Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1122232 times)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #28905 on: September 18, 2024, 05:33:52 AM »

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #28906 on: September 18, 2024, 05:38:17 AM »

The International Photography Awards 2024 Winning Photo Is Entitled: Horse’s Ass and Clydesdale
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #28907 on: September 18, 2024, 05:51:36 AM »

hi you guys its 67 here clear

hi joho yes crow story just so very nice i put cali on some pencillian that i have a big bottle of it back when you could go in your feed store and buy it. now you have to get a prescription from your vet to do that lots of farmers around here not happy over that so jim is going to ask our vet to give us one when he comes to do indy i cannot take penny and brownie to the vet at all someone has come to my car if i take a cat get the carrier i cant cali either jim has to penny has a bladder infection and that penicillan cleared it right up cali has one now and started her yesterday and by last night she was so much better!! hope you get all the dogs there and back okay you have help let them help. wonderful what you are doing i gotta go pick up groceries and go over to harps and walk that with help of my cart then put all that stuff away

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/1C055D59F4D6?z=0

johoward

« Reply #28908 on: September 18, 2024, 09:26:08 AM »

6:10 Gotta listen to those "experts".  Two dogs and 8 cats are at the vet in Tremont area of Cleveland.  One big puppy was not a good traveler.  He barked and carried on so bad I could not always hear my GPS, which was at 100%.  Also, broke his pee tray in two, and I think ate some of the edge bead.  The only thing good about this trip is it was short.  Only a half hour of deafening noise.
Well I will be napping soon.  Someone else will be bringing them home this evening.  I will go see Karen for "burgers".  Never sure what kind she has.  I am almost certain they will not be beef. LOL.  I will eat them anyway.  May put on extra ketchup.
Now I will rest. GBU EV1 and Israel, Ukraine, and those suffering.  Also, bless the animals and bring them comfort.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2024, 10:19:50 AM by johoward »

calhound

« Reply #28909 on: September 18, 2024, 11:47:47 AM »

hi joho just finally got done unloading putting away stuff went to barn did indy let dogs out let dogs in now on to the cats again i have lots of paperwork to do jim doing many ac jobs im behind what else is new i feel sorry for that big puppy sounds like pretty traumatic time for it. hope all of them did well today and find a forever home a really good home. if karen made you healthy burgers thank her and eat them. hi karen hope your author is better. long ago i limped so badly painful hip my mom felt so bad for me when i saw her on the weekend and we walked all over the place i went to many dr but no one knew what it was said bursitis sac dr hauss sounds like hoss he took an xray and said i had a bone spur there and each time i moved my right hip that spur tore my bursitis sac he did surgery removed that bone spur  i walked painfree for awhile he said dont fall we had the big dogs and they would be happy to see me even if i was just out in the barn came in knock me across the room well got knocked into a wall and so forth. and i fell off my horse riding with my sister she fell off too  and fell on the ice you know life stuff but now its years of bad parts and falling and stuff

calhound

« Reply #28910 on: September 18, 2024, 04:29:34 PM »

Passing Through The Needles Eye Tunnel ln South Dakota ~

calhound

« Reply #28911 on: Yesterday at 05:24:53 AM »

hi you guys its 68 and says rain coming but i dont think today

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/CB055D4C2A09

johoward

« Reply #28912 on: Yesterday at 10:23:59 AM »

6:07   I guess I am good at Pubs. Pretty brief Cal.  Are you ok, Just busy?
74 and sunny.  What else is new? Dull Dull Dull weather.
Doing rehab moves is dull too.  Would rather just sit and enjoy TV.
 Karen's beef burgers were very big, and she cooked them on a grille.  She likes to cook different ways.  I am glad she includes me.  She really does not like meat and tries to avoid avoid buns and other normal bread.  So making burgers for us, is mostly for me.  She had some baked French fries that were made of sweet potatoes.  These were surprisingly good.  Even though she had trouble keeping them warm.  As usual she had a terrific salad bowl with veggies and fruits.  It was a feast, and I will have a repeat for lunch today.
 Then we watched TV for 3 hours.  PBS had on a series of excellent big cat stories.  All were done by Gordon Buchanan who is Doc's good friend if you will recall.  I could just visualize him sitting in Doc's woods holding out his hand to some of Doc's study bears like Lily and Hope.  Gordon had a sizeable crew with him.  He looked a little more mature than I remember from the bear videos.  It was very nice to see him.  I felt like it was old friends day.
I will leave you now and, I think, take a ride to my mailbox.
BTW I would not like to drive that bus through that tunnel.  I get tense just pulling into my two car garage. LOL
GBU EV1 and all those in need.  I pray God or something miraculous will let us see the truth in this election filled with lies.  Price gouging is taking a toll and the adds saying it is " food inflation", and "energy Inflation" are flat out lies.  These two painful commodities are up just because the CEOs want us to change our leadership at the polls.  Don't be fooled, and don't pay more than you want too for things like Campbells soup, chips, and everything else in the grocery.  Wait for sales and other factors to bring prices down.  Prices will come down when the stuff sits on shelves and in warehouse long enough to choke the supply chain.  We all have the power to limit demand, and if we just stop paying the high prices the price will come down.  It is basic economics demand determines price.
Bye now.

calihoula

« Reply #28913 on: Yesterday at 10:47:45 AM »

Sharice Davids
@sharicedavids

Big corporations are charging you more for goods, including groceries, so their CEOs can get richer. This price gouging is unacceptable.

I’m supporting the Price Gouging Prevention Act to ban this unfair practice and lower costs for hardworking Kansas families.

Sharice Davids is currently serving Kansas' Third Congressional District in Congress
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #28914 on: Yesterday at 10:48:45 AM »

Friday Funny—Senior Citizen Trying to Set Password
Posted on August 29, 2014 by Linda Andrews
I don’t think this just applies to folks over a certain age.

WINDOWS: Please enter your new password.

USER: cabbage

WINDOWS: Sorry, the password must be more than 8 characters.

USER: boiled cabbage

WINDOWS: Sorry, the password must contain 1 numerical character.

USER: 1 boiled cabbage

WINDOWS: Sorry, the password cannot have blank spaces.

USER: 50bloodyboiledcabbages

WINDOWS: Sorry, the password must contain at least one upper case character.

USER: 50BLOODYboiledcabbages

WINDOWS: Sorry, the password cannot use more than one upper case character consecutively.

USER: 50BloodyBoiledCabbagesShovedUpYourAssIfYouDon’tGiveMeAccessNow!

WINDOWS: Sorry, the password cannot contain punctuation.

USER: ReallyPissedOff50BloodyBoiledCabbagesShovedUpYourAssIfYouDontGiveMeAccessNow

WINDOWS: Sorry, that password is already in use.
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #28915 on: Yesterday at 10:57:40 AM »

hi joho im really busy went to town bank get gas heard on radio news down by city said this man was praying to peoples horse beating the dog and then tried to get in the house owner shot him killed him i told stephie at the drive thru at bank we both said drugs but wth someone try to beat penny or brownie bloody stump all be left i worked on books gotta go back to barn chores there yay karen fixing you good stuff to eat keep you healthy and around! no way i would be on that bus driving to town on narrow curvy road over that one bridge with a truck coming other way yikes! today no one on it but me its rainy here saying big storms tonight
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 11:00:24 AM by calihoula »

johoward

« Reply #28916 on: Yesterday at 01:37:32 PM »

You are busy Cal.  Good!
 Work is the meat of life I'm told.  Or in your case the veggies of life. LOL
Sharice is right, but has one thing wrong.  It is not just to enrich the CEOs and stockholders. It is far worse than just corporate greed.  It is mind control politics through suffering.  It is being done so that the GOP can run those lying adds about how high food and energy are due to Biden/Harris.  Anyone who has been buying groceries lately would believe them, and vote their way.
It works, and they know it. It was used first successfully to limit Jimmy Carter to one term.
Good one on password. LOL!

calhound

« Reply #28917 on: Today at 06:10:55 AM »

hi you guys its 69 very high pollen and humidity is 88% now calling for rain tonight better chance tomorrow night idiot man behind us shooting his gun for 2 hours yesterday afternoon i was in the kitchen tv on fan on high and penny looking upset i said is that pop noise a gun turned down fan yes his gun penny upset brownie upset i turned the fan back on high went to barn indy upset his ac running and radio on but you could really hear that gun sounded like right next to his door he would not eat his treats and he kept himself facing his door. idiot shoots at his huge pile junk trash his whole place big trash pile with a mobile there he has two old horses cows dogs but fires that gun at least not shooting same old animal over and over makes jim mad he told him once one bullet comes over here i will own your place if one hits me or indy ....so penny and brownie took alot for me to finally get them to go out and pee yesterday after idiot finally quit. at least getting dark earlier cause around here against the law to fire a gun half hour before dusk or dawn. be happy for winter to get here he doesnt stand outside in freezing weather and shoot his gun at his trash.

hi joho sharice is a democratic  she is for harris was for biden she is really working on stopping the greed and she helped get insulin capped at 35.00 she is well liked in kansas i got lots to do and it takes me long time cause i have a hard time getting around. oh my my two cats in here ate up their food all gone i will have to go get some more. one has been sick he is much better now he is one of sookies kids her first and only one then i could not trap her and she had another litter one left of it so two boys left sweetness in here and mr kitty love each other so much

i gotta go

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/35055D4E665C

johoward

« Reply #28918 on: Today at 09:34:34 AM »

5:39 thanks Cal,  75 outside and dull again.  I think I will go to Mrs. McDowell's for some apples and maybe some pears and even peaches if she has them.  She is very old and is holding onto her family farm for all she is worth.  She has some help from her daughter, but still struggles each year to make ends meet.  It is sad to see the orchard ageing and not replenished each year as her competition is, but she can't do it any more.
 It was exciting for me to see a PBS Nature documentary showing Gordon Buchanan videoing all the big cats on the African plains.  It was of course harsh in the way Nature really is.  All the while I was reminded of the many videos on Bear.org showing him videoing Doc, and himself while tenderly caring for Hope and helping to rescue the cubs who had fallen into a basement and were stuck.  I hope he participates in the major filming being done now, or soon as told by Doc last Spring.
Bye for Now.  I hope you are all well.  GBU and all those in need.