Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Cheers 2024  (Read 58636 times)

LBLNJ0668

Re: Cheers 2024
« Reply #465 on: June 09, 2024, 07:27:08 AM »

Thanks Tsk  THid time is definilty a challenging time for all. I saw th4e cancer dr yesterday.  I got better explanation.   His cancer treatment wasnt as aggressive as originlly planned because he got so sick.  (they think from leukmia) so he was doing a less aggressice and will do that for this cycle and the 2nd cycle.  His numbers are improving a little not as fast as they would have if they went more aggressive . There are  a couple of blocks of cells they are concerned about. They may go more aggressive down the orad.  but he is on a long road.  He will have ups and downs.  He is doing ok still trouble sleepng.  My brother wants to go home they will re-evaluate in a few days right now in his my chart the estimated day is 6/20 Hes probaby better off in hospital becuase of one of his sons  his trouble and my brother doesnt need that
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au
New Jersey (south Jersey)

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #466 on: June 10, 2024, 06:41:26 PM »

hello nothing new to report
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #467 on: June 11, 2024, 09:10:32 AM »

Good Morning!

We went to cabin last Friday morning and returned late yesterday. Was a great weekend and had a family birthday dinner for one of my daughters at the cabin too.

LB, Yes my family does have lots of June birthdays and you my friend have your birthday tomorrow!  :)

Very good news your brother is out of ICU. Understandable he wants to go home and also understandable you feel more comfortable with him in the hospital.

Is this your second week working in office or did that end last week?

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #468 on: June 11, 2024, 09:26:56 AM »

PAULIE   I presume all your skin eruptions are being handled by the steroid and clearing things up?
Hi tsk!! Nice to see you and very nice and thank you for asking.

The initial steroid prescription helped a lot and the initial eruptions (good term for them by the way!) pretty much went away after one week. But when we went to the cabin again the next weekend they got puffy and itchy again. I was very careful too and didn't walk in wooded areas. I had taken all the steroid but resumed taking Allegra for antihistamine. It helped the itching and swelling plus an anti-itch cream.

Two weeks went by and the eruptions were gone. We went to cabin this past weekend so that was my test to see if they reappeared again. They did not until the fourth day and final day (yesterday) there I got a raised itchy bump again in an initial location on neck. Weird and strange, right? When they reappear it's where I first had them. Anyway I'm taking Allegra and using anti-itch cream on it. Whatever I'm allergic to outside the cabin areas must be airborne.

It will be another two weeks before we can go to the cabin again so I'm really hoping with the extra time between visits it won't happen any more and I'm done with it. Fingers crossed!

Thanks again for asking. I hope all is good for you and you're enjoying Spring and gardening and other things.  :)

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #469 on: June 11, 2024, 06:23:22 PM »

Hi Paulie, Good to see your bacK!!I ant believe you got the bumps agin.  Yikes could it be from one of the plants/weeds outside . My brother thinks he is going home Friday my father doesnt think so They finally brought him a walker and he walked 2 steps forward and back.  He said he felt dizzt a little and a littl shakey. I think he needs rehab for a few days I have a feeling he is going to refuse to go nd go home. 

Yes 2nd week in the office looking foward to next week!!! HOme!!!

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #470 on: June 12, 2024, 03:49:37 PM »

Happy Birthday, LB!! ;D 

Even though it's a work day for you I hope your day is extra special for you!  :-*

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #471 on: June 12, 2024, 03:57:32 PM »

Whew! Long busy day with my oldest granddaughter shopping and having fun together. Her birthday is Saturday. She'll be 17!!

Anyway LB That's why I didn't post Happy Birthday to you sooner today.

Thanks for saying good to see my back and I'm with you about the bumps again. So annoying.

My heavens to your brother being so weak trying to walk with walker. God bless him. Agreed he should go to rehab. Much safer for him. I hope he doesn't refuse then go home. Not good.

Your in office week if almost over. Good! Good to home next week.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #472 on: June 12, 2024, 04:06:47 PM »

Happy Bird Day LB   8)

bounce
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

karengramke

« Reply #473 on: June 12, 2024, 06:19:55 PM »

Happy Birthday, LB

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #474 on: June 12, 2024, 07:20:29 PM »

Thank you Paulie, Karen and Tig!!!!!  SO much appreciated. 

It was good day co workers brought cheese cake and munchkins.   MY brothers diabeties went doen to 78 (when I was there today)  When this all started is w sin the high 300's .I think he is going to go to rehab but he doesnt want to go on Friday if they wont do anything with him until  Monday he wants them to work with him immediately.  LOL They will promise you the world and not follow through. I did find him a good rehab place everyone recommneds it now the problem is if they have a spot. 

I am going with my father tomorrow to his dr appointment with his surgeon. OH!!!! He went to the urologist yesterday to pull out cathetor and he is Peeing!!! Wow the things we get excited about!! He is still going for the procedure next week that will only help hm since e does have an enlarged prostrate So hopefully tomorro wwe can get the suurgery date for his thyroid in the book but she may wnt to wait to schedule that appintnet until after the prostrate procedure.   

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #475 on: June 13, 2024, 07:06:08 AM »

Good morning   I have today off and I leep thinking its friday LOL

Puff

« Reply #476 on: June 13, 2024, 07:55:30 AM »

Last one precious LB.

Doesn't say to whom it applied?  Could go either way.  Helping each other.

P

Puff

« Reply #477 on: June 13, 2024, 08:00:16 AM »

The return of the Canadian geese parade!  But where do they spend the nights?  They seem to stroll across the hatchery inroad at sunset.  Headed toward the raceways/hatchery office?  Each group just strolls together across the road at sunset.  Then, here they come back at sunrise, all together on schedule.  LOL

P

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #478 on: June 13, 2024, 02:51:56 PM »

Last one precious LB.

Doesn't say to whom it applied?  Could go either way.  Helping each other.

P

Good view.  I would say the dog asks for nothing..... But LOL  I have seen very demanding dogs LOL Could be bothways!! I think we could have a good conversation going over both sides.  LOL

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #479 on: June 13, 2024, 04:31:12 PM »

PAULIE   Very interesting allergy reaction but sounds like you have it under control. I was curious so found this article from WEBMD

https://www.webmd.com/allergies/skin-allergy-types-triggers
« Last Edit: June 13, 2024, 04:33:53 PM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland