Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 603050 times)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #26895 on: June 07, 2023, 11:12:51 AM »

hi joho just got back from getting gas for pollys car next week my car needs it went to the bank and then down to excelisor sonic cause tomorrow is jims birthday and i always get him a 100.00 gift card to the sonic forgot to get it other day at richmond sonic already went to the barn need to feed cats downstairs again and this and that but i stopped in my office here and checked falcon cam close up her and kids pretty cool then my tvs look how big those two kids are already! under mom but came out no head bonking either. nice well behaved kids. i hardly slept last night dam seeing video of that showing ukraine area with cows dogs and people so much suffering cause of one idiot hellbound idiot. i do not get war what has putin gotten nothing nothing lost lives lost homes torture lost of his own soldiers lost his soul and yet keep on doing it and worse blowing up dam what will be next with him how much will finally be too much. weather wise i am ready for winter ready for clock to go back an hour but that is only for 4 and half months stupid to get use to that extra then pulled away. watch your air heard on the news in car canada fires which sob making alot of smoke up there for you and others.
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #26896 on: June 07, 2023, 12:03:33 PM »

We are safe from fire and smoke Cal.  Debbie said she smelled smoke this morning from across the Lake I guess.
Lunch time and you know how much I like to eat.  Bye for now.

calihoula

« Reply #26897 on: June 07, 2023, 05:48:53 PM »

happy you guys are okay joho from fire and smoke i know you love lunch time i love dinner time ate little cheese pizza with the dogs ready to lay down eat my little debbie fancy cakes oh my god tv on david muir world news showing that flooding how does others on this earth let putin keep it up forget you nato but other humans on this earth not stop this
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

neva

« Reply #26898 on: June 07, 2023, 06:20:23 PM »

Old Salty...  20:56     91°  (3:03 pm)    Bright + sunny, w/ gauzy clouds and the wind is starting to come up.  This time last year, it was hotter; more triple digit days.  It's dry, no rain for a while.

I hope you day is going well.

Hi Cal ...   Yes, how would these shooter like to be on the receiving end?  What I can't understand about the destruction of that Dam is that various officials in our government don't want to make a definitive statement about who they think blew up the Dam. They don't know yet ???  Really?  Does anyone really think that Zelensky did that to his own people?  That really bothers me.

Hi Joho ...     I'm not quite sure what you are asking, but about me personally, it is true, it is rare that I go anywhere other than doctor's appointments.  Yes, that is boring and I wish I didn't have to, but glad that I do have access to the help that I need.  I am not a 'people person' though I've enjoyed friendships throughout my life, and still do.  I am happy with my own company too.  I read a lot,.. have Kindle on my laptop.  I have my art supplies here with me and keep in touch with people with my laptop.  I used to be quite active, as you can imagine, I was raising five kids while working on a College degree.  But at my age now, things are different, my health is different ... so, my life is different and I am doing fine with it.  I love hearing about others too, and what they are doing.  I'm happy when I hear that things are going well, and sympathetic when they are not.

To sum all that up, we are all trying to make the best of what we've got. 
« Last Edit: June 07, 2023, 06:25:13 PM by neva »
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

johoward

« Reply #26899 on: June 07, 2023, 09:38:08 PM »

Hi Neva,
I was talking only about the weather.  I meant that my limited knowledge of your weather tells me it is fairly consistent day to day.  That's all. As compared to here in Ohio near Lake Erie where weather usually changes frequently.  This is the fifth identical week for our dry spell.  A very rare thing around here.
Thanks though for sharing a glimpse of your activities and interests.  I might add Bear Chatting to my list too. LOL
Good Night now and GBU

calhound

« Reply #26900 on: June 08, 2023, 05:32:46 AM »

hi you guys i was watching the falcon cam must of been from yesterday cause it is so light out daytime but showing cam zooming around parent above the box kids in box then parent flew around and landed on that stick next to the box 4 mouths opening feed me feed me kids look bigger than parent

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #26901 on: June 08, 2023, 05:35:54 AM »

Love is in the Air - UPDATE June 7, 2023

Ravens touching beaks
The word is that Loppy likes famous den cam females. A week and a half ago he was with Lily. Now he is with Jewel. Next year, we’ll see if we can recognize him in their cubs.

Rosy Maple Moth male
Rosy Maple Moth male
The only bear I saw here today was little yearling Paul. His play buddy is off somewhere, and mature bears are busy with important activities. Females are covering a lot of ground laying down scent trails for males to find and follow, even venturing into neighboring territories to steal their males. Meanwhile males are frantically scent-marking in their own ways—stomp-walking; rubbing their backs, necks, and crowns on trees; and walking over shrubs and covering them with urine as they track down females. For more info, visit: https://bear.org/courtship-and-mating/

In the red pine across the yard, a pair of ravens sat touching beaks back and forth for several minutes this morning.

Outside the window, female pink and yellow Rosy Maple Moths (Dryocampa rubicunda) with their simple antennae were giving off pheromones while nearby males used their complex, comb-like antennae to search them out.White-tailed deer buck
White-tailed deer buck

On another note, a mature buck rested quietly out the window growing antlers that are already large enough in diameter to imagine a spectacular rack by the time mating season begins in November. He is also shedding the last of his two-layered winter fur that include long hollow guard hairs while he grows in the reddish-brown non-hollow, short thin guard hairs that let him stay cool in summer.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #26902 on: June 08, 2023, 06:03:06 AM »

its 68 here heavy rain to come soon 50 raining in ice and 72 in kviv 666 degrees in moscow as satan lives there loppy sure is getting around overnight stay at the ladies place.

Hi Joho! i knew you meant nevas weather wow wish we had a dry spell so does jim and justin cause indys pasture is next to be cut and baled and it really needs it. put up hay for indy in our enclosed trailer and inside jims barn he had a whole section for it so be enough for the year but it needs to not rain for a week. tv babies just getting bigger every single day. 

hi neva oh do i know what you what you mean by having to change our lifestyle. for sure. i dont go alot either cant walk alone and hurts to walk i really need to go see my doctor but you know. but if he could make me feel better i am a idiot to not go. still that idiot in me is there. i got a kindle but i switch to libby on my ipad so easy i love it put in my library cards info and now check out books on my ipad just got an old book i have read many times but love it valley of the dolls. jacquiine suzanne. been waiting for a month or so. now find time to read it. i need to mow the dogs yard my mower is in the garage with door opener so i just get on and open the door with remote and head out close door drive over to the gate get off but mower close to the gate take off that big screen deal keep out rabbits in the dogs yard and cats. i dont go do stuff with missy anymore she knows i cant and takes me all day to do all my chores. we do talk here and there and got you guys! but winter changes some stuff up no more mowing i tend to be able to read little more or play my game on my switch. yesterday i called becky with our home and car insurance had her pay our bill with elec check but as soon as she answered the phone i started talking penny came out  from under the table and started her high loud pitch whining loud i said penny shut up but no shut up i said im so sorry becky my dog does not like for me to talk on the phone and she started laughing. i said i cant put her outside its hot and she has grass allergies and heat brings it on then i have to put her on pred and then she has pee all the time!! becky was laughing so hard. i said someone dumped her and her sister brownie years back she said well they dump them at the right place. so i went into my room to talk to her. i am so with you on that dam destruction and not wanting to make a statement on who did that it was Putin it was Putin wth pres zen would never do that to his people putin would and you know it!! 

gb ukraine go to hell putin gb all animals and gb us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/BD055D50E0A1?z=0

calihoula

« Reply #26903 on: June 08, 2023, 10:21:30 AM »

hi you guys been raining here stopped for now dog shame penny window watcher brownie too they are big dogs no stretching just walk up move curtain look out the window i dont think i have ever heard them or cali fart now indy
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

neva

« Reply #26904 on: June 08, 2023, 05:32:58 PM »

Thorenc  ...  26:34      92°  (2:40 pm)    Sunny and breezy, as always.

Hi Joho ... oops ... sorry, I sure missed that one.  lol!   Yes, the weather here can be very consistent, and boring, if you think about it too much.  I sometimes read about you two getting rain, and I wish we were.  Day to day, it is the same, but over the decades since I was a child, it has changed quite a lot.  I liked it better then, in many ways.  Also, so many times I've watched floods, hurricanes and tornados on the news and said to myself, I am so glad to be here in the desert.

Hi Cal  ...   "Hey Mom, get off the phone!"   I used to get that too.   Human or furry kids, it doesn't matter. 

I hope that it will work out where you can get some help with your knees, and mobility in general.  In the house, I use a cane, and outside, because of the uneven ground, I use a walker.  I am prone to falling if I am not extremely careful, and I know that you fall as well.  I'm fine if I just sit down, but you know, you have to get up and move.  😕   
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

johoward

« Reply #26905 on: June 08, 2023, 05:46:17 PM »

Hi EV1.  It's OK Neva.  Also wish to comment that I am more in tune with your hours than I am with our fearless leaders.
Your understanding of my comments gave me something to think about.
Now Cal, I can only speak for myself.  I strongly regret not getting my knee sooner.  I lost a lot of my life.  I used my wife's needs as an excuse to delay, but it really was a mistake.
Did not do puzzle yet, but I will. May make dinner first.
Hearing you talk about kindle books etc. makes me wonder if you might like to know a little more about my life.  My youngest sister has published her life story and she includes all our siblings. Eight total.
Debbie got me a copy from Amazon for about $15 in paperback, but it also is in some libraries.
 Her name is: Dr. Patricia Wyman PHD  The title is: "That's Life,  At Least My Version Of It".
Did not go out today except for a short ride on my bike.  Had some irrigation issues going on.  I think they finally got it fixed.  I blamed the TV guy for breaking an underground pipe while burying a new b TV wire, but turns out it was a bad component in sprinkler system which is less than two years old.
 Getting ready to go to Bear Course in Ely on July 2nd.  Course starts on the third but it is a long ride for me.  Spent quite a lot of time on bear chat with Iowa and Marge today getting tips for a happy trip.
  Haven't heard much from Mary today.  She is busy.  Funny I only know her for four days and I miss her already.  She is coaching me to try Facebook.  I am not good at it, but getting better.  We have traded messages on messenger.
 I like texting better , because it is in my pocket and I get a tone/buzz when one comes in.  I only see Facebook when on my computer, and I remember to turn it on.  I have so many cams and sites I go to that I sometimes forget to check Facebook.
I will go do that now and maybe start cooking something.
CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

johoward

« Reply #26906 on: June 08, 2023, 05:49:03 PM »

On snowman racoon on table

johoward

« Reply #26907 on: June 08, 2023, 05:50:22 PM »

Yes Cal I think that was the dad falcon mom is there now and she is bigger.

johoward

« Reply #26908 on: June 08, 2023, 05:57:01 PM »

Pups are happy to have company. I love how they like to use a pillow when they lay down  Often it is a sibling. LOL
Now I really got to cook some of Lorrie's chicken soup.
Bye and I think Good Night and GB

johoward

« Reply #26909 on: June 08, 2023, 09:18:55 PM »

6:00 even finally got to it too busy of a day.
I will say GN GBU and GB Ukraine