Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1017313 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #75 on: January 02, 2023, 06:53:56 PM »

Kb - Stay safe and warm!

Oldguy - Thanks for Ryan video. I has seen my cousin in LA, mention the tornadoes earlier. 

Phyl - Great pics of the turkeys at DNN.

Have a good night, everyone!

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #76 on: January 02, 2023, 09:17:53 PM »

Lani - Beautiful pic you posted from a friend!

Baz - I too thought about trying to see Puff in the crowd, but as you said, it was the distance factor, and it was always just a split second on the crowds!  I'm sure Zippo had a nice birthday!

Kb - Wow, how different about the squirrel's behavior!  I agree - hold off walking until it is safe - sounds unsteady/dangerous.  Stay safe & inside  ;D

Oldguy - Thanks for posting link for the parade - I watched and I really enjoyed  ;D :)

Phyl - I tried to watch Dolly & Miley on NYE, but BIL kept us occupied talking about all kinds of things!   Like the wild turkey pics  :)

Tig - If you watched the parade this morning, did you see the NASCAR float?  I somehow missed it (maybe during commercials)?!  I didn't even know about the float until I clicked on news clips when I signed onto my pc a little while ago!

Puff & Weasel - Again, I just have to say it was a beautiful pic of you both and thanks for posting! :)

I watched and very much enjoyed the Rose parade this morning, but my only complaint is that we had way too many commercials  :o ::)

Beakers have a good night and SEDs  :)

kbshcb

« Reply #77 on: January 02, 2023, 09:29:39 PM »

Tragedy on the NFL football field....Bengals Hamlin in critical condition now at a level one trauma hospital.
Very different....collapsed after a hit, pulse but not breathing on his own.
Clean hit, got up and then fell...so?..Prayers young man.24 years old.

Commotio Cordis?he was defibrilated
« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 09:32:05 PM by kbshcb »

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #78 on: January 02, 2023, 09:40:03 PM »

No bounce
Prayers for NFL player Hamlin...

KB... I moved some snow off of driveway piles today.
E4E... No I don't recall seeing a nascar float. Hmm. I watched NBC and recorded ABC. Worse than the commercials was the inexperienced announcers on NBC and the self-absorbed  ones on ABC. I noticed they are now emulating the Macy's Thanksgiving parade by having performances. Ish.
SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #79 on: January 02, 2023, 11:00:11 PM »

Tragedy on the NFL football field....Bengals Hamlin in critical condition now at a level one trauma hospital.
Very different....collapsed after a hit, pulse but not breathing on his own.
Clean hit, got up and then fell...so?..Prayers young man.24 years old.

Commotio Cordis?he was defibrilated

Heard this too! Shocking news even for non sports buffs. Though when I heard about this , I told Jim,  it's his heart, he hit too hard.

Looked up  your words  'commotio cordis'---here's what I found:   https://www.bing.com/search?q=commotio+cordis+definition&qs=FT&pq=commotio+cordis%3f&sc=10-16&cvid=86ADE2BE46A9446086714F5AD9188629&FORM=CHRDEF&sp=1 Medical term for what I thought.
When this first broke, talk was suspend game---then postpone (what's the difference, eh?) .
Seiously, I don't think the game will be finished.
Prayers

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #80 on: January 02, 2023, 11:02:00 PM »

No bounce
Prayers for NFL player Hamlin...

KB... I moved some snow off of driveway piles today.
E4E... No I don't recall seeing a nascar float. Hmm. I watched NBC and recorded ABC. Worse than the commercials was the inexperienced announcers on NBC and the self-absorbed  ones on ABC. I noticed they are now emulating the Macy's Thanksgiving parade by having performances. Ish.
SED

Re: Rose Parade,  I agree about coverage  and all.

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #81 on: January 02, 2023, 11:04:52 PM »

Ryan has started his live cast 20 min. early as the tornadoes are starting in LA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTsAUJtTjBE

Oh great!! My SIL lives in LA!     'Sides, not that far from us. Thanks for info. T-stroms have begun here.

Anyway, I'm 'pooped' out---
'Good Evening' .

« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 11:38:06 PM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #82 on: January 02, 2023, 11:13:14 PM »

Tsk, I wish it was a plumbing problem  :-\ They could have gone through the closet wall and that would be easily repaired.... But now, the tile shower floor, 12"of wall tile and the door frame has to be replaced. I need to find tile to match or mix with. The bedroom closet on the other side of the bathroom wall; I'm going to sand and re-stain the closet baseboards, and they will put down new carpet padding/wood slates and set the carpet back in. They think after that I can get someone to clean it and it'll look fine. It's going to be hard to find a match for these tiles. Builder didn't use regular bathroom tiles, he used floor tiles that matches throughout the home. Haven't received cost yet.  :-\

Oldguy, thanks for the Dolly/Miley video link... worrying weather in LA....

Phyl, Decorah North Wild Turkeys!  ;D

{{{Kb}}} take care ... just read your post about Damar Hamlin, I went to read any update, so sad. Prayers for this young man, family ... videos of the tea... prayers for all.

Eagles, I wasn't able to watch the parade today. I was busy shoveling snow off the driveway  :-\

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Clynn, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Pink, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee,Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Eagle's Mother and Kris, Lori and her grandma Clute, Puff, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Pink's mother, Karen, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Tim, Peep's friend's family, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Clynn's friend Kay, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim, Tim's son and grandson, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Eagle's Kris, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For NEFL Samson and Gabriella, Black Bear Ted, Lucy, Reggae, Taffy Apple, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Dunrovin Harriet, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, Eagles's Star, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  Juliet and Romeo, Lucy and Larry, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #83 on: January 03, 2023, 06:33:33 AM »

Good Morning Everyone !

We are under a Tornado watch,   68F light rain.  Later to 70 F .  Nighttime , 58F  and rainy.

Hi LilBro

Hi Karen, Pink, Nrstooge

Puff How 'ya doing? I hope you enjoyed the Rose Parade.

Lani what a mess and job. And you're doing some of the work yourself. Oh my.

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #84 on: January 03, 2023, 06:34:36 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

January 2, 2023: News and NestFlix from the North Nest!

https://www.raptorresource.org/2023/01/02/january-2-2023-news-and-nestflix-from-the-north-nest/?doing_wp_cron=1672725319.1772780418395996093750

Sauces bald eagle cam

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #85 on: January 03, 2023, 06:48:16 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, bathroom issues are the worst!  We had to have work done in Kelsey's bathroom this summer, her bathtub was leaking down to the kitchen below. They had to cut a hole in the kitchen ceiling and her bedroom wall. Turned out to be the drain, they had to replace a part of it. About $2,000. That's a bummer about the tiles...take a picture of the tiles and send it to me. I wll search with Google lense, and maybe find something like it!  The snowy forest picture I posted yesterday was taken in Payson, is there snow in the forest now?

35 and raining right now, I think it rained all night... 42 high today, then in the 30's for a few days.

Phyl, sweet good night sailboat... Those turkey pictures are great! Love your good morning pic, looks like a Williraye piece! Thanks for the News and Nestflix!

Decorah - there they are, together as usual...

Decorah North - also together!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

« Reply #86 on: January 03, 2023, 06:57:58 AM »

Clynn  glad your temps are above freezing.  Thanks for Decorah IR photos.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2023, 07:01:31 AM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #87 on: January 03, 2023, 07:01:39 AM »

I messed up! And forgot that Amy has to set up Decorah Lounge 2023!!   Before a new topic can be started 'Beakroom 2023 :-[   ::)
Soooo sorry!!    :( :( :(     I hope no one posts there.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2023, 07:04:15 AM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #88 on: January 03, 2023, 07:08:48 AM »

40 heading to 45 - not 54 as predicted yesterday  :o  Still raining lightly.

KB/TIG  hang in there..  KB  Had not heard that story about Hamlin.  Too bad things like that happen Prayers for him.

LANI   What a major project.  Wow.  Since I can't quite picture the problem exactly, would a contrasting tile work?  Do you have a tile store "near" you? .    What a way to kick off the new year  :o  ::)  Good night photo, cute..

PHYL   Like the AM pic.  :)   Stay safe today.  Jim will be at work, right?   The vid on the sub attack had to be seen in slo-mo.  Missed it the first time.  Thanks for the links
Chicagoland

Phyl

« Reply #89 on: January 03, 2023, 07:23:05 AM »

**Edited**

40 heading to 45 - not 54 as predicted yesterday  :o  Still raining lightly
PHYL   Like the AM pic.  :)   Stay safe today.  Jim will be at work, right?   The vid on the sub attack had to be seen in slo-mo.  Missed it the first time.  Thanks for the links

Yes! Jim at work until 3pm.  Right now it's a ferocious  rain.
Many thanks for the 'stay safe'. It's wild out there!
Very cute graphic this AM.

I can't take credit for the video of sub attack or links.

Sauces bald eagle cam
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 854   Go Up