Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 720888 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #1815 on: February 18, 2023, 02:09:59 PM »

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #1816 on: February 18, 2023, 02:27:57 PM »

Phyl, I made sooo many potholders with that same kind of loom when I was a kid. Great throwback item!  I hope they are still being sold.

Tsk, so nice of your neighbors to clear your walks. Hugs to you, and to them!  :)  I've been hoping you have been able to get at least a little relief from all the discomfort. Wha??!?? You never had one of those potholder-making looms? A deprived childhood. LOL.  ;) :D

Lisa, your Momma!! LOL, glad she got to your aunt's house A-OK. I bet they are having a blast, no matter what the weather! Oh, wow! That was a wonderful gift from Kelly's brother and SIL to provide the photographer for the wedding!!  ... coming very soon!!  :)

Howdy Beakers!! I'm still reading posts and trying to catch up on a couple of days worth of Beak Room news!  :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #1817 on: February 18, 2023, 02:51:13 PM »

... celebrations for tomorrow...

National Drink Wine Day   -   https://nationaldaycalendar.com/national-drink-wine-day-february-18/

Oldguy, thanks! I guess I will be forced to comply.  ;) :D :D  I hope you paced that snow-shoveling, and are feeling okay!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #1818 on: February 18, 2023, 03:12:31 PM »

It's CATURDAY

Lulu the Valentine flower inspector.

30 heading to 45.  Mostly sunny

PHYL   Cute Japanese squirrel  :)   Only acceptable way to wake me up  LOLOL

LANI   Hard to believe a minister would say that!!!  Both of you certainly proved him wrong!  Another sweet good night photo  ;)

BL   Never heard of a sugar glider before.

CLYNN   And hear " peace on earth"  So true!   Good to hear Gabby chose V3.  Maybe no eggs this year.

TIG   Get some good eagle shots today  ;D ;D

LISA    I'm a simple woman  - so true.

Tsk, sugar gliders were an "It" popular pet for a while. I hope they've lost favor as pets. Very cute, but probably best being in their natural enviro.  Your lfowers are GORGEOUS! Were they for a special occasion? From Tim? How cute is Lulu! Awww, look at her balancing up on only her back legs so she can stop and smell the roses!  :) :-*

BL, glad the sugar gliders about were rescued and released. It sounds like you and Pip got to be involved - and a sigar glider perched on Pip's shoulder? How cool is that!  :)  I had to try to fill in some of the gaps in the post, so I hope I did that about right. I hope you and Pip are both well, and warm!  :)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1819 on: February 18, 2023, 03:18:39 PM »

We now have 2 eggs at the DNR nest.

Great news!  ;D
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

baziunc

« Reply #1820 on: February 18, 2023, 03:52:27 PM »

Tsk, I forgot about Valentine's Day flowers... I'm guessing those were from Tim to you for that. They are pretty!  :)  Lulu is sooo cute!  :-*

Lani, I LOVE those Rev. Phoebe-isms you and Mike and the kids have!!!  LOL!!  ;) ;D  Great story!  :)

Lori, awww, look at pretty Destini!  :-*  But, Zippo says, "Hi Destini! Now get lost!"  ;D :o ::) ;)  LOL! Zippo has no truck for cats!  :D :D :D  Please tell Destini not to take it personally.  ;)  Thanks for your gifs - they're good!  :)  I hope you and Destini are all snuggled in and warm this weekend.  :)

Clynn, your fresh snow is pretty. Glad you haven't been overwhelmed with it - nice that it melts between snowfalls. I bet Bella would enjoy one of those potholder looms. When I was growing up, our Parks and Rec had them in the summer parks supply of "stuff" and I learned how to use them when I was about her age, I bet. Then I got one of my own as a gift.  A different kind of "puzzle" to figure out, at first.   :)  Thanks for the good news from Karen making good progress towards getting back to being mobile, and heading back to her home before long!  (((Hugs to Karen from me))), if you think of it next time you talk to her!  :)  She's on a roll!!  :D  Pun intended. LOL.

Phyl, you asked about Zippo and Valentines. I gave her plenty of extra treats on Valentines, and we shared an omelet. She loves scrambled eggs!!  :o ;D  But, SHHH!!!  8)  Don't let on to her what scrambled eggs come from!  ;) :D

Beakers, I hope you all have a wonderful evening!  :) I'm headed to see which bottle of wine to uncork and let breathe  ;) in a few minutes, so I can properly observe today's national wine drinking day celebration.   After all, it's almost 5 o'clock in my time zone right now. And, of course, it's always 5 o'clock somewhere!  ;) ;) :D ;) :D  I will be pairing it with a bowl of fresh organic mixed baby greens with a few goodies mixed in, drizzled with some yummy Carrot and Ginger Dressing... along with a plate of some Cracked Pepper and Olive Oil Triscuits, topped with a dab of Dijon mustard, sliced pieces of Toscano cheese with black pepper, and flakes of a yummy, moist chunk of Chipotle and Lime Smoked Salmon. Nom nom.  Lol, that will be Happy Hour and dinner, all in one.  ;) :D
« Last Edit: February 18, 2023, 03:55:32 PM by baziunc »

oldguy

« Reply #1821 on: February 18, 2023, 04:38:00 PM »

Some videos before heading off for the card game...

Cats enjoy their own way of playing   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtGhabEdmnU

Neighbor's Cat learns to ring OUR Doorbell   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCUdCngLTYs

This channel is listed as being in the USA, but the cars have Turkey plates - the noise that the man uses to attract the cats is the same sound from Walter Santi... - is the the same person... ???
If you sit in this park, tens of cats will gather around you   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNLNYdBzrF0

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #1822 on: February 18, 2023, 04:41:03 PM »

bounce
We saw a few BEs flying, but no pics. We watched many ducks and geese swimming.
We stopped by the DNR nest on the way home. Noone to be seen..
SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

T40cfr403

« Reply #1823 on: February 18, 2023, 05:31:06 PM »

Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

Puff

« Reply #1824 on: February 18, 2023, 06:09:54 PM »

baz- you had me checking my post about 2' of snow.  What?  I checked back with tsk to see if I made a typo.  No, I had 2" , tsk had 2". 

Two feet would really have been a surprise.  Two inches vs. two feet - we are only about 15 miles apart.  Our "lake effect" does cause a challenge sometimes with local weather but not that much recently that I remember.

I never had the potholder loom.  Interesting project.  Loved the display of the missing coasters,too.  Cats sure do like to gather.

P   

kbshcb

« Reply #1825 on: February 18, 2023, 06:16:37 PM »

Some pics taken of our ice situation by others:

Al Schirmacher writes:
On the lighter side:
Minnesota Frozen Trail Dances:
- The Flail - arms pinwheeling to maintain balance
- The Stomp - one foot sliding, the other decisively crashing straight down to keep one upright
- The Grab - embrace that tree
- The Pinball - bouncing off anything one can find to avoid ground contact
- The Twist - multiple arm, leg & posterior motions to keep one upright
And, of course,
- The Fail - after employing one or more of the above, an unintentional landing
Palmer Lake
Brooklyn Center MN

and finally:

The old cedar bridge in Bloomington, MN by Forest Femmes.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1826 on: February 18, 2023, 06:44:44 PM »

PUFF   Heard the "official" O'Hare snowfall on the news last night.

KB   Thanks for the update on the DNR nest - good news for them  :)   Trail dances - can picture each one  LOL

PHYL  Awww  Sweet Bob         Lulu is a big sniffer - Her nose is going all the time.  But unlike Lucy - she does not play with or bite on the leaves or flowers.  We made sure of that.  It was 2 inches of snow... ;) ;) ;)

BAZI   To be honest I don't think I had any friends who had the looms either   ???   Tim always get me flowers for Valentines day. ;) :-*   Funny Zippo and scrambled eggs  LOL   You have the best "Happy Hours!  ;D

OLDGUY  Good luck tonight.  Hope you're not too tired from working today.   Lulu also loves to put toys under the rug  ;)   Cat who rings the doorbell - Oh no  :o      Agree that has to be Santi.

T40  All those videos were great  ;D  fox, cat, eagle  :o :o   kitty flopping down on hand  ;D
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #1827 on: February 18, 2023, 07:06:30 PM »

Have a good night, Beakers….catch up in the morning.

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #1828 on: February 18, 2023, 08:24:36 PM »

Clynn - Thanks for the update on Karen.  I do hope all goes well enough so that she can return to her home.  Can you tell us what ever happened to Taffy Apple - I know that had to be so hard on Karen to have been away from TA, except for some visits here and there.

Lori  - Like the VW bus with Destini's name!!

Kb - Oh my gosh - terrible 'concrete' to deal with.  I know you always take good care when you step out, but please continue to be careful.   Yaay - 2 eggs on the DNR nest! ;D

Lani - Yes!  We had a little bbq today with my Mom & sis over here.  We enjoyed the lovely day and each other's company.  ;D   Just read what you told Clynn about how you and Mike met.  What a neat story of how you met - it sounds like love at first sight! ;D

Tsk - Yes, Kris does get neighbors stopping by while he is working, sometimes they all get to talking a lot! ;) :)

Phyl - Have a good evening and a good dinner (always something good at your house)!

Tig - Glad you had a nice outing today  :)

Baz - I learned about 'Looms' when I was a young girl going to summer recreation - so fun and so proud to make something to take home and give to my Mom!

Oldguy - If you have cards tonight - hope you win!  Like the vid of the kitty ringing the neighbor's doorbell - Lol! ;D

T40 - Great 'Caturday' vids! ;D

LisaG - You are a busy girl - have a nice evening.  :)

Good night Beakers - sleep well and stay warm! 

baziunc

« Reply #1829 on: February 18, 2023, 10:09:35 PM »

baz- you had me checking my post about 2' of snow.  What?  I checked back with tsk to see if I made a typo.  No, I had 2" , tsk had 2". 

Two feet would really have been a surprise.  Two inches vs. two feet - we are only about 15 miles apart.  Our "lake effect" does cause a challenge sometimes with local weather but not that much recently that I remember.

I never had the potholder loom.  Interesting project.  Loved the display of the missing coasters,too.  Cats sure do like to gather.

P

Puff, you must have me confused with someone else. I didn't mention your snow. I know you didn't get 2 feet of it.  ;)  Thank goodness!  :D