Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 677611 times)

BrokenLug

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #8535 on: October 21, 2024, 09:57:38 PM »

U. S. A.

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #8536 on: October 21, 2024, 10:46:22 PM »

Good afternoon!  As a friend of mine( long deceased) used to say, God is Good!  I just got off the phone with my friend in Asheville!    She is fine. Was without power for 10 days  and without waTer as well!   She lives in an Apartment complex  with a swimming pool  so residents dipped water  out to flush toilets.   Someone brought her a meal every day from someone who was grilling or churches or others in the area.   Her power is now on and so is the water.  They are under a boil order. However and she said she has to remember not   To put her toothbrush under the tap!   She went ti church yesterday and they told her I was looking for her and gave her my number!   She has not been too many places  in town but did say Biltmore is a  real mess.  I am so relieved!

Karen, OMG! Thank goodness! That is great news, and I bet you are so relieved!! I have been thinking about your friend every day. I’m so glad she is okay, all things considered, and that you were finally able to catch up with her. I bet she was very happy to connect with you, too! I’m sorry Piper had another seizure, but glad she is doing well. I remember from her being assessed before for that that she didn’t need any special treatment or meds. Glad it was brief and that she’s back to her usual fun ways. Hugs to you and Piper.  :-*

TSK, mmm, will you make fried green tomatoes? I love them. My mom used to pickle thin slices of green tomatoes, and candied some, too. I wasn’t a fan of either of those, but always ate them when she put them out, LOL. They were made with great effort and love, so how could I pass on them? Reminds me always of the Andy Griffith episode about Aunt Bea’s pickles, and Andy pretending to like them. That episode cracks me up, no matter how many times I see it.  :D

Clynn, I love all the pics of Sydney and Erin and The Munchkins! The kids look so happy, and are having so much fun. Pretty wedding reception venue! I love the theme, the dresses, the decorations, and those pretty flowers! I guess Sydney was her Maid of Honor. Fun sightseeing locales and pics, too!

Lani, what a trial with the washer and dryer problems! Fingers crossed the new ones last forever! I had been following the record breaking run of triple digit temps there, and was hoping your elevation was protecting you from that. And I also was hoping you were getting some of the rain at your house that I had recently seen talked about for that area!

KB, good pics. I know you’re going to enjoy your new front porch cover, and not having that icy step this year, too! It looks nice.

Lisa, good news that you don’t need to shell out for new glasses right now! Yay!

Phyl, I hope you and Jim are better and better, and soon will be well. And can get your shots before too long, too. I know you need to wait till you’re well, but hopefully that won’t be long. And doctors say it’s never too late to get the ones you mentioned.

BL, sounds divine!

Tig, I have just started coming out from a spell of not feeling well, and I missed my boyfriend playing. I need to follow up on that. I already miss him.

I’m glad that the Colorado eagle pair survived the lightning strike to their nest tree.  :-* They were lucky! Birds usually are electrocuted if they are on a tree branch of a tree when it’s struck by lightning, so I’ve read. Sadly, it sounds like the Red-tailed Hawk did not survive. I have read a number of articles about lightning strikes to trees killing birds. It isn’t a rare thing. I’m not positive right at the moment, but I think one of those articles was even posted a long time ago by RRP after a storm in Decorah. But I wouldn’t swear to that memory. LOL.

Waving to all the Beakers! Sleep well. SED.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2024, 11:14:17 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

kbshcb

« Reply #8537 on: October 21, 2024, 10:47:38 PM »

BrokenLug

« Reply #8538 on: October 21, 2024, 10:54:04 PM »

My peeps North _ Mtn. Shasta way.

We tend to settle out here abouts.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2024, 11:02:56 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

kbshcb

« Reply #8539 on: October 21, 2024, 10:58:04 PM »

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #8540 on: October 21, 2024, 11:03:10 PM »

LANI  Love the pooch posing with the pumpkins  LOL

KAREN   hooray!  Your friend is safe and folks were watching out for her.  Love the quip about the tooth brush and tap water That would be me.!

Tim had his gall bladder surgery at noon today.  Is stayingovernight tho I can easily see it becoming 2.  Gall bladder out laproscopically.  Amen to that   However it stuck to the liver with all the inflammation going on so has a temporary drain to clear any leaking bile from the liver.  He's in as much pain as he was for the first drain of the infected gall bladder.  It is very hard to watch.  Had to come home - Tomorrow is another day.

TSK, oh gosh, I just now saw this. I’m glad Tim’s gallbladder is out finally, but I hate he’s dealing with the complication and the pain. Prayers for speedy healing and recovery, and comfort for you both. Hugs.  :-*
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #8541 on: October 22, 2024, 01:03:08 AM »

Hi Shep, The poor eagles, especially the female eagle and Hawk.. both of them in shock after the strike.
I'm so glad she was okay after a while. I hope the hawk is too...  I pray they both will make a new nest and eaglets.

Clynn, Sisters of Canine Order  ;D ... beautiful wedding photos... Sydney looks lovely, and so is the bride and her sisters. Beautiful family... Miss Bella looks like a princess, and Talon looks great with his new haircut.  ;D

Phyl, gorgeous GHO in nature video.... beautiful morning on the Flyaway.

Hi Lisa, Puff, Kb

{{{Karen}}} I'm so glad you heard from your friend, and she's doing as well as can be expected. God Bless her.... I'm glad {{{Piper}}} is okay too.  :-*

Tsk, I'm so relieved that Tim had his surgery. I'm sorry there are complications. I pray you both get some rest tonight.  :(. And Prayers for quick healing and much comfort from the pain. I'm so sorry he has to go through this. You take care as well.  :-*

BL, safe travels and fun time!

Hi Baz, the Chiefs won!  ;D 8)

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tim and Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tig, Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles and Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Tsk and Tim, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen and Piper, Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Baz and family, Eagle and family, Tsk's DIL Amy, Puff, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For those lost, pets, and the survivors from Hurricane Helene, and their rescuers,  tHellgate Osprey Antali, Etta, Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #8542 on: October 22, 2024, 06:41:48 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, love your little stick kids! And the pumpkin buggy with the bug pulling it! So cute! Hope you and Jim are feeling better! Purrs to Ms Maggie...

Lani, cute pumpkin decor! Some people go all out at Halloween! My old boss at WF always had a Halloween party and every inch of his house was decorated! He must have had a room that was just for storing his decorations!

BL, wow, clear across the US! You have MANY miles on you!

baz, sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling so hot! Today will be good I hope!  Yes, Sydney was Samantha's Maid of Honor, they are very close!

tsk, poor Tim, he just can't get a break! Hope in a few days he will be glad it's done. I think you asked about Talon's curls, I think he maybe got over that phase! The wedding was at  the Valley View Event Center in Moulton, IA. Down in southeastern Iowa near Lake Rathbun. Looks like a nice place to have a wedding. Do you, by chance, watch Restoring Galveston? It's on Magnolia, a young couple who rescues old houses. Well, they took an old Millwork warehouse and turned it into a beautiful wedding venue on their show last evening. When they got it done they were remarried there! Love that show! Here is a pic of Valley View in Iowa:

« Last Edit: October 22, 2024, 06:56:28 AM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8543 on: October 22, 2024, 07:10:07 AM »

TIG    Camper always camera ready for those gorgeous shots  :)

KB  Stunning shot of your autumn leaves.    Like LANI would say " It would make a good puzzle"  LOL

BL  So California is the next destination?  I see reading on - Mt Shasta area.  Is this the guys or does Pip go on this one?

BAZI   I have tried fried green tomatoes several times but Tim does not care for them and I won't bother for myself.  To miss your boyfriend playing tennis - you really must have been ailing.   :(   Good to hear you are on the mend.

PHYL   Another cool series this AM  :)

CLYNN  Liked the saying " autumn embraces change even as she is falling to pieces"  Interesting image. :)  For some, Halloween is bigger decorating than Xmas.   I"m not sure I get Magnolia channel - Is that a streaming one?  We have places like that here as well and have been to a reception in a "converted barn" .  People can get very creative.
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #8544 on: October 22, 2024, 07:28:14 AM »

tsk, Magnolia is on cable and satellite and probably streaming as well. It used to be the DIY network, then Chip and Joanna bought it and changed it to Magnolia. We have Dish and we have it, but Mom has Direct TV and it's not on there!

Look what went on in Southern Illinois, south of Carbondale this past weekend:
« Last Edit: October 22, 2024, 07:34:29 AM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #8545 on: October 22, 2024, 08:10:35 AM »

I was up very late last night working on this morning's post. Fell asleep and hit 'Post'  and published an unfinished post. Yikes!   About an hour ago woke-up   and  checked  what was suppose to be my draft ---Bingo!  So here I am.  ::)

Nature 365:

https://www.nature365.tv/video/2024-10-22-leaf-fall

https://www.nature365.tv

Good Morning Everyone...Happy Tuesday!

Currently: 65F cloudy , High  69F mostly,  with  Low 64F

Hope everyone had a pleasant evening and some SEDs.
Praying for  Sauces Bald Eagle Cam nest 

CLynn  wish I could say doing better. I don't sleep well at night and then nap during the day. This just keeps hanging on and on.  Enjoyed your post. A Vulture Fest in Southern Illinois, south of Carbondale  Hummm.

TSK glad yiou like the figurines. Their  creator is Lori Mitchell    https://escandcompany.com/collections/lori-mitchell

{{{Karen}}}
  great news,  so glad your friend  is okay, considering, and were finally able to catch up  on things with her.

Bazi :) HI.

{{{TSK /Tim }}}  . I’m glad Tim has his gallbladder removed.  Prayers for speedy recovery.

BL   safe travels and fun

Prayers for:  Victims of natural  and Man-made disasters and those who rescue them;. Especially for Sauces nest.T he Fallen of Abbey Gate, Vietnam, Korean Conflict, WWI and II; Police and First Responders.  Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.   'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . As always, Beakers, Cheerios and RRP and families.🙏 s

« Last Edit: October 22, 2024, 08:16:25 AM by Phyl »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #8546 on: October 22, 2024, 08:31:08 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

Program Spotlight: Luther College Banding Station
 October 21, 2024  RaptorResource

https://www.raptorresource.org/2024/10/21/program-spotlight-luther-college-banding-station/

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

LisaG1967

« Reply #8547 on: October 22, 2024, 08:43:41 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

karen - Glad to hear that Piper is good now after her seizure. 

((tsk)) - I am hoping that ((Tim)) is doing ok today, and is in more comfort.  Wishing him a speedy recovery!

tig - Sounds like a fun day, have always wanted to go to an apple orchard. 

kb - Pretty pic of the Fall leaves.  Glad to hear you got your porch all painted.

BrokenLug - Thanks for the tunes.

baz - Yes, I am happy about that too.  Is your family doing ok that was affected by the storm?

Lani - How is your new washing machine making out?  I thought of you the other day.  I got a email from Lowe's asking if I wanted to extend the warranty protection on mine.  I did it for another three years.

Phyl - Love the lil Halloween figurines.  Thanks for the 365.

clynn - Love all those houses with the Halloween decorations. Can you imagine putting all that up?!?!  Beautiful pic from Valley View. Oh my, a Vulture Festival!

karengramke

« Reply #8548 on: October 22, 2024, 10:16:10 AM »

;D. Sweet m15
« Last Edit: October 22, 2024, 10:25:01 AM by karengramke »

LisaG1967

« Reply #8549 on: October 22, 2024, 10:53:34 AM »

;D. Sweet m15

I was just checking my email, and getting ready to post that for you!

Great pic of M15!