Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 677445 times)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #8565 on: October 23, 2024, 02:59:11 PM »

;D. Sweet m15

((Karen)), I love that pic of The Mighty M!!   :) :-* :-* :-*
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #8566 on: October 23, 2024, 03:23:28 PM »

{{{Puff}}} sad to hear you're not doing well. Offering up prayers. Be well soon. Post Script: that's exactly how mine B. pneumonia came on.

Karen via Lisa thank you for the  snaps Blue Ridge Mtn. posted about the loss  from Helene and Milton.
Awesome photos and still so lovely.

KB  I hate painting overhead...keep the hair covered at all costs. Is my philos.  Also it's very taxing on the neck and all.

Lani  there's those sloths. They must love the camera. ;)   Sloth Ironman Games Half-Time---look out sloths the Umpire has that
infamous 'yellow flag' !  Great snap of M-15.  :-*

Lisa cozy Autumn this AM; Publix has a luscious Pumpkin Spice roll with lighter than crème filling. IMHO    ;D

***/Click to enlarge for reading.

Have a bank statement to reconcile before din-din. So will close for the day.  Maybe --maybe not.  Up for grabs. IMHO LOL

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #8567 on: October 23, 2024, 03:30:46 PM »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

baziunc

« Reply #8568 on: October 23, 2024, 03:34:43 PM »

Oh heck... the image I was trying to put here won't work...  ??? ::)  Oh well... I attached a different one - a "funny" - at the end.  ;) :D

Clynn, I had a nice lunch in an open Barn  in makanda.
. There was a garden and they used their herbs in food ,sold plants, herbs 🪴 and flowers! waTched a tornado spin out of a storm and fortunately it passed us!  No Vultures!
Baz, sorry you are  under the weather!   Yes, I was delighted to talk with my friemd!  Actually talked to another one today!
Tsk, 😱

Karen, thanks. I'm feeling way better, and have walked the last 2 days and today. I didn't "catch" anything, but have been dealing with a spate of severe headaches/migraines, in combo with a bit of the blues. The headaches have been keeping me from walking, and a lot of other stuff - walking jiggles the hurting head too much, and the nausea with the headache pain has been the pits.  Sometimes it was just "sit and stare" time. I have a history of severe headaches and migraines, but they have really reared their head of late. But I'm doing lots better! Yay!  :)  Is the other friend you talked to someone who also lives in the area of the mtns that got hit so hard by the storms?

((TSK and Tim)), I'm still catching up on posts, so I may not be up to date, but saw your post that they finally found a med combo that eased Tim's pain some. Thankfully!  Hope that helps move the recovery and healing along, too. Hugs to you both! So what will you do with all those green tomatoes and the cherry tomatoes, too?

Lani, Love the Albie pics! Gotta love that sky calling!! I hope they have a good season again!  :-* :-*  I saw most of that Chiefs game - including the last half of the last quarter. Yay!  ;D  Oh, for sure, Willi would need to go to the Vulture Festival!! And take pictures to post for all of us to see!!  ;D ;D  I miss Willi:-*

Clynn, it's easy to see why that venue is named that. Is that the building they were in? Gotta love the Vulture Festival! There's gotta be a story there.  ;D

Tig, glad your new furnace install is all done!

((Phyl and Jim)), Feel better and better.

KB, Osprey aircraft regularly fly by where I live - usually in pairs, sometimes in groups of 3... usually up the river near me, at fairly low altitudes, so I lose them in the treetops when I go out to watch them, until they come back into view when they get to the next clearing in the trees.. They are loud. Wham-wham-wham-wham!  Once they flew slam-bam-directly over my rooftop and were way lower than they should have been - my house shook like mad, not to mention the noise assault on my ears! Nothing broke, but it pissed me off. LOL. I called a Control Tower liaison to complain. They weren't supposed to do that. The person I spoke with took my info, and confirmed their flight path and altitude - yep, a no-no. He called me back later to say they were doing "training," and would make a point for the "newbies" to get word.  ??? ::) Well, anyway, it must've made a point, because that hasn't happened again. Though they still fly their usual nearby patterns, which are loud enough as it is. I'm not a fan of those Osprey aircraft - they have a bad and fatal history.

Lisa, have you and Jeff been hanging out at the grill in your yard? The weather has been so great! What's cooking on the grill these days?

((Puff)), oh my! You've been through the wringer!! Glad you're home, and hope you're feeling better and better!

Waving to All the Beakers!!
  :D
« Last Edit: October 23, 2024, 04:00:18 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #8569 on: October 23, 2024, 04:04:39 PM »

Phyl, that's what the trick-or-treaters do here, they tell a joke and then you give them candy! And it's always the night before Halloween, Beggars Night! Good 365 this morning, sweet little sparrows... That's a wicked looking witch you have there! Love pumpkin spice goodies! Hope you and Jim are feeling a bit better today! Beautiful Fall pictures this morning! There are so many out there, all so pretty!

Lisa, thanks for posting the waterfall pics from karen!

kb, beautiful foliage along the Mississippi!

Lani, those little sloths have sweet little faces...

Lisa, another beautiful fall morning pic today!  Love pumpkin goodies!

https://www.a-kitchen-addiction.com/pumpkin-snickerdoodle-cookie-bars/

Puff, prayers for you! Take care, hope you are feeling better today!

tsk, how is Tim doing? Better I hope....

baz, I used to have those headaches many years ago. I don't know if they were migraines or not, but the symptoms were as you describe! Glad to hear that you are better today. Yes, that barn in the picture is where the wedding was held.

"A familiar sight when heading down the Glenn Highway towards Anchorage in Glacierview."

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

baziunc

« Reply #8570 on: October 23, 2024, 04:25:40 PM »

Karen, thanks, I love the waterfall pictures! They bring back many wonderful memories of my time spent in the Nantahala Forest - a magical place.

Clynn, oh you just went and did it!  :o Those pumpkin snickerdoodle cookie bars look divine! I can almost taste them.  :D Most of my severe headaches are not migraines (I don't think?), but I also have migraines on occasion. Either way, they suck. I'm glad you don't have them anymore! LOL on the 1930 Facebook!!  ;D ;D ;D

Good night, Beakers. Peace. SED.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2024, 04:31:39 PM by baziunc »

LisaG1967

« Reply #8571 on: October 23, 2024, 05:15:45 PM »

baz - Sorry you have been getting headache/migraines again, they stink for sure.  Do you take any meds for them?  I take something for my migraines called Maxalt.  If I catch it at the start before it gets too bad, the Maxalt works quickly to get rid of it. Jeff has been grilling, just about every day. He likes to does just about any meat.....steaks, chicken, lamb and pork chops.  He also grills the brussel sprouts, green beans, asparagus and sweet potato that he cuts in chunks.  I tell him he is a grillin' fool  ;D

clynn - Mmmm, saved that recipe!   Facebook 1930!  ;D ;D

Phyl - Now that is a spooky looking witch/Maleficent looking thing. Mmmm, pumpkin rolls, love'em!  Aww, cute jokes! 

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #8572 on: October 23, 2024, 06:56:37 PM »

Lisa, sounds like Jeff would love one of these aprons for Christmas!

baz, there's a pumpkin spice little bundt cake in my fridge, it's calling my name....

This is the Astoria-Megler Bridge, an impressive structure that connects the state of Oregon with Washington, crossing the majestic Columbia River. With a length of 6,545 meters (4 miles) it is the longest continuous bridge in North America, allowing vehicles to pass over the wide and deep riverbed. Its main elevated span offers spectacular views of the water and surrounding areas, while its robust features enable it to withstand strong winds and the region's variable weather. It's a true marvel of engineering that has facilitated transit between the two states since 1966.Credits: Flash Curiosidades                                                New York City

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8573 on: October 23, 2024, 07:08:53 PM »

Cannot believe I forgot to post this AM

CLYNN  WOW  Free potatoes. Good idea   I'll have to ask my Washington friend if she's ever been on that bridge.  :o

PHYL  A Halloween project - Can't wait to see  ;D   Loved those Halloween jokes  LOL  Will read those to Tim tomorrow.

PUFF  Oh no  What a rough time you have had.  But so happy to hear you are home and on the mend.  Interesting symptoms for pneumonia!

KB  Wasn't able to access page tonight.  :(

BAZI  Interesting story about the Osprey choppers.  I would never have thought to complain about them. Didn't know you could. Great that you did.   LOL  Light bulb change - into what?  good one.

LANI   LOL  I don't think Tim even knows how to turn on the washer!!   Quite a bit of difference between 3 and 2 fingered sloths when you see them together.  I'll finish that vid at the hospital tomorrow  LOL

KAREN   Beautiful surviving Whitewater Falls

We are over the hump after a dicey AM with another episode of atrial fib and shortness of breath.  CT scan ordered and all seems OK - no embolis to lungs.  As the day progresses and no longer Valium making him looney and sleeping all day he was doing better. Sat up in chair on two occasions and started making sense despite a few hallucinations and confusion .  We'll see what happens tomorrow - think we can start soft food.
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #8574 on: October 23, 2024, 07:16:21 PM »

Phyl - no kidding on the painting over head...I took it real slow as I tend to get vertigo doing so. It took me about an hour and a half whereas a pro might have whipped it out in a half hour me thinks. But looks good and I ended up taking a long nap.

Baz - yes, I thought they grounded the Ospreys?...because of their history. Made me wonder why they were flying so low if they are that prone to mishaps and which branch was flying it.
Furthermore, according to flight tracker it was headed to St. Paul from WI but I'm west of St. Paul and neighbors heard it all the way over in a West Bloomington Park I walk in...
St. Paul has an airport separate from MSP. so they had to turn around and fly back east. Hmm.

tsk - boy you remind me what a b-tch being in a hospital in bad shape is like...sounds good however that Tim is doing better today. Take care.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #8575 on: October 23, 2024, 07:31:52 PM »

some bounce

I raked up 4 bags of evergreen needles today and Camper put down the lawn treatment. We expect r a I n tomorrow.

(( TSK )) I'll never forget my Dad hallucinating during one of his hospital stays. He said he saw flying pink elephants!

SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

karengramke

« Reply #8576 on: October 23, 2024, 10:08:04 PM »

Clynn, been meaning to tell you that I have direct tV and I get the magnolia channel, It is in a separate package hgat includes the history channel, National Geographic is and many other things.  You and/ or your sisters might  want to 
 get your mother  this
For  her birthday  or for Christmas..

Lisa,  thanks for posting the link to the Falls.  It was so nice to see that some of the areas natural beauty  remains in tact. 
Baz, I have read that Cashiers was not too bad. Have not heard about Highlands!  Summer havens of folks in the deep, humid south!
Lani, I love those little sloths!
Puff, take care.
Tsk, you take care too.  I hope Tim is much better tomorrow!
Bl, where do you get the tubes and other parts?,
Seds

BrokenLug

« Reply #8577 on: October 23, 2024, 11:01:16 PM »

Karen I have no idea where my Brother found the tubes and electronics 20 + yrs ago.  :o

He got 5 of each of them then at the time however.

Hopefully that 6" TV will still flicker on as our 1st Woman President is sworn in.  ;D
U. S. A.

BrokenLug

« Reply #8578 on: October 23, 2024, 11:20:45 PM »

Pip is not riding the saddle for this Cali trip unfortunately.

Her hip is still not quite right for the downhill angles of the proposed Shasta hiking tracks.   

I'm going to go see some family long overdo on the flanks of MT Shasta just outside of Redding, CA.

My Uncle George, my Grandmothers Brother who walked with me 30+ years ago on these trails will hold my hand.

Staying at this slice of still heavenly active ranch back in time.

I actually own 1 acre of lava hereabouts.

Never been to it but I have the CA official deed.

When I stand in the cab of Uncle George's fire tower that he climbed up to for decades for the USFS .

I always happy cry knowing why. 

~ I read back through the posts. ~

My Fathers Mother and Father had 5 kids. 2 boys and 3 girls. All had the initials J.L.S.
Jack, James, Judy, Jean and Janice.
Why.

Back in the hey day of the NJ boardwalks Grandpa had a thing for raffle tickets and always signed them J.L.S.

All 5 wildly roaming children where dutifully instructed to claim anything called out J.L.S. by the barkers.

Hence the very 1st Television in Ho-Ho-Kus NJ.

6" diagonal flickering Black and White screen in a hefty beautifully hand crafted sturdy wood cabinet full of RCA tubes hard hand procured by my Brother Beak.

It still works.
We usually stand back about 4' and have a fire extinguisher handy, but it still does it's technological MARVEL job of it's day.   

U. S. A.

BrokenLug

« Reply #8579 on: October 23, 2024, 11:36:23 PM »

Beak and I arrived at the same XY time.

Been awhile you seeing my Brother.

Hey you look like shit my brother we both said at the same time.

Partying aged.

You ready to get your bow on ?

You Bet.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2024, 11:55:44 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.