Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1221709 times)

johoward

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #26940 on: June 15, 2023, 07:01:44 AM »

7:15 tree bluebells, and I thought I never would get done with tree fence 9:00.
I got thrown off jury, because of that book my sister wrote.  Case was too close to the events in that book where I am mentioned by name.  The judge said this could have lead to a mistrial later.
 Not sure yet what they think of my Friday wedding. They did not say, but they kept my invite.  I have to call in tonight again for possible duty tomorrow.  I did make good use of my day off though.
I got a haircut where I got to share a 24 year old employee grievance with a powerful man I have been waiting to see all that time.  He did not remember the incident.  Funny when your in the barber chair you are trapped.  We were both trapped and I got to say about 80% of what I wanted. We wound up friends.  He is the second son of my godfather.  His grandmother was a tiny silver haired lady who was a precinct committee person and I think a pole worker.  She was the most powerful woman I ever met because her wit and her network of friends.
After the barber I was invigorated by my excess adrenaline.  I zoomed around for a while.  Don't remember the sequence, but I got tires, went to post very important letters, got my repaired cd player off the front porch, went to my two favorite country restaurants which were both closed, and finally Mary says come over I will feed you.  So I zoomed happily over to her place for a very good evening on her beautiful veranda. It was a wonderful visit again.  Like Cal we both felt for years that there was no after life for us, but we are now feeling that maybe there is.
 Of course our families are being affected in some exciting ways.  Hopefully the shock will wear of for them and we can all enjoy each others company. I think we can.
 Mary has the day off today, and will probably read this.  So, I say hi Mary. HAGD
Breakfast is waiting, and I have to check all our babies.
 CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #26941 on: June 15, 2023, 09:57:25 AM »

hi joho went to town bank now barn lots of chores all the time not sure what your like cal we felt no afterlife    like after not being married anymore? i never thought i would not have an afterlife not planning on leaving too if jim goes first. i gots all,my animals that love me so and if i got better had more free time i would go out go with missy my friend like we use too. she has been divorced for ten years loves just being her and her mom lost missys dad just her not dating dont want too its to each their own. ive been married almost my whole life would be no more but still have my life. see my niece jeanne who is single lives alone with her cats so happy loves her job her friends loves living by herself like i said to each their own if puzzle too, hard then dont work it joho i have lots too do i just post a puzzle alice works them so does neva hagd
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #26942 on: June 15, 2023, 11:08:51 AM »

Updates
Lucy Lactating, and a New Boat - UPDATE June 14, 2023

Lucy in 2022
The good word is that 7-year-old Lucy showed up lactating (her second litter) and weighing a good 200 pounds (exactly). We’re hoping to actually see the cubs soon.

Lynn and Donna in the boat
Lynn and Donna
 Mike and Lorie   
Mike and Lorie   https://www.bearstudy.org/images/stories/images/Updates_2023/20230614_Mike_Lorie_in_boat.jpg
Another good word is that friends bought a nice little electric boat, thinking especially about Black Bear Field Course participants who might enjoy a choice between a quiet motor versus canoes. With the seats in place it was time for a test drive. In keeping with my practice of letting someone else do the really dangerous stuff, I let Mike and Lorie try out the narrow boat that might be tippy. It wasn’t, so Donna and I took our turn, bringing the camera since it looked safe. The lone hooded merganser on Woods Lake flew before we got close enough, so I just snapped two pictures of local lodging—the beaver lodge and the WRI cabin up in the woods. The boat is easy to take pictures from, and it was easy to run—just twist the handle one way to go forward and the other way to go backward.Stop is in the middle. Just grab and steer—totally safe, not tippy like a canoe but not as fast. I found out the life jacket is mandatory (the law) whether you can swim or not.

Beaver lodge woods lake
Beaver lodge on Woods Lake
 WRI on woods lake
WRI on Woods Lake
Thank you friends for the new WRI boat.

And thank you all for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #26943 on: June 15, 2023, 11:11:33 AM »

nice update nice friends new boat joho you may get ride in it!

johoward

« Reply #26944 on: June 15, 2023, 01:02:44 PM »

Yes, I may go in boat.  How did those huge logs get so far up on that beaver house? 
Yes Cal, that is what I meant.  I find that recently I do desire company and conversation more than I thought I ever would. I need to share this with Debbie soon.
 TV and the internet are losing their appeal.  This chat is my favorite right now.  Messenger is growing on me though.  I don't read much printed matter any more. It is not fun. My glasses don't work well.  Going out to eat is fun, but I am cheap and the prices in the restaurants are exorbitant.  I remember long ago on a trip to Washington DC we went into a hotel and they wanted $5 for a burger.  I thought that was too high. Ha! Now they are $5 at McDonalds and $15 to $20 or more  everywhere else.
Well I am home for just a few minutes.  Did get lugs tested and tightened.  Told them the tires seem to ride nicely.  Also went to several Amish farms, but they had no berries. Next week they said.
 Went to Hungry Bear to apologize to Sue for calling her Debbie.  Neither one was there today.  So that was almost a wasted 10 or 15 miles out of my way.  I say almost because I did get a great breakfast for lunch.  An older gent came in by himself, I thought.  I asked if he would like to share my table.  He said he was not alone.  Soon a lady joined him for lunch.  They sat at a very nearby table.  We talked just a little. He said he had lost two wives to cancer and had a third at home. When our food arrived at about the same time he offered to include me in his table prayer.  I gladly accepted. I wanted to pick up their tab, but they refused.  I will next time.
They left a little before me.  When I went out I headed around the corner to get to the highway and there they were at the stop sign.  They had parked out back in the truck area.  He was riding shotgun in a huge dually truck pulling a stock trailer.  She was the driver and gave me a nice smile and wave. I was happy as I headed for home.  Now I will say cul ev1 GBU and GB Ukraine

calihoula

« Reply #26945 on: June 15, 2023, 02:37:41 PM »

calihoula

« Reply #26946 on: June 15, 2023, 02:43:47 PM »

joho you pick up eats tabs alot you are not cheap i saw firework tent today hate fireworks unless on tv pbs but also means to me summer on its way toward the door aug brings chiefs back you like to watch football did that lady have a horse in stock trailer?

johoward

« Reply #26947 on: June 15, 2023, 05:56:17 PM »

Could not see for sure .  Could have been, but was not a horse trailer.  It was a wide, I think you would call it a stake body.  You could see through it.
Cal I did see video.  That log is big around and three or four feet long.  The ones on the house look about that diameter, but much longer to me.  I wonder if they ever team up?
Joan taught me to look for someone to help out.  She often would surprise me and the waitresses. I am clumsy at it.   I tend to wait a little too long or the waitress does not come close enough to talk to.
No Cal, I am not cheap when I help others, but I am genetically a Scotsman known for being tight with a penny.  I have been buying a lot of off brand items for the last couple of years.  Joan would never do that.  She stuck with her favorite brands.
Haven't heard from Mary for a couple hours.  I guess I will go cook for one as usual.
Finally off duty at the jury office.  They said not tomorrow so duty is complete.  Debbie and I can go to Chris's wedding without concern.  Feels good. We will leave at 2pm tomorrow.
I will go cook now.  CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

johoward

« Reply #26948 on: June 15, 2023, 10:22:40 PM »

I think the bears have stopped by on Snow.  The table looks to be on it's side and the bird feeder is missing.
Our eagles and TV are sleeping.  I remember the first time I saw them sprawled out in the nest.  I thought they were dead. LOL
I think I will turn in too.  GN and may the good lord take a liken to ya.

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #26949 on: June 16, 2023, 05:39:40 AM »

hi you guys listening to howling in the kitchen no point in yelling from in here jim off ford works now 10 hour days four days a week. its 60 here 60 in ice and 80 in kyiv 66 in the barn and 9 raccoonies i was throwing out cookies trying to feed cats maybe and howler just throw and go maybe went out with me so as soon as i am done here back to barn put her back in raccoonies will have moved on to their beds by then.

hi joho tv cam showing only part of one kid and falcon i saw both parents yes dad much bigger i buy off brands alot but some stuff off brand not as good like cheese puffs walmart brand not so good cheetos are. really dont need them in the first place.  with cost rising mostly buy off brands. have a good time at the wedding today.

i neva i saw on the weather channel yesterday i think like 7 pm my time it was 96 there way too hot for me. i woke up at 1 am and was looking at the weather channel that tornado someone had on video was amazing scary too. in perrington tx just awful.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/26055D4CA9FB?z=0

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #26950 on: June 16, 2023, 07:04:08 AM »

5:59 YAY for me!
Cal, that dog has the most expressive eyes ever.  He is obviously sorry to be caught.  Or maybe sorry he did eat the wall.  Not sure which.
Had a pretty good day yesterday.  Mary had other things she had to do.  She told me, but DA that I am sometimes, I forgot.  Late in the evening when storms were threatening we did finally get a chance to text.  I was greatly relieved.  I won't see her today either, but at least I know why and will not worry.
I went to Amish farms in the morning with no luck.  So when I saw a good price on CA strawberries at Aldis, I bought 5 two pound tubs for only $1.69 each.  Then tried to find someone who would like to have them.  Harder than it seemed at the time. Gave one each to Debbie, little Mary (Bash's mom), and Lorrie.  Tried hard to get one to Mary.  Could not do it because of her activities that I had forgotten.  So I just smashed up all four pounds that I had in a bowl in the fridge.  I will eat them in my cereal for a few days.
At Drugmart I bought a couple of two for five dollar movies so I can test the CD player Billy fixed for me.  I did have two chick flicks for this purpose, but I can't find them.  I think I gave them away.  Probably to some chick. LOL  Sadly though I cannot find find my two Bear CDs I got for donating.  I lost them when I moved.  I will keep looking.
OK now my second cup is ready, and I did not finish the paper yet. 
So CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

johoward

« Reply #26951 on: June 16, 2023, 08:02:58 AM »

I think the GSB falcons will fledge today.

johoward

« Reply #26952 on: June 16, 2023, 08:08:12 AM »

All four have beaten the bugs.  I am very happy to see them jumping in and out.  One is on the roof.

johoward

« Reply #26953 on: June 16, 2023, 08:20:24 AM »

The Avon Lake  and the Decorah eagles are all hanging out near to the edge of their nests.  It is like any time now they will fledge.  The Vulture babies are looking so nice and are safe and comfortable.  Soon they will be thumping their way around the loft out of sight making us wonder what they are up to. Squeeing is loud now. Got to go see what is up.

johoward

« Reply #26954 on: June 16, 2023, 09:39:21 AM »

Two GSB Falcons have left the box.