Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1103716 times)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #28860 on: September 05, 2024, 05:48:47 AM »

hi you guys its 57 here but hot humid back later today in the high 90's but then back to cooler temps i am going to call my walmart pharmacy see if they got the flu shot then next monday morning i will go get it.

hi joho i have never locked my keys in my car but jim has his truck i got the spare key in my purse so i was able to open it for him i think once he did it at ford but truck was still under warranty and he called ford they unlocked it my car has that key code deal on the outside of drivers door if i did that i can punch in my code and unlocks door polly did that alot i told her when she totaled out a car to get that but she did not good she did not pass 4 driving test i felt bad at the time i knew she loved her car but she just cannot drive nice on the monarchs i read they get to a dry place when it rains cause it messing up their little wings.my mom had given me some butterfly houses i put them up.  i was reading about my barn swallows they took off for mexico day before i saw many of them lots all on our electric lines they were getting ready to head took their young with them new babies learn to fly and what a road trip. hope you and karen had a nice dinner.  chiefs play first game tonight at arrowhead against the baltimore ravens our weather man has said tailgating may have severe thunderstorms as a cold front moves in Go Chiefs!

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/60055D5C7A98?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #28861 on: September 05, 2024, 08:45:33 AM »

5:40 Nice morning.  Only 66 at 9:40 and sunny.  Will go out walking or biking.  Not sure which.  On my own all day today.  Dinner was OK.  Slow cooked in crockpot.  Not much flavor, but probably very healthy with all the veggies and lean meat.  Karen only stayed until 9 watching Rocky Mountain Vet.  So I got a good sleep.  Now ready to hit the bricks.  Bye EV1 GBU, Israel, Ukraine and all who are sufferring.

calhound

« Reply #28862 on: September 06, 2024, 06:15:33 AM »

hi you guys its 61 71 in the barn Yay Chiefs won home opener 27-20 it was a thriller i thought. And taylor was there i would hope so he came long ways to see her on her tour. i read in my town paper that missouri passed some new laws one was making it more of a crime hurting or worse a police dog real punishment now good should of been from day one should be on any animal really and anyone in missouri HB 2062 – Property Rights: Backyard Chickens, Eviction Moratorium Ban & More

Homeowner associations are no longer allowed to restrict the ownership of chickens in Missouri neighborhoods.

The legislation gives homeowners the freedom to raise, own and house up to six chickens. HOAs cannot prohibit single chicken coop structures, but can ban roosters or more than six chickens. Supporters hope that chickens can help enrich soil, control the bug population by eating them and provide family eggs

I am pretty sure some hoa's not liking this too bad they should live next to tim  i also saw in the obit someone i knew earl he was a long time friend to mom and dad davis i really liked him and his wife jo ann he was 90 him and jo ann been married 70 years

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/70055D5C4FDB?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #28863 on: September 06, 2024, 10:54:22 AM »

5:46 Yay!  I am average! tiny rain drops out this morning.  It is warmish at 71 degrees.  Debbie has the day off from baby sitting.  She is relaxing at home, and sounds happy.  Sent dog shame to Debbie and Karen.  Have not heard from Karen.  Debbie liked the game.
Wow!  Chiefs came through, but it was by a toe at the end. Yes a thriller.  I did not see Taylor. Darn!
Now I will say cul ev1, and go make lunch just because it is noon.  I am not really hungry due to the Trulicity I take.  That is how it works.  Makes you think you are full, but it can't fool me.  I go by the clock, and rarely miss a meal. LOL
 I am taking it for diabetes, not weight loss.  So it is ok I eat lunch.  My A1C is great.
Bye now. GBU
« Last Edit: September 06, 2024, 03:22:00 PM by johoward »

calihoula

« Reply #28864 on: September 06, 2024, 05:11:51 PM »

I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

« Reply #28865 on: September 07, 2024, 05:07:32 AM »

Sunrise, Sunset Hoping for No Shots - UPDATE September 6, 2024

Sunrise over Armstrong Lake
Emma Leighton-Jones from Wales snapped this beautiful sunrise over Armstrong Lake that is part of this community about the time we are dreading any sharp noises.

Sunset Woods Lake by Becky Reilly
Sunset Woods Lake by Becky Reilly

Becky Reilly from London, England took this nice sunset picture as we felt the relief of another day with no shots. We only know of the two juveniles shot on opening day (September 1) so far.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #28866 on: September 07, 2024, 05:13:29 AM »

hi you guys its 49 here 54 in iceland  61 in the barn

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/CA055D584F5B?z=0

johoward

« Reply #28867 on: September 07, 2024, 11:07:08 AM »

4:49 cool day, but dry.  Wasted the morning so far sleeping on the couch.  Finally got back with it now. Thanks Cal for catching me up.  Yay for the Chiefs.  I did enjoy that game a lot.  Especially the way it ended. Played some cards after Karen fed us last night.  I won big time again.  She is getting tired of losing to me, but I can't help winning.  It is in the cards as they say. LOL
When I gat home I made the mistake of turning on the TV.  Next thing I know it is after 2:30 and I am still up.  That is why I am late this morning.  Too much TV last night.
Update is brief, but good no shots lately.  Far away people sharing pictures with Doc and he with us. I saw these scenes while I was there with Debbie.  Oh I hear a lot of car noise outside my window.  The car meet must be breaking up.  I forgot I wanted to walk over and see the cars this morning.  Too late now.  Darn! You snooze you lose.
Bye for now.  I will pop over there.  It is close, and there may be a few left chatting.  They give free coffee and donuts.
GBU, Israel, Ukraine, and thos in need this day.

calhound

« Reply #28868 on: September 08, 2024, 05:40:45 AM »

hi you guys its 46 here clear had two raccoonies in the barn at first them more kids showed up i think they over slept asking me what time is it? oh time to eat! yay no update today no news is good news

Hi joho What is the car meet well they give free coffee and donuts nuff said!   :)

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/1D055D589F47

johoward

« Reply #28869 on: September 08, 2024, 09:04:49 AM »

5:23 Very cool out, but warming up some.  No rain.  We are in drought here.  Car Meet is where old men come and sit around in lawn chairs and talk about old cars  They sit in a circle and worry about if someone will scratch their restored car over there.  Toward the end they all rev the engines to show off the sound with glass packs or straight pipes.  Mine was a 1935 Ford with a Sears & Roebuck rebuilt v8 and straight pipes.  Wish I still had it. Sigh!!!!!
No plans for today.  I hate weekends.
 So glad you are here EV1.  Thanks again.
Bye now.  Happy Fall.  GBU, Israel, Ukraine, and those in need.

calihoula

« Reply #28870 on: September 08, 2024, 10:13:03 AM »

hi joho now i know what a car meet is im old but not an old man so i will just take a donut look at them cars guess i would like to here those engines too no sitting around talking about them. my two cars would be my 1968 triump spitfire and steves 1970 mach 1 428 course both stick shift long time before i had an automatic well there i go talking about old cars maybe i got some old man in me your old car cool i wish i had mine too i doubt i could get in and out of my spitfire it was a four cylinder mach was 8 cylinder i dont care for weekends either
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

« Reply #28871 on: September 09, 2024, 05:15:37 AM »

hi you guys its 49 here

hi joho my spitfire was a 1967 dont know why i said 68 it was red once i got it stuck in the snow and some guys stopped picked it up and moved it back on the road. 

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/06055D58491F

calhound

« Reply #28872 on: September 09, 2024, 06:11:16 AM »

joho i sent you an email

johoward

« Reply #28873 on: September 09, 2024, 09:07:20 AM »

7:38 Hard one for me. 61 and clear out now. 
I did get your email and answered it .  Sadly, this subject is all together too frequent for us these days.
May God Bless all who are suffering today.  Ease their pain God.  Bring comfort to them and to their supporters and friends.
We will all greatly miss those really great jokes and comments from Cousin Alice.  Hers were always the best.
Bye now EV1.  GBU, Israel, Ukraine, and the USA.  We need your guidance Lord.  Many are being led astray by lies and fake food inflation.  Apparently the plan is working.  A high percentage of Americans are of the opinion that Bidenomics is the cause of their suffering at the grocery, but it is not true.  Food and gas prices are up a lot just because the CEOs want us to suffer and blame those in office now.
My favorite example is Campbell's soup.  They were profitable at $.75 a can.  Then all of of sudden they raised the price to $1.79 a can for one reason.  To hurt us where we have no recourse.  I often watch the families shopping slowly through the soup shelves trying to get their food at reasonable cost.  Don't be fooled.  They got rid of Carter this way.  So they know it works.  Lets let them know we see what they are doing.  Tell everyone you can, because it takes a lot to offset the real pain at the pumps and grocery line caused by this fake inflation. Our candidates have stated this, but not as loudly or as often as I would like.  Every time I see that TV add telling me how much Biden added to my food cost I get mad.  It is just plain lying.
 Any group that has to rely on lies and hand picked judges to win elections does not deserve your support.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2024, 09:30:05 AM by johoward »

calihoula

« Reply #28874 on: September 09, 2024, 01:52:20 PM »

hi joho i went to walmart pharmacy early waited an half hour for them to open sitting on that bench i got my flu and covid shots told her do both same arm left one save right for chores she told me to ask my dr for prescription for rsv shot well okay only dr i see is dr foster my implant dr will ask him when i go back toward end of nov i got my card in the mail its on its way did the brownies win?