Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 677628 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #8550 on: October 22, 2024, 11:06:56 AM »

Royal Albatross update - Lots of sky calling!! It's wonderful to have the adult Albies return home to renew relationships and rebuild nests for a new season. :-*

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Eagles4, Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Clynn, beautiful autumn and fun Halloween pics! You can see the sisterly closeness between Sydney and sisters. Lovely and special family pic.... I like Restoring Galveston too... beautiful view of Iowa... Willi would love the Vulture Festival  ;D

Phyl, it's raining leaves in today's nature video.... I've done that too with my nightly posts. I'm so tired at the end of the day, by time time I take care of the dinner dishes and turn off the lights in the kitchen, Mike's settled in bed, cats and Sadie are quiet, and I'm almost asleep. But this is my quiet time. I want to sit, enjoy a nice cup of tea and catching up with emails, reading what's on the internet, watching my fun shows, etc... then I lay my head down for a few moments and bam I'm out. LOL! I wake up an hour later and there's my beak post...   :-[  ... darling Halloween decor.... great RRP article! Thanks  ;D

Lisa, new washer is great! Talons crossed 2021 Whirlpool dryer will be okay... You're smart to renew warranty.

Karen, love the pic, is it from SWFL? I see Lisa just posted, and it's M15. He's so handsome  :-*

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #8551 on: October 22, 2024, 12:23:43 PM »

some bounce

New furnace installed this a.m. Seemed to be a good crew. Talons crossed...

Now out to the yardwerk...

TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #8552 on: October 22, 2024, 05:56:54 PM »

Lani, awww, it's dating time again for the Royal Albies!  I think their courtship ritual is so cute!  The meeting:  https://www.bing.com/videos/riverview/relatedvideo?q=albatross%20mating%20ritual%20youtube&mid=945B0D40014677DE2538945B0D40014677DE2538&ajaxhist=0   The dance:   https://www.bing.com/videos/riverview/relatedvideo?q=new+zealand+albatross+mating+ritual+youtube&mid=6DC1D7B68905B968F6AF6DC1D7B68905B968F6AF&FORM=VIRE

karen, love the pic of M15!

Phyl, you're allowed to jut fall asleep now and then! Especially when you aren't 100% feeling good!  Thanks for Amy's Blog. Wonder if this is the first year for interns, I don't remember if I have heard them mention them before!

Lisa, love your morning latte, wonder if it's pumpkin spice! I am amazed at how many pumpkin spice things appear at the grocery store this time of year. Pumpkin spice everything!

tsk, Tim must still be in the hospital, he probably didn't feel very good today...tomorrow should be better.

This is a Facebook reel, it is fascinating...what a smart dog!
https://www.facebook.com/reel/1223489495511832

Dogs Life 
A fishing trip took a dramatic turn when two fishermen, Bob Gist, and Brad Carlisle, stumbled upon 38 hunting dogs struggling in Grenada Lake, Mississippi. Gist, 61, from Arkansas, and Carlisle, from Tennessee, were out on the water with local fishing guide Jordan Chrestman for what they thought would be a relaxing day.
The dogs, part of a hunting group, had jumped into the lake chasing a critter but got disoriented and couldn't make it back to shore. As soon as the fishermen saw what was happening, they sprang into action, making several trips to and from the shore. After about an hour, they managed to rescue all 38 dogs.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #8553 on: October 22, 2024, 06:53:52 PM »

For some reason an Osprey military helicopter flew over the house very low?...flight tracker says it flew out of Fort McCoy in WI...my house shook.
Above pics are from other city peeps.

Pruned some of my perennials today....finish painting tomorrow when it gets above 50...going forward there will be other days above 50 if it doesn't. I'm anxious to get it done though as weather peeps are often wrong and time is passing by quickly with so much more to do before the real cold sets in.

Have a great evening all.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8554 on: October 22, 2024, 06:59:54 PM »

CLYNN  Vulture Fest - who knew   ;D    I've seen that border collie video before and love watching it.  " It's in my genes and I love to do it"  ;D   Bob and Brad in the right place at the right time.  Good rescue

PHYL   Thanks  Lori Mitchell  I like her work.

KAREN   M15 - overachiever  LOL

TIG    Tell me what you notice about the new furnace.....

Missed the early bird surgeons this AM so don't know what the game plan is.  Wasn't til late AM that they finally found a drug combination - Valium and a powerful muscle relaxant- that eased his pain.  He even ate some of his liquid lunch.  However he did sleep most of the day.   PT came and got him out of bed in a chair and walked him 40 ' with a walker. Then he sat for 30 min. before nurse and I got him back to bed.  That did him in!  Imagine just after 24 hours.   He could very well be there tomorrow night as well if things don't pick up a bit.  Sigh.
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #8555 on: October 22, 2024, 09:19:22 PM »

Clynn, I had a nice lunch in an open Barn  in makanda.
. There was a garden and they used their herbs in food ,sold plants, herbs 🪴 and flowers! waTched a tornado spin out of a storm and fortunately it passed us!  No Vultures!
Baz, sorry you are  under the weather!   Yes, I was delighted to talk with my friemd!  Actually talked to another one today!
Tsk, 😱

Lani

« Reply #8556 on: October 23, 2024, 12:20:26 AM »

Tig, good luck with your new furnace

Clynn, love the Albie videos. So sweet  ;D... what a great herding dog! ... what a story about the hunting dogs rescue! Big thank you to the fishing buddies.

Kb, interesting about the osprey helicopter.

{{{Tsk and Tim}}} prayers for healing, comfort for Tim and a good night's sleep for you both. Praying tomorrow will be a better one for Tim.

Karen, you saw a tornado! YIKES!  :o  So glad it passed you and you're okay.

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tim and Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tig, Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles and Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Tsk and Tim, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen and Piper, Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Baz and family, Eagle and family, Tsk's DIL Amy, Puff, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For those lost, pets, and the survivors from Hurricane Helene, and their rescuers,  tHellgate Osprey Antali, Etta, Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #8557 on: October 23, 2024, 06:17:43 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, so did you get caught u on your laundry?  Our washer/dryer is in the basement, and one has to pass through the 'Mole Hole' to get to it, so Ed does the laundry. He doesn't want to hear me yakking about how he needs to clean the place up!  ::) ::) Kelsey helps him, she likes having chores to do! I usually clean (and toss) when he goes to Springfield in the summer, but he hasn't gone for the last two years so it's a REAL mess!  :o :o

tsk, oh my, Tim is having a hard time ... prayers for a much better day today.

Living off the Land - October 20 at 6:21 PM  · Gleaning in Idaho is a beloved fall activity. Here's how it works: After a potato field has been harvested, there are often plenty of potatoes left behind. These could be reds, russets, or other varieties that were initially dug up but deemed surplus by the processors. Instead of letting them go to waste, farmers often return these excess potatoes to the field.
Don't hesitate to fill your boxes and buckets with these! Farmers typically don’t mind if people collect these leftovers; it’s better than having them rot in the field. This practice not only helps reduce waste but also provides an opportunity for locals to gather fresh potatoes for free.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2024, 03:20:54 PM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #8558 on: October 23, 2024, 07:08:11 AM »

Nature 365:

https://www.nature365.tv/video/2024-10-23-sparrows

https://www.nature365.tv

Good Morning Everyone!

Currently: 67F clear , High  83F sunnyy,  with  Low 53F

Hope everyone had a pleasant evening and some SEDs.
Praying for  SWFL and  Ft. Myers nests  .
I'm working on a Halloween project. When I  get it finished. I'll post a snap.

{{{Tsk/Tim}}}  sending prayers for speedy recovery and restful nights

Lani  tks for Royals update/ snap; frightful bats

CLYnn   tks for  story about the hunting dogs rescue; thank you;
Yep. Knew about the potatoes.

Tig all the best with your new furnace

KB interesting about the 'osprey' helicopter. TKS

Prayers for:  Victims of natural  and Man-made disasters and those who rescue them;. Especially for Sauces nest.The Fallen of Abbey Gate, Vietnam, Korean Conflict, WWI and II; Police and First Responders.  Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.   'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . As always, Beakers, Cheerios and RRP and families.🙏 s

🎃    🎃    🎃     🎃      🎃       🎃      🎃      🎃       🎃       🎃       🎃        🎃         🎃         🎃         🎃         🎃         🎃          🎃           🎃

« Last Edit: October 23, 2024, 07:09:58 AM by Phyl »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Puff

« Reply #8559 on: October 23, 2024, 07:58:16 AM »

Well, let me explain . . . Been kinda quiet on my end.  Most know about my great Monday "trip for lunch" in AZ on last Tuesday.  We had such a great 1 1/2 days.  Should have done  this a lot earlier.  Anyway flew back in Wednesday night.  Recommend we all not wait so long to have the fun.

After getting things together back at the homestead - I started not feeling so good.  No long story, let's just say not so much fun.  Made that dreaded 911 for a ride to Good Sam.  Final diagnosis pneumonia.  Indescribable head ache, dizzy, nauseous, freezy chills.  Almost got discharged Monday day until I got this horrid bloody nose.  Got home Monday night about 11.  Now trying to get things straightened out and cleaned up here.  Yesterday watered outside and fed my feathered friends.  Lots of mail.

I'd like to say I'm not going to do that again - HOWEVER  I did have something similar in 2003.  Actually that was more serious - then I had pneumonia along with a viral flu (in 2019 given the diagnostic name Co-vid).  Result of that month + ordeal resulted in Anosmia.  Have had to settle for virtually no taste/no smell since then.

Now doing well enough to be doing something - anything.  Just this daxx headache.  I think it was  in the news about all the cases a month ago.  At least I'm home.   I'll be fine with a few more days.

P         
« Last Edit: October 23, 2024, 08:02:00 AM by Puff »

kbshcb

« Reply #8560 on: October 23, 2024, 09:33:17 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1622210801671484/?s=groups_tab&__cft__[0]=AZWDI7XuuS855Vt2QNTMlN2KKLFxoCrl_5Y-QWbPEibuXpYSPAwSOfB1aCH0dYUzJfIp2t-Uaua3V4AjvK07MVCmG2ChRC0cUlAfZc_el6qqP6lQMOYkI3KO1rfMQtNcEfYhPONjKaWbYISE_zTBdzx3G2p44BBnkI749f62HLgseeZC4DXr6LNQi1wOoPSE54Z5Zs7hkroFQ4ZlcDBkx-rd&__tn__=H-R

Beautiful short reel (video) of 2 bald eagles fishing low over the Mississippi in St. Paul MN with the fall colors in the background.. Just click the blue link part.

LisaG1967

« Reply #8561 on: October 23, 2024, 10:52:11 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

kb - Hmm, I couldn't get the link to open, said reload page.  It looked like it wanted to open the reel, but didn't.

Puff - Oh my, I hope you are the mend now.  You take care, and I hope you have someone checking on you. 

Phyl - Thanks for the 365, and can't wait to see your Halloween project.

clynn - How cool that the farmers let you pick the potatoes instead of letting them rot.  Yes, it was Pumpkin Spice, at least that is what Pinterest said.  ;D  We love the Little Debbie's Pumpkin Delight snack cakes.  They are just enough, and hit the spot.

tig - Glad to hear you got your furnace installed.

karen - Morning  :D

Lani - Thanks for the Royal pics yesterday.  It looked like they were all happy to see each other. 

{{tsk}} - Prayers heading ((Tim's)) way.  I hope he is doing much better today. 

Lani

« Reply #8562 on: October 23, 2024, 11:57:14 AM »

TRR - Sloth TV
Life as a Three-Fingered Sloth | 2024 Sloth Ironman Games Half-Time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaAqHhD-ko0

229 views  Premiered 17 hours ago  #DonateNow #SIMG2024 #SavingSlothsTogether
🌿 Sloth Ironman Games Half-Time Show! 🌿

Join us as we spotlight the incredible three-fingered sloth and its unique differences from its cousin, the two-fingered sloth. From their specialized diet to their slow-motion mastery of the trees, these sloths are vital symbols of Costa Rica's rich biodiversity. 🦥✨

Places like the Toucan Rescue Ranch are essential in preserving these remarkable creatures for future generations. With your support, we can continue to rescue, rehabilitate, and release sloths back into the wild.

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Eagles4, Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Clynn, yes, I caught up on our laundry, and having been doing it everyday.... You're lucky Ed and Kelsey does the laundry. I wouldn't trust Mike with it. LOL! ... what a great giveaway from the Idaho farmers!

Phyl, thanks for the nature video.... looking forward to your project pic... take care.

{{{Puff}}} oh my, sending hugs and prayers for you to heal and rest.  🙏 .. take care  :-*

Kb, I couldn't open your link.

{{{Tsk and Tim}}}   🙏

kbshcb

« Reply #8563 on: October 23, 2024, 12:19:47 PM »

Hmm, I'm taking a minute or two break from painting the lumber on the underside of my new roof.

I can hit the link and open. I always check before I post. It must be because I belong?, I don't know if that's the right word? to that group. It's the "That's so Minnesota" fb page...Maybe it can only be shared between followers

It's so neat and the first thing I thought of was our DNR eagles...being St. Paul and Mississippi.

Anyway, now I know why my contractor/builder of my roof said to paint the lumber supports to match the tin color on the underside. It's so if I "miss" and hit the roof you can't see it!....duh.
I painted the views from the outside dark brown to match the top of the roof color and my house.

Poor Scotty, he built a similar roof over our deck to enclose the screened porch and all the lumber is dark brown. Must have had a rag with him the whole time!..cause there is no dark brown on the underside of that roof.

Still hard and my brush is getting quite tacky so off to finish now.

sorry for the link problem.

LisaG1967

« Reply #8564 on: October 23, 2024, 12:22:10 PM »