Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 953532 times)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #26910 on: June 09, 2023, 05:45:04 AM »

hi you guys its 61 50 raining in ice and 80 in kyiv.

hi joho well i am overwhelmed with how many depend on me now that stray cat that had kittens i saw two of her kittens other day and yesterday pouring down rain when i came out of the barn with my walker she went past me and around front never done that i can pet her in the barn whlle feeding her but no picky up. anyway she had her kittens down by basement walk out on that cement patio with a roof kittens all day and are nursing. this morning she was back in the barn howling for food maybe too and 6 raccoonies indy sweets birds just everything so no cant just go get something fixed yes long trip for you marge is just so nice. once i checked on that see how far when i could walk and stuff it was 12 hours. too far to go alone way too far.

hi neva yes all moms get off the phone i was lucky cause my mom was never a big phone person her best friend juanita had horses and mom did not talk to her on the phone loaded up us kids and went and saw her we rode with juanitas kids mom other friend not a horse friend but a garage sales and we went there and did that i was not a huge fan of that. horses yes. winter my favorite time so i would not be happy in the desert all the time. my mom liked vegas weather but she was happy to come back here and she told me the price of a bale of hay out there wow wee big huge bucks

i gotta go kitchen coyotees hungry hope to mow dogs yard today more rain this weekend jim home ford works 4 days a week now so letting indy out this morning he has been in all week lots of rain this week everything around here is so overgrown trees bushes everything.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/1D055D599AA2?z=0

gb urkraine gth putin gb al animals and gb us

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #26911 on: June 09, 2023, 09:20:03 AM »

5:13 Not too shabby.
Nice day AGAIN. LOL Will rider bike to mail soon, and maybe go see Debbie about noon.  That is all I have planned.  No repairmen on waiting list like the past week.  Sprinkler repair id done I believe.  I have to wait for the glue to dry and then test it at noon. I had to take my old modem to Spectrum store.  I had two repairmen here days apart.  I told both of them to take it with them when they left.  Each time they left without it.  I called Spectrum to have them come back and get it.  He says he will do a work order to the nearest store to give me a receipt when I bring it to them. Here again I wind up doing the work I pay them to do, and I almost missed the pipe repairmen leaving.  They were getting into the truck when I got back, and I needed their instructions.  I am not good at sprinkler controls, but I want to be . They are my teachers.  I learn a tiny bit every time they come over.  I learned yesterday not to listen to secretaries.  The one at the sprinkler company told me the days water will be on.  She was wrong and it caused me to think Thursday was actually Monday because the water came on and I took my Monday med on Thursday.  What a start that was.  Then I had to call the doctor and the drugstore to see what to do.  They said skip it for a few days next week and monitor for lows.  None yet.
 Doing laundry.  Just a small load.  I throw everything in at once and use lots of water, and a little soap.  It is Arm and Hammer sensitive skin soap.  I need it. Tumble all for half hour.  Then hang to dry all except a few items like sheets and towels.
Now on here until dryer stops. Lorrie says mail is waiting too.
 Still need to look in on cams.  So will CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #26912 on: June 09, 2023, 02:09:50 PM »

explosion
KYIV, June 9 (Reuters) - Evidence was growing on Friday that there was an explosion at the Kakhovka dam in southern Ukraine around the time it collapsed, according to Ukrainian and U.S. intelligence reports and seismic data from Norway.

Ukraine's security service said it had intercepted a telephone call proving a Russian "sabotage group" blew up the Kakhovka hydroelectric station and dam early on Tuesday in the Kherson region.

Norway's research foundation Norsar said that data collected from regional seismic stations showed clear signals of an explosion.

And U.S. spy satellites detected an explosion at the dam, a U.S. official was quoted as saying by the New York Times.

The destruction early on Tuesday of the facility - which had been in Russian hands since shortly after Russia's full-scale invasion of Ukraine in February 2022 - unleashed mass flooding, forcing thousands of residents to flee and wreaking environmental havoc.

The Security Service of Ukraine (SBU) posted a one-and-a-half minute audio clip on its Telegram channel of the alleged conversation, which featured two men who appeared to be discussing the fallout from the disaster in Russian.

Reuters could not independently verify the recording.

Russia has accused Kyiv of destroying the dam. The Russian foreign ministry did not immediately reply to a Reuters request for comment on the SBU statement.

"They (the Ukrainians) didn't strike it. That was our sabotage group," said one of the men on the recording, described by the SBU as a Russian soldier. "They wanted to, like, scare (people) with that dam."

"It didn't go according to plan, and (they did) more than what they planned for."

The man also said "thousands" of animals had been killed at a "safari park" downstream as a result.
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #26913 on: June 09, 2023, 02:17:26 PM »

By Jaroslav Lukiv
BBC News
Ukraine's military has launched attacks on occupying Russian forces in the key southern Zaporizhzhia region, Russian officials and military bloggers say.
They say Ukrainian troops - backed by tanks, artillery and drones - are trying to advance south of the town of Orikhiv for the second night running.
A senior Ukrainian defence official said the enemy was in "active defence".
Several military experts have said the focus of Ukraine's long awaited counter-offensive will be Zaporizhzhia.
They argue Kyiv is trying to regain access to the Sea of Azov, splitting the occupying Russian forces in the region into two detached groupings.
That would not only weaken Russia's combat capability but also eliminate a land bridge to Crimea, the southern peninsula illegally annexed by Russia in 2014.
Ukraine has been planning a counter-offensive for months, but it has wanted as long as possible to train troops and to receive advanced military equipment from Western allies.
The government is deliberately saying little about its plans but its forces are now probing Russian positions at several points along the front line, looking for signs of weakness.
Meanwhile Russian attacks on Ukraine continue. Overnight it launched fresh cruise missile and drone strikes, with falling debris killing at least one person in Zhytomyr to the west of the capital Kyiv.
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #26914 on: June 09, 2023, 02:22:18 PM »

Ukraine’s Counteroffensive Is Underway: Be Patient
By Ann Marie Dailey
June 9, 2023

This critical campaign isn’t just about tanks and other flashy equipment, it’s about the less glamorous supporting kit and personnel.

Days into the Russian invasion of Ukraine, one Ukrainian Orthodox leader reminded his church where they ought to direct their prayers.

“We perceive today that the archangel Michael, together with the whole heavenly host, is fighting for Ukraine. So many people from throughout Ukraine are turning to me and saying that they saw luminous angels over the land of Ukraine,” said Major Archbishop Sviatoslav Shevchuk of the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church in Kyiv.

“Today we pray, ‘O archangel Michael and all the powers of heaven, fight for Ukraine! Cast down that devil who is attacking us and killing us, bringing devastation and death!’”

Images and tributes to Michael the archangel, the patron saint of the capital and the country, can be found across Kyiv. And although the brutality of Russia’s attacks has left hundreds dead and sent millions fleeing the border, the Ukrainians have awed the world with their fight, resolve, and perseverance—spurred on in part, perhaps, by their admiration for this mighty archangel of war.

Perhaps the most recognized homage is a gold and bronze statue of the angel on an arch commemorating the Lach Gates in Kyiv’s Independence Square, the city’s primary fortification during the Mongols’ siege of Kyiv in 1240. Brandishing his sword and shield, Michael’s image is on Kyiv’s coat of arms and shows up in many other places around the city. (The Soviet Union briefly replaced the celestial being with chestnut leaves before he returned in 1995.

gb ukraine gb those animals sob

calihoula

« Reply #26915 on: June 09, 2023, 02:24:59 PM »

calihoula

« Reply #26916 on: June 09, 2023, 03:01:05 PM »

Steven Erlanger
By Steven Erlanger
June 9, 2023
Updated 9:24 a.m. ET
BRUSSELS — As optimism that Sweden will soon be able to join NATO rises, the Swedish government says it will allow the alliance to base troops on its territory even before formally joining the group.

“The government has decided that the Swedish Armed Forces may undertake preparations with NATO and NATO countries to enable future joint operations,” Prime Minister Ulf Kristersson and Defense Minister Pal Jonson said in an article for the Dagens Nyheter newspaper this week.

Those preparations could include the “temporary basing of foreign equipment and personnel on Swedish territory,” they wrote. “The decision sends a clear signal to Russia and strengthens Sweden’s defense.”

Sweden applied last year to join NATO as a result of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. Objections from Turkey and Hungary have delayed the bid, and Sweden now hopes to join before a NATO summit in Lithuania next month.

Turkey’s new foreign minister spoke to his Swedish counterpart on Wednesday. And next week, Jens Stoltenberg, the alliance’s secretary general, will meet with representatives of Finland, Sweden and Turkey.

Mr. Stoltenberg has said that Sweden has fulfilled Turkey’s demands, but Mr. Erdogan blocked Sweden’s membership during his re-election campaign, arguing that Stockholm has not done enough to fight terrorism — especially from the Kurdistan Workers’ Party, or P.K.K., which the United States and the European Union consider a terrorist group — and that it has not extradited some people Turkey wants.

But Sweden has in the last year amended its Constitution and toughened its antiterrorism law, which went into effect on June 1. It has also lifted an embargo on arms sales to Turkey.

In addition, the Swedish high court this week ruled that the government can extradite a Kurd who Turkey says is a supporter of the P.K.K. and is wanted in Turkey. The man, Mehmet Kokulu, was convicted in 2014 in Turkey for cannabis possession and was sentenced to four years and seven months in prison. After his release on parole, he legally traveled to Sweden in 2018, but Turkey has demanded his extradition, saying that he must complete his prison sentence there.

did this not say that man was released on parole and legally went to sweden

neva

« Reply #26917 on: June 09, 2023, 07:07:03 PM »

Tractor ...  25:05     91°  (4:03 pm)   Same old, same old -  Sunny and breezy ... no rain.  (Night time should be  63°)

I hope your day has been a good one.  All is well here.

Cal ...  Thanks for the photo of St. Michael's statue.  I wish they had photographed the front of the statue.  He's a favorite of mine.   
Thanks for the information.  What news service do you usually watch

Joho ...  Sometimes when you want to know how to fix or do something, you can find video on YouTube where people discuss things and show you how to do something,  Maybe there is something about Sprinkler Systems.  (Just a thought)
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

johoward

« Reply #26918 on: June 09, 2023, 10:01:39 PM »

Hi EV1.  You tube yes.  Good resource.  That is how I learn to cook Neva.  My original sprinkler problems were accurately diagnosed by the TV repairman.  The additional problem was not discovered until I went out to check on the grass after the system shut down.  At that time I found that the grass cutters had also cut the pipe at the foundation.  My main problem was inaccurate but LOUD and INSISTENT statements by the irrigation secretary who would not let me talk to the man who set the schedule.  Instead she insisted she knew his routine.  That meant if the system is on, it must be Monday.  So I turned off the water to stop the leak, and came in and took my Monday med.  When I went to mark the calindar I was in the wrong place.
Well all is well tonight. 
So I will say GB Ukraine please, and GBU GN

calhound

« Reply #26919 on: June 10, 2023, 05:21:29 AM »

Lily, Jewel, Loppy, and More - UPDATE June 9, 2023

Paul, yearling male
Hearing from bear viewers in the community, I learned that Lily and Loppy, and then Jewel and Loppy showed up in the last couple weeks over three miles from where these couples were first spotted. Glad to hear that Loppy was the mate for both. Lily is now alone, but Jewel hasn’t been spotted in the last couple days.

Woodchuck
Woodchuck
At another feeding station Katrina’s three yearlings are doing well. Female Padme and males Anakin and Obi-wan visit there quite often, as they did as orphaned cubs after their mother got a beaver trap on her foot and was shortly shot by a resident. The yearlings arrive singly from different directions, never more than two at a visit, and then leave together. They and other bears share food nicely with a coyote at that location.

Also at that feeding station, 6-year-old Carolyn (daughter of Donna) split from her male cubs Carl and Clay on May 24, the same day that Carolyn had her lower lip ripped. I wonder what all was going on during that family break-up.

Also at that feeding station, 6-year-old Lyla, daughter of Donna visited there three days ago, still with her three male yearlings—Emerson, Lake, and Palmer. Bears there calmly share food with a coyote.

At another feeding station, the bears share food with wolves, sometimes calmly and sometimes with a wolf patrolling and treeing bears. There, Jewel’s 5-year-old daughter JM showed up a couple days ago with her first litter—a single cub that hasn’t been seen well enough yet to determine the sex.

A lot more mothers with cubs will be arriving soon. As the mating season winds down toward the end of the month, we’ll also be seeing pregnant females and proud males.

Everyone has their eyes peeled and are trying to have their cameras ready to get ID pictures of their visitors as Shadow’s clan continues to grow.

The only pictures I got today as I took time off for Donna and my 44th wedding anniversary were of lonesome yearling Paul and a trusting woodchuck who came up onto the second floor deck for her carrots.

At the Bear Center today, "Taught" caught a nice 11-minute talk by biologist Spencer today. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-B0vdA6uvM

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #26920 on: June 10, 2023, 05:38:48 AM »

hi you guys its 63 here rain on the way again 48 and raining again in ice and 76 with showers in kyiv 68 in the barn not raining in there i saw on the news rain heading for canada which they should get everyones rain right now. brownine running off her mouth in the kitchen  i was fast reading update and saw something about a beavers foot trap so did not read anymore. pictures are good

hi neva sometimes i can get done with all my stuff and watch abc world news with david muir but alot of times i wake up at 2 am and watch cbs nora world news. stuff here i google and read bbc reuters etc. copy and paste it here. they probably showed the back of st michael cause showing ukraine people looking at it and the back of it is very impressive too. be really impressive if he struck putin down dead. i saw i think for you when i woke up real early it was 68 there. i think. its early you know

hi joho sure do not need a sprinkler deal here. everything so over grown. come winter be cutting back a whole lot of stuff trees outta hand and right by the house.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/7C055D5333A3?z=0

gb ukraine gth putin gb all animals gb us

neva

« Reply #26921 on: June 10, 2023, 04:38:53 PM »

Speed Bump ...  18:13     95°  (2:04 pm)    Sunny and slight breeze.  They say the Monsoon Season starts very soon -- a matter of days.  I'm afraid to hope that it will amount to anything much.  I hope I'm wrong, 'cause we need the rain.

Cal    Thanks for the front of the Statue.  That is some statue.  Yes, they need Michael and his sword.    I used to watch CNN all of the time, but for a while now have been watching ABC and CBS.  I've noticed one thing with CBS that I appreciate.  They will make an effort to bring some of the more positive, good stories as well.  We have to know about the bad stuff, but it is nice to hear that there are still people out there trying to make things better.  GB them.

Joho    I'm glad you are okay.  That could have been bad, taking your medications at the wrong time, which of course, you know.  Sometimes we get those people that we are forced to deal with.  They don't listen to you and they know everything.  It is frustrating and aggravating.       Have you done any cooking with a Slow Cooker/Crock Pot before?  That is such a nice way to cook.  You put your ingredients in the Pot in the morning, and by dinner time, it is ready.  I did that a lot when I was going out to the college for classes.   God Bless whoever came up with the idea.
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #26922 on: June 11, 2023, 05:45:51 AM »

hi you guys its 63 here raining 51 in ice and 61 sprinkles in kyiv 69 in the barn. mom raccoonie with her 3 kids in there i put out dry dog food go thru lots of that need more also gave mom cookies put some out for kids mom ran over to steal kids cookies oh mom put more out for the kids. i think a snake is in the barn not seen my mice run out so put out more snake away. smell is awful but that is what gets them gone come on winter.

hi neva i like the good stories too your right cbs and abc do that. david and norah. hope you get your rain weather channel talking about the monsoon season they have been talking about past hurricanes and alot on irma i thought of jp and having to leave his home go to miami and stay in that container deal remember he took pictures showed up people there had hot meals for them and his house was okay when they brought him back home!! he was safe alone then got that covid in that assit living place.   :(

hi joho!you have not spoke of boss for awhile is he okay somewhere in the city not sure where now they undid the pitbull ban so now people can adopt them that live there.   :)

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/98055D5BA4C0?z=0

gb ukraine gth putin gb all animals and gb us

johoward

« Reply #26923 on: June 11, 2023, 12:48:36 PM »

6:47 Not too bad for me.  Mind was wandering the whole time thinking of not being able to talk about Boss for Cal's comfort.
I did have a very nice day yesterday with Mary.  I took her to all of my favorite places and to meet a lot of my favorite people.  She was glad.
First we tried but did not find Amish strawberries.  Too little rain.  We did go see Jacob's Amish mom, Anna, to try to pinpoint Jacob and Emma's address for me to visit on my way to Ely.  It is in Westfield WI, and is about halfway to Ely.
  Anna tried hard but could not help us.  So we went to Litchfield to get help from her daughter, also Emma, Jacob's sister.  She was selling bakery out of her buggy on the round-about square in Litchfield and gave me their address.  I will call Westfield Post Office to find out where to go there.  My Tom Tom is not clear enough.  I bought their last loaf of homemade bread.
 Then went across the square to The Hungry Bear for lunch, and to introduce Joan's good friend Katy to Joan's good friend Mary.  How nice to do that finally.
  Now if I can get Debbie there before 2 someday, my goals will be complete.  Katy goes home at 2 for her family.
From there we headed for my sister Patty's home for her to sign Mary's copy of Patty's book. "That's Life, At least My Version Of It".   I mentioned to Mary she could know more about me if she got Patty's book.  She did. So a few days later she says could we get it signed, so we did yesterday. 
That tasty homemade Amish bread did not make it past Patty's house.  Her good friend Steven was there with us.  He said he likes that bread, so we gave it to him.
Then we headed for my computer so Mary could see the sweet supportive messages she and Joan traded years ago.  This was before and during Joan's cancer discovery. I had no idea they were in touch at that time  I found the chats a few days ago while Mary was trying to teach me to use Messenger. 
I don't stop thinking of her.  So I don't know how to sign off here.
 I am getting hungry though so CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

johoward

« Reply #26924 on: June 11, 2023, 12:51:53 PM »

Hey the puppies are outside.  That is as far as I got.   LOL