Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Cheers 2024  (Read 97453 times)

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
Re: Cheers 2024
« Reply #735 on: October 09, 2024, 08:44:48 PM »

LB, What did your brother's report say? Can he stay in rehab? Tomorrow is Thursday. You and your father are doing everything you can to help. God bless each of you.

Good the news about your car was good considering. Good you're working from home due to car.

Don't fret about the timing of your knee replacement and your brother's health issues. God has a plan for both of you.

Tsk is right. Your guardian angel is working over time. 

Hi tsk!  :)

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #736 on: October 10, 2024, 10:23:10 AM »

Good Morning,  :) It's definitely looking like Autumn! Beautiful Fall colors. Much cooler temps too! Frost and freeze warnings.

Tomorrow is my left eye cataract surgery. My right eye was done almost one month ago already. I'm still putting eye drops in right eye a few more days then finally done with right eye.

Puff and Karen, You were right about the eye drops. The schedule for using them is no joke!

I'm waiting for phone call for time tomorrow. I hope it's morning like the last one was. T

LB, What's happening with your brother? Prayers for him continue.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #737 on: October 10, 2024, 07:22:18 PM »

1 month since your last caterac?? wow!! My brother is still there I haven't heard anything. the lawyer is not calling back. I am going t go see him tomorrow after work.  I at off at 200 He had blood transfusion today he also had to get hydrated. he was dehydrated. I told him he needs more water he said he has to cut cause too much sodium. that doesn't make sense cause he isn't drinking much, He gets confused. here is message we sent to each other tonight.  I am afraid he will give up once I get through my surgery 
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au
New Jersey (south Jersey)

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #738 on: October 10, 2024, 07:23:27 PM »

here are my posts tomorrow last day of work 
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #739 on: October 10, 2024, 07:28:26 PM »

LBLN    Just popped in to see what was going on.  Boy your guardian angel is working over time to keep you from collapsing with all that you have going on and with a pending knee replacement in the mix!!  Will put you at the top of my prayer list as well as your poor brother who is now close to Hospice placement.  ((((LBLN))))

Thanks TSKs It has been a hard 5 months this last month is the hardest.  I think my brother has given up.       But he has done the bike for 15 minutes on Wednesday in PT  That came from the PT person herself!!!! Proud sister again!!!

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #740 on: October 10, 2024, 09:34:24 PM »

LB, Good your brother is still in rehab. Good he got additional hydration today. Aww to the posts between the two of you. I think he's going to try harder during your surgery and recovery to surprise you and make you proud.

Well in three days it will be one month since right eye cataract surgery. I was notified to arrive tomorrow at 7am for left eye. That's nice and early. I'm going to get a snack now before midnight.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #741 on: October 11, 2024, 03:47:22 PM »

I got my brother to do arm exercises today  he is very tired he didnt do much with pt  she did tell him she needs to keep his muscles moving to stop the pain.  I dont know  I dont see him trying harder Paulie.     he refuses to eat the food cause gross even though I told him it will make him stronger.  I think he just wants to survive until I have my surgery. I'm scared for him   

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #742 on: October 12, 2024, 07:40:17 AM »

good morning

karengramke

« Reply #743 on: October 12, 2024, 11:28:04 AM »

Pauli, just saw you had second cataract surgery!  Hope all-went well and that you are  in the putting a lor of drops in phase!   Prayers for a quick recovery.

LB, what does the oncologist on your brothers case say his prognosis is?   I thought you wrote tat his chemo was not working.  Hopefully I read thar wrong!   Prayers.

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #744 on: October 12, 2024, 03:29:43 PM »

LB, Hopefully your brother is having good days along with the not so good with PT. I remember you said he did really good with PT recently using tread mill I think it was. Poor guy must be hungry if he's not eating because food doesn't taste good.

karen, Yes ma'am. I remember you saying a month ago I had one done and one to go. Well done now!  :)
Yes definitely to being in the putting lots of drops in phase. Heck I'm still putting drops in first eye now the second eye too.
Tomorrow I'll be finished with first eye. Yay Will continue all the eye drops in second eye for one month.

You and Puff weren't joking when you said lot of eye drops schedule.
Thank you for prayers.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #745 on: October 12, 2024, 06:29:55 PM »

Hi Karen ,  My brothers oncologists prognosis is not good  He is giving him months (maybe) He can have more time if her works on getting stronger and try eating more He has tried eating he's on purree food and I actually tasted it today.  It's not good but if I want to live I think I would eat it.  I got there today and PT wsas there he was doing some stretches.  My brother was saying he couldn't do one exercise cause he has neuropathy the pt told him stop with the excuses the more he does the less the pain will be down the road.  I could of have hugged him!!!!!!!!! He was telling him what I was telling him all along. oh PT made him do the stretch!!!!!  He did do some more exercises (stretches) whe I asked him and he ate 5 spoonsful of the food.  More than he ever has  and 1 spoon of ice cream . Today is my brothers birthday as well.  he's 61. 

Paulie he's not hungry because he is on the feeding tube.   h then the speech therapist came in to look at his mouth and it looks like it is getting better.  She was going to move him on to the next level of food but decided not to yet since he's not eating enough  she said soon.  I will  go tomorrow hopefully around lunch and make him eat again. 

oh pt said he need to move more to get stronger to do more. Lahying in bed all day will not make him stronger.  I hope he listens!!! 

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #746 on: October 13, 2024, 08:48:15 AM »

Good morning

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #747 on: October 13, 2024, 04:15:20 PM »

Hi LB, Happy Birthday to your brother!  I forgot about your brother's feeding tube. His PT sounds good today exercise stretches and eating too and a bit of ice cream. Good news from speech therapist that his mouth healing looks good. I know you were glad to hear what his physical therapist said to him. Pep talks can help for sure.

It's nice you can go see him tomorrow since you're off work. He'll enjoy that. You too.

Speaking of being off work. Your second knee replacement is this Wednesday! Have you been told when to arrive yet or you'll be notified the day before?

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #748 on: October 13, 2024, 07:58:12 PM »

Hi Paule, today wasn't a good day with my brother refused to do anything  My surgery is Tuesday. I wont see my brother tomorrow he has blood check/transfusion tomorrow I don't have a car being worked on  That is ok.  after today I need a mental break 

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #749 on: October 14, 2024, 07:53:22 AM »

good morning. paulie how did youro00 2nd cartaract surgey go
« Last Edit: October 14, 2024, 08:17:50 AM by LBLNJ0668 »