Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1223003 times)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #28005 on: February 07, 2024, 05:28:24 AM »

hi you guys its 40 here 24 in ice 49 in kviv and 62 in the barn. sweets doing pretty good not getting up yet but he is drinking lots of water this morning a real poop machine and he peed. he moves from side to side crawling on his front knees but when i lifted his butt so i could clean out from under him he gave a push up with his back legs and almost was up. this will be day three of his shots big worm shot i give around 10 am same time each day as soon as i got in jim got up and ask how his little buddy was doing and told me how much water he drank last night when he went out. but i knew that cause i sit out bottles of water for him when i come in and they were empty. i told him if sweets starts that unruly stuff again with me when he gets up i will get on him jim said he will too. but he may not he really loves being petted and kissed and hug. i hope he will cont to sleep in that corner easy to slide door be right in by him heat there indy there. i am very hopeful this morning but afraid to say too much. jim said i look less stressed out this morning i need to sleep but that will come i got to pick up groceries in a hour so better get moving

hi joho yes it is easier for me to lay down next to sweets or sit next to him to do his shots give liquid wormer and comb him out i am still handicap and i have tried to move hay and get an area there that is level. not only for me but him too. i think please dont ram my face out of the blue or my head knock me out. i also just sit back and talk to him and indy maybe she kept going up that ladder next to stall and bugging my birds and then coming in there jim moved the ladder. she wants in there with me.  did you get karen that mouse?

hi neva! my  vets office wanted us bring sweets at the start here he was so sick scared to leave his barn jim said no he is sick and do not want to stress him out more i will pay for travel after hours call come like you do for indy. but i have seen horse trailers there with the horses and he goes out and treats them his office at the end of the road and even though its country still a busy road. he does go out and do cattle horses certain days of the week i think. someone needs too but lots of farmers buy medicine and treat their own too. i saw on the weather channel said you are getting in like 28 minutes how they know that i dont know but radar showed rain heading for you. big rain in vegas and of course california maybe keep wildfires at bay for once. i was really happy to see that second picture of that little lamb too. happy it got treated.  i mean to tell you i will be asking god jesus some stuff.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/CB055D4C2A09?z=0

gb all animals and please keep helping sweets and gb all of us
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #28006 on: February 07, 2024, 08:07:33 AM »

5:56 Wow! What happened to average at 7:12.  Somebody took a coffee break?
Hi EV1. No, no mouse yet.  Karen too busy yesterday, and really does not want a $60 mouse.  She is used to her touch screen and keypad set up.  She does not mind refreshing the page quite often due to typonese. I think I would be retyping lots of chats if I had to use a touch screen.  I have "fat fingers". LOL  I often get the next or some other nearby letter on my phone texts due to the size.  I like that my new phone offers suggested next words.  I use them a lot.
No plans for today again.  Will spend the morning on here.  Very nice outside my window now. 30 degrees and bright.  I will go open my blinds for the sun's heating.  It works well since my back wall faces East.
Praying for Sweets to stand up today, and jump onto his hay pile.  Also hope he does not love pat his friend Cal with his horns.
Go Chiefs!
Bye for now my friends. CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, and Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #28007 on: February 07, 2024, 02:11:47 PM »

hi joho no sweets did not get up but when i picked up,his butt he lunged forward then laid down but its a start. he did great with his shots today burner one he did not make a sound i rubbed his neck cookie good boy i got groceries brought them in went to barn did burner shot and cleaned out that water tank in sweets area it was nasty at bottom sludge hauled out water took me two hours he is still using his little heavy stone bowl for water cant knock it over long ago channel 41 had a pet photo contest my mom said i should enter this picture i took of my cat maggie she looked like maybe she was laying down looking at camera i took a close up well i won showed my picture on tv we. went down to the tv station get first prize lots of stuff one was this heavy stone bowl. when sweets gets up i will hang a big bucket for water then i can pick it up change his water. i use touch key on my ipad like right now. i dont have to reload anything i make mistakes but thats okay. im pooped be ready for bed later got all tax stuff so tomorrow hope to have it ready for our cpa i heard on the farm that jennifer. crumbly found guilty her son killing them kids in mi
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #28008 on: February 07, 2024, 02:13:40 PM »

I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

neva

« Reply #28009 on: February 07, 2024, 02:49:35 PM »

Pub ...  23:34     51°  (1:33 pm)   Rain  - stopping a couple of hours.  Snow in mountains. 

I do hope that all of you are having a decent day, going in the direction that you wanted it to go.  I have a doctor's appointment to go to - Parkinson's doctor.  I wonder what he'll have to say to me today.       

I love that tattoo!  Larry could have used one of those.  He was bald on top.

Cal    You sound better, more hopeful.  You boy is still in my prayers.  It is good that Jim is so good and willing to back you up like he does.  Not all guys are like that.

Joho     I know what you mean, I use a mouse for my laptop.  It is just better for me.  I sure miss my my last laptop with its Touch Screen. 
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #28010 on: February 08, 2024, 05:06:10 AM »

hi you guys its 50 here 18 in ice 35 in kviv and 62 in the barn. sweets still not up but very alert and scoots over this will be day four on all his meds. he does try to get up his balance is off i can relate to that.  jim will get that lap belt on him later today and we will stand him up for a minute.

hi neva i would never be with someone that did not care for animals or me. i do alot for jim too he knows that he loves sweets too and he knows i do know stuff about them someone needs their ac or heat fix jim goes we expect our vet to do that too. understand he is really busy.  what did your park doc say? i saw on the weather channel all those homes on steep hills in california from mud slide. i have never wanted to live there or even go see it.  i like rural living and lots of grass trees etc. love my view. saw you got rain how much did you get and how much snow in the mountains? when they show a bunch of cities the coldest one i see is bangor maine

hi joho are you running your school bus?

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/1C055D55305A?z=0

gb all animals sweets and all of us
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #28011 on: February 08, 2024, 07:53:53 AM »

No school bus, but Debbie and me going to new doctor in a few minutes.  CUL EV! GBU GB Sweets

calihoula

« Reply #28012 on: February 08, 2024, 12:01:54 PM »

hi you guys i left at 8:15 get gas go drop off tax stuff at cpa go to the bank finally home time for sweets shot we under a wind advisory wind is 45 to 50 mph sounds like a train went to barn looked to see sweets down there no sweets looked over at top he was clear up there laying by his bed i said boy whats you doing there? i went in got up by him got down next to him he was sweet laying his head on my leg he picked up head again so his chest right there i give his shot where chest meets neck pull a flap shot behind it got it done he was good gave him some biscuits rubbed his neck good boy brought up his water bowl and little salt block got fresh hay cleaned indys area sweets was sleeping his head on corner of his hay bed. i saw path he took he went across flat area where he has been all week turned by his back wall went up he left a poop trail and messed up ground jim will be happy he was going to get him up today but when i saw him sitting like a dog standing on his front legs i thought soon he will push up but he was wobbly so i dont know how that is yet not seen him walk gotta go back to barn i better get my dogs back in first they had to pee hope new doctor helps debbie

neva

« Reply #28013 on: February 08, 2024, 03:33:08 PM »

Flag Storm ...  30:44      58°  (2:00 pm)    Sunny and windy.  The mountains north of town got 12'' of snow yesterday afternoon, which is great for them.  The skiers are in heaven.  That was on top of some other snow. 

Cal     How wonderful that Sweets was able to move that far by himself.  That makes me want to give Sweets a hug.

Joho      I hope all goes well at the doctor's. 
(J.W. Stephens)

calihoula

« Reply #28014 on: February 08, 2024, 05:58:30 PM »

hi neva jim asked if he stood today i said im going back to the barn so few minutes later he drove up in the gator to empty poop buckets he looked down for sweets but saw he was at the top he said too what are doing up there boy yes all uphill but he was worn out mostly slept all day jim went in petted him i hugged him he would eat fall asleep he drank his bowl of water ate some apple danish got petted more fell asleep not moved from that spot its where he use to sleep lay or in his hay feeder right there i am sure he could not get up in it even though hay is built up to it. bless his heart i know by end of the day im so tired staggered badly in my room now jims shift he will go out couple more times before bed he always sleep lightly penny hears something looks out the window can see barn door when jim goes out dogs wake me up barking at jim. sweets is still under a heat vent there too nice today but calling for snow maybe sunday but colder this weekend wow local news showing iceland volcano erupted again showing resident of iceland talking she got an accent for sure pretty cool jim said sweets not ramming walls but huge he got up went up there  vet be here tomorrow at two i will ask him when do. i worm him again and use what i want to aggressively worm him too not half a**

calhound

« Reply #28015 on: February 09, 2024, 04:40:17 AM »

hi you guys its 36 here 21 in ice 29 in kviv 62 in the barn. sweets still up at the top same place but he looks alot more rested. i gave him his first shot of the day and his liquid wormer. last day on shot but vet coming at 2 and may want me to continue

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/CB055D54AC57?z=0

gb all animals and all of us

calihoula

« Reply #28016 on: February 09, 2024, 08:38:33 AM »

i saw this tracy chapmans fast car then luke combs did it they did this at grammys

https://youtu.be/ScVFzAEMjAI?si=dsDuIddD03a_X9FW

johoward

« Reply #28017 on: February 09, 2024, 09:07:08 AM »

4:21 I liked this puzzle.  Everything clicked for me.  Mouse was great. Eyes were not watery.  Pieces clicked in from being only close to right place.  All good.
Debbie likes her new doctor.  She was prompt and attentive.  I am a little concerned that the type of patients who come here are hopeless hypochondriacs.  One told of undergoing an $11000 treatment plan that was successful, but that she regressed shortly after completion.  So here she was again.
The thyroid seemed to be the most common factor mentioned.  Well for now Debbie is satisfied she is doing what is necessary for her to continue to care for Bash, and hopefully his new little brother.
I did run some errands for Debbie.   I took Karen along so we could get to the Apple store and BJ's for gas at $2.89.  I bought Karen a Magic Mouse so she could more easily manipulate her Ipad.  I tried to get the Apple tech to show me how to unlock Joan's old mini Ipad, but he would not do it until I could produce proof of ownership and a valid password.  This will be challenging.  I think Joan bought this device from QVC many years ago, and both grand daughters have put in passwords at one time or another.  I am sure it is a good device, but we could never get it to work.  Everyone tell me I just have to charge it.  Of course I have had it on a charger for about five years now. LOL  All it does is light up as if to mock me for my ignorance.  I understand Apple's position of not helping me because it may have been stolen, but really they could look at me and see I am not a thief. I did not like the Apple store.  I did not feel welcome. Karen got some help while I bought her a mouse.  I hope she gets used to the new mouse.  It will be an adjustment for her.  She is not good at it yet.  She seems unable to locate the little gray spot that Apple uses for a courser.  She likes the little white arrow and the little fist that show up on my Windows PC screen. 
Well second coffee is cold now.  So I will say CUL EV1, GBU, Israel, Sweets, and Ukraine.

neva

« Reply #28018 on: February 09, 2024, 05:18:09 PM »

Cut Logs ...  21:50    57°   (3:57  pm)    Cloudy; wind and rain tomorrow.   🌵 🌦️🌦️☔

I hope that all are having the day that they wanted to have.

Cal    Thanks for the Tracy Chapman video, that is a great duet,  I have always liked her music, but hadn't listened to her in a while.     I'm listening to Brazilian music on my Alexa at the moment, but may switch over to Tracy in a bit.  I am glad to hear that Sweets is looking more rested.  Please give him a hug for me.

Joho     I can see what your concerns are about the Medical place that you are taking Debbie to.  That is a lot of money for a treatment that may not work.  I do hope that it'll work out.       It shouldn't take to long for Karen to get used to her new Mouse.  That was generous of you.     
(J.W. Stephens)

calihoula

« Reply #28019 on: February 09, 2024, 05:58:26 PM »

hi neva i love tracy chapmani was at first upset luke combs did her song but later read all the money he made goes to her well over 500,000.00 still counting all rights belong to her the duet was great he looked nervous but her easy going helped that crowd so excited too her smile was everything! so this morning when i went back to barn to give sweets his shot he was back down in that corner i was cleaning his area walked up to get his water bowl and he got up. following me he walked real gingerly he fell down on hill but its hay i was gonna help him but he got up i went back down he went past his hay feeder bed coming back down the hill i had my cane hanging on his rail he stopped rammed it a few times he came on down sat down like brownie does he then scooted his butt over till he was next to me he laid down put his head on my lap his little tail wagging away i cried my eyes out. hugged him hard kisses jim came out said he sure does love you. jim let indy out boy not beem out  for quite away bucking tootin away. vet came sweets was back at the top vet checked his eyes grabbed his hirn stood him up i did not like that but he needed to see him walk he said little wobbly jim said oh sweets has come a long ways!! so vet wants him to have that polio shot just once a day not 3 for four more days just to be sure. and one more liquid wormer day i asked when to worm him again vet said he did not think he needed to be wormed again he is in a barn not on pasture or with other goats i said well he got these worms! no i want to worm him! and aggressively too so in a month i will worm him again. i hope to never have sweets go thru that again. on tracy chapman its been 35 years since she first did fast cars wow