Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Cheers 2024  (Read 97569 times)

karengramke

Re: Cheers 2024
« Reply #720 on: October 03, 2024, 03:37:35 PM »

Lb, I am sorry to read about your brother!  Ptayersfor him and the family!   When is your knee replacement?

Pauli, did mot know your son lived in Boone!  Terrible destruction in a beautiful area of our country!  I lived in Asheville for 2 and it a half years!   Bl, in the beak is in Wautauga county cutting trees.he wrote a bit of his  workin the beak.

He is from New Jersey!
Hope you all take care.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #721 on: October 03, 2024, 05:22:44 PM »

Hi Karen Thank you so much.  Today is a bad day  emotionally about my brother Not sure if I like the rehab lace he is in but I do like his OT people he did PT and OT he did well. JUst seeing him so volunterable is devasting me.  I am his cheer leader  his biggest cheer leader but its breaking me. 

MY knee surgery is a week from Tuesday October 15. 

To top off today my engine light came on which I am nervous about I have 145000 miles and it's almost 12 years old. 
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au
New Jersey (south Jersey)

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #722 on: October 03, 2024, 08:42:54 PM »

Lb, I am sorry to read about your brother!  Ptayersfor him and the family!   When is your knee replacement?

Pauli, did mot know your son lived in Boone!  Terrible destruction in a beautiful area of our country!  I lived in Asheville for 2 and it a half years!   Bl, in the beak is in Wautauga county cutting trees.he wrote a bit of his  workin the beak.

He is from New Jersey!
Hope you all take care.
Hi Karen

Nice that you lived in Asheville for 2 1/2 years! That's awesome. Asheville is a great town. I guess I should say was. SO sad. It will be again. The Biltmore Estate flooding is terrible. Everything there is terrible .. as well as all of eastern NC. 

Thanks for telling me about BL being in Watauga. What he's doing is awesome and much needed. 
You'll see my post to him in the Beak Room.

How are things with you in Georgia where you got hit by Hurricane Helene? I read you got a generator just before the storm. That was great planning! I haven't read recently in the Beak. Can Piper go outside without a leash yet since the fence was broken?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2024, 09:07:06 PM by paulie »

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #723 on: October 03, 2024, 09:11:29 PM »

Hi LB, I just had a nice long post to you then it went poof!  Prayers continue for your brother. Prayers for you too!

Darn about your engine light. Hopefully it's something minor. We know what jicaji would say ... It's always something.
Read what your car manual says maybe. And maybe it will go out/go away. Mine did that once.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #724 on: October 04, 2024, 08:32:36 AM »

appointment for Monday for my care praying its fixable   
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #725 on: October 05, 2024, 09:04:18 AM »

Good morning, What a good day yesterday!!! My brother started to eat!!!! When I picked him up for his blood transfusion the nurse was explaining the importance of rinsing even with water.  he needs his mouth moist for it to heal!!! He rinsed while I was on phone with him last night and his voice sounded almost normal!!!!!!  Maybe that will push him to work harder!!!!!!
Pictures of him eating!!  I was a proud sister!!!!!  LOL  we are going to make him a haircut appointment and shafe the rest of his beard if he doesnt finish it himself he started to shave his beard that developed while in hospital 

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #726 on: October 05, 2024, 09:18:14 AM »

forgot my posts

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #727 on: October 06, 2024, 07:42:30 AM »

Morning  after a good day with my brother what a horrible day yesterday due to the lack of care he is receiving.  here are my notes for the day. They are also making him wear a diaper cause they are too lazy to help him get up to go to the bathroom. He is devasted

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #728 on: October 06, 2024, 07:44:51 AM »

my quotes

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #729 on: October 07, 2024, 06:18:01 AM »

good morning

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #730 on: October 08, 2024, 06:25:34 AM »

morning

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #731 on: October 08, 2024, 10:21:54 AM »

Hi LB, We went to cabin last Friday morning and didn't return till late yesterday. I didn't use my laptop while there so just read your posts.

Such good news about your brother eating and his improved mood until reading your last post about his bad day. Would he be able to go to a different rehab facility if available?

What was Monday's news about your car?

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #732 on: October 08, 2024, 07:33:17 PM »

disaster with my brother he can get kicked out of rehab Thursday by his insurance. depends on what his report says.  his disability runs out or ran out. it should be good through end of November that will be 6 months, He says now.  Need to look int that my father is going to see a lawyer on Monday I will go with him.   I just filled out Medicaid forms for my brother and nephew.  It's a mess.  Not sure if he is still eating He may have just done that for me.   

My car.....it was a faulty fuel cap.  Fixed but I need my windshield wiper fixed. it the pump they kept getting the wrong part. finally got it. so I will get that fixed on Monday. I won't need my car.  LOL   I think I will drop it off Sunday night and pick it up Monday afternoon
Hospital called me to go over everything what I need what will happen go over meds. Now this is bad timing with my brother I feel bad, my father forgot too. My poor father That poor man.     Next thing is to find cheaper place for my brothers' kids.  They are aggrevating   they should be doing these things themselves but they are so incapable. it's unbelievable. they think they are still 13 
I have been working from home because of my car will be in office rest of week.   

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #733 on: October 09, 2024, 06:14:33 PM »

good evening

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #734 on: October 09, 2024, 06:48:47 PM »

LBLN    Just popped in to see what was going on.  Boy your guardian angel is working over time to keep you from collapsing with all that you have going on and with a pending knee replacement in the mix!!  Will put you at the top of my prayer list as well as your poor brother who is now close to Hospice placement.  ((((LBLN))))
Chicagoland