Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1000951 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #7200 on: July 18, 2023, 04:52:05 PM »

Royal Albatross cam - 7/16
Yesterday's neighbor interactions

NTF North Top Flat chick paid a short visit close to Manaaki before she made a quick exit.
Manaaki also snipped at a few strands of grass as if to say that's mine :)

https://twitter.com/i/status/1680342758287085568

Good Afternoon Beakers!

I had a rough start this morning. Sadie and I left early as always for our walk and joined our hiking group.
Then a rabbit ran in front of us and before I could prepare, I was flying over two dogs and smack into the sidewalk.
I hurt my hand and knee and pride... But, other than that all is well and so is the rabbit!
Two of my fingers on my left hand sort of jammed and knuckles are swollen. So typing is taking longer. Left knee is swollen,
but I'll live.  ;D ... And our internet was done 4 hours today. It's back on for a bit (on/off). I guess there are repairs being attempted a couple of blocks
away at one of our community substation or whatever you call it. They've been working on it since 7am.

Mike is coming home a day early, he may need to live for California in a day or two. In the meantime, he's doing the Costco/Trader Joe run in Scottsdale
for me before he returns home.

Oh God, internet keeps going on and off. I'm cutting and pasting this post.  :(

I'll catch up with everyone later.
Take care and watch out for rabbits!  8)
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #7201 on: July 18, 2023, 04:54:30 PM »

some bounce
Hugz all...
KB... I bet you worked harder than I. It took me 5 hours to carefully prune all the raspberry bushes. And I was sitting! But I'm sore and tired none the less.
Camper just bought supper... Taco Tuesday  8)
SED
Lani I was posting at same time. Prayers for quick healing.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2023, 04:57:05 PM by camperstig »
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Puff

« Reply #7202 on: July 18, 2023, 05:33:07 PM »

TSK  I recall a pic of Mom on the maple tree and a RWBB sitting on her back. 
What's going on today was BB harassment.  Seemed determine to pull out a tail feather and had a spot picked out between HD2's shoulder where he just sat and kept picking into the same skin area.

I did, I switched to watching news on TV.  When I went back about 1 1/2 hours later there was no RWBB to be seen anywhere.  Don't know, didn't  see what happened.  I was outside til after 3, just tuned back in.

P

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #7203 on: July 18, 2023, 05:48:30 PM »

Been raining all afternoon l-o-n-g here. And, is still thundering and growling at this post
 Almost said raining 'Cats and dogs' but ...

Kb  ;)   ;ditto on nursing homes

Karen   ;)

Lisa will try to peek in the Decorah thread to view your photos. Tks. Hoping Misty has settled some.

Puff  harrassment... it sure was!

Tig Camper is always so thoughtful

{{{Lani}}} some spill you had; but okay other wise?  Tks for Royal A. update/photo is great.

KB    Arggg!Painting 90 rails.  My parents had a picket fence. As a teenager w/ my bros gone, I 'got to do 'their  painting. Do those count? LOL

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #7204 on: July 18, 2023, 05:51:32 PM »

At my city Nature Center....(Wood Lake, just down the street)...taken today.

Besides heat, drought, fires, power outages....there is what we all love to view: Nature.....

;) 
Awesome.

Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7205 on: July 18, 2023, 06:52:46 PM »

PHYL  It is just a bedspread - not a quilt - Wish I had a quilt tho  LOL      Raining "ducks and ducks"

KB  I could not have done 90 rails!!  but do appreciate your need for "getting it done - only a few more to go "  LOL   What a gorgeous egret!!!

T40  Thanks for the great story from the new fan to the RRP project.  So enthusiastic and eager to learn something new and spread the news.

(((LANI)))   Nothing is broken - thank God and "no animals were injured in the filming".   Hope you got some ice on those knuckles and knee to keep the initial swelling down - If you have an ace wrap - the knee would love it.  You may get that "hit by a Mack truck " feeling 24-48 hours after the event... :-* :-*  Does Mike have a new client in California? - don't remember a trip there before.  Hope the internet repairs are done by tomorrow...
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #7206 on: July 18, 2023, 08:22:30 PM »

Lani, at least when Piper took herself  out of the broken gate and down the street looking for the world like Piper the kitty on her first early morning stroll down the hall at Lisas, no one was hurt! 
I am sure tsk is absolutely correct in her assessment and recommendations re ice!  It will make it feel better and reduce swelling! Hugs for you!  Very gentle!

Lisa is doing a fantastic job with her pictures!  Makes you feel like you clicked tge heels of your little. Red shoes and wow!  There you are in .Decorah! 

Have a good night Beakers!  Seds!

kbshcb

« Reply #7207 on: July 18, 2023, 08:39:24 PM »

tsk - I probably have 25 more on the top deck and the steps have rails on both sides!..then the landscaping...

Lani - so sorry you fell and hurt yourself today....I hope you feel better this evening.

Phyl

« Reply #7208 on: July 19, 2023, 06:24:24 AM »

Currently 73 F heavy rain showers with a  flood watch.

High 92F  and a Low 73F  clear.     AQI 36 w/ primary pollutant  PM 10   39um  .

{{{Lani}}}  how  are your hands are doing this morning. Even with Tsk's first aide to the rescue . Hope you're not too 'tender'.

Tsk well even bedspread-looks pretty. LOL 'ducks on ducks'.

Kb glad you have just a bit more to go on the painting and all. It's a job to say the least. And ditto Tsk's  comment.

Lisa peeked in on Decorah thread and enjoyed your photos.

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #7209 on: July 19, 2023, 06:24:46 AM »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #7210 on: July 19, 2023, 06:35:40 AM »

Stopped by the Mississippi River Flyway  this morning , saw this

Jul 19, 2023 6:22 AM
Camera Time: Jul 19, 2023 6:11 AM CDT 

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #7211 on: July 19, 2023, 06:36:23 AM »

and found...

Jul 19, 2023 6:28 AM
Camera Time: Jul 19, 2023 6:27 AM CDT
Birchwoman

Sauces bald eagle cam

kbshcb

« Reply #7212 on: July 19, 2023, 06:37:44 AM »

The blue whale...the largest animal to have ever lived, larger than any dinosaur...apparently there is a new movie out about them.

Yah!, it rained about 25 minutes earlier...better than nothing as we head into the heat for the next 10 days with no or not much rain predicted.

Morning all.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #7213 on: July 19, 2023, 06:58:38 AM »

bounce
Yes! Some moisture...   Hi KB
Phyl, Lisa... Nice pics!
Time to catch up on le Tour and then a couple tasks B4 a movie.
Lani... how are you?
TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7214 on: July 19, 2023, 07:06:25 AM »

HI EVERYONE

64 heading to 83 with dew point 61 sunny

PHYL   Awesome flyway this AM  Serene and calming.  Last night our PBS channel is running a series called Iconic America.  Last night's topic was the eagle!!  Big focus on Haines, Alaska the American eagle capital of the world  Most emphasis on the origin of the symbol, its almost demise, and the indigenous people trying to maintain their life as it exists now.  The eagle is prime to their balances eco system.

LANI  How is it going this AM?
Chicagoland