Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 633712 times)

johoward

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #23745 on: August 12, 2021, 07:21:09 AM »

4:59  Sorry to hear about Missy's dad Cal.  May God bless his soul and comfort Missy.  Death really changes everything for the living.  My dear Joan left us just a year ago on August 10th, and I miss her a lot. Sob.
But Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone.  So so true.
76 and stormy here today.  Bad tree damaging winds yesterday afternoon.  Some electric out, but mine seems ok. No blinking clocks. Got to take Debbie for colon testing today.  So I better get started.  CUL EV1  God Bless

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #23746 on: August 13, 2021, 06:01:21 AM »

hi you guys its 70 here 6 raccoonies in the barn it stormed yesterday justin really in good shape he got that hay baled alone and then picked it all up loaded on his truck our flat bed trailer and taken to the lady who wanted all of it jim got the mobile home sold i am still working on susies stuff for lawyer tomorrow stormed hard all night still raining now lots of flooding but the barn was dry if no more rain barn just might be okay.

hi joho hope debbies test went okay. yes death changes lots of things but it is part of life. sadly it is.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/1F055D5A40CB?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #23747 on: August 13, 2021, 07:08:50 AM »

6:14
Debbie's test was OK, but costly.  She said it was a waste.

Nothing going on today. Hot already and stuffy. Have not checked in on cams.  Will do it later.

Gonna get coffee and cereal now.

CUL EV1 GB

johoward

« Reply #23748 on: August 14, 2021, 04:27:23 AM »

Could not sleep.  So I am first here this morning.  Instead of last. LOL
 70 degrees cloudy.
 Torrential rains twice yesterday.  High winds and torrential rains the day before.  Lots of big trees blown down.  Mary's lights out for two days.  Along with a lot of others in her general area.  Terrible getting around with no street lighting or traffic controls.
Well much nicer today.  So I will go out early and ride my bicycle.  Maybe get breakfast on the road someplace.
Right now though coffee is calling.

GB CUL Hope All Is Well For All Who Read This.

PS I am hoping for a booster shot.  ASAP  Anti-vaccines and anti-maskers are a threat to us all and our families.

calhound

« Reply #23749 on: August 14, 2021, 05:47:32 AM »

Chloe and Cubs - UPDATE August 13, 2021
Chloe gives a look
Chloe gives a look

On this Friday the 13th , it was actually a nice blue sky day and bear visits. It was nice to see Chloe and her growing cubs. Three-year-old Chloe was defensive as usual. When a bear came too close, she gave him a look and went after him, vocalizing that he was in trouble. Chloe’s cubs leaped up a nearby white pine with Lincoln racing high up against the blue sky and Charlie Brown staying lower.

Lincoln
Lincoln
Chloes brown cub 6-04
Chloes brown cub 6-04
Charlie Brown 8-13
Charlie Brown 8-13
The striking thing about both cubs is how much they’ve grown. To show how much Charlie Brown has grown and changed color, here is a picture of him from June 4. That was before he shed his cub fur and grew in darker brown fur. His father named Rusty was brown. Charlie Brown’s fur will likely bleach to a lighter brown before he sheds it next summer.

Thank you for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #23750 on: August 14, 2021, 05:59:12 AM »

hi you guys its 68 here not humid. 2 raccoonies. love how much the cubs had grown.

hi joho poor mary no lights for 2 days that is awful my friend who lives in pa just telling me in an email how bad her storms were they were out of power for only 2 hours but many still without power house down the street tree fell on it no one hurt inside i watched cnn at 2 am seeing about taliban taking over i dont understand why they just ran and did not fight but they did not and its awful for them people and seeing about that booster is the booster that J&J vaccine thought i heard that i got that vaccine but if i need another one i will sure get it. yes mask on when we go out i got to see my lawyer this morning clear over in kansas i am thinking if they send me the check and i am the owner just not rebuild told jim yesterday and he got mad but it was my sister who died not his and i went back and forth did all that work for a year judge gave me her property only me well sister did not want it had her name removed. my achillee tendon still hurts alot still swollen i have such a hard time getting around dont need extra stuff put on me. oh griz loose my mind bark bark bark bark

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/BA055D54149D?z=0

johoward

« Reply #23751 on: August 14, 2021, 07:50:20 AM »

4:53  thanks Cal
Watched Cesar Millan last night for hours.  He would teach Griz not to be anxious in about 10 minutes or maybe even less if you believe what they show.  Last night he found that a little big eared, blind, mutt was in fact a pack leader personality.  The dog kept making everyone bleed by biting hard..  He even tore the nose ring out of his mom while she was holding him in a hug on the show.  She did not want to touch him anymore.  They were trying to get him not to bite so they could safely start their family without fear the dog would attack a new baby.  Cesar took him home with him and very soon he taught him to trust and not bite anymore.  I love this show.
  Debbie takes Boss to a dog psychologist, and it is helping her get along with him a lot better. He is wonderfully patient with no separation anxiety.  He lays down in front of the open door and waits until she can go get his chain in hand.  Then he calmly walks outside to be hooked up.  He used to charge out any open door and down the back yards a mile a minute after squirrels, rabbits, and neighbor dogs.  No-one has cats around her.  Thank God.
Well have a good day ev1.  I will be out and about in the cool air for a while.  GB

calhound

« Reply #23752 on: August 15, 2021, 06:29:40 AM »

hi you guys its 61 here very nice 7 raccoonies

hi joho chiefs  won last night and i saw browns did too. oh griz is griz no matter what he was only 3 days old augie and scootie when their mom sissy died cause of that steve not taking her to the vet he did not want the boys it was the end of december very cold and snowy so all the boys had anixiety separtion pretty bad they always sucked on their favorite stuff animal too griz still do that  i kept scootie gator and augies bear griz is a dino. vet said they do that cause of losing their birth mom just something that is part of griz i take ibprofen when i get a headache from barking. love griz lucky to still have him but boss good he learned to change some ways  if i was young again and getting another full blood mastiff i would have him trained for sure but i am not young and no more big dogs. except for barking when i am not right there griz is a very good boy. i miss him being little use to hold him and take him on my four wheeler took him over to see my mom she would grab him out of my hands said she could not stand it any longer and hold him.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/BE055D57BA16?z=0

johoward

« Reply #23753 on: August 15, 2021, 08:31:02 AM »

5:25  62 and sunny here. Tried to ride bike last night.  Could not do it. Knee would not bend.  Darn.
I get it Cal.  Griz is Griz and we love him just like always.  However, I am still amazed at what Cesar Millar can do.  He just seems so smart about animals.  He does with a one look what others seem unable to do in months of training.  Animal just seem to read his mind.  Also the Cat From Hell guy is impressive.
Well got up late to make up for yesterday.  Now time for coffee and cereal.  I have blueberries and peaches and apples to put in it this morning.  Yum.  Not much cereal really.  No room in bowl. LOL
CUL GB

calhound

« Reply #23754 on: August 15, 2021, 02:28:59 PM »

hi joho i have been trying to work on more stuff for that lawyer he was nice said when he saw all the stuff i had i had worked very hard done well but needed title to susies mobile home he going after that insurance for money for it too fire dept ruin it with tomahawk chops and he could not understand how susie had kitchen in her barn did not look big enough picture was head on so it did not i found a side view and you can really see how big it was and i found a picture of her horse rose when rose was a little baby with her mom cried my eyes out  i feel i did not do rose right her getting colic and dying now she is with susie but sob should of had her in the barn all the time but she loved being in the pasture and running. serves me right not being able to walk. so reading your post made me feel alittle better. :) cat from hell guy no room for cereal oh there goes griz missys dog derby a huge beagle barked and barked outside she got him a bark collar shocked him when he barked but he learned to bark in a low pitch and it did not set it off. :)

susie barn that burned down at the end on the left is where she had her kitchen double oven frig trash compactor kitchen table and chairs we played cards and board games horses right there  sat outside at picnic table horses there with us. sob i sure do miss her firebug is going to pay my lawyer is totally wanting that he was confused why i kept calling it susies barn or outbuilding i said cause it was it will always be my sisters place when jim goes to mow he always says going to susies to mow he then understood when he looked at my contents in her barn list i had wrote at the top contents of susies barn i have to google home depot get prices on her tools shovel wheelbarrow ect all that stuff lots to work on

calhound

« Reply #23755 on: August 16, 2021, 06:00:47 AM »

Lucky and His Den and Independent Desi - UPDATE August 15, 2021
Desi
Desi
Lucky has his own ideas about a den. We built him a spacious chalet, and he is using it for a roof on a den of his own making as in this 1:14-minute video Click Here

At the WRI, a favorite bear is Lucy’s cub Desi. He is Lucy’s independent cub that we long worried about, but he is doing well making his own living. He has learned the ways of the world in this year of nearly non-existent food in the woods and he looks bigger than his sibling Arnie who travels with Lucy. To each his own. Each bear has its own personality and its own sense of being. Desi does his own thing and does it well. As a cub, he is so aggressive that he often dominates much larger bears at food. With people, he is exceptionally gentle. I look forward to following his ways and successes as he grows up.

Thank you for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center
« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 06:05:19 AM by calhound »

calhound

« Reply #23756 on: August 16, 2021, 06:08:45 AM »

hi you guys its 61 here i could not add that video of lucky i can hit it see it its from fb here is the link copy and paste it in your browser https://fb.watch/7q04T8-Xwj/

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/1D055D527D4C?z=0

calhound

« Reply #23757 on: August 16, 2021, 05:08:44 PM »

joho i came in here to work on susies stuff are you okay?

johoward

« Reply #23758 on: August 16, 2021, 05:16:48 PM »

Hi ev1 Yes I am ok. Just busy day to start.  Then fell asleep and napped most of the day.  Sorry.  Will do puzzle soon.  Did read update.  Thanks.  Nice to hear independent cub doing good on his own.  Funny how he likes people,but not bears. LOL.
Dinner time on the bear cams.  So CUL GB

johoward

« Reply #23759 on: August 16, 2021, 08:49:55 PM »

4:53 finally got to it.
  It is 9:41 already at night.  The Office is on.  Very funny even like the reruns.
 Was chatting on bear cam today. jdchicago came into chat and said she was intern's mom. While we were chatting her daughter came in to give Ted some treats.  She smiled and waved at the camera.  Her mom was very proud of her.  She got along great with Ted.   Was a very nice chat session.
 Ted put on a real long a enjoyable show yesterday.  There is a video of it all.  He spent a long time in the pond blowing bubbles for fun.  Tasha was out with him, and we could see her walking around the pond edge while Ted swam.  Very nice to see and imagine them as friends.

Well getting tired so I will say good night and God Bless