Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 720895 times)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #1830 on: February 18, 2023, 10:39:13 PM »

My Happy Hour/Dinner combo turned out good, and was very filling. But I managed somehow to find room for peanut M&Ms for dessert.  ;) :D

G'night, Beakers. Sleep tight. SED.  :)

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1831 on: February 18, 2023, 11:50:44 PM »

Tsk, wonderful of neighbors to clear your walks. I've never seen loom kits before.

Oldguy, We participated in celebrating National wine day. Mike with a nice red, Aly and I with a pinot grigio.  ;D...  Santi is like St Francis gathering and feeding of God's beautiful creatures. I wish I could bring them home with me... the neighbor's cat  ;D ... good luck with the cards tonight!

SED Baz, A delicious feast with a great bottle of wine to end your day! Yum!...  Thinking about Lil Punkin and family, and I hope all is going well with her trial. OMG! Peanut M&Ms to finish the evening. I wish I had a couple right now... love the good night pup.

Tig, sounds like you both had a nice outing.

Kb, stunning sunset pics, ice not so nice to walk or drive on.

T40, fun videos "kneading bread"  ;D

SED Eagles, glad you had a nice day with Kris, your mother and sis. Reading your comment to Tsk, Sounds like you have nice neighborhood. Our area has lots of hikers/walkers with pets, so many of us know each other by our dogs names.  ;D

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tsk, Eagle's Kris, Lori and her grandma Clute, Puff, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Pink's mother, Karen, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Tim, Peep's friend's family, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Clynn's friend Kay, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim, Tim's son and grandson, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Prayers for SWFL Dad and eaglets, and Harriets return.

Special Prayers For Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Eagle's Kris, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For SWFL Harriet and nest, NEFL Samson and Gabriella, Black Bear Ted, Lucy, Reggae, Taffy Apple, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Dunrovin Harriet, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, Eagles's Star, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  Juliet and Romeo, Lucy and Larry, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1832 on: February 19, 2023, 06:55:32 AM »

46 F sunny  .  High of  62 F sunny .  Evening/night 51 F .

Hope everyone had a restful night.

Hi Lilbro

Hi Karen, Pink, bbgolden and Nrstooge

{{Tsk}}  Ha on me---what I'd say---2'. LOL

Hi Baz sorry I missed you yesterday. Sure sounds like Zippo had a nice Valentine's Day. No way will I tell Zippo where her scrambeled eggs come from
Lily weaving loom: https://www.ebay.com/b/Lily-Weaving-Looms/57741/bn_88421399

Eagles/Baz I made two pepperoni and mushroom pizzas and tossed green salad

Oldguy how much did yo win?

KB   :o  some snow in those photos

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

« Reply #1833 on: February 19, 2023, 06:58:57 AM »

I'm late in posting these two.

Another visit from our 'home grown' pair.
CR-47 aka 'Mom'

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

« Reply #1834 on: February 19, 2023, 06:59:13 AM »

Another visit from our 'home grown' pair. Part 2

Just barely caught CR44 aka 'Dad  as he was 'taking off'.
I think he got tired of w-a-i-t-i-n-g for me to take the photo.

#Istandwith Evan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #1835 on: February 19, 2023, 07:01:39 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, a few years ago I found this crafting site that has the weaving looms, more for the hot pad serious weaver! They have some beautiful colors ! https://www.acornsandtwigs.com/collections/potholder-weaving  I agree, Santi is a saint to all the cats he cares for...  Does Sadie have a favorite friend at the dog park?

baz, you had a wonderful dinner!

Phyl, delicious looking breakfast...Tiramisu? Nice to see your bluebirds!

E4E, a nice day with family! You are lucky to live in a neighborhood that likes to mingle! It's more and more a thing of the past. To your question of TA, karen's vet found a foster home for her at first, then they decided they would love to keep her so she has been with her new family about a year now. Karen is planning to go home in April, that is when her friend Mickey can come and help her get all settled.  So she has over a month to get more strength built up! I will keep nagging her to do it, do it, do it!

tsk, I have always marveled at how different cats can be! Even if from the same litter!

kb, those icy roads look like they are in the country, hard to scrape snow off of gravel!

T40, oh those Murder Mittens!  Love watching cats knead, they are in another world it seems!

Courtesy of Benny Bruhling:

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #1836 on: February 19, 2023, 07:28:11 AM »

clynn - Nope, not in the country at all...first one is a trail in a park/lake...tar.....second is in my birth home..an older bridge also tar.

These pictures posted by me are meant to show a tiny sliver of how much ice we've had to contend with most of the winter here....it covers more than walking paths....roads, yards at homes and more..these pics don't even do it justice.

I realize it's difficult for those who don't live here to imagine this...
« Last Edit: February 19, 2023, 07:46:25 AM by kbshcb »

kbshcb

« Reply #1837 on: February 19, 2023, 07:44:41 AM »

Plume pics from NOAA of train derailment....looks to affect the NE USA more than mentioned to me.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1838 on: February 19, 2023, 07:56:01 AM »

HI EVERYONE

40 heading to 51  Mostly sunny

EAGLES   A nice family Saturday  :)

BAZI   There's always room for peanut M&M's   ;) ;)

PHYL   It was a typo I'm sure  LOL   Nice blue on that second pic of Dad BB

CLYNN  I must say of the 6 previous cat's we have had - this one is the most different.   ;D   Reading the cereal boxes - memories.  That was my Mom hanging the laundry in the winter - only on lines across the driveway which was cleared of snow  LOL   Like Bennie's rendering.  Never realized the course of the stream.  :o
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #1839 on: February 19, 2023, 08:17:27 AM »

Oh-NO!   Goose on N2B, along with a lot of straw/soft stuff. Replay 8:12  am

P

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #1840 on: February 19, 2023, 08:57:15 AM »

Phyl - Your homemade pizzas last night sound like a yummy dinner with salad too!  Enjoy your nice weather today. :)  Our high will be around 64!  Love your cute little bird pics  :)

Clynn - Thanks for status of TA - so happy to know that TA has had a wonderful home! ;D :)   So good that Karen has her friend Mickey. :)  Reading the cereal boxes - I did that too!! ;D   Did you all get together yesterday for Bella's birthday party or is that today?

Kb - You have definitely had way more ice to contend with this winter than ever before.  :o :o

Tsk - Sweet how Lulu has her own strong personality.  ;) :)

Puff - Wow N2B!

Oldguy - How was your night at cards? ;)

Morning BL, Lori, Tig, T40, Lani, LisaG, Baz, Lilbro, Weasel, Blschue, Pink  :)

Beakers have a nice Sunday.

Puff

« Reply #1841 on: February 19, 2023, 09:18:14 AM »

Our Canadian fowl stayed for almost an entire hour.  No visitor came to check out the situation.  Makes me wonder a couple things:  Was today male or female?  Either way, was it one of last years' pair?  Will there be a repeat brood for 2023?  And, what about what current territory owners HD and HM think about sharing space/territory for their first nest with outsiders?

P

LisaG1967

« Reply #1842 on: February 19, 2023, 10:02:21 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

I feel like I am so behind and can't catch up when I miss most of the day! 

Morning to all that I may have missed  :-*

Puff - Yay, I see the geese are back!  I remember Amy said in her maintenance report, that N2B had alot of weeds grown up, so she just stomped it down in case the geese came back.  I guess the weeds died over the winter and turned to straw.

E4E
- Nice day with your family.

((tsk)) - Hope you have been feeling ok. 

clynn - So glad to hear that TA has been taken in by a new family.  I bet that was very hard for karen to give her up.  You are a good friend to karen...((HUGS))  Thanks for the map from BennyB.

Phyl - Great pics of your bluebirds. Mmmm, I would love that cake for breakfast. 

baz - There is always room for Peanut M&M's!

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1843 on: February 19, 2023, 10:55:03 AM »

Happy Sunday Beakers! from TRR Curtis!
Morning Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, Karen, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, and All![/b]

Lisa, Looks like mother goose to me.

Puff, Looks like mother goose is checking out a comfy nest for eggs.

Kb, dangerous roads to contend with this year. Take care.

Clynn, I know about weaving looms, my mother in law had a floor one in her needlepoint shop. She held classes. I had never knew about loom kits growing up. Never saw in Hawaii nor in Kansas, but I'm sure they had them at Ben Franklin stores. Probably had them in old Sears catalog too. Now, I'd like a loom kit for placemats.  ;D.. I read your post to Eagles, that's wonderful news about TA and best wishes for Karen's success. :-* .. thanks for Benny's post....

Phyl, sweet BB
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1844 on: February 19, 2023, 11:30:55 AM »

PUFF  Oh no  Wonder how that will fly now that N1 is occupied..

LISA   Thanks for the goose pick.  This could be interesting!!

LANI   Very joyous greeting from TRR Curtis  ;D   MIL had a needlepoint shop.  Cool.  Do you have anything she may have made?
Chicagoland