Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 956437 times)

neva

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #28035 on: February 12, 2024, 03:54:14 PM »

Polo Play  ...  36:15   64°  (2:37  pm)   Sunny.  The next 9 days or so, are to be sunny and mostly in the low 70s.  I hope so.

Cal     That is sad about Toby Keith, too young to be leaving this place.  I liked the humor in some of his songs.  Good luck with that crowned tooth.  It'd be nice if they could just pop that back into place.

Joho      Marge is certainly welcome here.  Who doesn't like bears?  I wonder if they have bears in Ireland?  I shall have to look that up.   
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

neva

« Reply #28036 on: February 12, 2024, 03:57:24 PM »

"Bears were once common in Ireland but are now extinct on the island, having died out in the 1st millennium BC."

These ancient relatives of the modern brown bear (Ursus arctos) roamed the land, leaving their mark in the form of fossils and cave paintings. But around 10,000 years ago, Ireland's bears vanished mysteriously.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 03:59:15 PM by neva »
(J.W. Stephens)

johoward

« Reply #28037 on: February 12, 2024, 05:20:18 PM »

Neva, Marge Loves bears.  Especially our bears in Ely MN where she has visited, and at Bear.org.  She has been a moderator on the bear chat for more than I can remember.  That is at least ten years.  She would come in at 3 pm and stay until 6pm every day.  Plus she would pop into chat every now and then.  Especially on special days of celebration.  The mods would come into chat and make sure we all knew what special activities were planned.  There were lots.  Don't know how we will keep up to date without the chat.
Marge also helped my little Mary enjoy her visit to Dublin a few years back.  Marge knew Mary wanted to get a rosary from Dublin for her Grandma, my Joan.  She also knew Mary was refused service at the religious store for some reason.  So Marge got the rosary and sent it to Joan herself. Marge is special.  As are all eagle, falcon, buzzard, and bear people.  Like you and Cal.
By now EV1 GBU Israel, and Ukraine.

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #28038 on: February 13, 2024, 05:41:28 AM »

hi you guys its 29 here 32 in ice 48 in kviv 62 in the barn im running late this morning had extra stuff too do and i just walk so poorly takes me along time to get stuff done and its early and im already tired. neva that is so sad about the ireland bears. that is the worse and saddest word extinct on animals now be a good word on the putins of the world evil can be extinct too.  and of coures dr platte could not put that crown back on the tooth totallyl decayed and it is the last molar i got on the side so implant will be in the future but i told him no on pulling it yesterday.  he said let me pull it out and it can heal no  im thinking i dont like dr foster these days but he would pull it and then put in bone then let that heal and do the implant down the road. i do not need anymore healing time. for now im not doing anything i need a break from all the implants just get the two i have in the works for now. i do think i may take jim with me next dr foster visit. hi joho yes like marge very much

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/C5055D54B68B?z=0

gb all animals and gb all of us

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #28039 on: February 13, 2024, 09:13:51 AM »

5:48  Lost my post again.  Hit the wrong keys near space bar I think. Pechkas, cream filled, for Fat Tuesday on board.  Left two at Karen's with some flowers last night.  Gave Debbie some flowers too.  Both seemed very happy and surprised.
Spent a half hour at Meijer's customer care counter trying to get signed up for their perks program.  It was very difficult.  Even with the good professional help I received at the counter.  Not sure yet how it worked out. Will try to work it out on my computer later.  All I am sure of it that it is complicated and includes lots of Google influence.  Ya gotta make up a Gmail account.  To do this, ya gotta get a Google account etc.  I already had both of these, but could not find them on my phone.  SOOOO Do Over, which I hate.
Enough of that crabbing.  CUL EV1 Can't wait to hear the Airforce sing.  GBU, Israel, and Ukraine.  I heard Congress may have made a little progress today.  Sure hope so.
Trump gave his permission for Russia to bomb our NATO allies.  Wow!

neva

« Reply #28040 on: February 13, 2024, 02:49:54 PM »

Airport Firetruck ...  20:29     66°  (12:59 pm)    Sunny, no wind.

Cal    That sounds like a plan, the way you are going to handle replacing the crown ... especially bringing Jim with you.

Joho      Marge is very well acquainted with Bears, that's good.  It is sad about the Irish bears of ten thousand years ago.  I am surprised that some ambitious hunters of previous centuries didn't import bears from somewhere else to Ireland.  People have been known to do such things before.  No, I don't approve.
(J.W. Stephens)

johoward

« Reply #28041 on: February 13, 2024, 03:23:45 PM »

Hi EV!,
 Grey now and just a rare big fluffy snow flake drifting by now and then.  Just got back from Walmart and Staples.  I saw 6 deer in the fields on my way home.  They were grazing I think on the tiny green shoots of grass that shot up after last weeks record high temps.  I remember one day it was 60 degrees and sunny.  I wore shorts and a t all day.  Very rare for February in Ohio.
Neva I think some older countries no longer have sufficient wooded areas to sustain a variety of wild life.  People have a pattern of harvesting forests for shelter and boats until there are no forests left.  The Vikings are said to have wandered the seas as they did primarily for this reason, as did the British. Many of the well know islands are devoid of trees for this reason.  I think I heard that Easter Island was inhabited until the forests were gone. Forests, where they do exist, were preserved by the landed gentry who used them for their private hunting areas.  They kept most people and all loggers out. I don't think they coddled the predators as much as they did the pray animals.  So bears and big cats are missing from most domesticated forests. 
I am getting anxious to go to Ely with Debbie.  My niece Susan asked me about the trip today.  She is on Rt 95 heading home to Saratoga NY from Florida today.  She did not know she is heading into a big snowstorm.  I heard on the weather channel that traffic on Rt 95 is slow going due to snow.  She will get home late.  It is a 19 hour drive, and she left at 5am.  So she cannot get home until at least midnight. She is traveling in a Ford explorer with three dogs.  I think she will stop and sleep somewhere. I will go now to send her an email from The NABC with last years comments by my WRI class.
Bye now.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2024, 03:39:05 PM by johoward »

calhound

« Reply #28042 on: February 14, 2024, 04:31:01 AM »

hi you guys its 32 here 27 in ice 39 in kviv and 62 in the barn  i had to get on sweets earlier he was wanting to ram me. jim said he has been trying to ram him. he got all spunky and was trying to flip around fell down but he got back up. i had to go all the way up the hill put water in his bowl i was giving him biscuits on the way let him know i will use this cane. i got to pick up groceries in a bit then after i get them unloaded i am going to put out a big bucket with water for him got a hook and will hang it by his door that leads into indy. only have to slide the door back to clean it. boy gets stronger every day

hi neva well dr platte office called jim he goes in for a cleaning next week he will ask him what plattes plan was for the third implant! no cant pull it and then do nothing. yes jim will be going with me to dr foster and if i need oral surgery to get out what is left of this tooth jim is going to get into with them they need to file it with our bc insurance not our dental. i hope to not be stuck there for along time with jim there. i am getting pretty overwhelmed with all this tooth work neva. i think just leave this last one  jim says no you need to get it fix too.  you got some nice weather it is suppose to get nice later today today is big chiefs parade will be a zillion people there news said avoid excessive drinking why would anyone go where this tons of people packed in and no bathroom right there and drink. and then what get in your truck and car and drive stupid. schools are closed today so kids can go. i will see some of it later on the news

hi joho i hope your niece susan be okay and her dogs. hope she did stop there are hotels that take dogs. i saw that snow on the weather channel we are getting snow friday. pretty sad save the forest where animals make their home so they can be hunted.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/29055D5D47F3?z=0

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #28043 on: February 14, 2024, 08:48:38 AM »

6:04  Good old Sweets.  Thank you God.
Went to a concert by the 5 piece Air Force live band, and vocalist.  Too old I guess.  I had to leave.  Way too loud for me.  Could not hear the singer over the band. Also, too much bass.  My phone was vibrating so much in my shirt pocket I though I was getting a call.  We were in the last back row, so no-one saw us leave, except the band.  They did not care, because they were having a good time jamming.  I guess I am too old to enjoy this kind of performance.  I was not surprised to see others out in the parking lot heading for respite.
Yes Cal, hunting may not be the best reason for woods preservation, but where it was not enforced there are no trees now.  We are still doing it in areas where they harvest palm oil.  At least we now know the eventual results of over harvesting our forests, and are doing something to preserve the woods just for the animals.  It is a hard thig to deny the locals the income.  The rest of the world profited from lumbering forever.  To deny the occupants of countries that have remained primitive seems to me to be on the greedy side. 
Enough preaching for now.
I want to call Susie to see how she is this morning, and where she spent the night.
CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, and Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #28044 on: February 14, 2024, 11:09:05 AM »

I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

« Reply #28045 on: February 15, 2024, 05:26:52 AM »

hi you guys its 37 here 35 in ice 39 in kviv and 62 in the barn. i had the chiefs parade on the tv yesterday going in and out doing chores when i saw them getting off the bus and walking the street talking with fans and just out in the open on the buses i thought of jfk when i was a kid in grade school and they told us he had been shot. so later when i came in saw that shooting. like jim said a gang banger. i truly hope they will be punished younger ones if they have parents they will be charged too. what a sad day for kc. those fans who sat in below freezing temp to cheer on the chiefs travel to other cities for the games pay those high prices a couple of idiots punks thugs turned the day into tragedy.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/03055D4BDDBD?z=0

johoward

« Reply #28046 on: February 15, 2024, 11:19:00 AM »

5:36 Just about average.  I like it.
Spent the day with Karen yesterday. Went to church for ashes.  Then to Lorenzo's for fish pizza.  Then finally to Allen Art Museum in Oberlin.  Was a good all be it tiring day away.  Early to bed for me. 
Took a long time reading the paper this morning due to watery eyes.  Had to read everything over and over. Now almost noon and I finally got puzzle done.  Thanks Cal, and thanks for not giving up on me.  I am sad about the shootings.  Something very wrong with this world, and I blame Trump.  His obviously evil influence is infecting everyday life across the country.  Yet there are many who think he is the one to follow. Unbelievable.  I now see how Hitler, Stalin, and Putin were able to do what they did.
Enough of that bitterness for now. I still have hope for our country.  I hope I am not disappointed this year.
 The art museum was a hit.  We saw many wonderful creations.  Mostly of a more modern era.  Karen was a teacher and is very curious.  We read all the fine print beside each display.  Her vision is slightly impaired. So it took quite a while to get through about a third of the museum.  We need to go back some rainy day to see the rest of the displays.
We also enjoyed exploring the quaint village that is the home of Oberlin College.  I was trying to find a home built by Frank Lloyd Wright, which I have toured in the past.  Could not find it.  Will have to research then go again.
OK now time for me to go get my mail.  USPS shows me that my visa bill is waiting to be payed. So here I go.
CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, and Ukraine.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 11:30:42 AM by johoward »

calihoula

« Reply #28047 on: February 15, 2024, 12:05:55 PM »

hi joho. jim and i blame trump rep for relax gun laws using assualt rifles oh everyone needs one of these

mayor lucas kc

Lucas has joined with mayors across the country in calling for new laws to reduce gun violence, including mandating universal background checks.

“We did everything to make this event as safe as possible,” Lucas, a Democrat, said in an interview on KMBC-TV Thursday. “But as long as we have fools who will commit these types of acts, as long as we have their access to firearms with this level of capacity, then we may see incidents like this one.”

The parade and rally were the third in five years after Chiefs’ Super Bowl wins. Lucas said it may be time to reconsider how to handle the next one if they win again, perhaps holding a “vastly smaller event” at Arrowhead Stadium, with fans going through metal detectors.

i use to love going to our nelson art gallery happy i went when i could get around so good when i was young and not all the crime happy you and your friend karen had a good time travis kelce has a temper he has shown that taylor she should pay attention to that maybe   he once again got stinking drunk at parade i think they should be sober for fans lots of kids there too some kids shot but be respectful later go do your drunk talk kelce not the only one but he was pretty drunk mouthy.
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

« Reply #28048 on: February 16, 2024, 04:27:28 AM »

hi you guys its 33 here 31 in ice 39 in kviv and 62 in the barn i saw on my local news last night those juvie shooters at chiefs rally parade prosecutor  waiting to file charges today cause going to try them as adults and seek death penalty. also i saw our gov parsons who was there with his wife at the shooting and he thinks the gun laws are just fine like they are

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/6F055D4BF88B?z=0

gb all animals gb all of us

johoward

« Reply #28049 on: February 16, 2024, 08:52:50 AM »

5:45 Hi EV1. Good morning. Cold 28 degrees here this morning.  I may go out for fish fry this evening.  Karen said yes, but still have to ask Debbie if she will go.  We usually do go for Lenten fish fry, but since she does not always feel like eating, I am not sure.  I will tell her later that we are going and ask her to join us.  I hope she does.
I do not know what to say about all the shooting deaths across America.  Unbelievable!

Need to get going now.  CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, and Ukraine.