Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1056613 times)

Puff

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #7155 on: July 17, 2023, 03:08:16 PM »

Yep, E4E   Driving out Thursday morning, leave about 7. 

Of course, PHYL still making my yearly pilgramage. 

I think 2024 should be the maiden voyage for both you ladies.  Phyl is easy, just drive up to IL and I'll handle the rest?  Come on, ya both are deserving and due.

P

BrokenLug

« Reply #7156 on: July 17, 2023, 04:07:27 PM »

Any of you Beaker Mom's get a check-in from LisaG yet ?
U. S. A.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7157 on: July 17, 2023, 05:04:15 PM »

GOT A TEXT FROM LISA AT 12:35 AND SHE JUST GOT TO THE HATCHERY IN TIME TO SEE DH2 FLY TO THE NEST  ;D

KAREN   Love the story about Mickey messing with your closet organization  LOLOL  Well intentioned, I'm sure.  ;) ;)

TIG  I know Camper will have some exciting pics for us when organized  :)

LANI   Thanks for the Bear report on old GUY and Lynn's sentimental story about him.  So happy to hear all is going well for Aly and Dewey - Lots of new smells to explore and to feel comfortable with them

BL  We finally have an improved AQI this afternoon of 60  :)

KB   Haunting photo by Christine Larson.  :o  I'm very impressed with Chris's progress.  22 minutes tomorrow!
Chicagoland

BrokenLug

« Reply #7158 on: July 17, 2023, 05:18:28 PM »

How so very cool for LisaG. 

We have a ear to ear Hatchery grin for her.   ;D

tks tsk Mom

Lisa get some well deserved cabin rest.  :-*

One of DH2's greatest fans will be waiting for you on tomorrow's sunrise.  8) 
« Last Edit: July 17, 2023, 05:27:07 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #7159 on: July 17, 2023, 05:35:01 PM »

Great news all around.
I decided with my swollen ankles and Camper's sore tootsies it was a good cool day of 72 degrees to ask Camper's son to come cut the grass. He is here now with his puppy Oso (Bear). But he got stung by a bee on his ankle while mowing near the garden! Rats.
TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7160 on: July 17, 2023, 06:50:27 PM »

BL  You got that right.  :D

TIG   think I'm also close to a bee bite - I press my luck each time I go out to check for butterfly eggs or cut milkweed for feeding - Bees are everywhere feeding on the blossoms which are peak now.  Glad you took the day off to rest up.
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #7161 on: July 17, 2023, 07:42:17 PM »

tsk - I keep forgetting to mention. Gardeners here keep saying they are finding more monarch butterfly caterpillars on their dill than their milkweed.

Ever heard of that?

LisaG1967

« Reply #7162 on: July 17, 2023, 08:18:04 PM »

Good evening Beakers….

I just returned from the hatchery again.  I wish I could just pitch a tent out there, cause I hate leaving cause I know I will miss something.  Last thing I saw this evening was an osprey flew in from the east to fish the pond. 

Puff - Lulu did warm up to me after she got in the bed with me.  She was following me all over the room. 

Kb - I did do the mobile check in from my phone, so I could spend more time at the hatchery. 

Phyl - It was a nice drive from tsk’s to Decorah.  A lil construction on the way, but nothing that I had to stop and wait for, and the best part…..I didn’t get lost getting to Decorah this year!!!  Great cam pics!

Tsk - if this lottery tickets are winners, you might be seeing me soon. 😂

Karen - Bite your tongue….Misty better not try to find an intact male!  Jeff says, the whining, rolling all over and rubbing in Bandit has stopped.  Bandit is thankful!

BL - Thank heavens all the devices change automatically!  I was actually surprised the the temps was really cool  this morning.  I might need to find a hoodie.  I hope the weather stays good for my trek back home on Sunday/Monday.

Tig - Welcome home, glad to hear you made it safely. 

Lani - I sure will give Puff a hug from you!

E4E - It was so much fun to catch up with tsk. 

The pics I took will have to wait till I get home.  I’m about to throw this iPad out the window.  Jeff promises he will buy me a laptop 😂. I might have one by the time I get home. 

Lulu laying on the bed next to me

« Last Edit: July 17, 2023, 08:22:18 PM by LisaG1967 »

karengramke

« Reply #7163 on: July 17, 2023, 08:41:15 PM »

Sweet
Picture Lisa!  I bet Bl has a tent he could fed  to you!    That bef at tsks looks mighty comfy!   Get some rest!  Piper the dog and I are heading to bed! 
Tsk and Tig, I was thinking of a malt the other day!  Have not seen or heard of one in ages!  Lol, they are hiding in Wisconsin!   Going tolook up a recipe!

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #7164 on: July 17, 2023, 09:10:21 PM »

Tig good idea you to take it easy. How thoughtful of Camper's  son to mow the grass.  Hope Oso doesn't get a bee sting-

{{{Puff}}} so true. Sounds fun. Though, I"ve never driven solo across county in my life.   LOL.   But, who knows?   Stranger things have happened.  ;)

Lisa if I know cats after 45 yrs with them---Lulu looks like one smitten kitty! No surprize ,if you could pack her up and motor home with her.  And she'd never  miss Illinois. LOL
The Beakroom is all a chatter about your ATF journey this year.  I'm so looking  forward to your photos and comments.  It'll be a treat. Do take care  we're all expecting you back as much as Jeff, Bandit and Misty. 

The political powers that be warned us in the Spring and ...We've had our 3rd rolling black out for the summer, today . Been without the 'juice' from about 11:30 am to a;bout 5:20pm. It was hot inside and just sat downstairs with ice water, as it's cooler. Regardless how I tried, couldn't convince Maggie to let me carry her downstairs. Poor baby.
 I called Jim about 3pm with the bad news---he parked his car in the drive way. Moved it back in garage after he home and  showered.   Did McDonald's and put the pork loin chops and all  back in fridge for tomorrow. Would have been too late to cook with his 9pm bed time for a 4AM rise.

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #7165 on: July 17, 2023, 09:18:34 PM »

Wishing everyone a 'Good  Evening' and SEDs .     

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

BrokenLug

« Reply #7166 on: July 17, 2023, 09:29:23 PM »

I always say https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrRVW-p8SJ8

Outta sight!

T40 I totally missed your post.

I wet myself a little laughing so hard when I saw that album cover.
I do believe I may have been the one to 1st give that dog fleas.   :)

If you play out of key again I'll rip your Nike's off and take a little patch of denim with me.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANy4x3wgTSA
« Last Edit: July 17, 2023, 10:12:55 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

BrokenLug

« Reply #7167 on: July 17, 2023, 10:50:58 PM »

BL - Thank heavens all the devices change automatically!  I was actually surprised the the temps was really cool  this morning.  I might need to find a hoodie.  I hope the weather stays good for my trek back home on Sunday/Monday.

That's so LULU so plaster tasktstik off the rails.

I do believe there might be available a hoodie with some BE's on it. 
« Last Edit: July 17, 2023, 10:58:07 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

BrokenLug

« Reply #7168 on: July 17, 2023, 11:21:13 PM »

I don't know what kind of glassing accouterments you all have with you but give the object of the namesake ATF the utmost apogee of Eagle viewing etiquette.

It is deservedly to be extended to DH2.

The very less human interaction that DH2 encounters is best for it to become a true Decorah BE.

If you position your self here 43.2750 -91.7822 at this little gravel pull off just off Trout Run Road at sunrise you should be able to glass DH2 even if she's up on the Trout Creek Bluffs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1-6jtWagpI
« Last Edit: July 17, 2023, 11:34:13 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

BrokenLug

« Last Edit: July 18, 2023, 12:56:01 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.