Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1112548 times)

johoward

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #28815 on: August 21, 2024, 08:12:12 PM »

Wow 4:36 Was a great day today. Had a nice relaxing ride from Peninsula to Akron and back with a lot of happy but tired people.  The train was comfy.  The views wre mostly leaves with very rare homes and fields etc. Lots of walking due to the parking situated at one end of the train and the boarding at the other end . One 87 year old woman wanted to use a wheelchair to get to her car, but the railroad said "no"!  I could not believe it, since they stopped the train twice to allow tired bikers to board and loaded their bikes into a box car for them. Then for on 5 dollars they took them all the way to end where there car was waiting. The bikers were using a nice trail along the old canal.
Well got home at about 7 and went to sleep.  We did have a nice dinner in Peninsula at Fisher's Cafe.
Well now I am going to rest up for tomorrow when I will go again to the Fair.  Karen will not go.
Tonight she wants to watch the Democratic Convention.  I have seen enough and will go to bed instead.
GBU all and Israel, and Ukraine too.

johoward

« Reply #28816 on: August 21, 2024, 10:14:23 PM »

There are 8 racoons and a porcupine on Snow right now, but I am tired .  So GN EV1.

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #28817 on: August 22, 2024, 06:00:13 AM »

hi you guys its 57 here i got out before raccoonies woke up when i got in the barn i dumped the dry dog food told indy hold on boy and then raccoonies stumbled out of the hay tunnels eating dry food one followed me back to indy got cookies had 3 moms and 6 kids when i went out saw three more and jim heading to the barn he had his bowl of cookies for them.

hi joho well after reading all that walking due to parking lot situation i dont know about riding that train and could not let a 87 old woman use a wheelchair.  i thought laws against that nice help out the bikers for a price but a wheelchair i will just watch trains on pbs thanks for telling about it. i did not watch any of dem convention did not watch any convention i watched some shows i had taped awhile back the Connors. i have like a bunch of them two seasons worth some of the shows i laughed out loud. i cant believe all the weight john goodman has lost. show doing just fine without roseanne i think.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/25055D5A3261
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #28818 on: August 22, 2024, 11:14:58 AM »

6:13 on the car Pizza. Cold out this morning.  I put off going to the fair until soon to let it warm up bit.
Thinking I will eat some leftover tuna salad before I go.  Then get some food at the fair later while watching some dog agility in the show barn. Of course I will visit the goats just to pet a few.
 I will be on my own, but that is ok.  I will take my walker and it will be fine.
 Going to class brunch tomorrow.  Our coordinator Betty tells me she took a tumble on concrete about 5 weeks ago and is still healing.  No broken bones, but lots of bruising.  This is the second serious fall she has had in the last two years.  Her last fall was worse.  She laid in her front yard for a long time with a broken bones.  Then just went into her home with the help of a neighbor.  Finally the next day she called for the squad. This time she got home on her own, then called the squad.  After some first aid they just told her to go and be more careful.  Of course she had no way to go any where and need a support of some kind to stand up.  After she pointed this out to the doctor she got a walker and called her daughter to get her home.  Sometimes we are too independent for our own good. I will be glad to see her tomorrow.
Now to get ready and go to the fair.  Very nice out now.  Bye EV1 GBU, Israel, Ukraine and those in need.

GO KAMALA!!!!!!

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #28819 on: August 22, 2024, 07:42:03 PM »

Hi cal, I haven't been to Forum for a week so just did a quick read here. Oh my to your cat and the mouse!! That's nauseating for sure. Good no poison for Sweetness.

I still have to email ra too.

calhound

« Reply #28820 on: August 23, 2024, 05:34:31 AM »

hi you guys i think it is 65 here it is in the barn some later today back up in heat and i saw sunday 100 without real feel said it would be like 106 jim and i are going to take one of my moms cat to vet at 9 am this morning she has i believe an abscess on her right cheek ralphie who is almost blind loves her but sometimes she runs up to him and rubs on his face scares him and he pops her one i think that happened and it got infected not sure but i do think that she does not like to be picked up never did she eats on the top of the stairs with ralphie and Pulver so i am hoping to reach over and grabbed her and pull her up and turn put her into the carrier all big ifs i dont get around well i can pet her jim cannot so it has to be me. i am getting ready to let penny and brownie out then feed her and try to get her. if i fail i will have another chance before we have to leave if i cant then i just cant she is eating and seems okay but that knot on her cheek really got big

hi paulie i am happy you are okay i was getting worried it was sad about that mouse but sweetness is okay we do not put poison at all anywhere.

hi joho

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/C8055D5D24E6?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #28821 on: August 23, 2024, 07:57:53 AM »

7:12 Watery eyes again.  Slows me down, but not uncomfortable.
Nice dew out this morning.  Reminds me of our honeymoon days.  I love it, but feel a little sad I am alone this morning.  Poor me. Sob Sob Sob. So what's new about that?  LOL  I will live. 
 Lunch at 11:30 today at Olive Garden with 4 remaining classmates will help.
Did get to the fair yesterday on my own all day.  Ended up in the show barn with the 4H agility dog show.  It was some what disorganized.  They used up most of their time raising and lowering the hazards and jumps for dog size instead of grouping the line up by size as I usually see done. Unfortunately the high light was when the tallest dog, a Malinois police dog, showed some of his previous training by turning on his handler after falling off the side of the ramp, and tearing her sleeve off her arm.  I think he mistook her long black sleeve for the padding he was used to biting into.  There was some blood too.  They may have been disqualified.
Exciting , but scary too.
Did not see Karen all day. She does not like the animal part of the fair.  She knows where they go from here.  She was busy with chores all day.  I am sure she tuned in to watch the convention.  I did send her a trial text with a few audio seconds of a Johnny Cash sound alike from the fair.  She said it came through ok.  He did sound good, and was all in black with long black hair.  Large crowd for his show which was part of the free entertainment.
OK now my second cup is cold.  So I will say cul EV1 GBU

calhound

« Reply #28822 on: August 24, 2024, 06:03:34 AM »

hi you guys its 70 here but will be very hot later today 100 and then hotter tomorrow and sunday and monday tues sick of this

hi joho i was drinking my pop and almost choked reading your post yesterday laughing that dog police dog i am happy no one was really hurt bad and i would think yes maybe disqualified yesterday morning i feed my basement cats on the top step like i always do pinky one i wanted she eats on second step big fat pulver on top alone pinky and ralphie on second step. lots of step too. i was afraid had the carrier right there i reached over she was eating and grabbed her by her neck picked her up first she was in shock cause never did that i turned around and had to bend down to put her in the cage i had put the dogs out in the yard she fought me and getting loose i got her tail and was holding it and i manage to turned that cage upright and was working on dropping her inside the cage  how and i dont now how she was fighting me got in there shut that door locked it i was shaking happy she was in. once in i put her in the living room and she did not cry anymore just sat there looking at the tv. we got to the vet jim told me to head on up there he parked had to park far away tons of cars trucks there  i heard a big dog looked over and huge great dane was in a big metal carrier deal on a trailer and man in truck to it had two more danes in his trucks . i went in checked pinky in and one of docs exam room doors open and wow wee a huge irish wolf hound came out i had never seen one in person i dont think biggest dog they say and but really our english mastiff were bigger bigger with body weight and wiggie and drama well wiggie for sure just as tall but that wolf hound was impressive cool looking dog. megan told me that great dane man has more than 3 they have 8 of them i said to jim later puppy mill stuff. the dogs looked good and getting their shots and stuff so taken care of. megan yes they bred them but then kept them could not part with them so not a puppy mill yay they own 8 great danes. doc looked at pinky and her knot on her cheek is a cyst and he cant do the surgery till monday at 8;30 350.00 i was upset cause have to catch her again jim paid that 350.00 so already paid for and made an appt for indy to get his shots nov 8th so we left got home let pinky out yesterday she would not come up the steps to eat if i was there. i doubt i will be able to catch like that again and jim sure cant this morning she was on the steps i fed all three and i was patting her on her back while she ate well she aint having that so i just left the food and did not try to pat her. out in the barn this morning i saw the live trap we use to get those kittens last year  i am thinking of trying that on her. i know i have only one shot with it she will not be fooled again with it.  very stressful if i cant get her then i cant have to wait maybe a few months pitfall of some cats

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/9F055D5A50D4?z=0

johoward

« Reply #28823 on: August 24, 2024, 07:09:21 PM »

6:11 Not been out yet today.  Not even to get my mail and paper for morning.  Did not see anyone all day yesterday or today. I just watched TV and ate all day.
 On Monday morning I will drive 4 dogs and 16 cats to the vet in Kent from ARF in Columbia Station to get fixed.  Then they can be adopted Debbie says.
Karen is staying over at her girl's house  tonight.
I might go to the fair tomorrow.  Might not.
Well sounds like your one cat is a lot more of a challenge than my 8, because I have help.  I just drive the van.
Will say good nigh now and GBU all.  GO KAMALA!!!!

calhound

« Reply #28824 on: August 25, 2024, 06:21:00 AM »

hi you guys its 74 here be over 100 today i gave my cat a whole sedative at 4 am i need to check and see if she will let me pet her again. i am stressed out over this she has to be there tomorrow at 8;30 am she does not seem to be in any pain eating well just that cyst on her cheek and it is getting bigger jim says he can get her with a sleeping bag well jim if you should be able to get close enough to her to throw that over her and she sleeps right next to big pulver and she does not claw you cause your pain level is zero and she nails you you will blow up screw the cat im done you would have to put her and that whole sleeping bag in that carrier. dont see that my biggest hope i think at this point catching her in that live trap. no one gets hurts if i cant get her then surgery will have to wait for a few months. next time i get her dr better just plan on taking off that cyst. i am hoping when i check in when i get done her she will at least let me come near her again.

hi joho i sure do wish someone could get her for me good luck with all of yours and yes nice you have help and the help knows how to help

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/72055D594BD8

johoward

« Reply #28825 on: August 25, 2024, 11:54:58 AM »

6:36 Good morning EV1 Finally took time to do it. Ate lunch at the same time. Very nice day after a little shower at dawn.
Going to the fair soon.  I will stop to see Bonnie on my way.  She loves the fair, but can't go there anymore.  It's sad to think of how much she loved the fair.  I will go for her, but not tell her unless she brings it up.  Maybe Annie will be with her too.
 Well, bye for now EV!.  GBU all.

johoward

« Reply #28826 on: August 26, 2024, 04:30:43 AM »

It is % am over here.  I been up an hour already.  Could not sleep.  Woke up every hour or so all night.  I probably should tell them I can only do afternoon trips.  Due to sleeplessness, but I won't.  I will try to adjust and make sure someone takes the animals early.  Even if it is me.
Eyes will not quit being gritty this morning.  I already washed them out and put in drops for dry eye.  It is not working.  I will put in some allergy drops in a while to see if they work better.  I really do not like putting drops in my eyes.  I sure wish I could get a decent diagnosis.
Had a fair time at the fair after visiting Bonnie and Annie at Keystone Point. It really was too hot for comfort. Everyone seemed a little testy.  My favorite vendor, the peanut lady and her husband got into an altercation that needed the sheriff while tearing down their trailer.  I would have got involved if it had lasted a few seconds longer.  She was going to separate two men.  I would have helped her, but the sheriff was right there.  She seemed to have a chip on her shoulder this year.  I am not sure why.  I complimented her on keeping her price at $3 while all the other vendors copied the Republican's plan of putting the hurt on everyone  I mean $4 hotdogs.  $10 polish and Italian sausage sandwiches. $5,$8,$12 fries.  WTH?  Come on.  I saw so many families telling kids "no" to this and "no" to that.  It was slickening 
Did not see Karen all weekend, and I don't like it.  I will see her tonight, because she wants to go watch a showing of Mama Mia at her lodge.  I avoided the lodge for 14 years while I lived there, but for her I will go this time and see what happens.  It might be a good experience, but to start with we do not have a dinner plan that works for each of us. SOOOO?  I am thinking, maybe I will get a pizza for us an hour before the movie.
Bye now EV1.  Time to start getting ready for the road. GBU EV1 and GB Israel, Ukraine and all those in need.

calhound

« Reply #28827 on: August 26, 2024, 05:52:02 AM »

hi you guys its 76 here humid i gave pinky a sedative yesterday at almost 5 pm when i gave the other one yesterday to see how long it took to work it took 5 hours i stayed went to check at 7;30 she was sleeping on the recliner downstairs with ralphie on side and pulver on the other. they love her. i put the carrier right next to the chair upright and she was really sleeping i picked her up she woke up and i slide right into the carrier. then i sat it back and got jim she slept in the living room with the tv on all night. i went on to bed i been reading on this big cyst on her cheek. i hope she does not die sob very worried it does not seem to bother her so i dont know if i am doing the right thing listening to jim and getting it off this vet i worry he could help sweets jim said if you dont want her to go then she wont. i told him ask him if he thinks she will be okay if he thinks it is cancer just send her back home cause she purrs and eats great uses the bathroom and loves those boys back. she goes to get check in at 8;30 first one he does . please keep her safe god

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/14055D592912

johoward

« Reply #28828 on: August 26, 2024, 04:40:57 PM »

5:42.  It is too hot here today. Even the house is heating up and feeling sweaty.
Going to outdoor movie, but kind of dreading it for a lot of reasons.  The good part is I will be with Karen. Now I need to get started . Bye for now.
All the animals got to where they needed to go.  So some good happened.  I pray for the cat Cal to simply have an abscess for Dr. Pimple Popper to pop. Why one day is better for this than another I wonder?
Bye for now EV1 GBU.

calhound

« Reply #28829 on: August 27, 2024, 05:37:59 AM »

hi you guys its 77 here humid another 100 day

hi joho good you got your animals where they needed to go so hot here last thing i would want to do is something that i have to stay outside for in this heat humidity last thing indy wants to do too he likes his ac barn pretty good he likes to kneel down on the ground and sleep dream of me coming out with cookies.  so my cat did very good. it was not an abscess but a cyst i told them she also had on top of her head small one he got them both said cyst not cancer at all  one big one was on her cheek and one small on her head. he asked jim he wanted them jm said yes i would want to see them and i did. minute i saw them i knew not cancer at all. i put that baggie in freezer will take a picture later and post it show you. her face looks so much better with that gone. he gave her a pain shot that last 3 days. she was still wobbly so i left her in the carrier did my chores later saw she was wide awake so took her downstairs those boys missed her alot. she came out used her litter box looked around got a drink then up the stairs cause i feed them there. she ate and then she went back down got on the recliner and went to sleep boys got up there with her. this morning she was at the top of the stairs food food so i fed her. i hope you did okay at the outdoor movie. our air here is very poor weather man says. i got to pick up groceries in an hour need to finish my chores

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/2F055D4DF5B8?z=0