Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1065437 times)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #28710 on: July 22, 2024, 04:59:46 AM »

hi you guys its 62 and the moon is back! seems like been awhile since i saw it.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/54055D5BDFEA?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #28711 on: July 22, 2024, 11:32:36 AM »

5:50  Roy Cooper does look like a viable candidate to me.  This is the first time I have heard his name.
I am getting over my cold today, but I just got back from Debbie's.  She has a cold now, and is caring for Odin.  So he will have it next.  Then Nick and Brian  etc.
Have avoided Karen for her sake.  I will call her later today.  She wants badly to do something comforting for me, but I am over the worst already.
Tomorrow I will drive to Akron to bring home some animals that have been neutered.  I will use my Tom Tom GPS and make sure I do not run out of battery.
I will say CUL now.  GBU, Israel, Ukraine, and those who are suffering.

calhound

« Reply #28712 on: July 23, 2024, 05:12:40 AM »

hi you guys its 64 and kinda humid oh weather lady said 100% humidity well kinda humid barn is at 68 house ac is running right now

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/16055D5C246D?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #28713 on: July 23, 2024, 09:23:09 PM »

7:07  Hard Day today.  Did finally get down to Akron and brought back 8 dogs and 10 cats that had been neutered. I am trying to get over this cold I caught in MN.  I am winning, but right now I am bushed. So I will CUL EV1 GBU and good night.

calhound

« Reply #28714 on: July 24, 2024, 04:49:35 AM »

Happy Bears - UPDATE JULY 23, 2024

Jake with unknown male - playing
The place to be is among happy bears with happy bear course folk.

Daisy standingSome good moments were seeing 13-year-old Daisy standing up like she so easily does with a nice look on her face. Another was seeing her 5-year-old son Jake lying on his back happily playing with a bear we don’t quite know. They look like they're fighting, but Jake is letting himself be pinned on his back, open mouth to open mouth, Guyand enjoying it so much that their play like this continued for a good 20 minutes.

Yet another happy picture is old Guy with his twenty-some year old face showing many white hairs as he lies relaxed and fed in a place he feels comfortable. He is a favorite.

Good times.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #28715 on: July 24, 2024, 04:56:34 AM »

hi you guys its 66 nice update love happy bears

hi joho i just know you are so tired i was thinking about you yesterday what a nice thing you did for them cats and dogs very nice. so happy that many got fixed that is a good thing for them. did someone load them up for you? hope you got a good sleep.  i got to go pick up groceries in a bit then over to harps then home and unload go to the barn let dogs out hard day for me today at least someone at walmart will be loading my stuff in my car and someone else shopped for me that is a big help

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/F0055D4C1D49

johoward

« Reply #28716 on: July 24, 2024, 09:45:56 AM »

5:57 Not to bad. Doing wash now.  Did have a long day yesterday. Had a real truck full of preciouse little lives. It was very tense while driving all those dear animals.  Most were quiet and patient.  A few, especially one cat, were noisily apprehensive.  One poor little dog, Ember, had to have her own personal carrier according to her foster mom.  The thing is that her carrier was too big to fit in the cargo area of the van.  So I had to put her in the passenger seat.  It took me at least five or six tries to get the belt around the carrier.  Then the poor girl drooled and dripped all the way home.  I hope she has a better day today.  She was a sweetie, but you could see she was extremely uncomfortable.
 One very large fluffy girl dog would not stand up.  She just sprawled out on her belly and went totally limp.  I tried, but could not get her up off the floor.  I did not try too hard though, because she'd had surgery on her belly, and I was afraid to her her.  One little vet tech woman grabbed her front and back and carried her to the van.  It still took two of us to get her into her cage.  When I got us all back to the rescue, she again was a problem.  It took two of us to get out of her kennel.  Then she went limp again on the driveway.  Katey grabbed her and carried her into the building like it was nothing.  I was a little embarrassed by these two strong women.
 I think I could have done it, but was not at 100 percent due to my cold, and did not want to risk hurting her.
I did not see Karen yesterday, but she is bringing some dinner to me this evening.  I think I am no longer catching.  At least I hope so.  For her sake.
I will stay up this evening, and watch Jimmy and all the after Midnight shows.  I am taking Debbie and her friend Patty to the airport at 3:15 am.  When Deb and I went to MN our flight was at 7am.  So we planned to get up at 3 and get ready to leave for the airport at 3:30.  We both screwed up our alarms.  Our driver, her ex John, was knocking at my door while we were still sleeping. LOL!!!
 We did pick up the pace that morning.  The travel portion of our trip to MN was the TRIP FROM HELL due to our late start ,the world wide outage, and my cold. I am not really over it yet.
 Poor Deb has caught my cold, and is leaving for a vacation in Ft Lauderdale at 3:15 am tomorrow.  She may not have the best of times if her cold is anything like mine was.  Debbie tries to encourage monarchs in her yard.  Today she found a few of her baby caterpillars have hatched on her milkweed plants.
Well my dryer is about done.  So I need to go. CUL EV1.  GBU, Israel, Ukraine, and all who are suffering.

calhound

« Reply #28717 on: July 25, 2024, 05:17:09 AM »

hi you guys its 70 here

hi joho you had a long day yesterday but helped them animals out alot. its okay someone to help you lift sounds like they were pretty strong and that is good thing. i had a long day just picking up groceries walking harps loading that up by myself a man saw me trying to load it asked if i needed help but i said no i will be alright then unloaded most of it jim gets the cat littler big sacks of dogs etc. i get all the rest then all my regular chores so i run behind the rest of the day. today i have to get gas and those iranians are back again at the gas station they must of made those ladies mad and they left. i saw no business there and thinking are them ladies gone again. amy told me last time i saw her they were really hard to work for and all them ladies are retirement age i think. lots of places around here looking for help. but at least today i will not have to bring stuff in and put it away. man jim has been in the tub for an hour just sleep in there at night jim. oh kitchen coyotes going at it got him out of the tub to yell at them and they are still howling.   :) when i came in from the barn at 5 pm there was five little raccoonies under old smokey. i saw little faces left some in the  barn. this morning saw lots of them. they are all over the place jim in there saying my name he does that all the time drives me nuts.

hi paulie hope you are feeling better

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/9E055D577903?z=0

johoward

« Reply #28718 on: July 25, 2024, 11:01:12 AM »

7:47  Good morning. Pretty nice today.  Sunny and 70 something at 11:46.
Deb and Patty are in Ft Lauderdale.  I got them to the airport in plenty of time this morning.  I think I was home and in bed by about 4AM.  Woke at 9 am.  Had cereal and coffee and pills.  Then laid on the couch until recently. Still yawning though.  Going to be a long day.  Will probably take another nap after I get back from Drugmart.  Need a few things from there.  I started to go there yesterday, but hit the couch instead.
Karen dropped off some very good dinner last evening.  I still have some for lunch today.
She is having trouble with her washer.  I am not sure what is wrong, but I told her to call Billy.  He will fix it.  He is good.
Thanks Cal for the dog shame and puzzle.  Doc is probably busy with his Bear Coursers.  The bears do not have very much natural food this year and are coming in droves to feed at the WRI.  Big bears, little bears, yearlings, boys and girls.  Even a wolf came by while we were there, and was seen eating the nuts put out for the bears.  What a good thing to do to keep the bears out of the garbage cans and the dumps in the Eagle Township area. 
Time to go.  CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, Ukraine and all who are suffering.

calihoula

« Reply #28719 on: July 25, 2024, 12:12:01 PM »

hi joho good you got them to airport got back home its very hot humid here i got bank gas done at nine am cool you saw a wolf wish that big bob cat would turn up again when i donate money to bears i put in a note tell doc use it for food for hungry animals he does too helps them all i love doc nice lots of folks there love the animals too
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #28720 on: July 25, 2024, 01:04:22 PM »

Cal, they buy food for the animals by the ton.  They have a big deep two car garage loaded with huge bags of nuts.  They use five gallon buckets to put the nuts out into about 6 or 8 feeding stations more than once a day.  One feeding station has a scale under it like we see on the Pond cam.  Someone records the weight, and usually also the name of each bear that comes to the scale. Need to pop out to the store now. CUL GBU

calihoula

« Reply #28721 on: July 25, 2024, 02:31:01 PM »

hi joho one year dr rogers said food was scarce and dr rogers always added on update bears getting plenty of food there thanks for donations so im sure lots of us donated back then and cant have enough food i saw a photo of bruce springfield and his tee shirt said Keep america trumpless someone said well he is the boss.   :)
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

« Reply #28722 on: July 26, 2024, 05:18:17 AM »

hi you guys its 72 here  tv cam is on both up back in the corner

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/49055D5D2347?z=0
« Last Edit: July 26, 2024, 05:20:11 AM by calhound »

johoward

« Reply #28723 on: July 26, 2024, 10:15:26 AM »

5:01 Wow! Not over cold yet.  Still dripping a little.  Slept until 10:30.  Still groggy.  Hope Debbie is enjoying her stay in FL.  I suspect not.  I am not sure when she is returning.  This is important, because I am to pick them up at the airport.  It could be today.  Maybe she will call.
Meanwhile coffee and cereal are still waiting.
Karen is still fighting with her washer.  Can't get a hold of Billie.  Don't know why.
CUL EV1 Thanks for being here.  GBU, Israel, Ukraine and all who are suffering.

calihoula

« Reply #28724 on: July 26, 2024, 02:32:40 PM »