Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1112552 times)

johoward

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #28890 on: September 13, 2024, 10:14:10 AM »

5:36 OK. Very nice out at 66 degrees.  I already went for a bike ride to the mailbox.  My legs are getting weaker each day it seems.  Too much sitting around on the computer.  It has just been too hot for me to ride.  I need to get with it.  I have rehab coming up in a week for back weakness.  I believe this is really belly weakness, and do not relish belly workouts.  I have two ruptures, and I am afraid I will make them worse.
Did not see anyone yesterday.  Just ate left overs all day.  Lots of TV time and solitaire.  Really miss doc's den cams and all the baby cams.
Judy Thon asked for a report of my visit to the WRI.  I emailed it to her.  She may or may not use it next year.  I hope Debbie will write one too.  She is a very good writer, and had a marvelous time with Doc, Judy, Laurie,  Andrea, and all our coursers. 
Well I will say CUL now EV1.   GBU, Israel, and Ukraine (where both are getting worse).  God deliver us from evil.

calihoula

« Reply #28891 on: September 13, 2024, 10:51:57 AM »

I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #28892 on: September 13, 2024, 11:59:48 AM »

hi joho well if its to hot to ride its too hot i would say  between a rock and hard place you rode your bike today that is so good i saw on my local news at bottom of the screen putin threating  nato again if ukraine sends off long range missiles he will attack nato   for real putin yay just not talk once again real deal this time? what a bully i can kill your people attack your country all day long but you better not do it back.  i also saw trump does not want a rematch with her. oh why not you did so good
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #28893 on: September 14, 2024, 05:23:53 AM »

hi you guys its 69 and little humid weather lady katy horner said summer still here for at least another week   :( penny allergies keep flaring up i turned up the ac yesterday put the fan on high in front of her and she did alot better i told her girl probably be around halloweenie before it gets colder. brownie scratching too. i dont really want to start the pred if i can help it. one day at a time. she makes all summer till sept then it starts up i heard ragweed really bad i have been sneezing alot not scratching

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/CA055D584F5B?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #28894 on: September 14, 2024, 01:57:19 PM »

Texas Inspiration

·
Well that seems a bit extreme

johoward

« Reply #28895 on: September 14, 2024, 04:12:15 PM »

4:17 Wow! pays to wait till later in the day for me I guess.
I see our bears are having fun with the cubes and donut toys right now.  Have not seen them lately.  Seems we miss a lot since they stopped the mods.  I never know who I am seeing.  I can never see the ear "notch", and  I can't tell Lucky from Tasha.  I miss the nice chat too. A LOT!!!!
Well back to something hopeful.  Thanks Cal for posting our dog shames and puzzles.  I promise I will not be trespassing anywhere in Texas. LOL!!!
Did not see anyone yesterday, and today Karen is not well.  Don't know what she has yet, but it sounds bad from her texts.  I will soon go out for the mail.  Housekeeping is almost done for today. There is more for tomorrow.  Don't worry.
Well CUL EV1.  GBU

calhound

« Reply #28896 on: September 15, 2024, 05:06:16 AM »

2024 Winding Down - UPDATE September 14, 2024

Guy
The bears are winding down. Our tension is winding down. And hunting pressure has wound down. We haven’t heard a shot for 11 days now. Three juveniles were taken early on but we don’t know enough to say who they are. A fourth bear was found eaten by wolves early in the season. We believe the bears we know best are still alive.

Guys foot
Guys foot

Today was the beginning of grouse hunting season and deer bow-hunting season—the usual turning point when bear hunting winds down even though there is a month left in the season.

RC by M. Johnson
RC by M. Johnson

Females that are likely pregnant have mostly drifted off as have big males. Mothers with cubs are still active.

Donna by C. Quick
Donna by C. Quick

The three oldest bears we know are still with us. The oldest is 25-year-old RC whose picture by Mike Johnson makes her look young in light that minimizes her white facial hairs. Another is 24-year-old nice Donna with lighting that makes her look young, too. Then there is nice Guy who is about the same age looking much older. I don’t think I’ve ever seen longer gray hairs on a bear’s foot.

I’m glad we didn’t lose more bears.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #28897 on: September 15, 2024, 05:14:11 AM »

hi you guys its 66  here i saw tons of stars in the sky so clear chiefs play cin bengals at 3:25 today at arrowhead here kitty kitty

hi joho i sure hope karen is better! i did a little housework yesterday and cut on this thorny bush out by the dogs ramp. it got me more than once too. thinking of mowing indy's pasture some today. if i can.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/7F055D5C0DA1

calhound

« Reply #28898 on: September 16, 2024, 04:53:30 AM »

hi you guys the temp is 66 clear and the moon is back says very high pollen. chiefs won Butker hits a 51-yard winner for KC after penalty on Bengals safety keeps Chiefs alive

hi joho where are you? I sent you an email yesterday hope you and karen are okay

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/8E055D5C71D9?z=0

johoward

« Reply #28899 on: September 16, 2024, 09:22:58 AM »

5:27 On the LONG barge.
5:53 On the red window. I am here as usual this morning.  Another hot dry day.
Did not do much but football yesterday.  Karen's daughter took her to the cleveland clinic urgent care.  They told her she has arthur, and prescribed Prednisone.  She will start it today at breakfast.  Tylenol has helped her a lot.
  She is still blaming her shingrix shot from September 6th, and says she will not get the follow up dose.  She is moving around a little better, and will be ok.  She had to call off work today to go to a follow up appointment with an orthopedic doctor.
We watched the Chiefs beat our Bengals.  It was a good match. Glad the Chiefs won so I could come here with a cheerfull Cal. LOL
I really loved the Update.  Especially the pictures of the big older bears.
Bye for now EV1 GBU, Israel, Ukraine, the USA, and those who are suffering

calihoula

« Reply #28900 on: September 16, 2024, 02:06:55 PM »

hi joho happy to see you when i got my flu and covid shot i told that lady who did it how bad that shingle shot hurt me last year she said lots of people do not come back for second one i said i did not got a call said my second shot is due i said okay hung up said oh hell no! i have some predisone but i dont think i will try that for my painful arthur keep it for the dogs penny still doing okay itchy some redness but not pred ready come on freeze chiefs another down to the wire again a win is a win did the brownies win? i will get some tylenol when i order groceries tomorrow someone called jim about their really old furnace sent him a picture old lots of rust wants jim to fix it but jim told him pretty old pretty rusty will look but maybe cant fix i would get a new one be safe
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

« Reply #28901 on: Yesterday at 05:06:25 AM »

hi you guys its 62 clear cali not feeling well so i am stressed over that and got ac work to do and on and on

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/59055D5894A5?z=0

johoward

« Reply #28902 on: Yesterday at 08:52:08 AM »

5:27 oh well.  Good morning.  Very nice again.  66 and cloudy at 9:40.  Good bike weather, but it is getting boring.  We need some variety here. Duh!
Went to rehab.  Saw a teenager who knew everything.  He was very confident, and I think competent too.  So I made a list of follow up appointments with his group.  I really want to be able to walk more than a quarter mile comfortably. Right now I hurt at about one eighth mile.
Karen's hip and shoulder pains were diagnosed as bursitis.  She is now taking prednisone and tylenol.  So I think she will be ok.  She had unstable gate and could not raise her arm above her head due to shoulder pain.  It spasmed and hurt a lot even while she was seated and relaxed.
Cal, the dog shames are again a big hit thanks.  "Pick it up" LOL!!!!
Bye now EV1 GBU, Israel, Ukraine, and all who are suffering.

calihoula

« Reply #28903 on: Yesterday at 01:41:12 PM »

This crow couple has been together for more
than 12 years. She broke her beak 8 years
ago in a collision with a car. He has patiently
fed her and loved her since. They have
babies every year and she is an affectionate
mother, and the entire flock protect her.

(Wolf Hollow Wildlife Rehabilitation Center)

johoward

« Reply #28904 on: Today at 04:20:32 AM »

AWWWW!!!   What a nice story to wake up to on the early morning I have to go take a truck load of dogs to the vet.  Thanks Cal. GM EV1 GBU this morning.  Hope you all have a good safe day.
Bye now GTG