Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 489332 times)

karengramke

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #7185 on: July 18, 2023, 09:48:37 AM »

My friends in Springfield have a back up generator!  No propane heat and a .  It runs on gasoline. lets all fight climate change!  Wildlife depends on us. You

Wonderful pictures Lisa!  Midwest corn is the best!  I miss that but I would miss  the bounties of the sea if I lived in the Midwest!  Every place has its special things!  Enjoy the early am views!

Had workers here all day yesterday repairing my gate to the back yard,  they actually had to replace some of the posts that supported it and part of the attached fence.  Big job but they got it done!
Yard man just left!   Thinking of changing companies.  He broke the gate and Pioer got out.   Got her back without a chase!  I was lucky and got the man who fixed tge gate in the first place back and it is now repaired!   He thinks they hit it with the mower.  Have hired a new company!

Lori, what is tge word on your grandma?  Thinking about all of you!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2023, 04:35:23 PM by karengramke »

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #7186 on: July 18, 2023, 11:02:14 AM »

Hi guys :) thank you for your sweet and thoughtful prayers for my Grandma... she is doing much better since they cut her meds in half on Sunday.  Now they might be moving her to a new nursing home which is not the best thing because there have been issues there. All I can do is tell her I love her and continue to ask for comforting prayers and to bring a smile to her beautiful face...  I appreciate your friendship and the prayers are much needed.  Thank you dear friends. take care. prayers and hugs for all! ((beakers)) special thank you to Clynn & Lani for all you do! Love ya, Lori
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

karengramke

« Reply #7187 on: July 18, 2023, 11:48:12 AM »

Good news Lori!  Perhaps she will continue to improve with out so many meds!  If she can get out of bed and move, encourage her to do so!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7188 on: July 18, 2023, 12:20:40 PM »

KB  Awesome damsel fly  :o  Brilliant blue

LISA  I remember trying to see from all of those spots.  Leaves are thick.

LORI  Good idea with Grandma cutting back on meds.  Sure is hard to fine a good nursing home..Prayers continue
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #7189 on: July 18, 2023, 12:26:19 PM »

E4E/Tsk  'Rolling blackouts' power outages whatever one wants to call them... Most folks here anyway,  have their own generators ( as do medical facilities). In Nashville anyway, if one uses propane for home use/heating then they can have a  backup generator. After all electrical backup generators don't make sense if there isn't any 'juice' to run them.  LOL
Our mayor is an  ::)  and we have an election primary going on right now.
  The whole 'rolling blackout' was spurred by the EVs , etc. and fears of power grid issues several months back. So it seems the national  political powers that be , felt all this was necessary...for some of us.

Lisa tks for the Decorah update/photo.

Tsk yes. Pretty quilt of  yours. My late mother did loads of quilting. Over the decades I've use them and not so prettyany more. Cats are unintentionall 'hard' on them. IMHO

Nice to see you Lori and some good news for/about your grandma. Too bad they want to move her to that less desirable home.  Prayers continue. Sweet post today.  Luv the puppies/kittens. And, yes Lani/Clynn do alot here. :-*
« Last Edit: July 18, 2023, 12:35:03 PM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

kbshcb

« Reply #7190 on: July 18, 2023, 12:38:43 PM »

Whew....I painted 90 rails...yes, I counted them!...and the top rails of the lower deck...took me about 2 1/2 hours...have the top deck and step rails to go.

My super gloss exterior paint gets real tacky fast esp. in the heat so this will be an all summer off and on project for me...glad I started though as it gets me going...just have to watch myself with the "get to my destination" thingy real fast purported for Lisa driving!....I'm sore now.

Lori - doesn't help, but nursing home care is a disaster everywhere now..esp when hedge funds buy them and too few employees...The Star Tribune in Minneapolis did a 5-7 day expose on the issue here a decade ago.
Having an advocate nearby is the key..

Phyl - yes, nobody denies the climate is changing, it's the current solutions that are the problem...
Only fairly extreme conservation will help imho...the rest of the ideas will create more problems than we already have and we aren't ready for the transition.
Hope you get a needed change in your elections.

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #7191 on: July 18, 2023, 02:31:48 PM »

(((Lori))) Glad your Grandma is feeling some better. Prayers continue for her comfort, and prayers for you and your family, too.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2023, 02:41:49 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #7192 on: July 18, 2023, 02:36:24 PM »

Beakers of All Stripes... Let's, please, all remember that politically-related discourse of any kind is off-limits for RRP's Forum. Every person has their own political point of view, and there are lots of places to discuss them - but this is not one of those places. Please remember these guidelines for Forum, as they are meant to steer clear of potentially creating a fuss, or bad feelings between Forum members. It's important!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #7193 on: July 18, 2023, 02:40:14 PM »

Meanwhile...

HAPPY DAY, BEAKERS!  :)

Lisa, thanks for the fun Decorah updates!
  :D

Waving to All the Beakers!  :)

kbshcb

« Reply #7194 on: July 18, 2023, 03:03:45 PM »

Baz - what's political here today?.....not sure I know what you mean....

Discussion about issues seems to me a Democratic process like free speech.....no?...debate is always better than no debate...I just don't see the politics...unless peeps are reading between the lines?
That is another story.....imho..
Politics these days is unavoidable as it infects every single subject so hard to see it for me.

But I do understand your reference to the rules...which I whole heartedly hope to follow...

kbshcb

« Reply #7195 on: July 18, 2023, 03:08:59 PM »

At my city Nature Center....(Wood Lake, just down the street)...taken today.

Besides heat, drought, fires, power outages....there is what we all love to view: Nature.....

T40cfr403

« Reply #7196 on: July 18, 2023, 03:40:33 PM »

Eagles on a Web Cam Make a Small Town Take Off - https://dailyyonder.com/eagles-on-a-web-cam-make-a-small-town-take-off/2023/07/18/

One of the eagles observed via the webcam. (Source: The Raptor Resource Project)
Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

LisaG1967

« Reply #7197 on: July 18, 2023, 03:42:58 PM »

Good Afternoon Beakers

E4E - It is very exciting to be at hatchery.  I met a nice lady today who will e attending the event for the first time. 

Karen - Thanks for kind words on the pic.  I agree with you, every area has special things about it. 

Lori - Thinking of you, and continued prayers for grandma!

Tsk - Yes leaves are very thick on the nest tree, and surrounding trees.  My legs and feet are tired.  I have walked 8,000+ steps today, and that is only in 3.5 miles from each side of the nest. 

Phyl - Just posted some of my pics from the cell in the Decorah thread.  Have to wait till I get home to upload my camera pics.

Kb - I bet you are sore from all that painting.

Baz - Waving to ya!

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #7198 on: July 18, 2023, 04:39:05 PM »

Hi guys :) thank you for your sweet and thoughtful prayers for my Grandma... she is doing much better since they cut her meds in half on Sunday.  Now they might be moving her to a new nursing home which is not the best thing because there have been issues there. All I can do is tell her I love her and continue to ask for comforting prayers and to bring a smile to her beautiful face...  I appreciate your friendship and the prayers are much needed.  Thank you dear friends. take care. prayers and hugs for all! ((beakers)) special thank you to Clynn & Lani for all you do! Love ya, Lori

Dearest Lori, good news, I understand your concerns about the nursing home. As you say, All you can do is tell her how much you love hrt, be thankful to her for all the love and precious memories that you both have shared together. Your presence gives her more comfort, joy and a smiling heart than a hundred prayers. And you know you always have our prayers, love and friendship. God bless your grandma and you, for you both are going through difficult times.  🙏
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #7199 on: July 18, 2023, 04:39:24 PM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1681292485950164994

Just amazing!....guy cuts a coyote out of a fence....from the Dodo.

Lisa - I'm sure you are having the time of your life!