Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Cheers 2024  (Read 85082 times)

LBLNJ0668

Re: Cheers 2024
« Reply #150 on: February 13, 2024, 04:53:51 PM »

Hello I meant to post earlier.  I tried to go into work but turned around decided the roads were too horrible to attempt.  It turned out there was an email saying work from home if youre worried about  your safety.  I was off yesterday so didnt get it.  You would think someone would mention that too me   Nope!!! We didt get much maybe 2-3 inches.  It was heavy though when I left roads werent plowed yet so they wernt good. 

Paulie did you really relax??? LOL 
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au
New Jersey (south Jersey)

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #151 on: February 13, 2024, 08:40:09 PM »

LB, Good decision you made to turn around and go home! True a heads up about the email would have been nice since you weren't logged into work yesterday.

You made me laugh. Yes I really did relax! And I slept in this morning too. Nice!  ;D

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #152 on: February 14, 2024, 10:33:46 AM »

Good Morning,

Another sunny day .. cold but sunshine melting some more snow. Got 7.5 inches here yesterday. Another 2 to 3 inches in forecast Fri/Sat.
Oh well .. it's February.

One of my daughter's was born in February 1979 blizzard. We lived in Glen Burnie, MD at that time. Went into labor the night before and woke up to the blizzard. Now that's a story of events that happened!

When living in Germany in 1975 we went to Fashing Parade prior to start of Lent. That was fun! German Fastnaughts are delicious!
They are a staple at my house to eat the day before Lent.

Wishing all a pleasant Valentine's Day.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #153 on: February 14, 2024, 07:03:47 PM »

Good evening youalways have intereswting stories Paulie?Are you German?I ooh I found anotam 50% My momsside of the family :D just 2 more days of work. yes counting down the work week.
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #154 on: February 14, 2024, 07:05:21 PM »

oooh I found another tiny house.  I think it may be a stgep up from a tiny house. It looks a little bigger but not much.  It iddnt have floor plans though

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #155 on: February 14, 2024, 09:57:48 PM »

LB, Another larger tiny house! Lol It does look larger. Looks like kinda like a cabin.  :) I don't know if you play the lottery but if you do and ever hit big I know what you're going to do!!

You have me laughing at your comment 2 days of work to go and counting down the days. You're working from home this week! Lol

What did you find that's 50% of your mother's side? Read your post.  ;D

Quotes #s 3 and 4

To answer your question about being German. Basically yes but that comes under a big umbrella. It became interesting and apparent when I lived in Mainz, Germany. My grandparents came from Austria/Hungry and Czechoslovakia (Croatia/Slovenia) The geography is different today.

I feel a story coming on to explain.  :) Growing up my parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles would speak in "German". I learned to speak some from them but as an adult when living in Germany I learned about the different German dialects.  No one in Mainz, Germany stores or restaurants understood when I spoke in what I thought was German I had learned growing up. My parents came to visit. We learned of a big difference between German, Austrian and Slovak dialects. We traveled through Germany to Rome, Italy. We attended Octoberfest in Munich Germany and no one understood my parents when speaking in what we called German. Not until we arrived in Austria did my mother have conversations that were understood. When we traveled a bit further south my father's Slovak was understood. Different areas had distinct dialects. Was very interesting.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #156 on: February 15, 2024, 05:47:34 PM »

I am a careless typer LOL I'm 50% Germanon my moms side. I work in the office this week. thats whyso eager for week to be done LOL Guess what I found more tiny home  the one with the outside sitting are is my favorte . Paulie is there a lake on your property???  Well take th eproch from the other one and add it to the one with the furniture on yard.       I dont play the lotteryI really should!!!

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #157 on: February 15, 2024, 05:50:01 PM »

Here are my quotes!!! Can't forget them 

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #158 on: February 15, 2024, 09:26:02 PM »

Nice to you being 50% German. Ancestry is interesting. Oh my that's right you worked from home last week!! Gotcha why you're looking forward to tomorrow.

Oh my more tiny houses! Lol No to a lake on the property but there's a creek that's nearby. Start playing the lottery. Lol

#s 3 and 4

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #159 on: February 16, 2024, 05:11:35 PM »

I need to start Playing!!!! Snow tonight. They day 3-5 in" I'll believe it when I see it.  Supposely in the next coupleof weeks  I will be training on my new role.  I'll believe it when I see that as well!! LOL  I am not sure I want it .  LOL  Oh myFathers  side. is Polish and Russian .  No interesting storieswell yeah I have  one save for another time . well I will share now. LOL  my grandmother father (on my mom's side, German, they werent Jewish)  Hid the belongings of some Jewish families diuring the holocust.  I think he hid some failies too. He got caught and was sent to a concentrtion camp for helping the Jewish people.  He was eventuually let go. 

I wouldnt mind a tinyhouse, well maybe more like a small house. there is n storage for tiny himes.  so  little bigger.  LOL  I'll take the creek  :)   I didnt see any tiny homes today on my fb so far.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #160 on: February 16, 2024, 05:26:37 PM »

Ok Paulie, now I am stgretching. Maybe I will get a ticket this weekend   ;)

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #161 on: February 16, 2024, 10:32:51 PM »

LB, Same here 3 to 7" but just a dusting so far. I definitely hope they're wrong. Most of last week's snow is melted. Time will tell.

Very interesting family story. God bless your grandmother's father. When in Germany we visited Dachau concentration camp. It was very sobering. God bless all of those Jewish people who were there. Very good that he was eventually let go.

Holy! It's lottery time for sure. That house .. tiny or not .. is awesome. Love the windows. You can put it by the creek then I'll move in with you. LOL

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #162 on: February 17, 2024, 08:25:04 AM »

Good morning!!!!! YippEE!! got my snow I want more though LOL I think about 7" some saw a foot but I wont disagree I am not good at measuring by sight. LOL  It nice and thick.    I love lots of windows!!!!!!   soI love that house.  I have joing a FB group of tiny hiomesso I may have lots more to share as I find the ones I like I also joing log cabin group LOL 

BrokenLug

« Reply #163 on: February 17, 2024, 08:40:10 AM »

LBLNJ0668 I think you might have gotten a bit more than 7" by you.
Most of these snow measurements were taken early this AM too.   :o

Enjoy your snow day and stay safe !   8)

https://maps.cocorahs.org/?maptype=snowfall-depth&units=us&base=std&cp=BluYlwRed&datetype=daily&displayna=0&date=2024-02-17&key=dynamic&overlays=state,county&bbox=-74.63802337646486,40.408790667048834,-74.19857025146486,40.54198241319329

U. S. A.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #164 on: February 17, 2024, 08:56:53 AM »

LBLNJ0668 I think you might have gotten a bit more than 7" by you.
Most of these snow measurements were taken early this AM too.   :o

Enjoy your snow day and stay safe !   8)

https://maps.cocorahs.org/?maptype=snowfall-depth&units=us&base=std&cp=BluYlwRed&datetype=daily&displayna=0&date=2024-02-17&key=dynamic&overlays=state,county&bbox=-74.63802337646486,40.408790667048834,-74.19857025146486,40.54198241319329

I am thinking closer to a foot.   Soemone in my town sid that but it's a lot!!!!!! thsnk god on the weekend no prewassure to drive!!  here are soe pictures  night ones 4am day light about an hour ago  I am going to walk copper shortly hopefully there wil be more photos worth taking 
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 46   Go Up