Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1092293 times)

johoward

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #28845 on: August 31, 2024, 07:27:23 AM »

Sorry Cal. I am sad for you and Sookie too.  I am pretty sure she had the best life she could have with you.
I have to go to my sister Patties celebration of life today at noon with Debbie and cousin Tammy.  So we will both be sad today. GBU
« Last Edit: August 31, 2024, 10:50:30 AM by johoward »

johoward

« Reply #28846 on: August 31, 2024, 11:04:03 AM »

7:16 was hard for me.  Not sure why.  Nervous, Debbie is due soon and I am rushing.
Will say bye now and GBU all.

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #28847 on: September 01, 2024, 05:26:38 AM »

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #28848 on: September 01, 2024, 09:30:23 AM »

Cal, Sorry about your cat. 18 years is a long time.

johoward

« Reply #28849 on: September 01, 2024, 04:28:39 PM »

8:23 Yes Happy Labor Day.  Went to Meijers store today to try to use MPerks.  I been trying for three years to figure out how to benefit from this "Reward" program.  It is so hard to manuver, I have not benefitted once yet.  I have tried very hard to do what they all want me to go. Each time I go to the store I learn a new twist that I should have known at the beginning. Today I got a text out of the blue wanting to know how I liked MPerks.  I almost choked as I threw up in my mouth/  At the store I did what they told me to do last time.  When I checked my bill I did not see any of the savings that I came there for.  Especially Campbells soup for $1.00.  As you know by now, that is my price.  On the shelf it said 4 for $4.00.  On the bill it said $1.35 each.  So I asked what is up.  She says go see that man over at service.  What do you know, it is my old friend TITO who, on his own, got me into an account by himself about a year ago.  I mean he did it all. put in email, password, code, all. 
Then I went away and it never worked again.  So I whined to him again for a while.  Finally we gave up trying to get my account to work the way he wanted it too, and he just gave me back $4.00, because that is what the tiny print under the add item told him to give " $2.00 for 4".  I had 8.
  I still don't know how to use MPerks.
 I just finished an email survey telling Meijer's just what I think of their perks.  I came back to tell you what I did.
CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, Ukraine, and all who are suffering.  Especially those being duped by the phony inflation the Trumpets are always trumpeting while lining their pockets with our food money.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2024, 05:05:04 PM by johoward »

calhound

« Reply #28850 on: September 02, 2024, 05:25:24 AM »

Anxiety Heightens - UPDATE September 1, 2024

Cub in White Pine
Two gunshots within a mile of here on the opening day of bear hunting stirs anxiety. We wonder who we won’t see again. No news, though. Shooting hours are over now. Hoping for the best. The silhouetted cub is from a nice moment this morning. Crossing our fingers for luck over the next couple weeks.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #28851 on: September 02, 2024, 05:45:56 AM »

hi you guys its 52 here i will be not reading any updates for awhile i knew this was coming comes every year on sept 1 after a couple of weeks yes stupid hunters go on to kill something else. What a sad line who we wont be seeing anymore.  I wont be seeing my Sookie cat anymore. Many will not get to see someone they love anymore.

hi joho i know i would just forget that perks deal does not sound like a deal sounds like additional headache i dont need something like that.  I got other stuff to worry about.  I hope after this election everything will let up. I saw on my local news gas prices around here are fifty cent cheaper than last year so that is one thing helps jim who drives pretty far to work and back ford has has 4 days work week for quite awhile so that helps too. how was the boat ride?

Hi paulie she was fine cant really talk about it yet her two kids are 17 and both seem fine but you know....

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/90055D4CDCC2?z=0

johoward

« Reply #28852 on: September 02, 2024, 08:24:10 AM »

Hi EV1 Happy Labor Day/  Autumn is here today.  High of 70.  We will go to the great Geauga County Fair.  We did have a wonderful ride up the Cuyahoga River on the boat ride.  Lots of excitement when the Blue Angels flew over us very low.  We did have to wait a few minutes on the pier to board the boat.  So of course we had to have a real soaking downpour just on us and just for the short time we waited in the open.  Everyone was dripping.  Poor Stacy, our guide, was soaked.  Her shoulder length salt and pepper hair was at it's worst ever.  I jokingly observed as much.  She smiled and said at least she has hair.  That shut me up, because I don't.  Yes it was a very good day.
Karen will go with me to the fair.  Debbie will go with her Ex John and the two boys to the lake near Cleveland where they can see the air show.  Seems odd to be so cold that they may need jackets near the lake.
I got a call from Laura Nichols on Sat.  They were on their way back to South Carolina from the Bear course with Doc. They were with me last year at the WRI.  They too went back for a second time. They were not disappointed for bears.  Lots of bears came for food, because the mast is scant this year.  I sent them our class photo that Judy Thon sent me.  Maybe they will send me theirs.
I did do the puzzle.  Then I lost my time by going to another screen.  I see that the avg is only 4:21 and would include my time.  So I must have done close to that.
Bye for now EV1 GBU and all who are suffering.

calihoula

« Reply #28853 on: September 02, 2024, 08:43:16 AM »

hi joho im getting ready to order groceries pickup tomorrow morning at 7am will go over to harps no pickup walk it i stopped here first laughing at stacy your wet at least i got hair guide so funny hope you and karen have fun at fair and debbie and her crew at lake indy is out in his pasture its nice here so far penny has not gone into full fledge skin rash requires her on predisone till first freeze she had a touch of it i turned our ac down to 69 she cleared up pred makes her thirsty and she pees alot aalottt. gotta order my stuff
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

« Reply #28854 on: September 03, 2024, 05:29:24 AM »

A Quiet Day - UPDATE September 2, 2024

Snowball
After two unidentified juveniles were taken yesterday, we’ve heard no shots today and are crossing our fingers in hopes that the bears yesterday do not include valuable, treasured bears that we know and would badly miss, would be missed by others, and would be lost from research and education that can only be done with trusting bears. Today, Cindy Lopez took a super picture of Snowball fattening up for winter. She is the great, great, granddaughter of Shadow (Shadow, June, Jewel, Andrea, Snowball), showing good lineage. Shadow was the matriarch of the local bear clan and is the second oldest black bear on record. June was one of the top research bears here, alongside Lily, and is the bear in many of the videos in the North American Bear Center. Jewel, with Lily, is one of the two main den cam bears. And Andrea is starting off good having three cubs at the age of three, beating all her ancestors in that.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #28855 on: September 03, 2024, 05:45:36 AM »

hi you guys its 53 i gotta pick up groceries in an half hour jim left to get his colon test i saw the first line of that bear update so what if maybe not known little bears still dead  still....

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/FF055D56685C

johoward

« Reply #28856 on: September 03, 2024, 07:35:38 AM »

4:57 Not too shabby for me.  Coffee and cereal on board.  Wil go out biking soon to build back muscles so I can walk without pain.  Doctor says it is not hips that are damaged .  It is back  needs toning.  Which really means belly is too big.  Darn !  I love to eat.
Boat ride was a real treat.  Yesterday we went to the Burton Fair, and saw more horse activity than I usually see in a year.  We left the fair grounds way before I wanted too, but this was Karen's first visit there, and she got tired.  She is a city girl from the Eastside.  We visited her mom's grave, her childhood neighborhood, her daughter's project house, and her twin sister Sharon's home on our way back.  She was very happy.
I got a nice class picture of the last bear course of 2024.  It shows a couple from South Carolina that were with me there last year, and also went for a second time this year.  I am glad to hear from them and see their picture with Doc.  Bear courser alumni are a clan. LOL
Well, i will leave you now to get my day started. No real plans, except a trip to get my rare Trulicity, and some bike time in the cool.  It was only 45 degrees.  Now it says 57 degrees, but does not feel like it.
Bye now.  CUL EV! GBU, Israel, Ukraine, and all who are suffering.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2024, 07:41:07 AM by johoward »

calhound

« Reply #28857 on: September 04, 2024, 05:21:49 AM »

hi you guys its 53  here clear 54 in iceland and rain  i saw sat morning 49 also saw almost 90 and humid for tomorrow. summer needs to let go

hi joho that is nice weather 45 and nice you took karen to see all her places. sure that did make her happy sure was tired too from the burton fair. amazing all the stuff i did when i was young and in good shape. amazing what all you can still do joho!

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/B4055D5CA01A?z=0

calhound

« Reply #28858 on: September 04, 2024, 02:25:04 PM »

johoward

« Reply #28859 on: September 04, 2024, 04:40:25 PM »

4:33 WOW! best ever I think.  Very nice day here all day.  Went to Oberlin to release 50 monarchs.  Audubon society sponsored this.  Then went into Oberlin for lunch in a little cafe.  It was good too. Then went to my car and found the doors locked with the keys in the console change tray.  Great.  Called around and finally an old friend says get the police to open your door.  I did, and they did, and every thing was good again.  Now I will go act like Cal's cloud.  I made a slow cooked roast with all the veggies, and it is done.  I think Karen will come soon and help me eat it.
That is all I have to say about that. CUL EV1 GBU , Israel, Ukraine and all those suffering.