Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Cheers 2024  (Read 57830 times)

LBLNJ0668

Re: Cheers 2024
« Reply #495 on: June 19, 2024, 08:18:15 PM »

Hi Paulie,  My brother is at Rehab.  He's been there since Monday night.  He was ok there at first but now  he doesnt care they dont give him his mouth spray . He gets soars in his mouth because of the chemo.  They been looking for it all day  His butt is also sore and they arent helping with  that with the cream he has.  He gets into the wheel chair on his own.  and goes to the toilet. He PT and OT today. everyday for 30 min each he did the recombeent bike for 15 minutes.  He has transportation he has to pay for himself.  MY father may be able to tak ehim next week.  He goes to get his transfusion tomorrow  That costs like $250 each way.   I feel so bad for him I wish I can do more.  He usually gets his chemo pill around dinner time theydidnt give to him until 800 He is determined to get out soon!!!!   If his friedn doesnt help him with his disanilty forms. I am going to have to help him this weekend.  I am upset with my sister she doesnt visit him. MY brother needs the support now .   

My father had his procedure today they ere only able to do one side. cause th enerves were mangled but they think that is good enough he is peeing!! no cathetor.  He goes to the ent next Monday to check his nerves in throat to see if goahead for surgery to remove rest of thyroid. 

My car fixed.  cost a penny my father helped.  I got 4 new tires and  not what dealer said I needed it done. He did something else that should  fix problem I also got filter and wheeel alignment.  for the same price dealer me  not including the tires , filters and alignment so good deal.   I was without car for 2 days.  :( didnt have to go any where though. I did ggo see my brother at rehab today after I picked up my car.  tomorow teeth cleaner. taking early lunch
Yes heat wave here too. Today was the first tie I went out for the last 2 days to pick up my car.  LOL  I didnt think it was so bad.   but it was 430 
« Last Edit: June 20, 2024, 06:25:23 AM by LBLNJ0668 »
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au
New Jersey (south Jersey)

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #496 on: June 20, 2024, 06:24:41 AM »

Good morning
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #497 on: June 20, 2024, 09:22:36 PM »

Hi LB, I'm shaking my head about what your brother is going through in rehab. He's going to hell and back.
This isn't the rehab place you had initially found for him that was recommended and very good is it?
Sounds like he's definitely trying at PT, OT and recumbent bike. It's understandable he wants out of there. Prayers continue for him.

God bless and prayers continue for your father too! Good news for him yesterday after his procedure. Prayers for his upcoming next procedure too.

LB, Agreed your brother needs support now but whatever happened between your sister and your brother is between them and is out of your hands. You are doing your best for your brother and father and that's wonderful. May I suggest you step away from the 'rift' between your sister and brother. If there is to be a reconciliation that is up to them. You can always pray about it in the meantime.

Good news that your car is fixed and again God bless your father for his help. You've got a really loving dad for sure. The timing of you being without your car for two days during repairs worked great since you're working from home this week.

Letting you know we're heading to the cabin tomorrow morning. We were hoping for cooler temps in the mountains but there's a heat wave and advisory there too. This weekend the temps are even higher at cabin with  heat advisory of 101. The same advisory is here at home for the weekend so there's no escaping it either way.

You take care and internet permitting on the mountain I'll be checking in here.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #498 on: June 21, 2024, 12:08:19 PM »

Hi Pauie,
its  not the  first choice  but second choice.  I a going there in about an hour after work.  I have summer hours .  I will check if he got his spray.  He does seem happier there than the hospital he sods like his normal self.  He had PT and OT today they had him walking withte walker but they wont allow him to walk with the walker on his own yet.  They are probably dragging it on until insurance says no more  ;)

They have computers there (he told me) Either today ot this weekend I will help with his disability forms on line.  I didnt want to bring my  work lap top there and deal with passwords. or struggle on my phone. LOL :P He says he cant concentrate enough to deal with it.  He's always like that!!!!!  I made eggroll in a bowl, I am bringing him some plus  protein shakes. 
Next friday I am off but I have a physical at 10  I think he needs to be at the hospital for blood transfusions at 900 so I will take him then go to my drs.  Pick him up later on when he is done.  Iwill  take him  the following week  wed-sat.  yes 4th of JUly!  They are open that day 

You're right about my isster but she is selfish  ;) :P

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #499 on: June 22, 2024, 07:31:38 AM »

Good Morning another hot one

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #500 on: June 23, 2024, 07:49:16 AM »

good morning

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #501 on: June 24, 2024, 06:51:09 PM »

good evening

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #502 on: June 24, 2024, 08:30:58 PM »

Home safely. Long drive. I did the driving to and from cabin. I'm beat. The heat wave was on the mountain too. Whew!! A front came thru last evening with pouring rain and cooled things off. I'm beat. Zzzz soon

Hi LB, How is your brother doing? Any progress with his strength? Were you able to help him with his disability forms and get everything completed? Hope so.

You're still working from home this week, correct? Then the next two weeks in office?

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #503 on: June 25, 2024, 02:20:17 PM »

My visit to the cabin last weekend was successful with no more suspicious strange allergic itchy bumps. Not one! Yay! I'm assuming whatever it was is over with and done now.

Another awesome summer day .. 90 but low humidity. I mowed this morning when cooler. I had to tell the guy I hired to mow good bye. Turns out his huge mower was not a mulcher and he was scalping areas of the lawn. He did a lousy job too so I'm back to mowing. My oldest granddaughter said she wants to help. Charlie can't mow due to his health.

I'm doing laundry and going to hang some outside on the clothesline. I enjoy doing that like the good 'ol days.  :)

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #504 on: June 25, 2024, 07:26:54 PM »

Hi Paulie, welcome back . His friend did the disability forms I printed the out for him. I think he needs to get some drs to sign so it probably wont get done. He is making progress. He is allowed ro walke to the bathroom with walker but thats it.  Its a pretty decent distance.   The last few days were a disaster with his kids. Long story I spend tSunday afternoon crying.  They  both are so ungrateful 

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #505 on: June 26, 2024, 04:36:36 PM »

good evening

jicaji

« Reply #506 on: June 26, 2024, 06:03:47 PM »

Hi Paulie and LB....

Sorry I've been absent for awhile.  Stuff going on here and there....all finally quiet.

LB.  How are you doing?  I'm so sorry to read your brother is having such a difficult time in rehab.  Hopefully all will go well next week or so and he'll be home.  How's your dad doing this week? 

Paulie...Happy you left the cabin this weekend without the itchy bumps.  I was wondering if it was cooler at the cabin last weekend.  Guess not.

Well, yesterday we had four great big turkeys at the side of the house.  Two big Toms and two hens.  They were right by our window, so I could watch them till they wandered off.  Very exciting....Again, it's the little things.

This weekend is my granddaughter's graduation party.  Looking forward to it, other than they are planning to have it outside on Saturday and scattered showers are forecast.  We'll see what happens.

Looking forward to the debate tomorrow night.

Have a good night.  Sleep well.
Never, never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way. Martin Luther King Jr.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #507 on: June 27, 2024, 06:10:55 AM »

Hi Jacai!!! Good to see you YOu have been missed. I understand about crazy life. Cool on turkeys!! we see the once in a blue decade. LOL   Have fun at the graduation party.  MY brothers rehab has improved.   His kids I don't want to talk about  I was getting ready to go to work and got text messages my office does not have power so work  from home yippy I am ogff tomorrow as well and next week I have short week and work from home  Apparantly we had storrms ast night not bad by me

I have my physical tomorrow and I have t get a mri for my right knee for my surgery fun.   I forget what its call but it takes more indepth pictures . Oh did I say my surgery date is set it's October 15.

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #508 on: June 27, 2024, 08:52:42 AM »

Good Morning,

Hi jicaji, Good to see you here. Good also that things are finally quiet for you. Yay! I hope you come here more often now. Thanks about the itchy bumps.

Enjoy your granddaughter's graduation party! Very special for sure. I hope the weather cooperates.

Very cool about the turnkeys right outside your window!

I'm looking forward to tonight's debate also.

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #509 on: June 27, 2024, 08:56:32 AM »

Hi LB, Good about your brother's disability forms. Good also he can walk short distances on his own. I hope his progress continues.

Nice you're able to work from home today.

Wow to October 15. Good for you. You're having your second knee replaced already while jicaji and I are still holding off on one. Lol