Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1112543 times)

johoward

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #28875 on: September 09, 2024, 02:19:58 PM »

no sadly.  Our very high priced crippled quarterback is not good. They would do more good if they gave his exorbitant salary to the SPCA, or march of dimes or feed the children or anything else.
I got the flu shot, but have to wait until they get some in for covid shot.
Cousin Alice's card is in the mail.  Mine too.  I am not familiar with rsv shot.  Except that Karen has gotten one in the past.  Is that a girly shot? My doctor, that I rarely see, never mentioned it. You be sure to ask your implant doctor for a scrip. Tell him Walmart said so.  LOL
I heard Tom Brady on the tv a lot.  I think he may do well after while, because he knows so much about football.  I don't care for his voice much though.  Maybe I will get used to it.
Just looked in on the only good animal cam left.  I see several nice big wild turkies pecking around on the ground.  These are a group of single young males.  They will stick together through Fall and Winter.  Then compete for hens in April.
CUL EV1 GBU and Alice too.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2024, 02:27:31 PM by johoward »

calihoula

« Reply #28876 on: September 09, 2024, 02:39:45 PM »

Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) Immunizations
Pronounced (sin-SISH-uhl or RSV)

Print
Respiratory syncytial (sin-SISH-uhl) virus, or RSV, is a common respiratory virus that usually causes mild, cold-like symptoms. Most people recover in a week or two, but RSV can be serious. Infants and older adults are more likely to develop severe RSV and need hospitalization. Vaccines are available to protect older adults from severe RSV. Vaccines for pregnant people or monoclonal antibody products are available to protect infants and young children from severe RSV.

CDC Recommendations
Adults ages 60 years and older

CDC recommends an RSV vaccine for everyone ages 75 and older and adults ages 60-74 at increased risk of severe RSV.
Adults 60-74 who are at increased risk include those with chronic heart or lung disease, certain other chronic medical conditions, and those who are residents of nursing homes or other long-term care facilities.
RSV vaccine is not currently an annual vaccine, meaning older adults do not need to get a dose every RSV season. That means if you have already gotten an RSV vaccine, you do not need to get another one at this time.
The best time to get vaccinated is in late summer and early fall — just before RSV usually starts to spread in the community.
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #28877 on: September 09, 2024, 02:50:35 PM »

joho i dont care for watson either im so happy coach reid passed on him and went with patrick mahomes back when!  watson said this i saw Cleveland Browns QB Deshaun Watson addresses lackluster season opener: 'You've got to execute, and we didn't do that' Watson proved ineffective in his first start since undergoing season-ending shoulder surgery.

lol i will ask dr foster for that script and yes ill tell him walmart said so i saw brady on tv early this morning i said to cali oh now he will be a broadcaster i did not watch him much playing football hope i dont see him in the broad casting booth although he is an old goat i like goats https://youtu.be/Lp-x-ozdFLM?si=CFklxwvv8quYhkwm

alice xoxo
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #28878 on: September 10, 2024, 05:25:45 AM »

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #28879 on: September 10, 2024, 11:04:21 AM »

5:28 great.  Debbi says she likes the dog shame a lot.  Keep em coming.
Very nice day today.  Had a good dinner with Karen last night.  We went to try out a Bob Evan's in Amherst to see if they are still good place since they are no longer owned by Bob Evans.  FYI they are good.  Karen got a fish dinner and I got a big Chicken cranberry salad.  I brought home a big bag of left overs and rolls including some banana nut bread and honey.  We will go back here. Karen wants to share her TV tonight while Kamala is on with Trump.  She bought some fancy marinated chicken breast on a skewer to grille for dinner.  I will bring a nice green pepper and onion for a salad.
Now I need to try to get a sample ballot from my board of elections to review for my precinct.
I like goats too.  They are my favorites to pet at the fair, and everyone around here knows it.
 CUL EV1.  GBU, Israel, Ukraine, Cousin Alice (whose card is in the mail), and all who are suffering today.

calhound

« Reply #28880 on: September 11, 2024, 05:41:22 AM »

hi you guys its 52 here clear may get some clouds cause of that hurricane  Hurricane Francine is expected to intensify further ahead of a Louisiana landfall Wednesday. Storm surge, flooding rainfall, damaging winds first i saw its path by houston tx my cousins live close to there i said to myself you could not pay me to live there. my cousin janice lived in kansas by polly and her son dil in by houston tx janices sister lives in austin and she needed to be close to them. we helped her moved her stuff into a big uhaul she hugged me tight said probably not see each other again but next year she flew back and stayed with her best friend in overland park ks and me and polly went to see her so you never know.

hi joho i did not know bob evans sold out i never eat out anymore but jim does. his remote garage door opener would not open his shop door he called company they came yesterday jim had to use his tractor to raise that big door. it has to be completely redone new everything 2500.00 he was telling them wow that is high but not really all redone i thought it would be 4 grand or more i said well do you want to go back to having to do it manually NO okay pay them old company sold out and this man bought it out and he said not put together right to begin with he guarantees his work too. your dinners with karen sound very good for you. i know you like the goats too. they just have so much personality i heard on my local news school shooting threat for richmond schools   :( they got the police there threat to shoot today. i could cry so sick of this i am so glad they arrested that last ones father who bought him an ak 15 assualt rifle he said kids were picking on him oh so you bought him an assault rifle he said his son does not make good judgements ok so you bought him an assault rifle. now kid is in jail facing murder charges and four others dead and you sit in jail

same as joho GBU Ukraine alice whose card is in the mail and all who are suffering

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/D5055D519BC8
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #28881 on: September 11, 2024, 10:30:24 AM »

8:21 Quite a challenge for me. It's my glasses I think.  I now have them off.
Alex, my niece's daughter sent a trail picture from hiking in Glacier National park.  She and her group were on a narrow trail and came upon a full curl big horn ram.  Nose to nose.  She said she had her bear bells and bear spray ready, but was not prepared for this ram.  I will text the picture to Cal.  It is vivid.
Karen gave us dinner again last night.  It was good.  She always puts out a lot of food.  We had chicken on a skewer off the grille.  Fried pierogis with sour cream and fried onions, and a big bowl of what I call California medley.  Lots of mixed vegetables. We played a little rummy after dinner while waiting for the debate. She won by a lot.
 We were both happy to see Kamala hold her own and defeat Trump face to face all through the debate. This morning the stock market went down a lot.  Share holders apparently think Kamala will win, and stocks will go down.  I think they are correct.  Lower stocks and higher wages for the working poor are ok with me.  GO KAMALA!!!!!

johoward

« Reply #28882 on: September 11, 2024, 10:40:44 AM »

Cal could you ask Amy if there are any pictures of the North Eagles coming to the rebuilt nest to eat the fish she left for them?  I was able to watch them rebuild the nest.  Thank her for that.  It was great. I was hoping the camera would stay on for a while, but it switched to highlights right away.
Thanks Johoward

calihoula

« Reply #28883 on: September 11, 2024, 12:31:36 PM »

Raptor Resource Project
September 7 at 10:23 AM  ·
The Norths appear to have accepted the net we built for them - we saw them last night and early this morning! That makes us five for five: we rebuilt N2 in 2015 (Mom and Dad until 2018, Mom and DM2 until fall of 2020), DNN in 2018 (Mr. North and new mate DNF), Fort St. Vrain in 2020 (Ma and Pa FSV), N1 in 2021 (HM and HD), and DNN (again) this fall.
If you'd like to know how we build a starter nest, we've got more here: https://www.raptorresource.org/2024/06/20/32297/, and if you'd like to see photos from the North nest rebuild, follow this link: https://www.raptorresource.org/.../decorah-north-nest.../.
So excited to see the Norths again! I hope this means we've sealed the deal... 😍🦅 🎉

calihoula

« Reply #28884 on: September 11, 2024, 12:59:54 PM »

hi joho i found this and i left a message for amy for you had to get groceries early and then this and that wow big horn ram and narrow path i would try a treat maybe say its me bear oh its me ram i will check phone later its off in my purse in my room behind my tv on my dresser i got to feed dogs then back to barn drive down to mailbox feed cats put out food for raccoonies tonight so forth wow so cool hiking there! good karen won at cards nice dinner again i did not watch debate last night slept tired i dont like to listen to people arguing but on radio driving to walmart said she did great got him off track rattled him i heard taylor swift endorsed kamala after debate she has got huge swifty following huge she said thought going for calm better than chaos heard he thinks he won

calhound

« Reply #28885 on: September 12, 2024, 05:08:28 AM »

hi you guys its 61 here clear  i watched some of the weather channel last night fell sleep saw francine hit orleans wow lots of rain wind i know its a hurricane.

hi joho that was some ram it was a little bit back did not look like ready to ram hope everyone was okay

i know the puzzles might of been harder i think you are ready for harder ones

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/FF055D50582C

johoward

« Reply #28886 on: September 12, 2024, 10:46:46 AM »

6.01 Wow 79 degrees already at 11:35 am.  Gonna be a scorcher again. I have my biking blaze orange shirt on, but never went outside yet.  Have to go to mailbox down the street soon.  Will ride bike around the block then.
I am glad I live here near Lake Erie where we do not get eye walls and super floods or whatever they are called like they do in the Gulf states.
Yay Kamala.  Now find a good way to make it clear that our many price pains are not your fault, as the lying TV ads are saying every day, but an effective way for the GOP CEOs to hurt us and blame you, and you are in!!!
CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, Ukraine, and those in need today.

johoward

« Reply #28887 on: September 12, 2024, 11:27:33 AM »

Thanks Cal,  I did see the video where the eagles visited the new North nest.  I am very hopeful they will again adopt our latest suggested breeding site.  They are wild after all, and free to roam.
Hope all are well.
Johoward,
 your friend in Ohio

calhound

« Reply #28888 on: September 13, 2024, 05:26:26 AM »

Raptor Resource Project
  ·
Missing the Mississippi Flyway cam? It will be back online this evening! It took six days of work and a lot of mud, but we're back, baby! https://www.raptorresource.org/birdcams/flyway-cam/
A thousand thanks to Schafer's Marine Services for providing the boat that got us and all the gear out there!

calhound

« Reply #28889 on: September 13, 2024, 05:38:25 AM »

hi you guys its 62 here cloudy men came yesterday at 3 pm to fix jims shops garage door i did my chores got done at almost 6 went to my room i saw a new door opener laying on kitchen counter earlier guess they finally got it done. big door to open up

hi joho looks like maybe those eagles will adopt that nest for awhile like you said they are free to change homes well not when they got little ones to care for my friend missy her daughter had her baby a girl now missy is a grandmother and she is thrilled. her mom a great grandma and she is thrilled.  everyone is thrilled. they have lots of dogs hope they are thrilled. hope all is well with you too your friend in missouri

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/82055D5352EE