Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 709937 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #1845 on: February 19, 2023, 11:46:00 AM »

tsk - I am kinda excited for the geese to return.  I hope HM & HD can live in harmony with them for a short while.  :D

Lani - I do hope that is Mother Goose.   :)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1846 on: February 19, 2023, 12:02:54 PM »

PUFF  Oh no  Wonder how that will fly now that N1 is occupied..

LISA   Thanks for the goose pick.  This could be interesting!!

LANI   Very joyous greeting from TRR Curtis  ;D   MIL had a needlepoint shop.  Cool.  Do you have anything she may have made?

I have seasonal pillows, pics, from MIL and Mike's grandmother. I liked to use embroidery yard instead of needlepoint yarn in my projects. embroidery yarn is much easier on the hands in the winter.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1847 on: February 19, 2023, 04:44:29 PM »

LANI   Nice treasures.  I've never done needlepoint - My mom did and I have some beautiful pieces of hers.  I embroidered pillowcases  - think Mom taught me when I was younger but when I learned to crochet then embroidery fell by the wayside.  I enjoyed doing it tho.
Chicagoland

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #1848 on: February 19, 2023, 05:30:29 PM »

HAPPY DAY BEAKERS!   :)

A couple of people have asked about my Littlest Greatniece. I don't have any updated details on how the research trial process is working for her, but it must be going well, because she is still in the trial. She was at Boston Childrens Hospital last month for several days for trial-related stuff. She adores the doctor who is running it. (((He is one special soul on this earth.)))  :-* :-* She's living her best life.  :) :-*  Her preschool class recently visited Mt. Vernon, in Virgina, on the Potomac River, and it looks like they had a good time. She played the drums with a Mt. Vernon fifer!! LOL! And one of her classmates joined in.

I have a ribeye steak and baking potato (Both of those items are major special treats for me! Oh boy!!) for dinner, but they are not cooking themselves, I see, so I am off to handle that,   ;)  and make another yummy mixed baby greens salad. I think I will make a Dijon mustard vinaigrette tonight to drizzle on it, instead of the carrot and ginger dressing I had last night. There's a Tawny Port and a sliver of a Stilton on standby for dessert tonight. Mmm.  I'm hungry! So I will catch up here again sometime tomorrow, hopefully.  ;) :D

Stay warm, and safe, and have a restful evening, Beakers.  :-*
« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 11:46:54 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1849 on: February 19, 2023, 09:11:40 PM »

Baz, little Bro's smile and that gorgeous face just melts my heart!  ;D ... I'm so glad Punkin is doing well. I love your statement "She's living her best life." As she should  :-* ... Dinner sounds delicious! YUM!  ;D... sweet eagle dreams.  :)

Tsk, I have a hard time with crochet. My MIL designed kits, as well as having an artist to do special designs for customers. I have a couple of her unfinished pieces, I haven't completed them. Someday I will.... take care  ;)

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tsk, Eagle's Kris, Lori and her grandma Clute, Puff, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Pink's mother, Karen, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Tim, Peep's friend's family, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Clynn's friend Kay, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim, Tim's son and grandson, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Prayers for SWFL Dad and eaglets, and Harriets return.

Special Prayers For Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Eagle's Kris, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For SWFL Harriet and nest, NEFL Samson and Gabriella, Black Bear Ted, Lucy, Reggae, Taffy Apple, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Dunrovin Harriet, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, Eagles's Star, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  Juliet and Romeo, Lucy and Larry, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

BrokenLug

« Reply #1850 on: February 19, 2023, 09:23:14 PM »

Yikes kb it looks like you're in for a real MN humdinger this time .. I hope you and Chris have the 'cabin' well provisioned for this one.

Hunker down, take it easy and let the PLOWS take care of this one !

Geez what did you Twin Cities folk do to P-O old man winter this season.   ;)

Stay safe, Spring will be there by May.   :o
U. S. A.

kbshcb

« Reply #1851 on: February 19, 2023, 10:09:02 PM »

Yikes kb it looks like you're in for a real MN humdinger this time .. I hope you and Chris have the 'cabin' well provisioned for this one.

Hunker down, take it easy and let the PLOWS take care of this one !

Geez what did you Twin Cities folk do to P-O old man winter this season.   ;)

Stay safe, Spring will be there by May.   :o

BL - love that word humdinger. I haven't heard that word in a long long time.
This actually will be the Humdinger of all humdinger's we've had all winter ;)

I bought food on Friday that will get me through this upcoming Friday.....geesh. That may not be good enough now that I think about that clean up.....would have to resort to peanut butter sandwiches!
I have enough wine however :)

I have my snowplow guy on the hook for this week but I'm like number 31....so I will only repeatedly clear a path shovel wide from the street to my front door for deliveries if they even can happen

Wunderground is saying 17.5 -23....I assume you read that third paragraph above stating locally over 20 inches.

I have nowhere to put my snow off the decks anymore....maybe the upper one a bit...
Ollie will have a blast.....NOT

Hoping everyone's roof hangs in there as they are suggesting "infrastructure" might be a problem with the loads...

Lucky us/sarc..

Thanks for the graphic.

blschue

« Reply #1852 on: February 20, 2023, 12:46:48 AM »

There is a slight hill going up my driveway. After the rain/ice I couldn't get up the slippery driveway. I had put my van in park, took foot off brake and continued to go down driveway.  I managed to get the van sideways so it wouldn't roll on the street and left it there. Later Ross got salt and got the van in the garage. Ross has been working on the ice and almost the entire driveway is no ice. Totally dislike this winter.

kbshcb

« Reply #1853 on: February 20, 2023, 06:57:57 AM »

3 wolves.....the lull/calm before the storm!

Bischue - yep the ice this year from all the rain we've had has made it so treacherous and unusual.
Glad you have Ross to help you as that hill looks daunting...get ready!

Morning all!...Happy Monday..

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1854 on: February 20, 2023, 07:09:16 AM »

Good Morning Everyone ...Happy Monday!

56 F  light rain.  High of  64F scattered rain showers .  Evening/night  50F clear skies.

Hope everyone had a restful night. Jim reported for work at 5:30am

Hi Lilbro

Hi Karen, Pink, bbgolden and Nrstooge

{{Tsk}}

Clynn luv the desert lass sitting on her suitcase; tks for update on Karen and all. So glad TA is happy in her new home. Wonder if Karen will get another puppy?
Many thanks for sharing Benny's  map of the area.

Hi Bischue so glad you were able to make it up your steep icy drive safely. Curtis helping is surely a blessing

Puff I still have some snaps of the Canadian geese on N2B from last season---the fledging of the goslings was heart breaking--- :'( 
All good questions you've posed---I was thinking a few of the same. Thanks.

Kb understand full well your wintery difficulities, you, Chris and Ollie be cautious out there.; Tks for NOAA  map; sleeping wolf pups, good caption

Hi Eagles enjoy your nice weather , too.

Lisa Sure looks like our 'Mother Goose' from last season

Baz thanks for the update on Lil Punkin so glad she's doing well, perfect description of how her life is now ..'best life.'  ;)
luv that darling look on her lil bro's face---a winning smile  :-*  Thanks for the photos

BL    me neither, haven’t heard anyone use ‘humdinger’ in ages. Tks for the weather maps

LOL Curtis from TRR TV

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

« Reply #1855 on: February 20, 2023, 07:25:22 AM »

Great Spirit Bluff Falcons - Cliff View
Feb 20, 2023 7:10 AM
Camera Time: Feb 20, 2023 7:09 AM CST

Great Spirit Bluff Falcons - Cliff View
Feb 20, 2023 7:54 AM
Camera Time: Feb 20, 2023 7:53 AM CST

Newman  :-*

Feb 20, 2023 7:54 AM
Camera Time: Feb 20, 2023 7:53 AM CST

« Last Edit: February 20, 2023, 07:57:07 AM by Phyl »

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

« Reply #1856 on: February 20, 2023, 07:27:02 AM »

Osprey Nest - Charlo Montana
Feb 20, 2023 7:13 AM
Camera Time: Feb 20, 2023 6:13 AM MST

Looks like Mr. Hootie, GHO, drops by the nest...
« Last Edit: February 20, 2023, 07:39:00 AM by Phyl »

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

« Reply #1857 on: February 20, 2023, 07:28:34 AM »

Sauces Bald Eagles - Channel Islands
Feb 20, 2023 7:15 AM
Camera Time: Feb 20, 2023 5:15 AM PST