Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Cheers 2024  (Read 97465 times)

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
Re: Cheers 2024
« Reply #750 on: October 14, 2024, 01:28:20 PM »

Hi Paule, today wasn't a good day with my brother refused to do anything  My surgery is Tuesday. I wont see my brother tomorrow he has blood check/transfusion tomorrow I don't have a car being worked on  That is ok.  after today I need a mental break
Hi LB, Darn sorry yesterday wasn't good for your brother. It's hard on you too. Hopefully his blood transfusion today will help him feel better.

Will you get your car back today before your surgery tomorrow? Is your father driving you to hospital?

Do you take a shower with special cleanser today? If I remember correctly that was one of the pre-op things you had to do last time.

Are you nervous or more relaxed since you've already had your other knee done? Geez lots of questions for you!

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #751 on: October 14, 2024, 01:37:38 PM »

good morning. paulie how did youro00 2nd cartaract surgey go
Awww to #2 today.

It was interesting. My first eye cataract surgery was super easy, relaxed and I didn't feel anything. My second eye was painful during the surgical procedure. Afterwards a few nurses asked me if I felt a difference between the first and second eye because people have told them the second eye is more uncomfortable. I don't know why but that happened with me too. After two or three hours the pain was gone. I had no pain during or after with first eye.

The important thing is wow I can see things so much more clearly and colors more vibrant. My opthomologist said I might need just readers and not need prescriptions glasses again. We shall see. Oh!! No pun intended.  ;D

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #752 on: October 14, 2024, 01:39:00 PM »

LB, Have you been notified what time to check in at hospital tomorrow? You'll be in my prayers just like last time. Keep in touch too like last time if you want too.  :)

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #753 on: October 14, 2024, 01:55:07 PM »

Not good news  My brother will no longer will receive blood transfusions  They are setting him up for hospice.   He wants home we all agree he cant go home.  his kids are not good my father is going to speak to the social worker later today when he picks up my brother.

Update I have to be at the hopsital at  10am
« Last Edit: October 14, 2024, 02:59:32 PM by LBLNJ0668 »
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au
New Jersey (south Jersey)

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #754 on: October 14, 2024, 08:16:48 PM »

LB, I'm sorry about your brother's news. I hope the social worker was helpful with info for your father.  Prayers for each of you.

Okay to 10am for you tomorrow.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #755 on: October 15, 2024, 07:10:57 AM »

good morning never saw social worker. we didn't get back in time before she eft for the day  If I was the social worker I would have stayed so my father will go see her today my sister will go with him thank god  . I guess he will go later on n the day after he leaves me  he is taking me to my surgery   
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au

karengramke

« Reply #756 on: October 15, 2024, 09:54:41 AM »

Wow, lB.   A lot going on and more than a plate full for you!  Prayers for peace and comfort for you and your family.  Hopefully your knee is now being replaced.

Pauli, i had no pain with second or first eye.  Wonder why that occurred!  Know you are busy with drops and more drops!   Happy you are almost done!

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #757 on: October 15, 2024, 01:56:27 PM »

Hi karen, I texted LB this morning. She said she was more nervous for her brother than herself. She was to check in at 10 am. I agree with you her knee should be replaced by now.

Interesting about both your eyes. I'm glad for you. I wonder why that occurred too!! Yep busy with eye drops! My last day for eye drops is Nov 11. Ugh. I'll get there. Lol
« Last Edit: October 16, 2024, 10:52:17 AM by paulie »

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #758 on: October 15, 2024, 06:08:01 PM »

PAULIE   I'm still not ready for the cataract surgery by their standards.  Interesting phenomena tho about second eye maybe being more painful   ???

LB   Sorry about Hospice but it is a wonderful group.  Both Mom and Dad died at home on Hospice with a caregiver . They both passed when none of us kids were there... :'(  Prayers continue and hope the surgery went well today - I though it was Wed.  Prayers nevertheless.  Should be more familiar and not as scary.  HUGS
Chicagoland

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #759 on: October 16, 2024, 11:02:03 AM »

Good Morning  :)

LB's knee replacement surgery went well. She's going home sometime today.  :)

Hi tsk,  I was told the same as you for years too about not meeting their standards. I was told at last year's eye appointment that I could have cataracts removed this year. My vision blurred a lot this past year to the point it was downright annoying.

Whenever you do have cataract surgery you're going to enjoy your vision afterwards. My heavens it's great. Colors more vibrant too.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #760 on: October 16, 2024, 05:41:17 PM »

I am home  got home around 2-3 ish MY sister decided she will sleep over tonight which I am happy.  Surgery went well.  some pain like expected this hospital kept up with the pain for sure.   I was later\ with this afternoon  pain I should have taken before my last PT session but I idngt he had me do a stepper to get up in my house, I have a little stoop but the step was double size and ghat did me in. It took about 40 minute to get pain under control.
MY brother is always something.  His feeding tube came out for some reason not sure how but they sent him to hospital to get it back in. It turns out he has a blood infection they were thinking Sepic but they are leaning toward no. so he is staying overnight and from what they can see this rehab place did not give him good care which we saw.  the rehab (PT an OT)  was great nursing horrible. I saw that.   My faher is picking up all his belongings regardless he is not going back there I feel bad cause I picked it out but we were limited.  Plus they said they offered transportation but failed to mention with a charge. Prayers being said constantly.  So you know I fel guilty and think this is my fault I did talk to him today.   he sounded pretty decent. 

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #761 on: October 16, 2024, 07:55:10 PM »

Hi LB, Good about your sister sleeping over with you tonight. That's good for both of you. Geez PT had you do a stepper already. Darn pain med wasn't taken before that. Good pain is under control now.

Again ... God bless your brother. His Guardian Angel is watching over him for sure. Good that he's out of that rehab place!! Him being back in hospital is the best place for him. Your father is getting a work out. God bless him too.

Don't feel guilty. You love your brother. You did your best. That's obvious!! The rehab place failed him NOT you. Good that he sounded decent today. Trust God.

Focus on your recovery and healing. It's very nice your sister is with you tonight.  :)

#s 1 and 2

Puff

« Reply #762 on: Yesterday at 10:22:43 AM »

LB  See where your knee was handled very well.  I remember the stepper challenge very well.  I remember the other standard from home PT - I could drive when I could demonstrate I could into and out of the car.   ???  Extra practice and higher (?) standards since my raised ranch, two levels, had two flights of stairs; one 7 steps, one 6 steps.  Keep up their caveats!  You know the routine, it should be a walk (climb) in the park.

Remember, too, to take yourself seriously.  You need and deserve the best for all you've been handling.  Family help definitely appreciated and needed.  Prayers and hugs for you always.

P   

karengramke

« Reply #763 on: Yesterday at 11:10:35 AM »

Lb, what Oauli said!  Good luck with ot!  You will do goid!

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #764 on: Yesterday at 11:51:35 AM »

I had made it through the night its getting a tiny bit easier to get up off couch I got on bed that was hard hopefully tonight will be easier. Yes worried about my brother, I dont think his situation is being handled very well. I'll explain later pt will be here soon.