puff! It's wonderful to see the two of you together and having a great time! You're awesome host! Talons crossed for great weather for the parade! Love to you both  :-*

The tile and grout repairman is suppose to arrive today to check out Aly's shower.
Anxious to hear the cost of repair.  ???
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #63 on: January 02, 2023, 12:14:10 PM »

Waving to All the Beakers!  :D

E4E and Lisa, Zippo thanks you for the birdthday wishes!  :D

Lisa, those were pork ribs? Sounds yum.

Tsk, LOL, Zippo wants to extend her birdthday into today - she is waiting on more of her birdthday treats! LOL. Yay for your puzzle!

Phyl, mmm, I love Reuben sandwiches!  Do you prefer them made with corned beef, or with pastrami?  I used to always ask for my Reuben to be pastrami, but went with corned beef the last couple of times I had one. They're yummy either way! Maggie says, "Thanks for the lift, Mom!"  :)  :-*  I used to lift my senior poodle up and down from her favorite wing-back chair after arthritis made her too stiff and sore to get up and down from it on her own. She was a Standard Poodle, so she was an armful. LOL.  :-*

Lani, I bet the snow is pretty in the woods and around your home. Oh, wowow! on that gorgeous Elk roaming the snowy hills around Prescott!! What a fabulous photo! It would make a great greeting card or calendar photo!

Clynn, that's a beautiful snowy woods scene. I can hear the snow-muffled quiet, with only the light sound of that babbling brook.  The Iowa Law Library is stunning!!

Weasel and Puff, what a great picture of you two!! Thanks for sharing!  :D  Weasel, I think Puff can name you an official Tour Guide now, too. With her background in travel, she knows a good one when she sees one!  ;)

Puff, I looked for you in the stands at the Rose Parade, but the shots of the stands I saw were too distant to make out details. I know you were waving though!  ;)  Sooo glad you got a bright day - no rain - for the parade! Which is "Never on a Sunday." That is such a great parade... I just love seeing all the dressed up horses and riders... so fancy!

Weasel, the driving tour you and Puff took put me in reminisce mode! It's been a little more than 30 years since I've driven those same roads... wish you all had better visibility yesterday - especially for the views from Laurel Canyon, and Griffith Observatory... and the Hollywood sign, of course. What a nice get-together and outing!

Enjoy your day, Beakers, and stay safe and warm.  :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #64 on: January 02, 2023, 12:33:29 PM »

CLYNN  The reindeer was the second one done and the first 1,000 piece.  Now I started a 550 piece ( kitties)for a break before I do another 1,000  LOL   WOW  would I love to work in that library.  Awesome.

PHYL   Cool puzzle but don't think it would be too hard????  Of course I say that just by looking at it which can be a big mistake  LOL  Hope the increased dosage helps. :-*

KB   LOLOL  That cat was so funny and so true!!!

LANI   Prescott = Preskitt - Never new that!!!  Elk is majestic  :o   In my head I always guess what the cost will be.  Sometimes Tim and I see who can come closest.  I tend to think more $$ than it comes out to be. ;) ;)

BAZI   Funny morning Bugs rarin' to go.
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #65 on: January 02, 2023, 12:36:09 PM »

Boy, it's a jungle out there in the suburban city streets...

I just returned from a walk with Ollie.

in my 70 years have never encountered this before: In the first few blocks on a hill noticed a squirrel in the middle of the road...As we got closer it didn't run away but rather, hopped closer to us, once again almost to a few feet in front of me and Ollie...I actually kicked my leg out....and, nothing...he was actually stalking us..
So, huffed to the other side of the road and scurried down the hill.....as I could I looked back and there it sat still in the middle of the road....eventually about 2 blocks away it scampered into a yard.

I think it must have been sick...oh and I googled do squirrels get rabies, and contrary to some yes they can..
Oh, and Ollie is vaccinated against rabies, but I'm Not!..

The road down the hill was so slippery from melting ice as well, the hill on the way home was dry.

I think this will be our last walk for awhile....still predicting about 10 plus inches in the days to come.

I looked but didn't see Puff...anyone else?

oh and tsk - i got an e mail this am from the woman who requested the bike for someone else...she said he said your words...."he was in heaven" and my words "the bike rides like a dream"..
Must have been meant to be.
A neighbor oiled it and filled the tires and away he went to work...he bikes to work...a good bike for this too:
An older Specialized Mountain bike.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 12:41:17 PM by kbshcb »

oldguy

« Reply #66 on: January 02, 2023, 01:00:08 PM »

Hello Beakers - New Years Holiday part 2

4 big Bowl games today to veg out watching for many today or just to visit family or read a book...
It looks like the Rose Bowl game will get done before the rain moves into the area today.. but temps in the 50s

Here is a playlist of the Miley Cyrus and Dolly Parton New Years show...
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRUSbbQynOdH-h313kBF2bdG91seMvvVj

Cats got a new year's gift 2   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4M69lsGDhw

For anyone that wants to see the Rose Parade...
The 2023 Rose Parade presented by Honda   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW8cCMM_2FM
« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 02:09:32 PM by oldguy »
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

LisaG1967

« Reply #67 on: January 02, 2023, 02:39:15 PM »

E4E - I bet Puff was waving to us in spirit.  :D

Lani - Beautiful elk!  Wow, you did get quite a bit of snow.  Fingers crossed the repair cost won't be too bad.

baz - Those were pork country-styled ribs. 

tsk - Can't wait to see the kitty puzzle all finished. 

kb - Oh my, 10 inches! 

oldguy - Thanks for the playlist of the Miley Cyrus and Dolly Parton New Years show, for those of us who can't stay up till midnight.   ::) ;D

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #68 on: January 02, 2023, 03:28:31 PM »

Kb 'It's a cat's world..." so funny. Thanks.  Take care out there in the snow and ice.  Such nice results on Scott's bike.  ;)

Eagles I thought I might see Puff, too.  But, I was watching the TV in the kitchen as I worked. So---

Lani lovely elk; 4" is a goodly bit of snow, glad the fall is slowing; good luck with the grout repair

Baz I've never had a Ruben w/ pastrami---always been a Ruben  with corned beef, swiss cheese, sauerkraut and Thousand Island dressing, buttered and grilled in skillet till crispy. The other just been Pastrami on Rye.  If I recall you're a petite gal and lifting a Standard Poodle is no small feat. The definition of 'love'.

Tsk with your puzzle skills I thought the Jell-O would be a 'piece of cake'.  Yes. You must post the 'kitty puzzle' when completed.
 The Cosequin sprinkles work pretty fast---as you may know--- so Mags is doing some better. Plus I now make it a big deal when she hops in and out of the furniture. Me jumping up and down and cheering. And, all the kissess between the eyes. Still I been looking at the bed steps---something pretty to compliment my Jenny Lind  four poster  cherry  bedroom.  Jim wants more 'cake cookies'. LOL

Oldguy thanks for Dolly and Miley's show link---I'd stay up late to watch her any might. Good news for the Rose Bowl; Those crazy Minions. Maru and gang seem to really enjoy their NY's toys

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #69 on: January 02, 2023, 03:38:15 PM »

Lisa... every now and then 'the fates' favor me with a surprize. LOL

Look what I ca ught on the cam...

Decorah North Eagles
Jan 2, 2023 2:57 PM
Camera Time: Jan 2, 2023 2:56 PM CST

Wild turkeys...

A hen (wild) turkey!

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #70 on: January 02, 2023, 03:41:14 PM »

Decorah North Eagles
Jan 2, 2023 2:56 PM
Camera Time: Jan 2, 2023 2:55 PM CST

Up close.

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #71 on: January 02, 2023, 03:43:35 PM »

Mississippi River Flyway Cam
Jan 2, 2023 3:42 PM
Camera Time: Jan 2, 2023 3:42 PM CST

Sauces bald eagle cam

oldguy

« Reply #72 on: January 02, 2023, 03:44:22 PM »

Ryan has started his live cast 20 min. early as the tornadoes are starting in LA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTsAUJtTjBE
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #73 on: January 02, 2023, 05:16:46 PM »

KB   Thanks for the feedback on the bike - A wonderful gift from a stranger.  ;)

OLDGUY   Guess the cats needed a bit of encouragement for new years gifts  ;)

PHYL   Even tho Maggie is doing better the steps to bed may just keep her feeling better and not cause additional stress.  Right place at the right time for the turkeys..  They are everywhere these days.
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #74 on: January 02, 2023, 06:03:49 PM »

tig - you ready?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 854   Go Up