Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Cheers 2024  (Read 89691 times)

LBLNJ0668

Re: Cheers 2024
« Reply #705 on: September 27, 2024, 06:32:12 PM »

That sure is scary, glad they are ok 
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au
New Jersey (south Jersey)

karengramke

« Reply #706 on: September 27, 2024, 08:49:47 PM »

Thanks Pauli!  Enjoying sn adult beverage!. 

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #707 on: September 27, 2024, 09:38:38 PM »

Hi LB, How did your surgery clearance go? How is your brother? Biopsy results? Are you going to see him in hospital tomorrow ... if he there or rehab yet? Lots of questions.

Hi Karen!! Good to see you! Enjoy your adult beverage. You earned it!  I'm glad you and Piper made it through the storm safely.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #708 on: September 28, 2024, 08:45:07 AM »

Hi Paulie,
Yes got through my clearance. I see the surgeon on Monday well his assistant. and the PT group.  for an evaluation and that's it.   I am  going through their pt group this time. 

My brother, I am speechless. Hés still in hospital still no results still no call backs my father spoke with someone he got a different story than I did.  he has an appointment with oncologist on Monday but can only see him if he is out of the hospital because the hospital wont provide transportation. .go figure. Hès located in the same hospital.  Why cant the oncologist go see him????

I was told he can't be release because he needs blood transfusions daily and until his blood is under control he can't leave. my father was told they are waiting for clearance/approval from insurance.  we got him in a rehab lace but now not sure if still available once he is released 

Supposedly his mouth is getting better.  But still don't know what the lesion is.  This hospital is suppose to be top rated.  Its for sure going down hill.  Thank god I am not going there for my knee surgery

I am going to go see him shorly. 
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #709 on: September 28, 2024, 03:46:18 PM »

LB, Good to getting through your clearance and upcoming appointments.

Okay to your brother still being in hospital. My heavens you and your father have been given conflicting info regarding his release from hospital and going to rehab.

If your brother's oncologist office is located within same hospital your brother is in why does he need transportation? He could go in a wheel chair, correct? Maybe a nurse cannot take him to the office? A family member should since there's a nursing shortage?

Good to his mouth getting better.

How did your visit with your brother go today?

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #710 on: September 29, 2024, 08:28:06 AM »

Hi Paulie, I have no idea  They have peoplet o bring them to or room and back they can take him I am just speechless. the oncologist would see him in cancer ward.  I dont get it. 

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #711 on: September 29, 2024, 04:12:04 PM »

LB, Well somehow I hope your brother gets to see his oncologist tomorrow.

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #712 on: September 29, 2024, 04:29:02 PM »

Update on my son and dil who live in Boone, NC.

Boone is devastated by flooding and mud and the aftermath. I'm still saying Thank You prayers for the tree that fell on his house missed him falling so close to window where he was sitting inside.
They finally got power back that went out last Friday. Still no internet. Boil water advisory of course. So many roads are washed out and destroyed getting supplies delivered to Boone, Ashville and many many other places is going to be difficult.

App State University in Boone where he's a professor is a mess. All classes cancelled this week and when resumed might have to be virtual for a while.
His wife is a professor at a university about an hour drive from Boone. She can't drive there because so many roads and highway are destroyed and her campus is a mess too.

He said some people still can't get out of their homes. They live on the side of mountain in Boone not down in town so their home and vehicles were not affected by flooding and mud. Just a large tree falling on it!  There are good roads too along with many not good. Neighbors and everyone are helping each other.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #713 on: September 30, 2024, 06:55:35 AM »

Glad your son is OK through this storm so odd how NC got hit so bad and all the way to west.  A friend of friend is in ashville and They are stuck there us  no access in or our ans she is oxygen dependant.  I think there is a plan set up her son is emergency response so something is being worked out I think . 

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #714 on: Yesterday at 06:51:13 AM »

Good morning

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #715 on: Yesterday at 11:37:20 AM »

Good Afternoon,

LB, Thank you. I hope the person you spoke about in Ashville got the help she needed with her oxygen. I'm betting she did because everyone is working so hard to help each other.

You take care.