Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Cheers 2024  (Read 62116 times)

LBLNJ0668

Re: Cheers 2024
« Reply #525 on: July 04, 2024, 08:30:11 AM »

Getting ready to take my brother to get his chemo
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au
New Jersey (south Jersey)

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #526 on: July 04, 2024, 12:36:26 PM »

Happy 4th of July!!!

Wishing everyone a great day celebrating our independence.

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #527 on: July 04, 2024, 12:37:31 PM »

LB, You're a good sister.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #528 on: July 04, 2024, 01:27:16 PM »

Happy 4th of July LB, Paulie, jicaji and Cheers Family!
Peace be with you!
  ;D
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #529 on: July 05, 2024, 07:29:02 AM »

Good Morning, now I know why I sgtopped watching the macys fire works on TV, the spend most of the time showing the singers innstead of the fireworks.
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #530 on: July 06, 2024, 07:15:54 AM »

Good morning taking my brother to chemo today. He goes home tomorrow 

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #531 on: July 06, 2024, 10:40:25 AM »

Good Morning,

We're at the cabin. Beautiful sky but hot and humid here like others are experiencing too. Dewpoint here yesterday was tropical 73. Ugh A/C is wonderful!

Hi Lani! Thank you for the July 4th wishes. I hope you had a pleasant holiday. 

LB, Hoping all goes well for your brother when he returns home tomorrow. I bet he's looking forward to it!!

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #532 on: July 07, 2024, 08:11:14 AM »

good morning  I am taking my brother home today at 1130. He is excited.  I am worried.  I am not sure if he can handle it. He can walk with walker no problem . but he depends on wheel chair too much. I think its fear.  back to office 2 weeks in a row   yuch   

karengramke

« Reply #533 on: July 07, 2024, 07:13:01 PM »

Lb, does your brother live alone?  It does not seem like an ideal situation!  Can he rent a wheel chair!    Talk to a social worker at the facility he was in.   Tgey should be able to tell you where he could rent oneI.  do not know how they could discharge him without proving he could do all the things that it is necessary to do!

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #534 on: July 07, 2024, 07:58:03 PM »

Hi Karen ,  My brother can walk with walker. he was animant in going home today  Supposely he is getting a wheel chair (insurance will py for it)  I think it will be delivered tomorrow.  PT nurse annd OT will be coming to  his house for the next 2 weeks His 2 sons live with him. Not ideal situation long story but they are there. 

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #535 on: July 08, 2024, 08:06:06 PM »

A little late tonight, got involved with watch a show I am watching

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #536 on: July 09, 2024, 12:56:52 PM »

Hi! I'm checking in. We're still at the cabin. Might be returning later today.

LB, How's your brother doing at home? Did he get his wheelchair? Good that PT and OT will be there for two weeks.
I hope his sons behave.

Hi karen! I hope all's good with you and Piper.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #537 on: July 09, 2024, 06:42:38 PM »

Hi Paulie No to all your questions but his sons behaving.  He didnt get wheel chair tey want $95 co pay . My father said he can get him one if really needed. Hes walking with walker.  Home PT no too epensive suposely he is  making appt  with his PMC dcotr to give scrip and recommendations for outpatient.  I dont know if he really needs it.  Hed just needs to walk and gain strength.  I am copying  all my home PT exercises and stretches.  I did them at home and at PT I will give him the copies I make. He wont do it.  He already got in souhwer. its a tub shower.   His oldest his helping him out.  the younger one I have no idea he's more intereted  in going out.  He is doing good at home.   he is happy he is in his bed and neck is much better. I think most of his aches and pains are better. I got hi a cane he said he will try using that tomorrow.  He and his whole family lies, I dont know who to believ. I take everything what they say with a grain of salt 

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #538 on: Yesterday at 07:56:52 PM »

good night

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #539 on: Yesterday at 09:38:54 PM »

Hi LB, Good to your brother enjoying being home ... his bed .. showering (with his oldest son's help) and his neck is feeling better. I would think in time he'll regain his strength. That's up to him. There's just so much you can do.

Regarding the lies. LB, you have done a lot to help your brother. You can do just so much. Agreed you should take what is said by them with a grain of salt.
It's up to your brother to decide to do PT exercises and stretches you provide copies to him .. and whatever else he's to do. He and his sons are going to do what they do. You have tried your best and yes you'll worry but you need to take care of you too.

I like all your quotes yesterday and today.