Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1000928 times)

Puff

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #7215 on: July 19, 2023, 09:04:52 AM »

All great scenes this morning tsk both from N1/Hatchery and Flyaway.  I think I'll go and hang for a couple days.   ::)  Offering free transportation!  We'd have to bring Lulu.  ;D

P

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #7216 on: July 19, 2023, 10:19:35 AM »

Warming up to 70.

Lori - Thank you for sharing how your Grandma is doing. Thoughts & prayers will continue. 

Phyl - I understand better now about those rolling blackouts now - thank you for the explanation.   Scary about the rain forecast and a flood watch - yikes! :oj   Love all the cam pics this morning.  :)

Kb - You need a rest today with all you did yesterday!  Have a nice restful day if you can! ;D   Yaaay for the rain you got!

Lani - Oh no! So sorry that rabbit ran out in front of the dogs.  :o   Take care and let your hand rest as much as is possible. Glad that Mike will do the shopping trip before coming home! ;D

Tig - Yumm! Tacos for you guys last night for dinner!  We had tacos for lunch yesterday!

Puff - I too don't like seeing the harassment  ::) :(   "free transportation"!! 8)

Tsk - Looks like nice temp in your area.  Wow, sounds like a great program you watched on PBS - bet it was sooooo interesting!! ;D

LisaG - I am so excited for you being on this trip!!  Stay safe and I know you are having a great & fun time!!   I just got finished looking at all those marvelous pictures on the Decorah thread - very nice!!!!  Thank you!!  Wish the RWBB would go away.

Some of you have asked how my sis is doing;  she got her stitches out yesterday and the doc told her that all looks good (no infection & healing nicely).

Beakers have a nice day.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2023, 10:27:50 AM by Eagles4evr1116 »

kbshcb

« Reply #7217 on: July 19, 2023, 11:35:17 AM »

Officer Hunter Fricke rescued this injured owl along the roadway...Highway 101 in Eden Prairie, MN..not that far away from me.....suspected a head injurey...(car?, my question) covered it with a blanket and drove it to the UofM Raptor Center....no update posted.

Gorgeous owl...although, I know we can have a love/hate relationship with them..esp. when they take the Peregrine chicks....

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #7218 on: July 19, 2023, 11:49:02 AM »

(((Lani))) Ugh... I hope you feel better soon and heal quickly!

Take care, Beakers.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7219 on: July 19, 2023, 12:40:02 PM »

PUFF  You have a safe drive tomorrow.

EAGLES  Good report on Sis  ;D

KB  Wonderful opportunity for Officer Fricke.  Hope it turns out well.

Off to afternoon lunch to celebrate 2 b-days ( SIL Barb is one) and give support to Jean who just lost her husband 2+ weeks ago.  Told Tim he is on his own for dinner  ;) ;)
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #7220 on: July 19, 2023, 01:31:50 PM »

Good afternoon Beakers

Tsk - Enjoy your lunch, and Happy Birthday to Barb and  Jean!

Baz - Waving to ya!

Oh - Beautiful owl

E4E -Thank you!  Glad to hear that your sis is doing good.

Phyl and Tig - Thanks and great pics from the cams!

Puff - See you tomorrow!

Lani - I hope you are feeling better!

Oh, Misty will be getting spayed tomorrow!

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #7221 on: July 19, 2023, 02:13:43 PM »

FLEDGE WATCH FLEDGE WATCH FLEDGE WATCH
Dur has rounded the corner on fledging age. Puffins typically fledge between 36-55 days old (depending primarily on feeding conditions), and Dur is 39 days of age today. His downy feathers are pretty much gone and he's been exercising his little wings often. The frequent forays out of the burrow are also a tell-tale sign that Duryea is getting ready to leave the nest. Cue sad violin music!

But we shouldn't be too sad- Dur is a healthy little puffling with a plentitude of tenacity and toughness.
Again, he was the subject of a rough attack from a puffin interloper this week. He, of course, weathered it well. Then, some viewers pointed out that his breathing was a little bit off- he bounced back from that and is doing just fine.

I think it's a wonderful thing that this community cares so much about our puffling. Of course it'll be sad to see Duryea leave when the time comes, but let's all take comfort in the fact that he's at a good weight, he's feisty, and he has surely benefitted from the excellent care bestowed upon him from Willie and Millie.

And on the fledging note, let's all hope for the infrared to pull through- it's reliant on solar, and we all know that's been a bit of a bear this year. With the help of the IR cam, we should be able to see Dur's last moments in the burrow. Fingers crossed for a sunny day and for working tech!

-Audubun Celeste <3

Good afternoon Beakers!
Hi Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Thank you for your TLC, I'm feeling better today. I didn't realize I had hit my head until one of the walkers with us called me late yesterday to ask if I had a headache or soreness. I did have a sore/bruised spot above my nose, but I thought it was from my glasses. Which didn't break. He said they could hear my head hit the sidewalk. I don't remember that.... anyway, I was very tired last night. Sorry I missed my nightly post. Sadie and I did our usual morning walk, though it was shorter and no rabbits.  ;D

I hope you all are well. I'll be back to catch up in a few minutes. Mike needs my help... Be back  ;D
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #7222 on: July 19, 2023, 04:22:05 PM »

At my city Nature Center....(Wood Lake, just down the street)...taken today.

Besides heat, drought, fires, power outages....there is what we all love to view: Nature.....

Kb, gorgeous  :-*
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #7223 on: July 19, 2023, 04:24:48 PM »

Time escaped from me. Decided to look in on Anthony at the Two Harbors nest...

What a magnificent  young eagle.
 Anthony  6:39pm CST  7-17

And, just look at that profile!
Anthony  9:09PM CST  7-17

Anthony's talons and band
4:00pm  CST  7-17

Phyl, great closeups! Handsome boy. ;D

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7224 on: July 19, 2023, 04:31:27 PM »

LISA   YAY  Good news for Jeff  LOL

LANI   Thanks for the positive update on little Duryea. ;D  Yikes - hitting your head - never good but watch yourself for residual.  Glasses didn't break - a miracle there. 

Lunch was fun - 2 free deserts for the b-day gals - shared of course - brownie topped with ice cream and caramel sauce and a candle  ;D
Chicagoland

Lani

« Reply #7225 on: July 19, 2023, 04:46:33 PM »

Lani

« Reply #7226 on: July 19, 2023, 05:04:38 PM »

Phyl, Newman keeping watchful eye over his territory and the kids, or he would be gone. I'd like to think so anyway.... temps have been terribly uncomfortable here. Everyone stays in and shades down.... Fly away cam pics are great!

Lisa, Awesome pics on the Decorah thread. Stream is really low...   Did you see any geese/families in the low streams? Sweet doe/fawn.... poor cows are keeping still/cool as best they can.... {{{Misty}}} I hope all goes well ... Bandit will be pleased.  ;D

Kb, I hope you didn't overdo with your maintenance painting of deck rails and other things. 90 rails  :o... Great rescue of the coyote by brave man.... You and Chris rest today, take care  :) ...... love the Blue whales..... Wonderful rescue by the officer, I hope the owl's healing goes well. It is big and gorgeous! 

Karen, what a busy day at your home yesterday. Gate/fenced repaired, Piper escaped and thankfully returns,

Tig, 5 hours is hard work. You had a successful berry crop. How much do your prune raspberry bushes? Do you fertilize it after pruning? Will it bloom again before winter?
I'd never had fruit bushes. Aly was very excited about moving to Oregon because she could plant a berry bush or rent a home with one. I hope you're resting today.  :) I just read today's post, I hope you and Camper enjoy the movie....and I'm fine, thanks  ;D ....  I forgot about Le Tour.

Tsk, I put ice on the knee yesterday. Fingers/knee is much better this afternoon... I'll have to watch the PBS doc on eagles, it sounds like something Mike would enjoy too.
Happy birthday to Barb and Jean, enjoy your visits.

Eagles, Great news about your sister! Glad she's doing well and everything looks good. I'm happy for you and family.  :-*

The salmon is flying at Brooks fall as RC looks on with a full tummy. Otis has not been seen yet.

Mama with 3 cubs

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #7227 on: July 19, 2023, 06:39:24 PM »

bounce
Storms coming in... will see
Lani... our berries hopped on our car when my parents were up north in the 50s. Lol. They bloom once. Since they try to take over the earth, I prune them all back a bit and clean the ground some and look for weeds and errant tree shoots. I prune this year's canes that fruited down to a couple inches. It is a two year cycle where the canes that did not fruit this year will do so next yr.
Mission Impossible was very good. Not much gore nor sex. Plenty of action and some comedy. I just hate giving money to Mr. Cruise however, knowing where it will end up.
Anyway... we stopped at Panda Express and got home just before the weather.
SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

oldguy

« Reply #7228 on: July 19, 2023, 06:58:55 PM »

Good Evening Beakers

We had a high of 85 today - forecast shows 15% chance of rain this evening, but radar is showing much hope.  I see that KB should be getting some sprinkles at least, but the good rain will likely miss her location.  Mid 80s the rest of the week, but next week it is expected to get into the 90s.

Lisa/Puff - it looks like a great week for you - highs in the upper 70s to low 80s and no more than a 20% chance of rain for the week...

The volcano in Iceland has been staying typical for there - several days the past week the hiking route was closed because of gasses from the volcano blowing over the trail.  They also are having a lot of ground moss fires that are producing smoke.
See where all lava is going and how. View of the bottomless valley next to Kistufell. Drone 17.07   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBDg0m-diEw
Update: wall collapse, first casuality and threat to the southcoast highway. 19.07.23 Day 10   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MNdOzgDWVA
The Main Vent Partially Collapsed, Eruption Site Reopened   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c765mhEK514

Maru wears a fruit net   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkVK01LBfs8

Oh wow, the cat's climbing wall is getting crazy! Part One!   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ging9pGaKJE

I Don't Want to Live in a World Without TT! (ENG SUB)   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0MJ6m4u0KY

🐈 Without a cat, you can't figure it out! 🐕   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkNHgtMnhMs

Ran across this bludgrass group over the weekend - some great talent and good sound...
Della Mae   -   https://www.dellamae.com/
Turtle Dove   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sba7tllXhg0
This is a full show 1 hour long
Della Mae at Shrewsbury Folk Festival 2022   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfeRla2Z_Tc

Quarantine Kids play "Twist and Shout"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NC2MtD3k_9s

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

karengramke

« Reply #7229 on: July 19, 2023, 07:07:44 PM »

Good evening  beautiful eakers!
Lani, sounds like you are doing ok after your dive bomb fall, yesterday!  Glad no rabbits on todays walk!

Eagles, good report on your sister!  Puff, safe. Travels tomorrow!  Give Lisa a hug!
Lisa, suprised Misty is being spayed in the middle of a heat!  Good news tho for Jeff and Bandit!

Tsk, great sounding deserts!   Happy Birthday to .barb and Jean!
Phyll, thanks for the nest round up!  Lani thanks for the puffin report and all you post!

Waving to Baz!  Owls. Have been known to take out some big eagles and eaglets too but I wish this one well! 
Weather the same here with the addition of the Canadian smoke. Night all. Seds
« Last Edit: July 19, 2023, 07:48:08 PM by karengramke »