Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1067308 times)

johoward

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #28065 on: February 19, 2024, 10:05:59 PM »

Late here.  Just finished playing rummy.  Yes Cal. I was wrong to delay.  My right knee would not support me, and it was not a bearable pain when I ignored it by walking.  My doctor retired on me during covid.  The one I picked from the yellow pages was referred to as a knee machine. He does several each day. He did a great job, and after three years I am now 83 years old and going strong.  Stairs and hills are no problem.
 I do not remember being off my feet very long afterwards.  I do remember that while attending rehab on the second floor.  After about two days of rehab I could use the stairs.  Everyone told me it would take a year to rehab, but it did not take me that long, and I had three ruptured discs in my back the whole time.  After these were cut out I was 100% in a week.  So go get it done.  We will pray for you, and you can cuss me out for the one or two days you are hurting afterwards.  My after pain was so much less than the before pain I don't even remember it.
Good night now. EV 1 GBU, Israel, and Ukraine.

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #28066 on: February 20, 2024, 05:33:39 AM »

hi you guys its 30 here 32 in ice 39 in kviv 60 in the barn. my big yellow male cat was in the barn yesterday morning around 8 am and he was holding up his right paw it was swollen so he was out catting around i am sure. i told him boy just stay in here. maybe she was happy to see him ran up to him tried to get him to play i put out on his plate and she ran over to eat with him so she really likes him he stayed all day long his foot looking better this morning he is mia again.

hi joho you make is sound so good but i will not be having your knee machine an has bad as this is at least i can still get moving with aide. i remember your pain with your back and how they left you in the hospital that was pretty scary. so happy you recovered from that too. jim said his dad next door neighbor she came over to see him she uses his back door i said why cause front has a big dip in yard she is 93 and broke her hip like a month before jims dad did. she does not use a walker or cane but i said well she should jim said your right and he caught his dad not using his walker and jim got mad told his dad if i catch you not using it again out on the road will put you somewhere.  his dad gets dizzy and his walker he can sit down in it. both him and his neighbor lady are weaning themselves off the walker and cane. jims dad is 88 will be 89 this summer. both broke their hips. my cousin janice broke her she got to go home yesterday she went to her son and dil house for awhile then will go back to her apt with her little dog. i really would like to get my knees fix you did so good.

hi neva!

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/EE055D597516?z=0

gb all animals and gb all of us
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #28067 on: February 20, 2024, 09:46:35 AM »

WOW! 5:11.  Right on for average for the first time ever.  Debbie is taking Bash to story time at the library right now.  I hope he can stay awake this time.  The ride sometimes puts him to sleep. 
I had no paper to read this morning.  So I finished my vacuuming.  Still some dusting to do while the sun is shining.  You can really see the difference on sunny days.
Yes Cal, getting my knee and back fixed were the most significant life changing things I have ever done.  I regret not having done so much earlier.  I am praying for you to have a similar experience. GBU
No soapbox this morning. LOL CUL EV1 GBU all.

johoward

« Reply #28068 on: February 20, 2024, 04:17:07 PM »

Just talked to Debbie.  She needs more of that expensive antibiotic. This time it is "only" $451.00!  Mine was still $.70 today.  I will go get it for her tomorrow, because they don't have enough in stock even though they called her last week to come get it. WHAT?  She also wants me to pick up some lesser strength Linzess for her.  Seems the first ones were too strong in some way.
She did have a great day with Bash at the library story time.  She sent me a picture of him and some tiny friends holding the edge of a large parachute while a smaller child was lying on it.  Reminded me of what the Eskimos and Indians used to do using an animal hide or a blanket to flip the young braves into the air. 
Did not see Karen yet today, but I am hoping to share a pizza this evening.
I was sad to see that Taco Bell has joined the Trump crowd by raising the cost of my favorite taco by 29%. Darn them any way.  They are as bad as Campbells and the oil industry.  I am just sick thinking how this bogus pricing is cutting into most peoples living standard.  It is at least a sin and maybe even a crime to gouge people like they are just to make Biden look bad.  With general inflation really near 3% how can any industrial leader justify raising his prices 29% or more? They ought to be in jail for extortion.
Ok enough soapbox.
Karen going to Bingo.  Pizza on my own.  Anybody hungry?  LOL
CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, and Ukraine.

neva

« Reply #28069 on: February 20, 2024, 06:16:24 PM »

Chez Sam ...  23:26    81°   (3:39 pm)   Sunny - a really lovely day.

I hope that all has gone well today for all of you.

Cal     I was telling you about Michelle's shots that she gets.  It is Cortisone that was in the shot.  It really helps but of course, needs to be redone occasionally.  The first time she ever got the shot, the person put the needle in the bottom of her heel, straight up into it, and it hurt terribly.  Next time she needed it, she found another place to go and it was done differently and didn't hurt.  I am hoping that eventually you will be able to get some help. 

Joho      What fun for Bash, getting to enjoy stories at the library with his Grandma.  Getting him to love the library is a great thing.  We did that with our kids, and the whole family benefited from that.    Wow!  $451.   "only" ...  Insurance doesn't factor into this? 
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #28070 on: February 21, 2024, 04:50:20 AM »

hi you guys its 38 clear here 34 in ice 40 in kviv

hi joho i was out of pizza so no little cheese pizza for me my cats in my bedroom get some of it sookie was at the end of my bed where i lay looking up at me where is that pizza!? going to pick up groceries in a bit that is really overcharging on those antibiotics same as store on food. raccoons back so i had to ordered not one big bag of dog food but two now.  :(

hi neva well 81 is too high for me. not happy about above temps around here still feb. no ac in the barn right now either jim put in new furnace but not the ac. we got get a new one for it bigger one old one too small. i hope he does not wait till it is super hot and they are in that barn. i cant get anything done for awhile jim will be going out of town next month and again in april for ford. wow shot in the heel that is what boobie got and she was ready to hurt someone. good michelle found a better doctor they are out there just have to find them. i always loved the library always liked to read still do i even got a book from my library the other day i reread true grit. it was only 250 pages did not take long.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/8D055D528369?z=0

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #28071 on: February 21, 2024, 08:31:05 AM »

4:48 Can't stay. Need to get going to help Debbie this morning as soo ass she calls I will be off. No coffee or cereal yet either. so CUL EV1 GBU ,Israel and Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #28072 on: February 21, 2024, 10:57:47 AM »

hi joho i hope you took your pills
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

neva

« Reply #28073 on: February 21, 2024, 02:48:22 PM »

Red Pot ...  23:42     71°  (1:12 pm)   Sunny & breezy. 

Cal     I can see why you wouldn't want 81°.   Most of us here are delighted with these temps.  We are having our Rodeo Parade and Rodeo from Thursday thru Sunday this week and it is a greatly enjoy event and this weather is great for that.  There are a lot of outdoor activities going on, hiking, etc. and if anyone here wants cold or snow, they can go up into the mountains north of town.
We also should be having the Air Force Air Show very soon.  Everyone loves that too.  I can watch a lot of that from my back yard.

Joho    Good luck with whatever the SOS was.  I hope that all is well.
(J.W. Stephens)

calihoula

« Reply #28074 on: February 21, 2024, 03:01:05 PM »

hi neva yes 81 little too warm for me but it will get worse than that i hate that dogs hate that sweets hates it even indy wants back in ac barn my mom loved the heat i would beg her turn on ac in the car mom! she said burns more gas here mom a twenty turn ac on she did. she always had it cool in house ran ac in there she liked the heat but also liked a cool house to go into. hope you enjoy air show right from your back yard accident free rodeo parade be good rodeo not so much to me dont like roping or making them buck yay bucked that cowboy off into the unknown!
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #28075 on: February 21, 2024, 04:46:54 PM »

LOL Neva, "SOS" was supposed to be "as soon as she calls".
 She needed some meds picked up and was on Bash duty.  So I went to CVS and to the Cleveland Clinic to pick up her pills.  I am happy to help her out any time I can.  She is taking another 14 days of expensive antibiotics.  Was a little less costly this time, only $451.18, instead of $700.  Not sure why, but glad.
Yes Cal, I did take my pills.  Lots of them like I do every morning.  I also had coffee and cereal and read the paper for two hours with no calls.
 Finally I called CVS and asked what is holdup?  I want her to have those pills now.  She should have had them last week. They said they would call around and see if my Elyria CVS has some.  Sure enough they did.
  So I went to my store and got them to Debbie before noon.  Her store in Avon said not until 4 or 5PM.  Then I went to The Cleveland Clinic on Columbia Road for some other pills for her.  This is where her one doctor is.  Others were in the lobby for meds when I got there.  Common practice here I guess.
The good news is she is starting to feel a little better.  At least today she does.  She even asked if she could go with me to the Grafton VFW for Lenten lake perch on Friday. YAY!  She is apprehensive about going to the WRI to see Doc with me due to her illness.  I will call Judy Thon and make sure she will be cared for.  Her diet is restricted and may still be at that time.  Just talked to Judy.  She said just let them know a few weeks ahead of our visit, and they will have whatever is needed.  Chef Andrea will be there again this summer, but not until early July.
Now I will go see what is for dinner for me.  I may get a pizza tonight.  I have a coupon for one dollar off.
Bye Now EV1 GBU
« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 04:53:28 PM by johoward »

calhound

« Reply #28076 on: February 22, 2024, 04:50:01 AM »

hi you guys its 44 clear 31 in ice 48 in kviv and 60 in the barn.

hi joho good you took your pills and you got debbies and she is feeling better  :) i know when i dont feel well and got bathroom issues i dont want to go anywhere sure not all the way up to ely. hope debbie is alot better by then. long ways to go when not feeling well. my virus protection says they cant renew my subscription same card on file they will try again tomorrow so i will wait and see if they get it. i got my pizzas yesterday from walmart i still have stuff to unload in car worked on it on an off all day yesterday jim been having to stay at ford all day so he cant help me. when you go up to ely for bear stuff is there a dining room that you all eat in and do you get order what you want?

hi neva!

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/5C055D572291?z=0

johoward

« Reply #28077 on: February 22, 2024, 08:19:36 AM »

4:05 wow! Good time for me. Mouse worked good.  Eyes are only a little watery. Warm out. 44 and dropping.  It is raining though.  Took car out to get it rinsed off.
Cal asked a good question.  Yes, we all, including Doc, sat around the kitchen table, and shared what the chef had prepared.  She plans, shops for, and prepares all the meals.  She is good at it.  Very good. No one was disappointed. She was the chef on some crab boats off Alaska.  Like on The Deadliest Catch show,  Those fishermen were lucky to have her.  If anyone has special needs or wants, and makes them known in time Breana will go to town and get what is needed.  Judy Thon said if they can't find what Debbie needs in Ely, they will go to Duluth for it. They just need to know in time. They take very good care of us.  I heard no complaints.  There were several requests for seconds, and not just from me.  LOL
Well now it is time for me to check the animal cams, and turn on my phone.  So CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, and Ukraine.  God help us through this election season. Please!

calihoula

« Reply #28078 on: February 22, 2024, 10:50:12 AM »

hi joho i went to town bank get jims money big bills got gas when i first got in town cop sitting over there drove out of bank same cop but now sitting over there i was putting gas in car same cop drove down highway happy to get outta dodge get home so you eat what cook has fixed but if you wanted something else she would make it im a vegan would she make vegan food? im not going just asking. cool doc eats with his group. i heard on radio when in town our new soccer areana sporting kc i think not a soccer fan open and parking is 68.00 many people upset said lots of season tickets are up for sale chiefs parking is 50.00 royals is 14.00

neva

« Reply #28079 on: February 22, 2024, 02:40:36 PM »

Lookout Sails ...  22:54    68°  (1:31 pm)   Sunny & breezy.

I hope all of  your are having a good day.

Hi Cal   & Joho
(J.W. Stephens)