Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 446741 times)

oldguy

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2023, 01:53:15 PM »

Happy bird day to Zippo
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2023, 02:03:02 PM »

Aww KB.. a good sign from Scott  :) NO Parade will be tomorrow..
LANI,  poor Dewey.., thanks for the prayers for Meg and Kenz..
LISA.. sounds delish!

Pink, glad you had a safe and fun NYE celebration with friends.
KB, I saw that forecast for your area. Fingers crossed you don't get that freezing rain/ice!

KB and Pink, yes, the Rose Bowl Parade is tomorrow morning. ABC and NBC are both airing it then.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

oldguy

« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2023, 02:08:17 PM »

We had a good New Years Eve last night...
MIL made Vegetable Beef Soup and I brought my Chili w/toppings - friends brought Spinach Artichoke Dip with bread - chilled jumbo shrimp - also many deserts - Apple, Pumpkin, and Cherry pie - Peanut Butter-rice crispy bars - Hawaiian rolls - assorted cookies/candy - and Non-alcohol sparkling juice.  We all ate too much.  Got in 2 games of cards - lost the first and won the second.

Every thing was cleaned up and all left by 9:30   :o - when the host is 85 you just don't make it to midnight ::)

New update from Ryan
This Huge Storm Is Bringing Ice, Snow, and Tornadoes…   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAr98tA63f8
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

baziunc

« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2023, 02:10:48 PM »

Happy bird day to Zippo

Oldguy, LOL, many thanks from Zippo for her Bird Day wishes.  :),  And yes!! she agrees with you that she is a VERY GOOD BIRD!! CHIRRRP!!  ;D :-* :-*
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2023, 02:20:46 PM »

HAPPY DAY AND HAPPY NEW YEAR, BEAKERS!  :D

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2023, 04:18:29 PM »

TIG   Watching the Vikings/Packers - more exciting than the Bears earlier  LOL

LISA   Pretty AM pic  :)   I think that recipe is pretty much no fail!!!  Which type of rib did you use?  I would make it.

HI PAULIE  ;D  Happy New Year to you as well.

PINK   Kenzie - tonsil surg? and now strep - A lot on her plate  :-* :-*   Glad you got out last night with friends and had a good time.

LANI   You pack a lot in to each day!  :)   I suspect those "foreign" smells will linger for a while in dogs noses   ;) ;)   I agree with your reflective comment.  Not only have we learned A LOT in the wild life kingdom but also a lot has happened in our lives and it is nice to have the support of friends.  :-*

SSRL   Nice shot from MNDNR   I enjoy Thomas Demma

KB   Who ever gets Scott's bike will be in heaven.  Perfect that you kept it for an occasion - you didn't know at the time  - would arrive.  :-*

BAZI   Zippo says thank you Mom for my wonderful b-day  ;)

T40  I think it is another eagle  LOLOL

OLDGUY   What a great potluck  I would have been stuffed too.  ::)  and also home by 9:30  LOL

Forgot to post this last Friday..1,000 pieces  3 weeks
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2023, 04:55:15 PM »

paulie, ssrl, baz -

Lani - Reading your post, and laughing!  I can just see the drama with the dogs going on.  ;D  I am glad that everything is all back to normal today. 

Pink - Good to see you....  Good luck to Kenz with her tonsil surgery. 

T40 - You have a great imagination...kid in a fat snowsuit!  ;D ;D

baz - Happy Bird Day to Zippo!!!

oldguy - Your NYE spread sounded delish!

tsk - LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the puzzle!

kb & tsk - The ribs and sauerkraut was delicious.  Now, you all know I am a recipe follower, so followed it exactly.  I used 4 - bone-in country-style ribs, and Granny Smith Apples for tart apples in the sauerkraut.  I baked it for 2 hours uncovered, and the ribs were so tender you could cut them with your fork.  I am not a sauerkraut fan, but I have to say, it was very good, and Jeff ate two helpings.

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2023, 05:25:23 PM »

Tsk - Glad you all got to enjoy a wonderful meal of crockpot ribs & yummy sides - I bet Barb & Tom were looking forward to heading to the airport today for FL! ;D

Kb - Loved watching the 1st of the BEs that were being released - great vid - thank you!   I like what Scott used to say - thanks for that! Lol  ;D

Lani - Thank goodness, you all have a plan in motion for when everyone is over there with their pets!!  I'm sure Sadie & Dewey had a nice nap when Kona left for home  ;)   Nice that you and your girls all get together and have a wonderful visit. ;D    Love the beautiful pic of our Mom Decorah from 2012 - I always appreciate seeing her. :-*   Love your special night post last night - hugs!!
We had a lot of rain yesterday - over an inch!  Today is a dry day.

Oldguy - Hope you won at cards last night - cute happy new year gif!

Lori - Like your morning post - sweet! Happy New Year to you & Destini  ;D

T40 - Loved the 6 BEs on porch - thanks for link too!

Phyl - What a perfect way to enjoy New Years eve with neighbors and yummy appetizers/food!  Like the RRP link/blog  :)

Clynn - Like your morning post!  ;D

Tig - Enjoy the game - hope your team wins!

LisaG - I'm sure your baked ribs are going to be tasty & delicious!!

Hi Baz  :)

Hi Paulie  :)

Pink - Enjoy your day with family today - wish you had tomorrow off!

Ssrl - Thanks for posting the pic!  Happy New Year to you  :)

Kb - That is so nice of you to turn Scott's bike over to someone who will really appreciate it - Hugs  :-* :)

Tig & Kb - SKOL!!

Tsk - Thanks for posting pic of your finished puzzle - very cute!

Puff - Hope you are enjoying, and that the weather cooperates for the parade tomorrow  ;D

Happy Hatch Day to Zippo!! ;D

Hubby & I went to dinner across town last night at a wonderful Italian restaurant, then my BIL came over to 'party'.  We had a great time!  I went to bed at 1 a.m. and hubby came to bed @ 3 a.m., but I was sound asleep!  I made us bacon, eggs & pancakes mid morning! 
Hope all are having a nice relaxing day  :)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2023, 05:51:27 PM »

LISA   A keeper recipe for fall and winter days.

EAGLES  B&T are safe and sound at their condo - Arrived about an hour ago.  You sure had a good new years weekend.  Hope I don't forget the parade tomorrow.  Got to wave to PUFF
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2023, 05:56:10 PM »

Sue Bruhling - Wow! Wow! Wow! What a Fabulous Picture of Mr. North & His Lady, DNF ❤ One of my all-time Favorites... ❤
Decorah North Eagles - January 1, 2023   Thank You! Carol Fowler Marshburn for sharing with us! ❤
So I will still be keeping my eye on you!”  All will be fine as they make a great team. Now the long countdown to egg laying. Eggs are normally laid here starting mid
February through the 3rd week.

Another one of those pictures that Tug On Our Heartstrings ❤ - Hatchery Dude & Hatchery Miss perched on The Y Branch on N1 ❤ What a Great Way and Picture to start the New Year off!!!
Decorah Trout Hatchery Eagles - December 31, 2022 - Thank You! Debbie Botelho for sharing with us! ❤

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2023, 08:10:04 PM »

tsk - he looked like he was in heaven....nice thought, thanks.

Lisa - I need to save that recipe...glad you both loved it..a win

Eagles4 - sure does sound like you are enjoying your retirement... ;)

well, I was happy to hear the announcer during the Vikes game say something like this:
The Vikings play very well...and in this game they are doing everything the opposite of what they usually do.

Perhaps the understatement of the season....I actually gave up at half time, other than peaking back in a bit..

Hoping to get a walk with Ollie in before the snow starts tomorrow...

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2023, 11:30:10 PM »

Our rain turned into snow this afternoon.
Take care and sleep well.  :-*

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Clynn, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Pink, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee,Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Eagle's Mother and Kris, Lori and her grandma Clute, Puff, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Pink's mother, Karen, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Tim, Peep's friend's family, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Clynn's friend Kay, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim, Tim's son and grandson, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Eagle's Kris, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For NEFL Samson and Gabriella, Black Bear Ted, Lucy, Reggae, Taffy Apple, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Dunrovin Harriet, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, Eagles's Star, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  Juliet and Romeo, Lucy and Larry, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 11:36:00 PM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2023, 11:49:54 PM »

I'm running behind...

Tsk Not qu ite cooking all day. your  t emps are improving; puzzle  looks great

Hi Tig how'd the game turn out?

Lisa nice new year greeting; I made Ruben sandwiches and Southern Style Black-eyed peas on the side w/ green salad

Hi Paulie nice to see you hear

Pink so happy to hear from you--- wishing Kenz all the best w/tonsil surgery; Meg sending prayers for both

Lani cute New Year dogs this AM; got a lot accomplished today

ssrl tks for peek at Decorah calendar, always enjoy Thomas Demma photos

Kb  billy goat beard a different color, looks stained; nice to be able to donate items to a worthy cause---I know some things are difficult to part with. I have a theory about Mr. Tower---ditto 'good sign from Scott' ; hope there's no more snow for you

Hi Baz I thought a 7th bald eagle in the background too; alot of nice greetings for Zippo

Oldguy wide variaty of food last night; after last weekend Ryan can keep his prediction above the Mason-Dixon Line LOL

Hi Eagles

Clynn tks for  Sue and Debbie' s photos and posts for both nests

Puff how's it going in   Calif?

« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 12:02:42 AM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

weasel65

« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2023, 01:13:39 AM »

Happy New Year

Puff and I made arrangement to meet Saturday. I picked her up at her hotel in downtown LA. It was the same hotel I had been to for dinner on the evening of my high school prom. The restaurant was at the top of the building and made one revolution per hour. I don’t think it does that anymore. But I digress.  We cause of the weather we decided to just drive around and see some of the sights. The site we saw were Hollywood Blvd, and she could see some of the “stars” on the side walks, the hand and foot prints in front of Graumans Chinese Theater, and then on to Laurel Canyon so she could see some of the homes built on the hillsides.  Unfortunately, the clouds were hiding the Hollywood sign.  Then we headed over to Griffith Park and drove past the Greek Theater and on to the Observatory. That was shrouded by fog/clouds and we we just barely able to see the outline of the building. We drove through another area of nice home and then down to Sunset Blvd. and to our lunch spot at the Farmers Market.  We had a nice lunch at Dupar’s. It is an iconic, L.A. standard.  After lunch we headed back to her hotel. I think I wore her out.   

We’ve ordered good weather for the parade.  A break from the rain we had overnight and what is coming later this coming week.  I think these storms will be moving East for your enjoyment (just kidding).

All the best to everyone for a healthy and happy new year.

kbshcb

« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2023, 06:33:20 AM »

Happy New Year

Puff and I made arrangement to meet Saturday. I picked her up at her hotel in downtown LA. It was the same hotel I had been to for dinner on the evening of my high school prom. The restaurant was at the top of the building and made one revolution per hour. I don’t think it does that anymore. But I digress.  We cause of the weather we decided to just drive around and see some of the sights. The site we saw were Hollywood Blvd, and she could see some of the “stars” on the side walks, the hand and foot prints in front of Graumans Chinese Theater, and then on to Laurel Canyon so she could see some of the homes built on the hillsides.  Unfortunately, the clouds were hiding the Hollywood sign.  Then we headed over to Griffith Park and drove past the Greek Theater and on to the Observatory. That was shrouded by fog/clouds and we we just barely able to see the outline of the building. We drove through another area of nice home and then down to Sunset Blvd. and to our lunch spot at the Farmers Market.  We had a nice lunch at Dupar’s. It is an iconic, L.A. standard.  After lunch we headed back to her hotel. I think I wore her out.   

We’ve ordered good weather for the parade.  A break from the rain we had overnight and what is coming later this coming week.  I think these storms will be moving East for your enjoyment (just kidding).

All the best to everyone for a healthy and happy new year.

awe so sweet weasel......I know all of those places!....I'm sure you wore her out....way to go!