Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 45   Go Down

Author Topic: Cheers 2024  (Read 83196 times)

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
Re: Cheers 2024
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2024, 10:22:26 AM »

Good Morning to you too LB  :)

Oh my heavens to high winds and reeeally strong wind gusts!! Temps dropping. The sun is shining though and that's good.

I am not looking forward to filling the bird feeders out back today. Such nasty weather last night the deer didn't even show up. No rabbits either. Brrrr and hammering rain last night.

About your work. Oh okay about it being an extension to the things you already do. Hopefully it will be more involved like you mention. Well look at it this way ... It's a paycheck.

Wow you've got nice warm temp today!! Lucky you .. until next week.

Why are you thinking of returning your coat? You need it.

All quotes are good today.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2024, 04:10:40 PM »

Darn!! I typed a whole message and it disappeared, I must have hit a buttn by accident. :(   Anyway lets see if I can rememeber everything I just said. 

It startes at 59 degrees this morning then went down to 46  veryquickly and stayed like that most of the day ut in my opinion it felt like in it's 20's!!! I used to lke the cold.  It's really windy too!!!! 

So  we got a message from out managemnt group to stop feeding the  wild life and feral cats.  I wonder if someone saw me feed the squirrels.  Oh well, THey are my babies as well as the birds.  I dont feen the fera cats but I know  1 who does.  The nasty neighbor. LOL I wont sgtop when I first moved in, I asked and they said I could. There was nothing in lease to say otherwise. 

THe coat Paule, I cant afford it. I kind of jump the gun.  But I may have come to a partial solution.  I found another coat on AMazon where you can try before you buy.  You have 7 days to try the clothing item and if yu like you pay for it if not you return it and not get charged.  I am a little hesitant cause I had bad experience with AMazon clothing but then I had a few good So I can always return it if it doesnt fit.  Bt then I have to return the other one which I was charged. I wont get credit until they receive the return and I need  the money before than.  sigh. I will explain more in detail to YOU, Paulie later if you like 
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au
New Jersey (south Jersey)

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #62 on: January 13, 2024, 07:37:16 PM »

Darn to when a post goes poof. Pain in the butt.  ;D I'm glad you remember most or all of it.

Well let's get ready for more dropping temps starting tomorrow. Charlie is like you this year LB with the cold bothering him more.

I wonder why or what happened that management wants feeding wild life to stop. Maybe they're trying not to have the pesky rodents return in the colder temps? Now is when all wildlife that has become dependent to the extras people feed them need it in this weather. They do get used to it. Good there's nothing in lease to prevent doing it. Oh my gosh I remember nasty neighbor!

Interesting about the Amazon purchase and conditions. I hadn't heard of that. I hope you like it and keep it! Can you maybe return the other coat asap and pay extra for it to be received and get your money returned sooner before you need it? Express shipping can be costly though. Yes to explaining further later however you want to. Sometimes two heads are better than one to figure something out.  :)

#2 and Lol yes to #3

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2024, 08:14:03 AM »

Good morning Yes about amazon. I got my sneakers that way. I ended up returning 3 pairs  LOL   

Someone probably complained or complained numerous times or many people complained. THey wont do anything unless someone complains

It's 34 with real feel 24.  So that means for me like 2 degrees. WE just got a special weather staement of possible snow squals later today   I got to go walk copper . Not sure why he likes the cold so much. 

My right knee is jamming up this morning when I walk.  Fun

Are you at the cabin, Paulie?

Miss you jacaji!!
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2024, 10:14:50 AM »

Good Morning,

LB, Cool about Amazon and your sneakers!

One can always count of someone complaining about something. Lol Fact of life.

Same here with snow squall and temps dropping more. When I went outside on deck to fill feeders and then backyard it was blowing and super cold.

Inclement weather and cold always brings more birds here. Earlier at deck feeders was a Northern Flicker, Chickadees, Tufted Titmouse,
Goldfinch, Red Bellied Woodpecker, Downy Woodpecker and of course a few squirrels.

Oh! My Bluebirds returned Jan 1st! They said Happy New Year.  ;D There's 5 and sometimes 7.
The deer were here last night too. Haven't seen Mom Rabbit for a few days.

Maybe the colder temps has your right knee jamming up. It's possible.

No to cabin this past weekend. We had planned to go but Charlie wasn't feeling well. We're planning to go next weekend though.
The current feels like temp at cabin now 8 degrees. A snow squall just went thru there. I get weather and motion alerts. It's nice being able to watch and check up on things in both front and rear of cabin.

All three quotes today are great!

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2024, 03:22:10 PM »

I dint get any squalls bur I saw a snow shower for about a minute. LOL  Its freezinf and copper just wants to walk slow and sniff. suppose to snow Tuedau anywhere from 1-3 " of course when I go to work. SOme sa no accumulations some sat inch soem say 1-3"  so not sure what I'll do I wil probably try.   I managed gto do some squatting to clean behind the toilet  LOL  fun.   my amazon coat is coming tomorrow.  so I may have for work tuesday if it fits and I like it.  THe other one is coming tuesday My socks came yesterday so feet/ankles are now warm. they are talking a bigger snow for Friday
« Last Edit: January 14, 2024, 03:25:21 PM by LBLNJ0668 »

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2024, 08:10:56 AM »

Good Morning, snow tomorrow of course it will cause I am suppose to go into the office this week and the weather didnt really discusses it like they did for the storms in the past 2 weeks that turned out to be just rain LOL  WE are supposed to get 4"  I will see if i can work from home silly to risk my life for an hours worth of work that I can do at home. Of coursed I feel guilty.  LOL I guess I'll see what happens

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2024, 08:50:49 AM »

Good Brrrrr Morning,

LB, Good your socks arrived and your feet and ankles are warm. Good timing for arrival!

Of course it's forecast to snow tomorrow with your return to work in office. That's called Murphy's Law!!
Good that you're considering working from home for an hours worth of work. Not worth harming all the progress you've made since your surgery. Your boss should understand. You feel guilty because you have good work ethics.

Same here for snow tonight into tomorrow. Snow again Friday too darn it because we're planning to go to cabin Friday for the weekend. We had planned to the past 2 weekends but didn't make it. We've got to go to check out the water pipes and water tanks in utility closet. Temps there go into the minus digits during winter. Need to check out trees in areas around cabin too due to very high winds and gusts yesterday. Temp there last night was 4 so the feels like temp was definitely minus.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2024, 10:35:39 AM »

Hi Pauie,

Can you leave tfor the cabin on Thursday instead of Friday?   I might not make it to PT on friday. First they may close early they did for the rain storm last week and had 2 hour delay .Plus I wont chance it since I will be driving home in snow and probably with get there late. I can do a  a lot of the exercises from home so I can do them over weekend to mke up for the lost time, plus its ok for me to skip a day snce I am not seeing the  goof PT.  Hes the only on that does the advance exercises with me with everyone else its just the basics.  :(  I am glad he gave me a couple of harder exerciss to do at home so I can make some more progress.  I'll check in later.

Oh and I iwalked my longest route with copper today right nknee started acting up toward the ned.  I idd th curbs   a couple incorrectly .   oops.  I think he has trouble seeing he walks into branches instead of walking around them and he ends up dragging the mand getting leash all tisted up.  Either that or he just doesnt care.  LOL 

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2024, 03:42:13 PM »

Hi there LB, Good suggestion! I have to take one of my granddaughter's to an appointment Thursday afternoon after school.
I'll keep an eye on weather this week to see what happens. It's now to start snowing here earlier this evening into tomorrow 2 to 4 inches. I haven't heard amount yet for Friday.

Another good thought of yours is you not going to PT Friday with your weather conditions. Also if you're not seeing the good PT guy and he's already given you advanced exercises to do at home that sounds safest and best. Better to be safe than sorry.

Congrats on your longest route with Copper today. But umm on the coldest day yet for you? Lol Either way good for you!
How do you do curbs incorrectly?  Did you take cane with you? I think you said a couple weeks ago you don't use it any more. Maybe you do for walks and curbs. But still how does one do a curb incorrectly? That's interesting.

Copper probably doesn't want to walk around the branches. LOL

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2024, 06:56:39 PM »

Hi Paulie,  We are now suppose to get 4-6 in tonight into tomorrow.  I will work from home  if that is true.  It still hasnt started snowing yet. I have car parked in reverse so easier to get out.  If I work from home I will break to shovel so I am good to go wednesday morning.  I am sure I only have a an or so worth or work anyway.    I heard fridays storm is suppose to be bigger but who knows.  The coat from amazon came today and it is so compfortable It keeps more warm. I have 7 days to try it.  I think I am going to keep it and retun the other one without even opening it  :) 

When I go down the curbs, I go down not straight.  I turn to the side a little bit befor egoing down .  SO I go down sideways and not forward.  Mkaes sense?  I am trying to go down forward. If curb is small I can do it if I concentrate. turning to the right or left is more out of habit which I got to break. But if it's a big curb it's more fear going straight foward and a little habit. 

Copper is lazy if he doesnt want to walk around the branches. LOL   

UPDATE: I just looked outside and it just started to snow. JUst flurries nothing on ground yet. 
« Last Edit: January 15, 2024, 06:59:16 PM by LBLNJ0668 »

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2024, 06:41:56 AM »

Good Morning  well it was tough I got ready and cleared my car but then decided to work from home.  MY bos smade me feel guilty and turns out he is working from home remotely  cause the Kids (his girl friends) have snow day.  But I dont understand. Their dad gts thwm during the week.  ANyway working from home only a couple of inches but still snowing.  I am so tired though since I iddnt sleep so well being nervous about today

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #72 on: January 16, 2024, 10:32:17 AM »

Hi LB, Thanks for explaining the correct vs incorrect way going up and down a curb. Yep makes sense.

Yay your Amazon coat arrived and it's warm. I hope you wore it when you cleaned off your car. Smart thinking to back into your parking space.
Makes sense returning the other one but don't you have to open it to complete a return form and request a refund? I think so.

Good you decided to work from home. Don't let your boss make you feel guilty He hasn't been through what you have since last November till now. Best for you to be save and not sorry for one hour's work.

It snowed more here than predicted too. Got maybe 5 inches. It just stopped a little bit ago.
I saw and icy mix for NJ this Friday. Things can change though and hopefully for the better!
I repeat .. again .. am ready for Spring!

All quotes today good ones.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #73 on: January 16, 2024, 03:36:10 PM »

It snowed less here. but now it's a sheet of ice. everyone is saying it's really icy out.  so now nervous for tomorrow but it will probablytake me forever to get incar it will be all iced up.  We just got sevond email from management that they are working so hard on walkways. Its all a sheet of ice and I havent sen anyone. I hear something now but it sound like a plow we need salt! I put ice melt outside of my door it's all wet I will put more on in a little bit. so that way I can get to the grass an dmanever my way to my car  LOL  I hope my company gives a delay opening   

I am hearing snow friday but who knows, I heard it will start in afternoon but now I read in morning.  ugggh

I think I can do the return online through web site and just put label.  on box,If I do I will 1/2 way open it to slip in the retun form .  It's arriving late due to the weather, should have been delivered today. It's held up due to weather. Oh well. 

I definitly did not sleep well last night and I wont tonight.   I am going to take shower tonight to save some time tomorrow.  Plus I dont blow dry my hair so will need to do tonight. 

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #74 on: January 16, 2024, 08:48:11 PM »

I hope you have a delayed opening tomorrow too for sure with ice.

Got more snow here than I'd said before. The guy who cleared driveway and sidewalks offered to clear snow off both our vehicles too. Yes! We really appreciated that.

Same here with snow on Friday but more now. Same at cabin. Ugh. You and I will have to wait till Thursday to see what's said then. I say let's have no snow. Lol

Good idea about the onsite return label. I forgot about that. Sounds easy peasy.

Hopefully today tired you out more and you sleep better tonight. Hope so!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 45   Go Up