Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1112565 times)

johoward

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #28830 on: August 27, 2024, 07:16:02 AM »

6:28 That dog shame is great.  What a good sleeper he is. I did not go to the movie.  I thought it was too hot and too buggy.  Karen went and said she enjoyed it.  So I guess I was wrong.  Uh Oh.  I shared the dog shame with Debbie and Karen.  Debbie was impressed, Karen did not see it yet.
Nice out now, but not as nice as yesterday.  It was one of those beautiful mornings with no wind and with a mist everywhere for miles around.  I loved being up early to see it.
Will see the dentist at 11 this morning.  Just routine cleaning etc.  I hope I don't have to get a root canal like the last cleaning caused.  Now I am very apprehensive.  Darn!  My teeth were fine, and are fine now.  I feel like I should just skip the cleaning. Darn!
Well Odin is off to his first day at kindergarten.  He is all dressed in black like Johnny Cash, and will not change.   God bless him.  I hope he is not too warm.
Well time for coffee number two and final.  So CUL EV1 GBU Israel, Ukraine, and all who need it.

calihoula

« Reply #28831 on: August 27, 2024, 11:31:56 AM »

hi joho i picked up groceries drove over to harps went in got stuff heavy stuff came out this guy got out of his car walked over to me wanted to load my stuff i had two twenty lb cat litter and four sacks usually i say no its okay but i let him he said that cat litter is heavy my wife gets ours chewy i got four at walmart before i came here then i was low on gas so i got gas unloaded most stuff jim get litter and big sacks of dog food went down stairs to feed cats in bedroom mom cats came out did litter boxes pinkie girls talking to me from steps get up here i had wondered if she realized me putting in carrier was to get those cyst off. so i went up stairs said oh little girls your face looks so good she jumped up so her face could rub my hand.  :) i petted her and came up filled three plates of can cat food set down pulvers pinkies ralphie odin in black like elvis james dean johnny cash i hope he a fun day at school i thought learning was fun i thought that too no way would my dogs sleep in the rain wont even go out well i thought i had to pee but it can wait now snow yipee zoom out the door break over out to barn now oh joho i did not see the game but heard on radio this morning sal perez hit a grand slam against cleveland indians. we are one game back now
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #28832 on: August 27, 2024, 11:34:54 AM »

i forgot i dont get my teeth cleaned by dr plattes office when dr westman died desi she took a job elsewhere my cleaner jim gotten into with plattes cleaners said they are pretty bad you google him bad reviews on his help i been pretty much seeing dr foster implant dr. i kinda just see platte if tooth hurts
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #28833 on: August 27, 2024, 01:39:55 PM »

joho jim came home his dads buddy called his ac messed up it works but wants jim to look at it jim getting his teeth cleaned thursday right by buddys house he will go then place told jim his insurance will pay for three cleanings jim no it wont two so had them write out ins dont pay its free well ins did not pay he told dr platte showed note it was free jim said they make their money on cleaning good you did not see outside show they preach here stay where it is cool in this heat i told jim pinkie happy to see me rubbing her face on my hand he went downstairs came back up well she took off ran from me i said back to normal

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #28834 on: August 28, 2024, 05:19:30 AM »

Comforting Sightings - UPDATE August 27, 2024

Lily's 4 cubs
Guy
Guy
The day started with a call that Guy was sighted!. The picture shows the many gray hairs on his face as one would expect in his mid-twenties. Collen w/ 2 of 4 cubs
Collen w/ 2 of 4 cubs
We don’t know his exact age, but he is still the calm, trusting bear he has been since we got to know him in 2007. Always a treat.

Another treat recently was time spent with 21-year-old Colleen and her four cubs. The picture shows her with two of them. Course participant Elaine Bailey-Anderson got a nice picture of another one high in a white pine using a lens that reaches farther than any that I have. Good shot, Elaine!! Glad you were there with your camera to get it.

Lily
Lily

Last but not least was an ultra-exciting call that Lily and her four cubs (3 males and a female) were spotted. We hurried over, saw Lily and her cubs as she was leaving, and reveled in our luck even though we didn’t get to interact with her.

Cub in white pine
Cub in white pine by ElaineBA

It is always nice to see these wonderful bears, how they're doing and how their cubs are growing. These bears made us happy that they are all looking fit and healthy.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #28835 on: August 28, 2024, 05:30:04 AM »

hi you guys its 72 here i think maybe couple more days of this heat then in the 80's this weekend. nice update great pictures i think bear murdering season starts in just a few days sept 1 makes me sick does not end till middle of oct god please keep the bears safe  great to see Guy! now all you bears stay with dr rogers or go hide cant see a bear denning up for the winter in this heat unless they got some ac. maybe too hot for hunters too. found this
In 2024, Minnesota's bear hunting season will begin on Sunday, September 1 and end on Sunday, October 13. Legal shooting hours are from 30 minutes before sunrise to 30 minutes after sunset.
Hunters in north-central and northeastern Minnesota can apply for a license to hunt black bears. The application deadline for 2024 was Friday, May 3, and could be done online, by phone, or at a license agent. Lottery winners were notified on June 1 and had to purchase their tags by August 1. Any remaining licenses were sold over the counter starting at noon on August 6.
The number of animals that can be harvested each year depends on the population trends for the zone. Hunters are allowed to take one bear per season and are reminded not to shoot bears with radio collars. 

well they did shoot and kill june jewels mom and she had that radio collar on why they shot her cause of that collar so i am happy no more collars and i know many who are happy about that too. 

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/03055D523CA1
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #28836 on: August 28, 2024, 07:29:43 AM »

4:26 I did great.  Guess I know what a bear looks like.  Seemed to help out.
Did not do much yesterday.  Just the dentist for cleaning.  I told them about our trip to see and feed the bears in Ely.  They were impressed.  Told them look up Bear.org.
Soon I will go to get cereal at Walmart and some stuff at Drugmart on sale.  Then after lunch I will go see hip doctor.  I can't walk very far without my walker.  Don't know why.  Main doctor guessed bone on bone in hips.  We will see.
Eyes are still watery most of the time.  Drops do not seem to make much difference.  In fact I have not found anything to make them not be runny.  I have tried a lot of things.
OK now It is 8:30.  The rain has stopped.  I will go to walmart, who is open I think, then drugmart who opens at 9. Need to get ready now.  So CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, Ukraine and all in need.  Especially Larry, Karen's BIL.

calhound

« Reply #28837 on: August 28, 2024, 12:51:19 PM »

Cyst removed in my and my moms cat cheek and back of her head big one cheek small on back of her head and he did not charge us for the removal of the smaller one. When i called to thank him she said he did not charge for smaller one cause he felt bad about sweets. sob i sobbed would rather paid for both her cyst and he been able to treat sweets.

johoward

« Reply #28838 on: August 28, 2024, 05:12:56 PM »

WOW! Cal, thanks for sharing your cysts.
 My bone surgeon said I have to have rehab on my back.  Hips, when bad, hurt in the front and my pain is in the lower back off to each side.  So I will go to rehab for a while I guess, and also start riding my bike a lot like I used to. Thinking of doing some swimming too.  I have two hernias.  So sit-ups to strengthen my belly is out.  Probably what I need most. I may try some sit-ups with a kidney belt for support.  We will see.
Nothing on schedule for tomorrow, but on Friday Karen and I are going to take a scenic trip on the Goodtime !!! in Cleveland.
 Glad it is not today since it is so hot.
Bye now.

calhound

« Reply #28839 on: August 29, 2024, 05:28:54 AM »

hi you guys its 75 here humid but i think last day in the lower 90s maybe upper 80s almost sept so temp will be dropping soon i hope.

hi joho my right hip has alot of pain and its like i cant lift it up to go forward but i too have lots of pain in lower back. hope rehab helps you let me know is the goodtime a train? i was reading pinkys after surgery instructions no litter box for 12 hours well first thing she did was use her box girl had to go bad no stairs for 24 hours or running well second thing she did was run up the stairs looking for food no food for 24 hours ya well she found food at the top of the stairs no swimming for a week okay pinky i am putting my foot down no swimming.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/97055D5BCE0D

johoward

« Reply #28840 on: August 29, 2024, 08:02:08 AM »

4:48 LOL The average guy must have taken a phone call or coffee break. LOL
Goodtime III is a sight seeing ship.  Google shows it pretty well.  It is special.
Thanks for posting.  I shared the shame with Debbie, Shannon, and Karen.  Just so you know. I just got back from a 2 mile bike hike.  I am over heated.  It is only 74 out, but high humidity is making me sweat.  I don't like it.  Looks like it will be another hot day.  20 percent chance of rain.  Come on rain.
With all the images from the Democratic Convention on all the news I think I am starting to get an idea why Trump has so many supporters.  I am still not one of them.  Neither are Debbie or Karen.  We are reliving the civil war I think, and it all started when with Obama when he challenged Trump to run for president at the annual news awards banquet.
We are in for a hard fight.  It is a brother against brother type of battle.  Politics is not the biggest factor in my opinion.  Instead, it is racial bias, or rebound discrimination, or bigotry, or racial hatred, or whatever you want to call it for the insolent behavior of Obama's people.  They over did it on feeling empowered around here, and I guess over there too. 
Never the less, the high cost of food is not due to Biden. It is due to Trump's CEO buddies raising prices just to make Biden look bad.  Don't be fooled as so many have been according to the Polls.  Kamal knows this, and has said so in her way.  Others need to be informed soon or we will lose.  The real power of the purse does not reside with Democrats.  Well that is enough for now I think.  Maybe even too much.
I am glad your cat is not going swimming LOL!!!  It is so unhealthy for him. LOL Stairs, food, and litter box no problem.
Bye EV1 GBU< Israel, Ukraine and the USA.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2024, 08:57:22 AM by johoward »

calihoula

« Reply #28841 on: August 29, 2024, 02:48:19 PM »

hi joho i just googled your goodtime boat wow! yes really great! if its hot humid you could be on bottom floor glass enclosure with ac! or heat in winter! you guys will have so much fun! its awful hot humid here just awful poor animals outside how can anyone like this dangerous heat i agree with you on your obama stuff trump stuff yes like civil war i read about that dinner that obama really went on mocking trump starting trumps political career they said i read 
@wallywest9257
5 years ago
Trump: "I was once roasted by the president in front of hundreds of people. 5 years later, I had his job"

calhound

« Reply #28842 on: August 30, 2024, 05:28:10 AM »

hi you guys its 72 here rain is coming and maybe cooler weather at least will be tomorrow

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/A1055D4D7577?z=0

johoward

« Reply #28843 on: August 30, 2024, 09:18:29 AM »

5:01 How about that?  Going to be hot today.  90 again at 1 pm. 80 already.  Yes we will stay inside the AC I think.
 Karen was not herself last night.  She was dizzy a lot on standing.  More like herself this morning though.   We are looking forward to our cruise.  I am not sure where lunch and dinner fit in this picture.  I think I will grab a sandwich at noon.  Just to be safe while on the water.  You know I need to keep in shape.  Even though that shape is round.  It is a shape. LOL!
Debbie will pick me up tomorrow at 12:30 to go to my sister Patty's celebration of life in Independence Ohio. 
Her story is complete, and was a wonder to me.  If she had not written her book, That's Life, At Least My Version Of It...,  by Dr. Patricia Whyman PHD  I would not have known how wonderful she was, since we were separated for much of our lives.
No soapboxing today.  Enough said yesterday I think.  Go Kamala!!!!
I am really loving the chats and the updates Cal.  Thanks for relaying them to us.
Bye for now

calhound

« Reply #28844 on: August 31, 2024, 05:44:36 AM »

hi you guys i lost my sookie cat last night she was 18 but she got around pretty good she was here then she was not sob i just told her one of kid sweetness one of my office cat your mom died last night her other kid in my bedroom meanie boy saw she was gone i slept with her last night i found her down on the floor she cried out to me i got her a drink and laid her next to me on my bed i had cats all around me cali on her bed ottoman next to my bed i am just so sad had her for 18 years she was all black her kids all black too can hardly see this screen

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/94055D50CE97?z=0