Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 633380 times)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #23730 on: August 07, 2021, 06:30:44 AM »

hi you guys its 71 and up to 94 today very humid heat index saying 100 tomorrow is worse. 6 raccoonies in the barn. 2 moms 4 kids. everyone running up to me cookie one baby bird in the barn it is doing well parents still feeding it. my swallows under the walkout all fledge i had one left i called it hold it and yesterday i saw hold out was gone still got that fan running cause they may come back and sit in that nest i see them around here flying with tons of family right there.

hi joho i love horse shows when i use to go to the fair that is where i would be long long ago went and saw friends with my first husband up chaska MN went to the state fair now the bears were up there. i use to love to go with boobie to jeanne grade school plays kids were so darn cute. saw on the news now greece has raging wildfires i tell you winter cannot come fast enough

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/9B055D536B17?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #23731 on: August 07, 2021, 09:54:03 AM »

6:53 Nice to know.  Thanks Cal.
Not sure what I want to do today.  It is between going fishing and going to the fair again. Supposed to storm this afternoon.  So maybe fishing is more likely, but still I like the fair even in the rain if it is not too cold.  I don't mind running from barn to barn, and I will have my own seat with me on the walker.  Maybe I will try both.  Debbie is still on vacation in Marblehead.  She rented a cabin near Lake Erie until Sunday.  She likes to do that.  I don't.  I grew up along the lake, and it just does not hold the same attraction for me as it does for others.
Well goodbye for now my friends.  I will just get in the car and head South.  Let you know what happens later. 
God Bless

calihoula

« Reply #23732 on: August 07, 2021, 06:18:11 PM »

hi joho hope you had fun today im finally in my room im beat too heat is awful feels like 100 pearl sweets cool little raccoonies laying in front of their fan cool too watching local news garth brooks concert tonight he sold out arrowhead he was hoping too his mom from kc mo he wanted fans to get vaccine and wear a mask lots of fans getting vaccine drawing to upgrade your seat and lots of fans wearing mask like he ask that will be a great concert too hot but you can stand the heat when you are young i use to go to many many concerts lots with boobie jim me boobie ca saw prince that was great i saw the cars many times really great love the cars oh so many concerts we went to tons of wwwrestling ca got ringside seat what fun took my dad a few times he loved it jake the snake randy savage macho man miss elizabeth brett the hitman heart hulk hogan andre the giant george the animal steele  cul gb
« Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 06:27:38 PM by calihoula »
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #23733 on: August 07, 2021, 06:32:24 PM »

i forgot joho directv gave us all the sunday nfl games for the 2021 season for free! starting sept 12 th for being loyal customers been with them for decades so i would say loyal.
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

« Reply #23734 on: August 08, 2021, 06:37:05 AM »

Mothers, Personalities, Cubs - UPDATE August 7, 2021

Male vs new mother
Male vs new mother

A couple days ago, 3-year-old Chloe went after a male twice her size for coming too close to her cubs. He fled in terror.

Today, a larger, older mother lunged viciously at a male when he came close to a white pine that held her cubs. He stood half up to fend her off but was little disturbed. He remained in place as she continued to threaten him. They almost touched noses as they calmed down. It is her on the right in the picture. She then backed away a bit, and so did he, letting her race up the tree where her cubs were watching it all. She is one of the new mothers we are trying to identify. The many white hairs on her shoulder, neck, and side show she is an older mother.Gift from Lincoln
Gift from Lincoln

It is always interesting to see the many ways bears react to each other and to us.

Today, Chloe stopped by with Charlie Brown and Lincoln. Charlie Brown is more shy and spends a lot of time high in trees. Lincoln is more trusting. It was especially good to see Lincoln. His namesake, a 9-year-old boy, recently stopped by to give me a rock with a bear drawn on it that he gave me as a thank you naming Lincoln after him. Thank you, Lincoln.

And thank you all for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #23735 on: August 08, 2021, 06:42:32 AM »

hi you guys its 71 here rain to come later today still hot but right now not bad love the update you bears do not mess with a mom! Just do not do that! lincoln rock is so cute what a nice thing to do for the wonderful Dr Rogers!

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/67055D595C6D?z=0

calhound

« Reply #23736 on: August 09, 2021, 06:04:14 AM »

hi you guys its 80 here humid  :( but missys dad is better! :)

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/7A055D536360?z=0

johoward

« Reply #23737 on: August 09, 2021, 08:48:08 AM »

Hi ev1  5:28 on donkey. 79degrees here and feels hot.  Missed several showers last night as I drove home from the fair.  Nothing significant.  Just a few puddles on the road. Stayed too late at the fair.  The fireworks started at 10pm.  So I got home late and went to bed.  Now gotta get ready for rehab.

So  cul  GB

calhound

« Reply #23738 on: August 10, 2021, 06:38:48 AM »

Tub Play - UPDATE August 9, 2021
Lincoln shaking off   Chloe and Lincoln   pause in play
On this 91° day, little Lincoln joined his mother Chloe in the tub for some water fun. With their ears in the ‘airplane’ play position they splashed around with looks of enjoyment on their faces. They paused a moment to watch a passing bear and then were back at it. Finally, Lincoln shook the water off so vigorously that his ears flopped in strange positions. Sibling Charlie Brown joined them briefly but didn’t get in the tub.

For the Black Bear Field Course group, it was enjoyable way to begin.

Thank you for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #23739 on: August 10, 2021, 06:42:36 AM »

hi you guys its 82 here and hot and humid already awful but nice in the barn love the update love there is a big tub of water for the bears! GB the one who did that.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/6F055D4BF88B?z=0

johoward

« Reply #23740 on: August 10, 2021, 10:19:02 AM »

8:33 hard one. 75 and humid here. Nothing scheduled to day. Fair is over.  Debbie is on vacation this week but she has a lot of appointments.  So I am on my own for a few days.
 Final rehab yesterday.  They declared knee healed.  I will see the surgeon tomorrow.  He will no doubt declare knee healed too.  It is about 80 percent OK.
I will soon See my primary care doctor about back, and maybe restart rehab later.  Might work, because back feels better later in the day each day after I move around a lot and take 3000 mg of Tylenol.  Not sure which is helping.  I have to start each day with my walker, but by about noon I can walk ok without support, and I can walk a goodly distance like half a mile without discomfort.  I do use four wheeled walker for walks outside.  Like at the fair, or going fishing, or just longer walks.  It gives me a place to sit to rest if I want to.
Now I think I will go out for a while to take some mail to the post office i like to visit.  Then just see what pops up as a place for lunch.
So I hope you all have a good day.  CUL God Bless.

calhound

« Reply #23741 on: August 11, 2021, 06:09:01 AM »

hi you guys its 80 here 73 in the barn today another real bad day worse than yesterday heat index will be 111 today  :( justin mowed pearls pasture dam on the pond and other side of pasture and front left field by our driveway and it was not suppose to rain till last night but it did yesterday morning. so have to rerake it let it dry weatherman said he woke up and heard rain and thunder and said not suppose to do that yet

hi joho i am released from my doctor but i am still having problems my achilles tendon still swollen not as bad first thing but by the afternoon it is really swollen. sounds like you are doing very good yay! dark outside at tv cam still do not see anyone or hear anyone. going to be so hot for them today too. lots of us in this heat wave sister is here been here since sunday yesterday hold out my little swallow when it started raining flew back in his nest had shelter fan i was happy to see him then sister started down the stairs to do her smoking i said nope go back up leave him be but when i went to the barn she went right out there and smoke she has no mercy for such things course she is a drug addict to nicotine i told her this is why when they are trying to feed babies you do not come up here. got most of the bids in on my others sister burned down barn outbuilding so far 120,000.00

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/EF055D5B1944?z=0

johoward

« Reply #23742 on: August 11, 2021, 08:27:26 AM »

6:24 No record this morning.
 Go to see dr. soon for I think discharge.  Will ask him about back and rehab benefits.  He might know about it.  He will be proud of my knee he built.
78 Degrees and rain on the way.
Got bills to pay now.  So will CUL GB EV1

calhound

« Reply #23743 on: August 11, 2021, 12:18:01 PM »

missys dad died at 10:01 this morning 

calhound

« Reply #23744 on: August 12, 2021, 06:00:53 AM »