Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1223011 times)

neva

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #28050 on: February 16, 2024, 01:44:57 PM »

Gemsbok  ... 36:49      66°  (12:06  pm)  Supposed to reach 71° today.  Sunny.  It's a beautiful day0

I hope all is going well for all of you that come here.

Cal     I hope your governor's words come back to bite him in the butt at voting time.  Perhaps the citizens of your state don't like being an open-range target for anyone that happens to decide to shoot up a crowd.  That was a huge crowd of people that were there with extended families at home ... I can Just imagine what they are thinking, saying and feeling.

My daughter just told me that the Russian dissident Alexei Navalny has died.  Of course, Putin is responsible for that.

Joho     You mentioned that there is something wrong with this world.  You are right, Trump is a huge factor in that, but I think that equally responsible are those that love and support him.   He flaps that mouth of his, and his enablers make things happen.

I wish I had a fish fry to go to.  There probably is one somewhere in the valley.  I should make my own. 
I hope you all have a great time this evening. 
« Last Edit: February 16, 2024, 01:47:38 PM by neva »
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #28051 on: February 17, 2024, 04:48:42 AM »

Fox and Mink - UPDATE February 15, 2024

Red fox male
It was good to see the good fox today after an absence that always makes me worry. Here he was, same as ever, and even posing for one of the best fox pictures I can remember taking. Thank you fox. Glad to see him, I helplessly tossed him some ham, chicken, bologna, and 3 little blueberry mini muffins, hoping he would come again soon and maybe make this a favorite stop.

Mink
Mink

Also, the mink came. He didn’t give such a good picture, but he looks like he likes the cube of ham. He’s a good mink who knows the program and is expectant and not running away.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #28052 on: February 17, 2024, 05:07:18 AM »

hi you guys its 11 here real feel is 0 41 in iceland 34 in kviv and 62 in the barn  nice update today nice and happy one.

hi joho hope debbie feels like going with you guys  KANSAS CITY, Mo. (KCTV) - Charges have been filed against two teenagers after one person died and 22 were injured in a shooting following the Kansas City Chiefs Championship parade.

The Jackson County Family Court Division announced on Friday, Feb. 16, that two juveniles have been charged in connection to the mass shooting at the Kansas City Chiefs rally on Wednesday.

The teens remain behind bars at the Juvenile Detention Center on gun-related charges as well as resisting arrest. Additional charges are expected as the investigation by the Kansas City, Mo., Police Department continues.

The teens were arrested following the shooting on Wednesday. A third adult was also detained but was later released.

Police: Two teens in custody, third initially detained has been released in Union Station shooting
The Court noted that no further information, including the names of the suspects, has been released as the suspects are juveniles.

During the shooting, which police believe to be the result of an argument between two parties, Lisa Lopez-Galvan was killed. A GoFundMe has been set up to help support her family through the tragedy. The fund received support from Taylor Swift, megastar and girlfriend of Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce, with a $100,000 donation

hi neva our gov is a rep and thinks the gun laws are okay just need to enforce them he ran like everyone else that day. he cant run again his time is up i think i was so upset that nalvany died in prison and of course putins doing. i heard biden said if he died in prison putin in big trouble now what that means i do not know i feel like that is a threat like all of natos nothing will come of it but i hope other countries also pissed over this  i heard they were. putin will not be stopped till god does it. and he is up to putting nukes in outer space sooner or later he will have to be taken out. dont care who does it just do it. like putin asking for it not enough with ukraine now everyone.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/84055D5411A9?z=0

gb all animals gb all of us

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #28053 on: February 17, 2024, 05:33:55 AM »

neva i forgot to tell you i was checking on sweden nato stuff turkey finally agreed but hungary

A bipartisan U.S. Congressional delegation will visit Hungary on February 18 as pressure grows on Budapest to ratify Sweden's NATO membership when parliament reconvenes after its winter break. Hungary is the only NATO country not to ratify Sweden's application, a process that requires the backing of all members, souring relations with the United States and raising concerns among its allies. Sweden applied to join NATO in May 2022 in a historic shift in policy prompted by Russia's invasion of Ukraine. Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban says his government backs Sweden joining the alliance, but the legislation nevertheless remains stranded.

johoward

« Reply #28054 on: February 17, 2024, 09:17:29 AM »

6:28  Very cold and snowy out this morning. Only 23 degrees with a coating of slippery snow over ice.  I don't have to go anywhere.  I am thinking of going to see my friend Bonnie after lunch. She is a shutin at the memory care unit of Keystone Point in Lagrange, Ohio. I have not seen her in a couple weeks.
I will check with Debbie first to see if she may wish to ride along.  I hope she does. For her sake. Well she says no.  She has to get groceries and go to Mary's to watch Bash at 5.
Karen is having a girl's day out with her daughter, and her daughter's best friend.  US Air Force veteran, Val.
So I am on my own.  May just take a long Winter's nap. LOL  Might even do some house keeping.
I did look at USPS.  There is one bill coming today, but I will wait a while to let mail get in box. It is 10 am.  I will wait until 11 am at least. I don't want to walk down there twice today.  It is too cold.  It looks nice white and clean, but I went out to clean away the leaves at my door, and it is cold!
CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, Ukraine, and Sweden.

neva

« Reply #28055 on: February 17, 2024, 03:46:55 PM »

Santa Rosalia ...  24:11      72°  (2:34 pm)   Sunny.  It should be in the 70s before the day is done. 

Cal      I bet  Orban of Hungary is going to ask something of our Government in exchange for ratifying Sweden's NATO membership.  That seems to be the way it works.    How is Sweets doing?  I imagine he is getting back to his regular self.

Joho     When it is icy cold outside, a long winter's nap can be quite a treat.   I am so thankful it has warmed up around here, it is like Spring.  My daughter has even gotten into pruning the Bougainvillea bush out front.  We have Mockingbirds that nest in that bush and have for years.   
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #28056 on: February 18, 2024, 05:30:21 AM »

hi you guys its 25 here 43 in ice 35 in kviv and 60 in the barn we turned it down in the barn from 62 to 60

hi neva i am sure you are right about orban. shame nato cant undo some countries kick them out. kick out their protection.  sweets doing better every day. he is torn likes to be petted likes to be an unruly goat. he has been pretty good with me i have to watch him closer now. thank goodness shots are over. my lower back been in so much pain. last two days been really bad take a step scream out in pain. took an otc arthritis pill extended one and half a pain pill takes the edge off cant even ride my knee scooter hurts to put a leg on it and movement of moving a leg hip scream out. i think doing all that with sweets that week he was sick might be the cause. but i had to do it. do it for him he was laying down at the other end yesterday i thought oh no but when i went in he got right up and followed me up the hill. he wanted to be petted. big yellow cat came back so cold this weekend happy he came back i may just have to finally go see dr buzzard. may have to have jim take me even.  :( i have some predisone from drama i am thinking of taking some of it

hi joho we got the snow friday not just a dusting and now it is icy like too. i took my walker inside the barn this morning not ever done that maybe and big yellow were like wth indy was afraid of it too. i did not go in clean up his poop now i think i can now pills are kicking in so will go back out and do that.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/3A055D55EAB7?z=0

gb all animals and gb all of us

johoward

« Reply #28057 on: February 18, 2024, 11:09:23 AM »

5:48  Bright, but freezing out there.  Snow is not melting at all.  Usually the sun will at least clear off my drive, but not this morning. BRRRR!
Debbie is suffering too much.  I am worried.  She has been put on a Low Fodmap diet for the next SEVERAL WEEKS! There seems to be nothing she can eat.  She is weak, and now she says has bad tinnitus and headaches. Related to her diet.  It seems that her thyroid is her main weakness.
 She is going to do her 4 hours volunteer work with the Berea Animal Rescue at 1PM.  She has such a short list of what she can eat at this time I don't see how she can manage.  Especially since she refuses to go to the store.  Did I mention I am worried. Now she tells me that many of her problems have been with her for months and even years, but she just will not talk about them. I will keep in closer touch with her.  Even though she does not want me to.
I don't have a plan for today.  Just a vague notion that I may go out to see an ice carving contest in Medina Ohio. Not yet though.  I will wait for two hours and see what if anything comes up.  I did do a lot of Vacuuming, mopping, and Swiffering yesterday.  Not really done yet.  So maybe I will do more of that to keep warm.  But not yet. LOL  First you guys and then LUNCH! Yay! I love lunch!
GBU EV1 and Israel, and Ukraine.  COME ON CONGRESS!  GET WITH THE PROGRAM!  YOU ARE MKING ALL OF US LOOK BAD!

neva

« Reply #28058 on: February 18, 2024, 01:56:51 PM »

Town Hall ...  28:29    71°  (12:22 pm)   It is supposed to reach 76° today.   

Cal     I do hope you go see your doctor.  I wish there were some way in which I could help you.  Does Jim know your entire care and feeding routine for the animals?   

Joho     Would Debbie let you go in and see her doctor with her?  You would be a good advocate.  From what you say, I am doubting that she would agree to that, but it might help if she did.
(J.W. Stephens)

calihoula

« Reply #28059 on: February 18, 2024, 03:04:35 PM »

hi joho i will have to google debbies low fodmap diet never heard of it did you two go see a new doctor awhile back? god please help debbie!

hi neva you know jim does know alot of my pet care he will help me if i very sick he would try to do it all but he forgets stuff and has his job his dad he says i come first but he needs to check on his dad. the kittens when he looked in their room they went crazy momma hissed kids ran cried for hours took me a long time to fix that. jim said if i got sick or worse he would put food water in there fast shut the door work on them liking him. the kids favor me but i take care of them be a bunch of sad kids if i was gone. i know i need to see dr buzzard big ordeal for me drive there get out go in but next time i go to dr foster im taking my walker i go there dr platte but not buzzard. he said to jim why wont she come see me i can get her to walk again jim said everytime she sees a medical dr she is worse off. but if i say no to any surgery just tell him help my pain my knees one swells other grinds my back hip maybe a corti shot but i have to go and that is hard for me. i took that predisone and it helped i still have pain but not screaming out pain. able to do barn chores jim knows the barn chores maybe hides from him but if he put out her food in her bowl as soon as he left she would gobble it down. she peeks over hay watching him he says your cat is not in here oh yes she is jim. jim he just doesnt have the oh that touch you know. he loves them but you know. he would feed care for them if he had too. he does help me cause ive been asking for his help so he knows i must really need it. i hope your doing okay neva i feel bad going on about my stuff you got stuff too. god please help neva too! god help all of us! neva i heard on the barn radio that navalny mother is demanded his body be sent home
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

« Reply #28060 on: February 19, 2024, 05:46:31 AM »

The Usual Suspects - UPDATE February 18, 2024

Red fox male
The beautiful red fox is coming as usual again, but his entrance yesterday morning was less than polite, flying through the air in a long leap targeting a mink that quickly ducked into a safe niche. The fox turned toward chicken meat on the deck but didn’t take it. He looked longingly at me through the glass door and it dawned on me. I grabbed the container of muffins, grabbed a handful that he eyed as I opened the door and tossed one to him. He chewed it down in his usual way with his nose tilted up, eyes nearly closed, totally engrossed. He took a second one, went down the steps with it and that was enough for that visit. I wanted to see more of the mink, but he wasn’t ready to come out. A half hour later, he was still lounging in his niche even when I tossed pieces close to the entrance. I missed his exit sometime later.

Redpoll with siskins
Common redpoll
Common redpoll

Early that morning, the lone redpoll joined the pine siskin’s breakfast circle, but the picture was poor in the early light. I don’t know how she could have known what I wanted, but she nicely came back when it was sunny and posed for a portrait, looking very different in the sun.

Fisher male
Fisher male

Today, at 2:33 PM, the big male fisher took his turn at the chicken, hungrily chewing down pieces even though I was visible in the window clicking the camera.

Fisher male   Fisher male
Fisher male
At 7:14 PM, the fox came, took a couple muffins and left sooner than usual. Within minutes the fisher appeared, ate a bit, and headed down his tree. Wondering where he went, I looked out at the yard and learned something. This carnivore was busily eating something I didn’t know he would even eat, let alone seem to like. He was eating the deer’s peanuts and continued doing it as he also watched me in the living room window clicking the camera as is becoming common when he sees me. Again, different light made him look very different than he did earlier.

It was good to see them all.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #28061 on: February 19, 2024, 05:53:13 AM »

hi you guys its 27 clear here 41 in ice 36 in kviv 60 in the barn love the update pics of course and that little fisher is just too cute and shame on that fox hope doc has plenty of his muffins on hand im sure he does. keep tossing them out so fox will leave little fisher alone.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/17055D4FFD23?z=0

gb all animals and gb all of us we all need it

johoward

« Reply #28062 on: February 19, 2024, 09:33:24 AM »

6:12 I was distracted sharing the dog inside the cushion with Debbie and Karen.  Thanks Cal.
Neva, Debbie is a great communicator, and after 40 years as an RN she knows more than most doctors.  She is not intimidated by anyone.  She is taking care of Bash this morning, and got a kick out of Cal's cushion dog pic.
Karen works this afternoon.  So I don't know if I will see her today. The only thing for sure is I will go to Sam's for gas, and I will have chili for dinner.  I already made it using my favorite French's mix, and it is great.
May do some dusting.  House work is not quite done yet.  I took the day off most of yesterday.
I am praying for relief for Cal, and comfort for her wards.  My life is so very different since I got my new knee I am very sorry for the many years I missed with the bad knee. I mean walkers,  electric scooter, cane, special toilet, shower chair, no stairs. Yikes!  Now I am fine.  I can do whatever I want. It is remarkable.
OK Now time for some gas.  So CUL EV1.  GBU, Israel, and Ukraine.

neva

« Reply #28063 on: February 19, 2024, 02:07:30 PM »

Rockport, MA ...  67°   (11:15 am)  Sunny.  It is expected to be 73°. 

Cal     I wonder how long would you be in the hospital and how long before you could resume walking and  other activities if you had your surgery?  Timing, I guess, is the important factor.     Maybe you are right that you might get some relief from a shot in that area.  My daughter has plantar fasciitis in one foot, and goes every once in a while for a shot in her foot and it helps.

Joho      Well, it is good that Debbie is a good advocate for herself.  Not everyone is.  When my mother was older, my brother (who is an RN for decades too) used to go with my mother to the doctor's appointments because she was not good with talking to doctors.  It was a big help.    You are a good advocate for that Knee Surgery.  What a difference it has made for you.

(J.W. Stephens)

calihoula

« Reply #28064 on: February 19, 2024, 05:52:40 PM »

hi neva i think cort shot in knee might help i had a bursitis sac on my i think left hip when i. walked painful my mom felt bad for me dr hauss loved him retired gave me a cort shot i out of pain walked out no limp but wore off he gave me another wore off he said only three wore off i was so sad he had me get xrays and said i had a bone spur rubbing on that sac irratted it bad. so surgery he took it off was so much better my left knee torn mensicus he smooth it out said cant fix it anymore next time new knee that was long ago real long ago so maybe cort shot get me by i dont know if cort shot helped then maybe i could see what a knee replacement would be like omg a shot in the foot i had one once told doctor i think i might scream he sad please dont little kids in waiting room well too bad i screamed it really hurt boobie had one once i went with her oh she screamed too i am not sure what a plantar fascitis is lots of stuff we all get being young was great

hi joho did you get a new knee i forget yes you make it sound good but you must of trusted your doctor and you did not have a herd a herd depending on you i got to go jim finally done with kitchen make my pizza go to bed
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day