Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 678075 times)

Puff

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #8475 on: October 19, 2024, 08:34:37 AM »

It's me again - Getting back into things. . .

I didn't mean to cause angst in comment of F23.  Went through a lot of postings for Oct 14-16 just to get caught back up.  I stayed on SWFL cam for a while when finished, drinking my tea.  Who ever was manning cam on Thursday must have been noticing things - no one ever commented but cam person would stop and focus in on that left side - held the shot for a while.  That's why I asked the question no one was saying anything.  Wasn't both eyes, so it wasn't a matter of taking a nap.  When opened it looked/looks OK to me too.  Unusual too was operator would zoom in and would stay.  No one was chatting either.  After 12 years (?) my interest was just piqued. 

Loved the simple but beautiful of Nature 365 leaf. . . . A leaf is a leaf is a leaf - UNTIL IT'S AUTUMN.

About 2 years ago we got a "Nothing Bundt Cake".  Very creative, tasty moist too.  $$$$$, too.  I like to give as thank you to people.  Serves about two people, very rich cakes.

Back outside for feeding of the birds, clean out plugged fountain, check plants for frost damage Tuesday, fill other water features.  Going into 70's for few days? 

Ohhhh - and that reminds me.  While I was in Phoenix earlier this week they broke a forever (1895) heat record, just in case Lani didn't mention it.  Ready?  For 21 straight days, 21 straight days, did I mention a record 21 straight days. . .21 straight days of over 120 degrees.  Wednesday only 101.  But it's a dry heat. :P

P         

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #8476 on: October 19, 2024, 10:00:06 AM »

some bounce

Happy Anniversary Connie and Ed !!!

My step daughter named their kids Grace, Gabriel, Grant, Glory ... biblical.  ;)

Puff - "dry heat" my arse. LOL.

Sprinkling all day... picked up Sonny Boy, Al Pacino's book, from the library, and did my annual drop of our shreddables at the Credit Union.

TTFN
« Last Edit: October 19, 2024, 11:07:26 AM by camperstig »
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #8477 on: October 19, 2024, 10:54:11 AM »

Happy Anniversary Clynn and Ed! Make a wish!  ;D
Sending prayers today and always!  :-*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VJlHWESyLI

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #8478 on: October 19, 2024, 10:57:15 AM »

Lani, thanks for the Anniversary card! We are going for a drive in a bit,  to look at some fall leaves and grab some lunch somewhere! That will be our Anniversary Lunch!

Phyl, I totally understand those cat things! It wasn't rice, but years ago my cat thought puzzle pieces in the box was a new kind of litter...  Beautiful 365!  Thank you for the anniversary card! I feel bad for you and Jim, you couldn't have that RSV that is going around, could you?  https://www.rsvandme.com/?cc=ps_DHYUSHUVRB1479332&mcm=330002&gclid=9336e44a556f15b414eb8359998b20f3&gclsrc=3p.ds&msclkid=9336e44a556f15b414eb8359998b20f3  I hope not!

tig, thanks for the anniversary wishes!

Puff, I can't imagine all those days of temps in Phoenix over 120 degrees! I can't remember what the temps were like when we lived there in the 60s, I just know that as kids we were fine with it, and we lived outside all summer long. Must be the dry heat, which is nothing a kid knows or cares about! There were 3 pools on the base and we frequented them all (all were free)!

Lisa, thanks for the Anniversary card! Fruitcake cookies, love them as long as the candied fruit is only cherries and pineapple - no citrus peels!  Love your cite black cat! Would Bandit let you dress hum up?  LOLOL!

For more than two years, a wild elk had a car tire stuck around his neck. This weekend Colorado wildlife officers finally shot it with a tranquilizer gun, sawed off its antlers and removed the tire, which held 10 lbs of forest debris, that had been around its neck for roughly half its life 🥺😟

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #8479 on: October 19, 2024, 11:10:27 AM »

Um... why didn't they just saw through the tire? Poor thing. May it have a good life...
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #8480 on: October 19, 2024, 11:13:54 AM »

Happy Caturday Beakers!
Morning Eagles4, Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8481 on: October 19, 2024, 12:26:47 PM »

CLYNN   So funny - Becky was going to be Dirk  LOLOL   Ahhh.  I did that PCH from the inside lane - thank you very much!
Love that 1970 Cost of living.  My first job with the VA,  I made 6,900 and after 6 months 7,200.  I was rich!!  I remember gasoline being closer to 0.25?  and stamps -.03 cents?   Cool bike. ;D   Elk story kind of sad.  I would have found a way to power through the tire rather than cute the antlers off. :'(

PHYL   Loved the cat pics  :)   Good 365 - reds  :o

LISA   Cute little black kitty  ;D   You have a friend who lives near SWFL nest - How cool is that!

PUFF  That is some record for Phoenix  Yikes. Hope the electric grid held for that long of a period

LANI   We had the 45rpm of Catch a Falling Star that played on our phonograph. ;) ;) ;)   Now there is a cat named Bandit!! or Zorro or Ranger  LOL
Chicagoland

clynndunn

« Reply #8482 on: October 19, 2024, 02:28:55 PM »

tig, tsk, I thought the same thing, why didn't they just cut the tire off. I guess it's a man thing...?

tsk, when I was going to college (1970/73, gas was 23.9 AND you got a free item with a fill-up (usually $3 worth)! I had a set of B.C. glasses/pitcher from Marathon, silverware from Shell and china from Standard. Mom & Dad bought their house for $16,500 with an 8% loan. I made 70 cents an hour at the Dairy Del, then I went to work at the bank. $118.56 deposited in my account on the 1st and the 15th each month, for working 5 and a half days a week. Then I went to work at the factory for way more than the bank! That is when I thought I was rich!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #8483 on: October 19, 2024, 02:48:06 PM »

Cat loves to get it's head wet before drinking!

Well, halleljuah...my roof over my front steps is done!.....it's gorgeous, a true craftsman imho. Thicker lumber better color of roofing tin, brown to melt snow, and gutter being placed now as I speak.
Which will hopefully keep from puddling straight off the roof, including snow melt.
Couldn't have asked for a better person to do it. My son's best friend recommended him.

Andrew, my go to guy for landscaping and all other things said last year he thought he could do it. But Andrew is not a carpenter. After watching this 2 plus day process I'm glad I went with a genuine...May have cost me more but will out live me me thinks!

oldguy

« Reply #8484 on: October 19, 2024, 03:32:47 PM »

Clynn & Ed
Happy Anniversary - Congratulations on 40 years of love, dedication, happiness

« Last Edit: October 19, 2024, 03:35:02 PM by oldguy »
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

LisaG1967

« Reply #8485 on: October 19, 2024, 04:30:21 PM »

tig - Love the names of grandkids!

clynn - Never in a million years would Bandit let me dress him up.  I tried to put a Halloween bow tie collar on him once, and got bit & scratched  ;D
Ugh, agree with everyone, why didn't they just cut off the tire?!?!

Lani - Love that morning kitty with is permanent mask  :D

tsk - You might have seen some of her videos around RRP...She is Lizzy G Eaglespirit for her videos.  Sue B has also shared some of her pics, as MLiz Photos. 

kb - My Bandit likes to get his head wet too before drinking.  Hope your roof came out nice. 

Good night, everyone  :)

clynndunn

« Reply #8486 on: October 19, 2024, 04:44:42 PM »

oldguy, thank you! The goodies look delicious!

Lisa, same with any of my cats, I would be a bloody mess... :o :o

When Autumn meets Winter in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Western NC.  Michele Schwartz.

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #8487 on: October 19, 2024, 06:49:38 PM »

TIG   LOLOL donuts  ;D ;D

KB  Sorry to be presumptuous in thinking it was a male.  Amy did very well by herself.  As all of them do - dedicated a big chunk of her life to the sport - What does she do now?

KAREN   After I had typed that about early voting, I heard other states had earlier voting. 

Karen, I voted early here yesterday. Early in-person voting started in NC this past Thursday.

TSK, in-person early voting rules and dates are different in every state. Well, I guess you already figured that out. LOL.  ;)

Phyl, if you want to, you can still do in-person early voting in your state, which says, "Early voting for the November 5 election is from Wednesday, October 16, through Thursday, October 31." It also says those dates and times may vary by location. Here's the official link for your state, for dates/times/at various location:
https://sos.tn.gov/elections/guides/how-to-early-vote-in-person
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8488 on: October 19, 2024, 06:56:35 PM »

CLYNN  It's amazing to go back and see what life was like then.  My babysitting money 0.50/hour went into a kitty so I could go on my junior high school trip to DC  LOL   We start to feel like our parents when they spoke of their "old" days. ;)
Cat on the broken bench  LOL  Striking color on the BRH walk.

KB  Can you take a pic and show us.  Sounds perfect.  Before and after???

BAZI   Our in person voting starts Monday.
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #8489 on: October 19, 2024, 07:17:13 PM »

Bazi Yes. Still time to early vote in  Tenn.  Thanks  ;)  We got a pamphlet for early v oting  dates. Tks for the link however---you're always on top of things.

Everyone thanks for the Caturdays and links. Always love/ enjoy Caturday.  I have a 4 pack of Harry Potter Butter Beer from the HP store.
Gonna share it tonight while watching ( for  umpteenth time) HP SS.
I wouldn't dream of dressing a cat---I want to live ! LOL

Good Night
 Everyone... SEDs 
Praying for SWFL and Ft. Myers nests . And,   victims of natural and Man-made disasters

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam