Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Cheers 2024  (Read 83198 times)

LBLNJ0668

Re: Cheers 2024
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2024, 06:58:56 AM »

Good mornign it was a 10 day cruise not 20.   My father is 88. We supposely had straight lines winds I iddnt hear it but I had tv on and 2 fans on in nedroom so I hear nothing in bedroom.   got 17 nixle alerts in middle of night (thank god, I had set on silence) about flooded roads.  They are all open now.  But I think it wil flood gain with the tides.  MY knee still causes issue sleeping  they said it will take time. Copper woke me up at 430 again . They say its windy I dont see it being windy.  More rain coming friday into saturday 
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au
New Jersey (south Jersey)

BrokenLug

« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2024, 08:30:40 AM »

LBLNJ0668 just out of curiosity being a fellow native Garden Stater what town do you live in in NJ?
You don't have to answer if you're not comfortable sharing.   :)

LBLNJ - "But I think it will flood again with the tides" ?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2024, 08:32:18 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2024, 10:13:27 AM »

LB, Oh okay a 10 day cruise. Very nice for your father at 88.

Very good that you slept through the storm's winds last night and not hearing all the phone notifications! Darn it to Copper's schedule at 4:30a.m.

The cabin got walloped with snow last weekend and snowed Mon & Tues too. We kept an eye on the front and rear via the Ring cam. Today high winds there too. Maybe another inch of snow this weekend. We're thinking about going this weekend but not sure yet. Temps there are much lower there than here at home. Brrrrr

#3  :)

Hi BrokenLug, I hope all's good with you and after the storm in your area too.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2024, 10:26:44 AM »

LBLNJ0668 just out of curiosity being a fellow native Garden Stater what town do you live in in NJ?
You don't have to answer if you're not comfortable sharing.   :)

LBLNJ - "But I think it will flood again with the tides" ?

I live in Central Jersy.  By New Brunswick  Yes it will flood agan as the canals and rivers crest.  Thats what happened in the last storm 
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2024, 02:09:54 PM »

It's official they approved the drs note for me to come back to work in office.  Not sure what I am thinking. LOL  So back to office, Tuesday unless it snows like they are now talking about.  LOL 

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2024, 10:10:43 PM »

Geesh LB, So much for the safety group taking their time to respond! Darn it. Well it is what it is.

My guess is they responded quickly because you accomplish a lot when in office. In the past you've received commendations for suggestions you made and were accepted. Also in the past you're the one who stepped up to cover for other co-workers when they were out. Take it as a compliment despite you not looking forward to returning to in office.

One thing good is you'll get a breather from Copper following you around all day. He's going to have to get used to that.

Good you won't go in if it snows Tuesday. Last night I was going to suggest when snow or ice happen you hopefully can work from home because you don't want to hurt all the progress in recovery you've made.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2024, 06:52:37 AM »

my work has nothing to do with them responding so fast.   LOL  THey just want it documented that I a ok so if anything happens no law suit.  LOL I am just nervous they may give me a hard time since I have been out for so long  Copper is not going to be happy when I go back to the office but i will!!!  he is definitly too attatched to me 

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2024, 09:47:21 AM »

Good Morning,

LB, I was giving you a compliment! Lol Okay about them and no law suit. It's called "CYA".  ;D

Agreed to Copper has become very attached and used to you being there daily.

Finally a sunny day here!  :)

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2024, 02:18:46 PM »

I know you were complimenting me thank you, too bad companies dont make decisions based on that.  I told my boss today I want more work cause he said sometung about another job function and volunteered I told him I have no work.  He said it may be too much. I told him we'll talk next week.   Today I was bussy but done with my work by 200 nd thats for me steppingout to do a couple of errands.  Its better than being done by 830 am.  LOL

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2024, 09:35:14 PM »

You're welcome of course. It's true. And agreed about corporate decisions.

I remember when work for you got really slow about at least 2 years ago, correct? Also it happened when a temp was hired to satisfy the number of workers and also for the company to receive add'l funding .. something like that? I remember you saying back then an add'l worker wasn't needed because work was already slow.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

I do remember you mentioning a while ago your boss had mentioned an add'l function for you to do. If work is slow why in the world would he say it might be too much? Does it require add'l walking or something in office?
I remember too when you had your work completed in the morning. That makes for a looooong day.

Good that you got a couple of errands done today because this weekend's weather here and in your area is supposed to be yuck again. Ugh

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2024, 06:54:37 AM »

Good morning you are right It has been slow for 2 years maybe a week or so busie but I havent had to work late . Or busy for most of day.    I still agree we dont need this extra person.   Yesterday I tod him I need more work and volunteered for an extra job. He said its  lot of work I told him I am sooo slow. and who else will have time to do it  everyone else has extra work .   I left it as we will talk next week when I am in the office.  LOL  oops didnt relaize I menntioned this already  but I guess its on my mind  LOL

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2024, 09:00:00 AM »

Good Morning,

LB, I forgot to mention your yesterday afternoon quotes. #1 about music definitely! After reading all three though I think all afternoon quotes are spot on. #3 is adorable and true.  :)

Cool that I remembered your past work issues correctly. Hmmm well if everyone else now has extra work and you have the time it makes sense for your boss to give extra work to you too. Good luck next week when you speak to him about it.

This morning's quotes .. #2 and 3

TGIF for you!

Time for another coffee for me.  :D

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2024, 03:09:42 PM »

WE spoke a little today, he said he has plans for me so hesitiant in giving me the new responsiblity I told him I need more work especially if I am in office (I will watch movies, on my phone if not, I have netflic, and paramount plus app on my phone LOL) He said we will talk next week.  Now possible Tuesday, They arent talking about this so much so it's getting me nervous. They talked so much about the big storms that eneded up being rain so maybe this is the  one since they arent given us  a 2 week warning   ;)

oh I ordered socks today I need ones that go up to ankle MY feet are good, just have tenis socks.  I need a new winter coat. I ordered I dont thinks its going to ship until Tuesday (its going to be freezing next week..  I guess I am slow this year with keeping warm.  All I Know this is the first year that I have been so cold  in  so long.  I usually can tolerate the cold but not this year.   :(

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2024, 05:09:03 PM »

Ooooh! Sounds like maybe your boss has a special project for you or maybe a promotion (if any slots available)? Either would be nice.
Tuesday's talk will be interesting. I'm hoping for good news for you, LB.

Do you return in office Monday or Tuesday? Oh wait Monday is probably a work holiday.

Time will tell about weather Tuesday for you and me too. They say still waiting to see what course/path the storm takes. Time will tell.

Oh my gosh! There was just a really strong wind gust here that made me jump in my seat! Strong gusts predicted. I guess they've arrived.

I hope your new socks and coat arrive sooner than later. Same here with frigid temps next week. Weatherman says an artic blast.
Are you ready for Spring yet? I am!  ;D

Awe to #1

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2024, 08:01:14 AM »

Good morning. Paulie I already know what it is. Its the exgtension  of what was alrady given to me that has been talked about since september/october.   I am not thrilled with it.  I am not liking what I am doing now with it so maybe it will be more involved. 

Its hot here today 59. It rained over night clearing up. going to get cold starting tomorrow but even more so Monday

Did not sleep well at all last night and not because of my knee  I just have so much on my mind financially. It's getting scary. They keep saying thing are improving the only thing I see that improved is price of gas.  I had to get a coat so that didnt help. Which is coming Tuesday, Thinking of returning it  sigh.