Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 627855 times)

calihoula

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #26880 on: June 04, 2023, 11:13:11 AM »

hi joho we let indy out at 7 am storms coming this afternoon let him out in corral back in let out jim went to get him i said doubt he comes i just saw him running around the pasture having fun jim could not catch him indy running around having fun jim is going in with gator so i gotta go
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #26881 on: June 04, 2023, 12:33:35 PM »

hi joho like old times i drove the gator out by indy jim riding shotgun shaking grain bowl no jim get out walk up to indy give me grain and lead rope jim walks up to him indy lay his ears flat gives jim the look runs up to me and gator i thought just get that snap through that loop and i did feeding indy grain cookie jim walked up slow got the lead walking indy up to barn and mind you showing ME how to lead him wth horses my whole life jim never even around a farm animal till me i thought if my mom was still here or my granny or my sister susie even my dad. you would get an earful. indy such a good boy he was sweating flies back on him and he hates flies now fly free in nice cool barn. fresh hay water combed out.
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #26882 on: June 04, 2023, 12:47:20 PM »

turkey vultures one baby over here other over there parent in the middle them kids getting big already parents make the most out of being with them

neva

« Reply #26883 on: June 04, 2023, 07:07:14 PM »

Door and Bush... 17:14    99°  (4:12 pm)   Sunny w/ some clouds, and a bit of a breeze, thankfully.

I hope your day is a good one.

Hi Joho ...  I'm another one that really hates trying to work our problems over the phone ... you are either on hold forever, or talking to someone that you can hardly understand ...   Recently I had trouble logging in to my bank site,  I finally got to talk to someone, and was told to dump the cookies.  I did and the problem with the bank site was resolved, but most of my other sites didn't recognize my computer then.  That was my own fault though, I've been online long enough to know that you never just randomly dump cookies.  I have a couple more phone calls to make to straighten out some issues, and I have been putting it off a bit,

Hi Cal ...   Indy sure keeps you and Jim busy,  It is wonderful that they have such a comfortable barn to be in.
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #26884 on: June 05, 2023, 05:45:36 AM »

hi you guys my computer messing up bbl gotta pick up groceries

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/EC055D5A513A?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #26885 on: June 05, 2023, 11:40:11 AM »

Hi my friends,  I guess I am flustered today. LOL I did the puzzle just now and forgot to see the time before I switched screens to see our babies.
 I went to visit Mary a widow and long time neighbor of Joan and I from the past  yesterday.  I got there at 2:30pm, as arranged.  At 8:20pm she says aren't you hungry?  I had totally lost track of the time, because we had so much history to catch up on.
  We went to Marco's and got a nice pizza.  She was disappointed they did not offer some sort of desert.  She wanted to treat us, because I got the pizza.  We went back to her home and enjoyed that pizza while she started sharing her memories and history.
  Next thing I know it is 12:30 am and I headed finally for the door. We were trying also to get her "friended" an Joan's Facebook.  That took a while at her house and a while after I got home.  We finally gave up for the night at about 2:30 am. Never did get her "friended".
I think l I like her and her little dog, Molly, who does not like me yet.  Even though I gave her a whole little dish of treats one at a time.  Molly could have been kind of tired and irritable after listening to us babble on and on for NINE HOURS! Good Lord where did the day go.
Now here I am blabbing again to all of you, seen and unseen, and I don't care. It was very nice to have someone to listen so well.
Sorry Cal for your net.  Neva and I will pray to the internet Gods for swift recovery for you.
GBU and GB Ukraine

neva

« Reply #26886 on: June 05, 2023, 03:44:04 PM »

Beach Shack ...  28:27     98°  (1:42 pm)   Sunny w/ wispy clouds + windy.  It's supposed to reach 100° today, and it did yesterday for about a half hour or so before it went down again.

Cal ...  I hope your computer problems clear up.

Joho ...  Really, I enjoy hearing about your adventures.  You certainly had a great day, and helped someone else to have one as well.  Your life is far from boring, you have good friends, and reach out to them too.  That really is wonderful.  And, you are trying to take care of yourself... a real bonus.  And you have a decent attitude.  I must say, it is admirable.

About the bike thing, my granddaughter and boyfriend took her bike over to their place, as well as her cat, Sassy.  A beautiful black short-haired one.  No news on the stolen bike.  I don't expect to hear anything either ... I think it is long gone and far away.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2023, 03:45:35 PM by neva »
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #26887 on: June 06, 2023, 06:04:05 AM »

hi you guys its 60 here 47 raining in iceland 76 in kyiv 64 in the barn falcon cam looks like mom feeding kids light traffic tv mom sleeping kids sleeping no donkey barn

hi joho! what a time you had with mary and molly pizza too you were up pretty late i was sleeping i use to spend all day with my mom on saturdays. but we went here and there and over there back over there just had fun you know. spend time with my boobie too so nice you spent time with them!

hi neva good your grand got her bike and her cat maybe they may just find his bike i sure hope so. maybe he can get another one down the road get renter insurance have it insured. still hoping they find his.

i was in a hurry yesterday got more ac work too do get groceries but i needed to update my chrome my google i had lost my tabs and my post finally able to repost that little bit so updated all that and fixed it. there was my original post but i just deleted it and went on. i have a brand computer sitting behind me in the box dreading this one not working any more cause that will be an ordeal and i say when i got some spare time i will set it up on my other desk in here what i did with this one long ago then just make the move easier. well gotta go dogs hungry cats set mouse traps in the attic throw in laundry head back to the barn.

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/B6055D545492
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #26888 on: June 06, 2023, 07:55:10 AM »

5:41 Good morning EV1. Hope you are all well.  Nice again here in Ohio.  60 degrees and hazy.  My next door neighbor tells me the haze is smoke from fires in Canada on the other side of Lake Erie.  No rain in site for a week.
Had a second very nice visit with Mary and Molly.  Mary is a very loving animal mom. I told her she and Cal have a lot in common.  I think she was impressed with the "took live mouse out of snakes mouth" episode.
 Mary lovingly nurtures tiny animals in terrariums others would have trouble even looking at.  She is well versed on the care and behavior of all her wards.
I have to be a little careful here not to offend, because I showed her how to look in on our chat. I do my best sharing on here, and am glad to do it.  It gets my day started right by thinking of others.
 Maybe someday she will join in our chat and meet us and our bears, and eagles, and dogs, and falcons, and vultures we love.
Good morning Mary.
I will say bye for now.  I want to go for a ride to Medina for some desert at Circles On The Square.  I will share with Melissa what I learned from Mary we should have done with the baby bird last Spring.  If you recall Melissa helped me find an animal hospital to save the baby bird I found on the city walk in front of her store. I drove quite a ways to Copley Ohio and went through an anxiety ridden episode to get the bird cared for. 
I am sure it was well cared for, but it did not have it's mom.  Mary explained that if I had just taken it across the street for shelter under a bush in the park, it would have called it's mother for care.  I am sure Mary is correct, and I want to share this knowledge with Melissa for next time. 
So I will say bye for now.  Thanks for being here. CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

calihoula

« Reply #26889 on: June 06, 2023, 11:27:51 AM »

hi joho hi mary and molly i hooked up garden hose to drain deal for barn ac. buried under dirt and stuff so just seeing if it will work again. jim put in new ac coils inside furnace new blower motor months ago but still not ton of cold air coming out of all ducts in there water still draining at bottom of furnace i have a window slider screen across that big square hole at bottom of furnace and a filter over it with two small bricks holding it up bucket to catch draining water which not much it use to be alot use to use just the screen no filter so i took it off wow water really draining out now! wow tons of cold air outta those ducts so fills up big bucket fast now i use water for raccoonies pans maybes etc oh this morning six raccoonies with three little brand new faces eating dog food i put out and cookies so i better go check see if water running out of that hose outside make a little pond if so lots will enjoy that again. filter blocking air i clean that screen now.

calihoula

« Reply #26890 on: June 06, 2023, 11:28:08 AM »

KHERSON, Ukraine (AP) — A major dam in southern Ukraine collapsed Tuesday, triggering floods, endangering crops in the country’s breadbasket and threatening drinking water supplies as both sides in the war scrambled to evacuate residents and blamed each other for the destruction.

Ukraine accused Russian forces of blowing up the Kakhovka dam and hydroelectric power station on the Dnieper River in an area that Moscow has controlled for over a year, while Russian officials blamed Ukrainian bombardment in the contested area. It was not possible to verify the claims.

The environmental and social consequences quickly became clear as homes, streets and businesses flooded downstream and emergency crews began evacuations; officials monitored water for cooling systems at the Zaporizhzhia nuclear plant; and authorities expressed concern about supplies of drinking water to the south in Crimea, which Russia illegally annexed in 2014.

ADVERTISEMENT
In the downstream city of Kherson, a woman who gave her name only as Tetyana waded through thigh-deep water to reach her flooded house and rescue her dogs. They were standing on any dry surface they could find but one pregnant dog was missing. “It’s a nightmare,” she kept repeating, declining to give her full name.

Both Russian and Ukrainian authorities brought in trains and buses for residents. About 22,000 people live in areas at risk of flooding in Russian-controlled areas, while 16,000 live in the most critical zone in Ukrainian-held territory, according to official tallies. Neither side reported any deaths or injuries.

A satellite photo Tuesday morning by Planet Labs PBC analyzed by The Associated Press showed a large portion of the dam’s wall, more than 600 meters (over 1,900 feet), missing.

The dam break added a stunning new dimension to Russia’s war, now in its 16th month. Ukrainian forces were widely seen to be moving forward with a long-anticipated counteroffensive in patches along more than 1,000 kilometers (621 miles) of front line in the east and south.

It was not immediately clear whether either side benefits from the dam’s collapse, since both Russian-controlled and Ukrainian-held lands are at risk.

calihoula

« Reply #26891 on: June 06, 2023, 06:05:41 PM »

i had to turn off the world news showing that dam breaking saying so many sob animals died then showed that putin walking laughing with his group. russia did that pres zen said to stop their offensive move im not just mad at putin mad at nato not letting ukraine in back in 2008 when george w bush said they have a right to be in us saying ukraine cost too much mad more has not been done excuse oh we dont want to escalate the sitiuation really what about ukraine think its escalated there enough fool around and let that pos putin have it all then china will go for it.

neva

« Reply #26892 on: June 06, 2023, 06:15:11 PM »

Carriage ...  26:57    96°  (3:28 pm)   Sunny, a few clouds and a mild breeze.

I hope all is well with all of you.

Hi Cal ...  I hadn't heard about that dam blowing up.  Thanks for the information.  Putin is delusional if he thinks anyone believes the Ukrainians are responsible for that.  They would not do that to their own people.  Those people have been through so much, and for so long now, and then a flood like this.   It is a nightmare.

Glad to hear your furnace/cooling situation is working out.  Your furry kids are lucky. 

Hi Joho ...  It's good to have Mary's expertise at hand.  When my kids were young, we had more than one occasion of trying to help young birds and it is not easy, and it feels bad when you fail.  Cal is another one that is good with birds, and everything else.
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #26893 on: June 07, 2023, 06:20:28 AM »

hi you guys its 66 here 54 in ice and 74 in kyiv 69 in the barn. 

hi neva another shooting i saw when i woke up at 2 am tv on the news graduation for college kids make it thru college and get shot i think all these shooters should be put on a plane no big trial no this and that on a plane sent to russia ukraine front lines and you want to shoot shoot and make sure it is on the news so other wanna be shooters will see their fate. hate rep here get this gun no wait get you an assualt rifle  no waiting mental illness well not a problem nra yes get one today. putin is a liar a hell bound creep liar who will do anything and everything to get his way and NO one ends him  might escalate it we are already saying russias fault course ukraine would not do that pres zen  so mad war crimes yes putin a war criminals means nothing if he still can do all this.

gb ukraine go to hell putin gb all animals and gb us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/54055D5BDFEA

johoward

« Reply #26894 on: June 07, 2023, 07:06:47 AM »

6:09 I think.  I was thinking of something else, you know who, while doing the puzzle, and deleted the page before I wanted to. 
Had another very nice day yesterday.  Did a lot of reaching out to old, in every way, friends from school.  Learned a lot about cat rescue and bird saving and how to get bones out of my chicken soup for Debbie.  BTW I got three out of three on flavor, and will make some more when it gets a little cooler.
Right now everything here is is like a desert.  I had to hand start the irrigation this morning, because someone kept me up last night, and I slept 25 minutes past the start time.  It is cycling now.  THe grass is clearly loving it and is greening up nicely.
Going to be another gorgeous day they say.  Which is getting kind of boring really.  Neva how do you tackle the tedium of repeated days that are similar?  I am assuming for you.  Forgive me if I am wrong.
It is bad enough that I can't keep track of the day of the week due to similar daily activities.  Now for weeks nothing changes outside my window, except the mowers, and the garbage trucks once a week. Even the mowers skipped last week.  Due to no growth from dry weather.
Cal I second Neva's gratitude for your Ukraine reporting.  You are truly my best source, and you add an appropriate "sob" now and then for " color" as they say.  I know you probably lose some sleep over this, but don't give up.
 I feel God will eventually hear our pleas and smite the evil doers.  It is just that his schedule in not clear to us.  As humans we tend to be less patient with tyrants.  I for one cannot begin to see the good God sees in prolonged war.  I say this, because there are, and have been, so many long wars over time.
OK enough sadness for now.  I have been watering my lawn for over an hour now.  Got to go shut it down now.
  Good bye for now and thanks again for being here EV 1.  GBU and GB Ukraine.