Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 677178 times)

BrokenLug

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #8580 on: Yesterday at 12:29:28 AM »

We step into the wildness together.

U. S. A.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #8581 on: Yesterday at 12:42:04 AM »

Karen, Lisa, beautiful Whitewater falls.

Phyl, Fun Halloween jokes... great witch  ;D

{{{Baz}}} glad you're feeling better. I had terrible migraines in the 70's, thank God, I don't have them anymore... I pray each day finds you feeling free of those terrible headaches/migraines, so that you can enjoy more walks and see your favorite critters... love the witch LOL!

Clynn, yummy cookie recipe  ;D. love the winter highway pic.... FB 1930 LOLOL!!  ;D ... love the grill aprons... and I want a Pumpkin Spice bundt cake, they are so delicious!

Tsk, Mike doesn't know how to turn on a washer too! LOL! I don't even know if he's ever turned on the dryer.  ;D I'm so relieved for you that Tim is doing better. Prayers for continued healing and strength each day.  :-*.. you take care too.  :-*

Tig, WOW! 4 bags is a lot, you take care.

{{{Karen and Piper}}}

BL  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMVjToYOjbM

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tim and Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tig, Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles and Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Tsk and Tim, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen and Piper, Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Baz and family, Eagle and family, Tsk's DIL Amy, Puff, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For those lost, pets, and the survivors from Hurricane Helene, and their rescuers,  tHellgate Osprey Antali, Etta, Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #8582 on: Yesterday at 01:56:00 AM »

It’s a short article, but it looks long because of the numerous embedded ads and blank space. Just keep scrolling… Reading past the embedded ads for the whole article will give some updated info related to the staggering amount of damage in western NC from Hurricane Helene, and its incredible costs. The numbers are mind-boggling:

https://www.npr.org/2024/10/24/g-s1-29660/north-carolina-hurricane-helene-damage

A brief excerpt from that article says:
“The storm and its aftermath caused 1,400 landslides and damaged over 160 water and sewer systems, at least 6,000 miles (9,650 kilometers) of roads, more than 1,000 bridges and culverts and an estimated 126,000 homes, the budget office said. Some 220,000 households are expected to apply for federal assistance.”
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 02:06:15 AM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8583 on: Yesterday at 06:32:30 AM »

KB  Hospitals truly are no fun esp with nursing shortages...

TIG    Hallucinations can be kind of funny esp when you know they will go away once tons of meds clear the brain and surroundings are familiar.  When Tim had his double knee replacements back in 2008 he was so angry because of the barking dogs in the hallway keeping him awake  LOL    Knowing the size of pine needles, I can't imagine piling them.  That's a lot of needles.

BL   So great you can see bro and family and do some familiar hiking.  Uncle George holding your hand - nice memory.  Pip smart to sit this one out.  Loved the TV story and the fire hose...

BAZI  Such a sad state of affairs esp in how long it can take to receive the financial aid - the amts are staggering and almost meaningless.
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #8584 on: Yesterday at 06:43:35 AM »

Good Morning Everyone!

Currently: 53F clear , High  77F sunny,  with  Low 52F

Hope everyone had a pleasant evening and some SEDs.
Praying for Sauces nest.

{{{Tsk & Tim}}}

CLynn  Astoria-Megler Bridge is awesome; on my those aprons, LOL.   Great snap of New York City at dawn

{{{Bazi}}}    glad you're feeling better. Thanks for the update on NC and the hurricane Helene, damages /costs  :o

Tig    Oh my word! that's  a lot of work esp w/ pine needles

{{{Karen and Piper}}}

Karen  & Lisa beautiful water falls.

BL   very nice you can see brother/ family and do some  hiking on familiar trails.

Prayers for:  Victims of natural  and Man-made disasters and those who rescue them;. Especially for Sauces nest.The Fallen of Abbey Gate, Vietnam, Korean Conflict, WWI and II; Police and First Responders.  Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.   'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . As always, Beakers, Cheerios and RRP and families.🙏 s

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #8586 on: Yesterday at 06:53:28 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, another gorgeous 365 with a beautiful little bird!  And beautiful Fall pictures! It's hard to choose, right?

baz, those embedded ads are getting worse!  You are right, the damage in western NC is staggering and so much more complicated than Katrina. 6000 miles of roads, that is twice the distance from coast to coast in the US!! And then the number of homes destroyed. And that is just NC! I just cannot imagine what all those people are going through...

Lani, I had those bad headaches in the 70 also, that is strange...something in the air? :o  Does Mike do the grill at your house?  I purposely do not know how to turn the grill on.  ;D  And Mike doesn't know how to turn the washer on! But it all works out!

BL, have a great time! Sorry Pip's hip is bothering her, hope it gets better!

tig, we have two pines in the side yard, one year we raked 23 bags of pine needles and pine cones. Some of that was surely from the previous years! Love the smell of the pines, and it's so shady.

tsk, so glad to hear that Tim is on the mend! Now when do you think he will be able to come home? I bet LuLu misses him!  I was kind of worried when I didn't see a morning post from you yesterday... but all is well.  And there you are this morning! Just like old times, I see your morning post when I preview mine!

Now where is oldguy?

kb, https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/08/politics/v-22-osprey/index.html

https://www.facebook.com/reel/535902888974985

This street is a couple of blocks from our house, It is lined with very tall ash trees, so tall that they meet in the middle, making the street seem like a tunnel in the summer. It was raining yellow leaves so i had to stop and take a couple of pictures!

The Canyonlands Restaurant at Bearizona in Williams, AZ

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 07:36:19 AM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

oldguy

« Reply #8587 on: Yesterday at 07:32:35 AM »

Hello Beakers

Been busy getting ready for winter here as well - just a few things left to do outside...

Check out the activity on the barrier islands near Fort Myers - something I had not thought of  ::)
Hurricane Milton Destroyed Our Beaches   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY7xQ9jQs5s

Working today - will post more videos tonight... ;D
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #8588 on: Yesterday at 08:15:58 AM »

some bounce
Sitting, waiting, oil change.
Clynn... We took over my family home in 2007. The first time I raked under the 3 grouped trees was in 2021. I was afraid it would pose a threat of fire ( it was a time of high anxiety due to the lawlessness ). It probably had not been cleaned up in decades, if ever. It was several feet deep and took dozens of bags.
BBL
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Puff

« Reply #8589 on: Yesterday at 08:29:24 AM »

Thanks for that new perspective OG.  Sand really is a biggggg problem.  Can't rebuild the towns until that sand has found its old home or new home.  Must be an enormous weight to move.  Problem, too, must run the full length of both the east and west sides of FL.

P

karengramke

« Reply #8590 on: Yesterday at 09:35:04 AM »

Old Guy, I have seen a lot of sand clean up and redistribution while living in Alabama.  Some was to rebuild the west end of Dauphin Island which washes away each time a storm comes in from that direction.     Geologists  usually  believe the barrier islands should not be built on  as their natural purpose is ti protect the land they front from destruction.   I had friends in Al. Who bought a condo  on the Beach .  After a hurricane.David drove down to check it out!  S president of the condo board he thought he would begin the restoration of the pool area!   After a few hours of shoveling sand back on the beach he realized he could not shovel out the pool and decking, etc and professionals were called in! So much for beach front living! 
Not to pick on our southern beaches, I had an apartment in El Paso,Tx  where sand would blow through two walls into the kitchen!  No windows in the area.

Pretty Fall pictures ladies.

Needles from the loblollys equal mulch.  Usually decompose in a year.

(((Tim)))

Thanks for the article Baz.   Asheville and wnc was  the prettiest  place I ever lived.  Best weather as well!   Nosw this!

LisaG1967

« Reply #8591 on: Yesterday at 09:36:32 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

clynn - I like those apron, and not sure he would wear one outside, but I did Jeff a t-shirt similar that says "Grill Master" on the front. The Astoria-Megler Bridge reminds me of the my bridge with the steel structure.  Love that last pic from your morning pics, and wow the trees from the street close to you, so pretty.

tsk - Glad to hear that Tim is over the hump.  I hope each day is better and better for him.  ((HUGS)) and prayers!

tig - That is alot of raking.  Hope you aren't too sore this morning.

karen - You're welcome.

BL - Have a safe trip. 

Phyl - Pretty morning pics.  Thanks for the 365. 

Lani, Puff, oldguy and all  - Morning   :D

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #8592 on: Yesterday at 10:10:47 AM »

bounce
Feeling well

BL - I stay 4' from everything and everybody these days!  ;)  Talons crossed...

(( TSK/Tim ))

All   :)
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #8594 on: Yesterday at 11:00:38 AM »

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Eagles4, Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Baz, heartbreaking situations in NC.  :'(. I can't imagine how long it will take to repair and rebuild the area.   🙏

Phyl, beautiful morning pics... thanks for nature video.

Clynn, Mike enjoys grilling. I do know how to turn it on for him, which I do sometimes.... Alex, I'll go with the toddler for $100! LOL!!  8) ... beautiful Ash tree lined streets...
We'll have to go to Bearizona sometime!

Oldguy, my gosh! I can't imagine how long it will take to clean, repair and replace sand along the coast.

Tig, Because the fear of fires, we're required to clean up the pine debri. They are considered fuel for fire. Good job, take care.

Hi Puff, Karen, Kb, Lisa, Tsk   :-*

I have another zoom meeting in an hour.
I had one late yesterday too, and I'll have one tomorrow morning.
Lord grant me grace.  :-\

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander